AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-11, 12:11   Link #1
ginko51

Anime with humor similar to that of Trigun

Trigun is one of the few anime whose humor I really like. Other anime seem to overdo it but not Trigun. There is a perfect balance between the silliness (and not just any silliness but Trigun kinda silliness) and the more serious tone.

Last edited by ginko51; 2012-05-03 at 17:46.
Old 2008-08-11, 12:28   Link #2
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Slayers balances serious with silliness -- though leans on the silly side more than the serious.
Old 2008-08-11, 13:52   Link #3
jedinat

Yeah, Slayers... it's really all silly. I couldn't sit through more than a few episodes (mostly because it wasn't all that funny)

Rurouni Kenshin balances humor and more serious stuff. There's a similar vibe to that show. Yet it is more conventionally shounen with multi-episode spanning battles and named special moves, etc.. If you don't mind such you might take a look. (Kenshin and Vash are about equally endearing as main characters)
Old 2008-08-11, 15:01   Link #4
Amray

That would be Cowboy Bebop.
Old 2008-08-11, 22:17   Link #5
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Yeah, Slayers... it's really all silly. I couldn't sit through more than a few episodes (mostly because it wasn't all that funny)
Unfortunately some truth to be had here. Slayers is like a fine wine; it gets better with age. Each series is progressively better than the last. The first one had some particularly... sub-par humour. Also, the OVAs and movies with Naga are pretty crappy. The best are the Lina/Gourry adventures. But as the series go on they really do get a lot better, both in humour and in actual storyline.
Old 2008-08-12, 16:25   Link #6
GreatTeacherKen

How about the Irresponsible Captain Tylor? The 1st 4 episodes of Trigun are somewhat remniscent of this series. Is the main character really a genius or is he lucky, though unlike Trigun Captain Tylor never answers this question. The show generally leans more towards funny, but the show turns a more serious post episode 14. And I'd say the serious episodes are just as good, if not better than the funny ones. (Episode 23 is absolutely brilliant)

Plus, the cast of characters are really endearing.
Closed Thread