AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-11-27, 01:31   Link #5701
Knight_SV

we already have HGAC wing zero tv announced for march 2014 release. I think bandai will still release an MG for EW designs like what they did this year with tallgeese and proto zero
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 01:38   Link #5702
FalsePrime

I was meaning MG's. Given the All Gundam Project we could even see Zero EW in High Grade form. That said I still don't believe we will get any MG's.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 03:15   Link #5703
HDTQW

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
ROFL I totally mistook Heero Yuy for Ralph Kurt there. Derp.

Also, I just noticed that Heero is the only pilot whose "adult form" we've seen so far. Heh.

Thanks for the pics and links, gordol.
Sakura Asagi said that Ralph was based off of one of Heero's alternative character design.
(We've had a couple of characters that look like a grownup Heero so far.)
HDTQW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 03:35   Link #5704
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And here I thought that was because Heero's overall design is generic as fuck where male protagonists from then are concerned.
Old 2013-11-27, 09:45   Link #5705
blacksun128

Quote:
blacksun, you just gained an eternal friend.
LOL Anytime~

@gordol

Thanks for the album!!! Love that Cover~
blacksun128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 23:44   Link #5706
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
I'm pretty convinced now that Heero Pilot is the reincarnation of Heero Politician! He couldn't change the world through peace and talk so the next incarnation said "F' this! We're using guns and mechas this time!"

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 20:32   Link #5707
FalsePrime

God.

I really can't get over how much I love the art in Frozen Teardrop. The story may have disappointed in alot of regards, but I am thankful it exists just for all the amazing art.
Old 2013-12-01, 15:05   Link #5708
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

I wonder why politician!Heero is holding a yellow flower in his hand. Don't tell me he accidentally blew up a kid and her puppy, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
*snort* This chapter is golden. I'll skip the AC-150 part and just to the MC stuff. Updating in a bit...
I expect Heero/Duo shenanigans. I think gordol's summary said something about Heero being miffed that Duo is now taller than him and is carrying him around so easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTQW View Post
Sakura Asagi said that Ralph was based off of one of Heero's alternative character design.
(We've had a couple of characters that look like a grownup Heero so far.)
Oh? That's interesting. Though... feel free to call me dumb, but I don't see much of an alteration between the two.

Talk about lookalikes, say, wouldn't Duo without a braid be a brunette Quatre? A brunette Quatre who doesn't know what a comb looks like, perhaps.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 16:53   Link #5709
HDTQW

Quote:
Oh? That's interesting. Though... feel free to call me dumb, but I don't see much of an alteration between the two.
I once saw in scans of some old magazine that had alternate designs of the characters in it and there were next to no difference between them and the final designs. There were like 3 to 4 Heeros shown and they were pretty much identical, so yeah.
HDTQW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 18:05   Link #5710
Purdys99

So....wow. Just revisited this forum and caught up with a bit of skimming. I'm still lost as to what's going on and what the plot is anymore but really, I got lost after they introduced nanobots. I'm not even going to react b/c as of now its like beating a dead horse and probably won't be able to say anything new.:P

Thanks you Deacon Blues and Ikuzeminna for the translations and the summaries. Your posts are always so informative

Just so I'm clarified on a few things, so the Noventas are in on this now and they're the new antagonist? Zech's children are now teamed up with Trowa and Quatre clones now? Is Relena still a bad guy? Did the novels ever say what Relena and Dorothy were talking about?
Purdys99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 18:47   Link #5711
Purdys99

Okay, so I thought it would be nice to share this. I happen to find this piece HILARIOUS and thought it would give ALL OF US a much needed break of pulling out our hair while we try to comprehend the maze trap that is FT. As fair warning, this little comic strip does contain a bit of nudity but it is all very tame and quite frankly, its nothing we all haven't seen:P.

I'm sure all males will appreciate this one :P : http://purdys99.deviantart.com/art/D...List-417227445

Is it ironic how a mild smut themed comic strip is able to capture the characters way better than the entire FT series? @_@

Also, please don't ever ask where I found this comic strip. I have seen things I will never be able to unsee T_____T (shrinks to fetal positionand weeps)
Old 2013-12-01, 19:08   Link #5712
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTQW View Post
I once saw in scans of some old magazine that had alternate designs of the characters in it and there were next to no difference between them and the final designs. There were like 3 to 4 Heeros shown and they were pretty much identical, so yeah.
Ah, I see. I'm severely late to the party, so I never saw any GW material back when the fandom was at its height. By now most sites are obsolete, thus getting your hands on such scans is difficult. So thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdys99 View Post
Thank you Deacon Blues and Ikuzeminna for the translations and the summaries. Your posts are always so informative

Just so I'm clarified on a few things, so the Noventas are in on this now and they're the new antagonist? Zech's children are now teamed up with Trowa and Quatre clones now? Is Relena still a bad guy? Did the novels ever say what Relena and Dorothy were talking about?
No prob, though Deacon does way more than me.

And no, all the Noventas aren't bad. "Let's connect everyone to everyone" just struck here, making Stella Sylvia's niece.
Since Babel everybody has been on the same side. Zechs, his family, the other pilot clones and the old pilots, all one team.
As for Relena, from what I can tell she was never bad to begin with, so no, no Evilena. Perhaps Crazylena as she shot Heero right through the chest because... I dunno.
And the chapter I summarized did feature the conversation between Dorothy and Relena, I was just too lazy to write it down. Basically, it's the Peacecrafts and the total pacifism shmoo again; why Relena is helpless in her situation due to these ideals and how Relena doesn't want to (and can't, as she's a Peacecraft right now) achieve peace through murder, yet, Dorothy remarks, she gives Heero Yuy free reign in his actions.

Let's all ignore that her parents according to the gazillion of flashbacks we got weren't that big on pacifism to begin with. xD
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 02:54   Link #5713
Purdys99

Quote:
No prob, though Deacon does way more than me.

And no, all the Noventas aren't bad. "Let's connect everyone to everyone" just struck here, making Stella Sylvia's niece.
Since Babel everybody has been on the same side. Zechs, his family, the other pilot clones and the old pilots, all one team.
As for Relena, from what I can tell she was never bad to begin with, so no, no Evilena. Perhaps Crazylena as she shot Heero right through the chest because... I dunno.
And the chapter I summarized did feature the conversation between Dorothy and Relena, I was just too lazy to write it down. Basically, it's the Peacecrafts and the total pacifism shmoo again; why Relena is helpless in her situation due to these ideals and how Relena doesn't want to (and can't, as she's a Peacecraft right now) achieve peace through murder, yet, Dorothy remarks, she gives Heero Yuy free reign in his actions.

Let's all ignore that her parents according to the gazillion of flashbacks we got weren't that big on pacifism to begin with. xD
Arrrgh, why are they making Relena sound so stupid? Sumizawa just practically erased both hers and Heero's characters arcs from the entire series and has completely regressed them. Seriously. I would love to explore Relena's character after the events of EW, her coming to grips with the necessity of war while still trying to conduct diplomacy. That would be fascinating. I swear official GW writers are purposely preventing her from becoming an interesting character.

Though I am all for any scenes b/t Dorothy and Relena b/c I find them fascinating. From what you told me, I am completely on Team Dorothy right now for her calling out Relena's crap. Did Relena even have a response to Dorothy's dose of reason or did she just spout out more complete pacifist drivel?

Thanks again Ikuze Hope you'll look at the comic strip
Old 2013-12-02, 15:11   Link #5714
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdys99 View Post
Arrrgh, why are they making Relena sound so stupid? Sumizawa just practically erased both hers and Heero's characters arcs from the entire series and has completely regressed them. Seriously. I would love to explore Relena's character after the events of EW, her coming to grips with the necessity of war while still trying to conduct diplomacy. That would be fascinating. I swear official GW writers are purposely preventing her from becoming an interesting character.

Though I am all for any scenes b/t Dorothy and Relena b/c I find them fascinating. From what you told me, I am completely on Team Dorothy right now for her calling out Relena's crap. Did Relena even have a response to Dorothy's dose of reason or did she just spout out more complete pacifist drivel?

Thanks again Ikuze Hope you'll look at the comic strip
Don't blame the writers for this regression, blame Sumizawa. If you recall, by the end of Endless Waltz, Relena told Barton that she had given up being a Peacecraft and instead accepted being a Darlin. In ohter words, she seems to have totally given up on pacifism.

"I no longer consider myself a Peacecraft. What is needed now is not a principle or an assertion."- Relena Darlin, Endless Waltz

And that doujinshi page... WTF TROWA?!?!?! Mariemaia is like 9!!!

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 15:18   Link #5715
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
God.

I really can't get over how much I love the art in Frozen Teardrop. The story may have disappointed in alot of regards, but I am thankful it exists just for all the amazing art.
Well maybe after Seed Destiny HD finishes airing, maybe they're gonna go work on Glory of the Losers and Frozen Teardrop animated as a TV series or OVA series.
Old 2013-12-02, 19:33   Link #5716
A-Crux
Áλφα-Crux///Alpha-Crux

It's nice to have new information about Frozen Teardrop
Interesting. Thanks for the albums' links (FT and GoL) Gordol!

I'm trying to translate the cover where both Heero (gundam pilot and colony leader) are...
So the new arc will be something like "Serenade of the Spiral" ? (螺旋 の 小夜曲) I hope I'm not reading it wrong. and "Two People 'Heero Yui' Fate for each one starts to move" (二人の " ヒイロ·ユイ” それぞれの運命が動き出す)
I'm using google translator so I don't know if kanjis are ok, nor if the translation is accurate.

Anyway, I wonder if Hilde will treat Heero with nanomachines to make him recover? and I want to know what is gonna be Vingt's role in the MC era (is he the real one? a clone? Mariemaia's child? an AI?)
A-Crux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 21:38   Link #5717
gordol
Banned

Damn still 2 months until the BD box 2 releases, hopefully there are more FT pictures besides the ones shown
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 23:04   Link #5718
FalsePrime

It would be nice to get more FT Art with the Second Box Set, I have it paid off and am excited for it to arrive.

Outside of Madoka, Wing will be the only Anime I've taken the time to collect the only thing on Blu Ray.

As for Relena, I'm not so quick to throw Sumizawa under the bus on this one. Even during the series Relena and Milliardo know the power of the name, and it would make sense those behind the curtain on Mars would as well. As it was Relena was made President of Mars as a Figure head and not because it was what she wanted. It's very possible that she is Relena Peacecraft at this time because of choices outside of her own.

Remember this is something that Suzmizawa has used in the past. Daken always addressed Relena as a Peacecraft, including to Heero when he shows up in Zero. Having Relena being used for her name doesn't go against anything that has happened in Wing or EW. While we all owe Deacon a great deal, there are several elements that we haven't gotten given he has only been giving highlights for a while now. So again this could easily be something that Relena has had no choice in.

Last edited by FalsePrime; 2013-12-02 at 23:20.
Old 2013-12-04, 15:27   Link #5719
Halberd
ARX-6

I still hope that they'll end up showing the FT designs. I mean, the only one we've seen so far was the Prometheus, what if they're deliberately keeping them a secret and saving them for a possible ova, and that end up not happening?

Sure, we'll have a glimpse of Snow White on the picture drama, and even the Sieben Zwerge has been changed from the novel, but still... I want to see them — all of them — and without cloaks, for christ's sake.
Halberd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 17:12   Link #5720
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halberd View Post
I still hope that they'll end up showing the FT designs. I mean, the only one we've seen so far was the Prometheus, what if they're deliberately keeping them a secret and saving them for a possible ova, and that end up not happening?

Sure, we'll have a glimpse of Snow White on the picture drama, and even the Sieben Zwerge has been changed from the novel, but still... I want to see them — all of them — and without cloaks, for christ's sake.
They wouldn't be saving them just for an OVA. Even Unicorn wasn't held off to the OVA, and doing so on something like Frozen Teardrop could be total suicide if the new designs don't resonate well with people.

We will eventually see them, it just may take a bit more time. With the novel having terribad pacing issues, the suit reveals might as well have timing issues to go along with it.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing