Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-23, 18:47   Link #1101
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Yamazaki could never have had her, even if she confessed to him.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-23, 18:56   Link #1102
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
yea nanako did confess to him but the way he blew her off was too cruel to both sides >.< man that punch mush have hurt more on the inside than outside...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 18:58   Link #1103
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
yea nanako did confess to him but the way he blew her off was too cruel to both sides >.< man that punch mush have hurt more on the inside than outside...
A hell of a lot of drama was added to that scene to easily make you feel for both sides. With the manga being all so sick & twisted.. you know already who you'll be behind when something is happening - there's an easy difference between the two.
Old 2006-11-23, 18:59   Link #1104
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Psychology, in my opinion, is a much more important field of study because it is highly practical, than say, philosophy - and many other fields as well. It puts to use the symbolic logic found in philosophy but admixes it with a scientific nature to create, IMO, a highly inimitable science. I can't exactly point a finger on what theory it was, but there exists a theory which states that one pushes away (even people that one likes) if he either cannot give that person what she desires, or if he possesses a secret that is averse to that said person.

This is done by Yamazaki in the hopes of pushing her away. While pushing her away, he reveals to her his secret in his love for 2D figures, and to make it worse, although she did confess that she liked him, he said that he had to go away - but to mask that reason he used pejorative and derogatory words. Although one may look at it with Yamazaki being the evil guy, it's just a defense mechanism of his, because he doesn't want to hurt her any further. It's not just painful for her, it's also painful for him - but I guess it will anneal their personalities to become stronger.

With that, there are only four more episodes to go. Let us hope GONZO does not short-change us. This is a wonderful show, and it should end coruscating with brilliance.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 19:03   Link #1105
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Trust physics to nail it on the head. :3

Well, as i mentioned a while back, Kashiwa-senpai appears in the preview for the next episode... she's looking pretty shocked if i might add.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-24, 01:11   Link #1106
tritoch

Sheesh.. Chap 32.. in 4 episodes? Noooo.. I want my Misaki ending! yarrrrrrrrr
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 06:36   Link #1107
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch View Post
Sheesh.. Chap 32.. in 4 episodes? Noooo.. I want my Misaki ending! yarrrrrrrrr
When i mentioned chapter 32 - you must understand that i didn't mean the whole god damn chapter, just that sort of 'full' feeling you receive from reading it. Its a genius piece of work i'd love to see carried over to the anime.
Old 2006-11-26, 05:26   Link #1108
maboroshi
Akachan ningen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
*cheers for maboroshi* Goodluck~ Whatever you do, do not go with your senpai to an unknown island!
Believe it or not, one of the people I went to high school with is doing multi-level marketing for a living. One high school friend complained to me that she invited her to lunch then did the hard-sell.Luckily, she never called me up because I never got along with her anyway and would have bit her head off...

I think I should change my name to Satou...no psychotic senpais, otaku kohais or maguro lunch-making rich gf hanging around me though...I'm more like Kobayashi's brother (I cook my own meals though)...
maboroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 16:44   Link #1109
Theowne
耳をすませば

Seeing Torotoro in the last few episodes kind of makes you remember that Satou is supposed to be a hikki. Except he goes on public transportation, doesn't get nervous when in a room full of strangers (at the scheme house during the presentations) has lunch made by friends, works on his game, and so on.....compared to Torotoro Satou seems to blend quite well into the other "normal" people. I mean can Satou even be called a real hikkikomori anymore?

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 00:14   Link #1110
maboroshi
Akachan ningen

Well, according to the people at 2-chan, you're not a real hikki unless you can't leave your room at all and pee into PET bottles.
maboroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 02:05   Link #1111
therethere

Quote:
Originally Posted by maboroshi View Post
Well, according to the people at 2-chan, you're not a real hikki unless you can't leave your room at all and pee into PET bottles.
errr...how do they do number 2 then?
therethere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 05:47   Link #1112
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
well. since Satou's parents are away, he would seclude himself into suicide in a few days if he didn't get out of the room. I think non-suicidal hikkies still have some survival instinct.

I wish all secluded people (me included) would have the likes of yamazaki and misaki around. although I'd probably have fights w/both of them and drive them away at some pont. also I have some (not complete) tendency to make friends and then avoid them for no good reason. another relationship-killer XD Satou is obviously miserable, but still pretty lucky for some people he has in his life.

as for episode 21... pretty much a slice-of-life episode for me, but still played out well... probably good after some episodes filled with events.
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 05:59   Link #1113
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

^I concur, especially having the likes of Misaki around
Old 2006-11-28, 10:34   Link #1114
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 21 is heart breaking, though - with that episode, they've yet again captured the feeling that makes the manga so great. Classic NHK right there. Now.. to talk about the ending of the episode and the preview for episode 22.

Even without the preview for episode 21, it was easy to tell that Kashiwa was going to appear at the end of the episode in the streets. They've done well to show that Satou is still a Hikikomori.. i believe thats something that to be done. The last few episodes didn't show that side of him & was losing the shows true nature. The preview for episode 22 doesn't really tell you much apart from the fact that Kashiwa & Satou are going to spend sometime together. The ring is shown on her finger which shall lead to the marriage. They've got a lot of material from the manga they could use for the next episode - i can't wait to see what they'll do.
Old 2006-11-28, 12:45   Link #1115
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
owh yamazaki!
Spoiler for ep21:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 15:52   Link #1116
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Holy crap episode 19 is a Yashigani. They must have licensed it out to some crap Korean company or something. I thought at first it was my computers settings or something until I realized the opening was the same as always. Here's the original Yashigani for those who are interested and you can compare it with this episode, they're pretty close in terms of quality. Wow!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Universe#Yashigani

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzBp-zBaCAs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl_QKlAFslk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Gw_...elated&search=
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 16:47   Link #1117
playskin

Spoiler for episode 20:
playskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 17:22   Link #1118
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playskin View Post
Spoiler for episode 20:
You could say Yamazaki's bumped up attitude was to do with the alcohol.. thats all.
Old 2006-11-28, 17:33   Link #1119
EragonJeriel
heh

At ep 11, dont get wat this anime is on about... That guy is one mental problem
EragonJeriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 18:22   Link #1120
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

ep20 was just as beautiful as I expected it to be ... and I'm still guessing how this show will end.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gonzo, psychological