Furude Rika 68 16.00%
Sonozaki Shion 46 10.82%
Voters: 425. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-02, 10:47   Link #121
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai
I wonder why Mion turns out so masculine and Shion so feminine. Identical twins are super interesting.
Mion has a reputation to uphold.
Old 2006-10-02, 11:18   Link #122
yakuri-moe

Mion doesn't literally say "call me ojisan", but she's always refering to herself like that so it feels like she's asking for it XD
Old 2006-10-03, 10:53   Link #123
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

+1 for Shion
And don't fault her for going on a rampage. How would you feel if you thought your Yakuza family (who had all but excommunicated you) was responsible for the disappearance and possible murder of your beloved?
Exactly.

Spoiler for Meakashi-hen TIPS:
Old 2006-10-03, 12:43   Link #124
sagematt
Magician of Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy
And don't fault her for going on a rampage. How would you feel if you thought your Yakuza family (who had all but excommunicated you) was responsible for the disappearance and possible murder of your beloved?
No, I wouldn't go on a killing rampage.

Something that's been bothering me is that everyone is thinking that Shion has to be forgiven because she loved Satoshi and the Sonozaki messed up with him and his family big time. If the reason for forgiving her is that, then you guys are totally wrong. I would never forgive someone for going on a killing rampage because the guy she has a silly crush on probably got killed. That's... wrong.

Now, why is it that we forgive Shion's sin?
It's because she wasn't herself when she did all that horrible stuff. She was under the influence of something, and that something is what made her go batshit insane. It's the same something that caused K1 to murder Rena and Mion in Onikakushi, and the same something that had Rena almost blowing up the school and killing everyone on Tsumihoroboshi. They just weren't themselves, they went crazy and couldn't help it. That's why we should forgive them.

Quote:
Spoiler for Meakashi-hen TIPS:
Spoiler for Obligatory convention we should all agree on:
Old 2006-10-03, 14:02   Link #125
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Actually, that's what's I've always been saying. I guess I just put it wrong in that last post
The thing that ticks me off the most is that when Shion starts dragging people off to her butcher shop, she's evil. When Rena starts chopping people up, she gets moe points. FPB senses a double-standard
Old 2006-10-03, 14:36   Link #126
sagematt
Magician of Words

Quote:
The thing that ticks me off the most is that when Shion starts dragging people off to her butcher shop, she's evil. When Rena starts chopping people up, she gets moe points. FPB senses a double-standard
By my standards, there is no double-standard there. It's totally fair
Old 2006-10-03, 14:38   Link #127
MarthX

Quote:
Actually, that's what's I've always been saying. I guess I just put it wrong in that last post
Shion killed innocent people, Rena did not. She tried to at the end but never did.
Old 2006-10-03, 14:44   Link #128
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

That double standard annoys me too. Maybe we need to arrange a deadmatch between crazy Rena and berserk-mode Shion to settle the score.

Quote:
Shion killed innocent people, Rena did not.
Well, I doubt you think Rena would have hesitated to follow Shion's example had she gotten a chance to get close to those she thought were the masterminds behind the conspiracy. Moreover, taking innocent people as hostages is probably even more despicable than going on some misguided crusade because at least in Shion's case she thought the victims were guilty of something. So excuse me for thinking the crimes of Rena are excused by some fans because of her cuteness and moe-like behaviour and noth much else.

Last edited by Matrim; 2006-10-03 at 15:17.
Old 2006-10-03, 15:29   Link #129
DrakeNavarone
Fairy Tale Transparently

Send a message via AIM to DrakeNavarone
It's because Shion did all those things for a really stupid reason (revenge for some crush that probably didn't like her back?), while Rena was defending Hinamizawa from alien parasites... She was saving the world, man!! (okay, a little sarcasm there...)

But honestly, Shion's cheap. One shot with the stun gun, and she drags you back to her torture chamber where she does what she wants with you while you're being tied back. At least Rena gave her opponents a fighting chance...
Old 2006-10-03, 15:41   Link #130
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Well, I doubt you think Rena would have hesitated to follow Shion's example had she gotten a chance to get close to those she thought were the masterminds behind the conspiracy. Moreover, taking innocent people as hostages is probably even more despicable than going on some misguided crusade because at least in Shion's case she thought the victims were guilty of something. So excuse me for thinking the crimes of Rena are excused by some fans because of her cuteness and moe-like behaviour and noth much else.
What the hell had Satoko done to make her guilty, other than crying?
Old 2006-10-03, 15:53   Link #131
Matrim

Quote:
What the hell had Satoko done to make her guilty, other than crying?
It's not about what she had done, it's about what Shion thought she had done (being a burden on her brother and so on). It's not as if the rest of her victims were guiltier than Satoko, why single her out? I don't claim Shion was right to kill them, not at all. I just think Rena was just as ruthless, if not more.

Quote:
At least Rena gave her opponents a fighting chance...
I think Teppei's ghost might disagree with that.

Old 2006-10-03, 17:07   Link #132
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
It's not as if the rest of her victims were guiltier than Satoko, why single her out?
Well, Mion made Shion pull out her nails, Oryou looked like she was in charge of everthing, Kimiyoshi likewise, and Rika was going to inject her...
Old 2006-10-03, 17:16   Link #133
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrunch
Well, Mion made Shion pull out her nails, Oryou looked like she was in charge of everthing, Kimiyoshi likewise, and Rika was going to inject her...
She already planned to kill Rika before she did anything.
Old 2006-10-03, 17:24   Link #134
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX
Meh, but Rika isn't as innocent...
Old 2006-10-03, 17:32   Link #135
Matrim

In Shion's crazy mind being a burden on Satoshi was probably just as bad or even worse offence than what the rest did, so I don't really see your point. Objectively none of the victims seemed to be guilty, and subjectively to Shion they were all guilty, so I just don't think we have to single out Satoko, except for the way she died compared with the rest.

Old 2006-10-03, 19:04   Link #136
BakaOnna

The thing with Shion is, her problem wasn't developed as much as Rena's problem, even though Meakashi hen was 6 episodes. It just seemed really... awkward Shion sees Satoshi, he pets her on the head and disappears, then Shion believes everyone tried to seperate them, and goes off on her killing spree. And he said, what, 2 lines to her in total and he even confused her with Mion the whole time until the end.

It's like, um, you met this guy for 2 secs and you barely talked to him. Then you suddenly start killing everyone because you think your family killed him?

And besides, we're already told that Rena had psychological problems since Onikakushi hen. Shion's was just, wham, I'm gonna kill you now because you killed someone I fell in love with after saying 2 lines to him.

I'm sure it was more developed in the actual game, but based on what happened and how her situation was rather rushed in the anime, that's what I feel towards her.
Old 2006-10-03, 20:05   Link #137
MrZombie

I have to agree. My friend and I simply did not get Shion's motivation at all. Her she is, here she meets Satoshi, here he says a few lines to here, here he disappears and finally she snaps and kills everyone because of it.

I simply can't see her reasoning for this and don't give me the "she's insane" excuse. Once she kills Sakoto she shows that she didn't do it for Satoshi.
Old 2006-10-03, 20:20   Link #138
Keiichi no Hibi
THIS. IS WHO I AM.

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi no Hibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX
Did she? From what I got out of it, she told Rika about Keiichi and like, expected Rika to off Keiichi or something crazy like that. I dunno I'll have to rewatch it.

If we're talking the actual scene where she killed Rika, though, from what I got, Rika showed up out of nowhere as far as Shion was concerned, and it did seem like Shion really was just going to get Rika the soy sauce before Rika instigated the fight.

Looking at that, even if she planned to kill Rika later on, in that instance it started out as self denfense on Shion's part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna
It's like, um, you met this guy for 2 secs and you barely talked to him. Then you suddenly start killing everyone because you think your family killed him?
Well it WAS more than two seconds. Sure she got a crush on him right when they met, but then she called him, she helped him out with the bear, and yeah. Not much more though I suppose

Spoiler for Keiichi and Shion comparison type thingamajig?:

But anyway, yeah Rena had psycological problems before with her "I was cursed by Oyashiro-sama" bit and her parent's divorce. What about Shion? From what I can see, the majority of her family hates/really dislikes her, she got shipped off to a place she obvious hated being in, got seperated from his sister and they were obviously close before she got shipped off to that school, if their conversation when reunitied on the phone was any hint; and well, all of that stuff.

Under a spoiler for length
Spoiler:

So... yeah. There's my two cents
Old 2006-10-03, 21:17   Link #139
MrZombie

It's not so much that she's not allowed to have a crush on someone she just met. She goes from having a crush on him to full on obsession in 2.5 seconds.

Once again her logic falls apart. She likes Satsoshi and when she hears that it's because of his sister that he's falling apart, she decides it's a good idea to beat the hell out of his sister to teach her a lesson. I wonder why I can't believe this was a good idea?
Old 2006-10-03, 21:24   Link #140
Chibi_Faerie
Challenging fate head on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi no Hibi

Spoiler for Keiichi and Shion comparison type thingamajig?:
I've been thinking on one part of something you mentioned in there that made me wonder.

Spoiler:

Thinking of it like that sorta bumps Mion up on my list a little.

And yeah I know that lacked major grammer and spelling but I'm too miffed and lazy to bother with that sort of thing at the moment. Sue me :P I'll pay you in chocolate chip cookies *nods*
Closed Thread