AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-02-18, 08:34   Link #40421
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

May I release a cross-over bunny? Feel free to break out the hunting rifles, just in case.
Old 2013-02-18, 08:45   Link #40422
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Minigun, deployed.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 08:50   Link #40423
Eratas123

@ Demi - Yeah, but Raziel's also an awesome PC Spectral sword FTW.

@ Senpai - What's the problem?
Old 2013-02-18, 08:55   Link #40424
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well the body horror isn't so bad. It's actually kind of squeaky clean. Never played Soul Reaver so... sorry.
Old 2013-02-18, 09:20   Link #40425
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Bunny away

Spoiler for Bunny:
Old 2013-02-18, 09:20   Link #40426
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Less serious than it should be, actually,

The general consensus between character is depending on how sentient the AI in question, some that are humanlike, Setsura for example, are treated as companion/servant, while Oracle, omnipotent as it is, still treated as tool.

@ Stratos
Good enough. The generations system reminded me of Cosmic Break than canon version (no model is ever rendered obsolette)

Hmm... due to SAO-like simulacra that appear in chapter 12, a shoutout will be inevitable... assuming I ever continue...
Old 2013-02-18, 09:31   Link #40427
agetreme
Just another Idiot

I will adjust the male OCs in my story.

Cyril's wimpy side is shown by having a lot of monologue (things to say) but when people ask him to speak out his mind, he wuss out.

Yea.... Not being manly is kind of the whole point.

===

All male IS pilots have a reason why they can pilot IS regardless of how absurd the reason is:

Joan can pilot IS.....
My reasoning: "because he looked like a girl enough to get the IS confused."

Technical Excuse: Joan is actually a walking techno-bane that cause machine to go into error status. Further pseudo-science explanation is that his techno-bane status has something to do with his Bio-electricity (which I will deliberately not explain because Cyril is not an expert on this kind of field).

===

Edelweiss altering to Adel Schwartz:
Adel can pilot IS because he made his own IS core and basically kick everybody's figurative balls while at it. He is a martial artist who can understand blackboxes (such as IS and Vantier) and build IS core within 7 days.
Sure, fake IS cores has limitations but it still function as normal IS. Oh, and he is apparently a prince and have a Harem that is better than Ichika's Harem because his Harems are technically his royal guards.
Serving as Ichika's foil, he is technically one of the antagonists in my story....but put him in another story... he is an hero who is a cross between Chuck Norris, MacGyver and Einstein.

He is just following his heart and do the right thing without thinking through. His fortune and talent is the result of good karma from his idea of "being himself and following his heart".

====

A new Male IS pilot who cross-dress as a girl , like act like one (or rather stereotypical portray of girl) but is actually guy.
That is until he activate his IS and transform into a real girl (reusing glitch IS core concept). Currently his nationality is set at Chinese... (Excuse is: apparently China dislike Japan enough to take a risk and make their own male IS pilot via glitching IS core...).
Old 2013-02-18, 09:40   Link #40428
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Less serious than it should be, actually,

The general consensus between character is depending on how sentient the AI in question, some that are humanlike, Setsura for example, are treated as companion/servant, while Oracle, omnipotent as it is, still treated as tool.

@ Stratos
Good enough. The generations system reminded me of Cosmic Break than canon version (no model is ever rendered obsolette)

Hmm... due to SAO-like simulacra that appear in chapter 12, a shoutout will be inevitable... assuming I ever continue...
Undoubtedly, it would potentially turn into a portal for various Male OCs with IS. That is if I ever get around the idea or even bothered to start the crossover.

Then there's also naming issues, surely the Reps wouldn't want to use their real names in a game.
Old 2013-02-18, 09:54   Link #40429
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Has anyone ever seriously explored the small what if? What if... The IS weren't limited to the 467 from the start? What if Tabane just kept making them?
Old 2013-02-18, 09:55   Link #40430
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

^That bunny I released is just one of the ways I'm portraying that scenario.
Old 2013-02-18, 10:05   Link #40431
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I always have that scenario, but unleashing the bunny... never found the good timing.

1. 46.700 core (no kidding) in a futile war against BETA. They literally overcrowded the Low Earth orbit constantly shooting at stuff that try to come to earth, constructing starship powered by 100 cores and firing wave motion gun etc. Basically the story is endless war that, while human will curbstomp constantly with no exception, is literally endless.

2. 468 Old core & ~550 imitation vs 4000+ golems. Tabane went batshit insane and challenge the world... just because peace is boring. When freaking PT submit themselves to world government, you knew it's screwed.
Old 2013-02-18, 10:18   Link #40432
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Metal gear makes me imagine... Women with Tabane just making cores and the women themselves just salvaging the "failed" projects. One lady decides to wage feminist war and half the female population join her crusade. Those the disprove aren't exactly willing to piut on power armor and pick up a weapon like their more vehement counterparts.

The men would be driven underground. Making use of conventional sciences and pushing them to their limits, the create cyborg technology carbon nanotube fiber musculature, HF blades, EM charged gauss small arms, DNA based architecture for compiuters in data storage and processing, etc.
Old 2013-02-18, 10:28   Link #40433
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

*raises both hand*

Bunny unsold, but I'm not raising trusty ol' firearm so up to you.

(Hypocritical as I am, not interested with total gender disparity much less total gender war.)
Old 2013-02-18, 10:30   Link #40434
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It seems to bounce around a lot in the thread though :/
Old 2013-02-18, 10:37   Link #40435
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's quite popular of an idea, multiple manga has that as basis. I refer this as creator making fun of themselves.

Because in reality, especially old Japan, women are oppressed, that is. This is why male oppression is considered hilarious in Japan media, and for japanese, tragedy reversal equals comedy, values dissonance ahoy.
Old 2013-02-18, 10:54   Link #40436
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Too much splurging in my head from thinking about the Infinity Online bunny...

Spoiler for CC cast:

This list is pretty short with only four OCs(Though I plan to have more), one of them being the Luke guy from one of Athena's reviews, suddenly I have a use for that guy.
Spoiler for OC cast:

Spoiler for Other notes:

*hides*
Old 2013-02-18, 12:39   Link #40437
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Too much splurging in my head from thinking about the Infinity Online bunny...

Spoiler for CC cast:

This list is pretty short with only four OCs(Though I plan to have more), one of them being the Luke guy from one of Athena's reviews, suddenly I have a use for that guy.
Spoiler for OC cast:

Spoiler for Other notes:

*hides*
At least you did make Luke a bad guy....
Old 2013-02-18, 14:20   Link #40438
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

輝 - Kagami (Radiance)

Is a weapon system developed by Tenjouin Corporation nine years ago, although lost to Yukihira due to system imperfection. However, the actual origin is a lot more vague, and it was said that the rapier predate the I.S. themselves.

In reality, Kagami is made from recreating a relic weapon, simply dubbed Kira. Kira, despite being a mostly conventional weapon, is more than capable of piercing very basic, low grade energy barrier.

It was then found that the double-helical solenoid construction of the intricate ferromagnetic metal, is capable of disrupting the barrier integrity. Kagami's attempt to recreate such feat at larger scale failed, however, the second attempt came into fruition after years of painstaking test and research. The second sword is personally wielded by Saki Tenjouin herself, who handled the project personally.
Old 2013-02-18, 20:07   Link #40439
demino_hellsin
That one guy

...pilot and genius engineer in one?

EDIT:
Does it sound too pacifistic to say: "Power begets power. Strength begets strength. That's why I chose to end the cycle by lacking it."

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-02-18 at 21:37.
Old 2013-02-18, 23:35   Link #40440
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nope. Saki look and act like typical spoiled and haughty conglomerate's daughter, imagine Cecilia on crack, then some. And yeah, usually other character's first impression is either "Funny" or "Bitch" or combination thereof.

However, knowing her a little better, she had depth insight and golden heart, is more than ready to help a stranger in need and not above putting effort in achieving what she want. And when she really act like a bitch, karma drop the hammer more often than not.

When the project almost mothballed, she use her own purse (=her corporation stock that is) to take over, result in very minimum funding, with only loyal worker and modest facility on her side. The weapon finally finished one year prior to the story start.

Oh, and it's a plot point for her not having a personal I.S., despite being AT LEAST Charlotte level in skill.
--------------

That sounds quite naive and very optimistic view of pacifism.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-02-18 at 23:53.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest