AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-10-21, 14:35   Link #1361
hacks21

I think risa kamazaki will only appear during ayatsuji turn since ayatsuji is the only one who believed him in an event when she spreads lies in the game..

Spoiler for Risa kamazaki:
hacks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 12:58   Link #1362
Arya

mmm, probably it has been already asked, but I'm following this series randomly, looking at the girls I may assume that there are no tsundere here, right? I thought Haruka could be one (I was guessing by the look) but she wasn't.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 23:14   Link #1363
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

There's really no girl that fulfills the tsundere archetype. My opinion is that Kaoru has some tsundere traits, but I wouldn't classify her as one.

That makes me realize that none of the girls really fit into an established stereotype. There's no tsun-tsun standoffs or months of awkward shyness prolonging forming a relationship. It's quite refreshing really.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 07:21   Link #1364
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
mmm, probably it has been already asked, but I'm following this series randomly, looking at the girls I may assume that there are no tsundere here, right? I thought Haruka could be one (I was guessing by the look) but she wasn't.
I think Kaoru is the closes that would fit the tsundere compared to the other girls so far, but she doesn't really fit that discription. I guess by default there is no tsundere types then unless the student class rep pull a higurashi on us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
There's really no girl that fulfills the tsundere archetype. My opinion is that Kaoru has some tsundere traits, but I wouldn't classify her as one.

That makes me realize that none of the girls really fit into an established stereotype. There's no tsun-tsun standoffs or months of awkward shyness prolonging forming a relationship. It's quite refreshing really.
Agreed.
Old 2010-10-26, 13:45   Link #1365
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post

yea, I agree too, even if I found that each (x girl's) development moves a bit too smoothy, I mean, some resistance sometimes would be a nice change of pace. Well, we will see. Now I'm waiting for the class rep.

@Knightrunner: ops, what do you mean by that higurashi thing? Class rep trying to kill the boy?
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 06:24   Link #1366
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

I don't understand this anime at all.. there are several arc with different girls but .... then Juroichi gets together with all of them in different arcs....? and then even marries with the first one...

I am missing the point of this arc... why are all like that...?
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 06:58   Link #1367
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

They may be arcs but they are separate stories. Everything kind of resets after four episodes.
Old 2010-10-27, 11:06   Link #1368
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It really helps to read a FEW pages of the threads before asking questions... you'll often find the answers without appearing as you've not been paying attention

Amagami is experimenting with the "omnibus" format. A series of parallel reality stories that follows the route ending in each girl -- this is a straightforward adaptation of each route in the software 'game' (visual novel of the choose-the-adventure type) that the series is based on.

Most so-called 'harem' anime try to *integrate* the storylines - which often fails or annoys either because the writers weren't skillful enough or they chicken out and no choice is made. This is a safe way out of that minefield particularly in rough economic times when pissing off the hardcore fans can be financial death. Frankly, I'd rather see this format than some of the trainwrecks I've witnessed over the last few years but then it makes it less likely we'll see more of the really *excellent* integrated adaptations that we have gotten occasionally.
Old 2010-10-28, 08:47   Link #1369
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Oh /a/, you never fails to amuse me.

Amagami *SS*

Spoiler for Amagami SchutzStaffel:
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 08:49   Link #1370
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Why did they use "SS" anyway?
Old 2010-10-28, 08:56   Link #1371
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Why did they use "SS" anyway?
I dunno, but I'm more surprised that it take this long for people to catch on.
Old 2010-10-28, 10:34   Link #1372
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
I dunno, but I'm more surprised that it take this long for people to catch on.
No, I remember hearing about the Nazi thing when it first started, it's nothing new.
Old 2010-10-28, 18:01   Link #1373
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
No, I remember hearing about the Nazi thing when it first started, it's nothing new.
Chevy uses it for their performance models, so it's not like that's the only major meaning of the term...
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 21:48   Link #1374
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Super Sporty .... yeah, that's it.
Old 2010-10-28, 22:19   Link #1375
GundamZZ
残念美人

Remember Sailor Moon SS had to change to Sailor Moon Super S. I heard they encountered some issue in Europe. In Japan, they still used Sailor Moon SS as the title.

Last time I heard, it was the grading system in Japanese schools. Something like C, B, A, S. S stood for super. SS meant better than S or something like that.
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 00:20   Link #1376
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Absent of anything else, the best I could think of for SS would be "Short Stories" (which would reflect the storytelling style), but I don't know if they've ever actually said what it stood for. In any case, it distinguishes it from the original game so that people know you're referring to the anime, and that was probably the main purpose.
Old 2010-10-29, 06:26   Link #1377
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

Most so-called 'harem' anime try to *integrate* the storylines - which often fails or annoys either because the writers weren't skillful enough or they chicken out and no choice is made. This is a safe way out of that minefield particularly in rough economic times when pissing off the hardcore fans can be financial death. Frankly, I'd rather see this format than some of the trainwrecks I've witnessed over the last few years but then it makes it less likely we'll see more of the really *excellent* integrated adaptations that we have gotten occasionally.
Actually, I think Amagami SS format is really good and original. It gives you short story which are nice to follow. You don't have too much drama which is not a bad thing. One thing that I particulary like with this format is that even if it's not their arc the other girl are here too and you learn a lot about her before their arc which is really interesting and entertaining

So I hope this format will be use more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Absent of anything else, the best I could think of for SS would be "Short Stories"
It would makes sense yes
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 10:16   Link #1378
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
Chevy uses it for their performance models, so it's not like that's the only major meaning of the term...
Yeah, Super Sport. I don't know why they offer anything below the SS...it's a crime not to get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Absent of anything else, the best I could think of for SS would be "Short Stories" (which would reflect the storytelling style), but I don't know if they've ever actually said what it stood for. In any case, it distinguishes it from the original game so that people know you're referring to the anime, and that was probably the main purpose.
That would make the most sense so I'm going with that.
Old 2010-10-29, 13:01   Link #1379
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
Oh /a/, you never fails to amuse me.

Amagami *SS*

Spoiler for Amagami SchutzStaffel:
Spoiler for More Amagami SchutzStaffel:
Old 2010-11-06, 04:50   Link #1380
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Looks like Miya's arc will no longer air at the end of the series, only Risa's. We'll have to wait until April 2011 for nishishishi.

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen