AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-04, 12:20   Link #441
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
If that's the case he sure isn't making his case easier. To be honest after the time skip the series has been shit (and despite theories, is there any evidence it's due to directions from the magazine?), no sugar coating it. And instead of riding on the anime for popularity, I can expect a dropping fan base. Hardly foundation to open new negotiations.
The lasts chapters were all very shounen. Don’t forget that there are plenty people who like shounen like dragon ball, naruto and bleach. I think that those mangas are even more popular since there is always anime version of them ( and video games). Claymore anime had only 26 episodes until now. So it is more easy to yagi to get more popularity by changing the rules from seinen to shounen
rafael1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 12:35   Link #442
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
The lasts chapters were all very shounen. Don’t forget that there are plenty people who like shounen like dragon ball, naruto and bleach. I think that those mangas are even more popular since there is always anime version of them ( and video games). Claymore anime had only 26 episodes until now. So it is more easy to yagi to get more popularity by changing the rules from seinen to shounen
Claymore was always a shounen series. It's published in a Shounen magazine. It was never "seinen", though there's god know how many series who are Shounen despite having content will above that genre, it does make me question why and how the hell they got in those magazines.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 14:59   Link #443
Valky
Radioactive

Yeah, Claymore is shounen. Kinda surprising though considering all the gore and it's other content. Well, borderline Shounen almost Seinen, probably.
Old 2012-05-04, 15:13   Link #444
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Yeah, Claymore is shounen. Kinda surprising though considering all the gore and it's other content. Well, borderline Shounen almost Seinen, probably.
Meh not really, if something contains child protitution, attempted child rape with the child in question killing the offender and drug cartels dealing with selling stimulants to children, and is still considered shounen I'd say Claymore is pretty tame in comparison.

How the freck the manga's in question remain shounen god knows.
Old 2012-05-04, 15:36   Link #445
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Meh not really, if something contains child protitution, attempted child rape with the child in question killing the offender and drug cartels dealing with selling stimulants to children, and is still considered shounen I'd say Claymore is pretty tame in comparison.

How the freck the manga's in question remain shounen god knows.
Really? Eating humans, chopping off humans and monsters alike to pieces are still quite above other normal shounen in my book. What kind of shounen do you read exactly?
Old 2012-05-04, 16:30   Link #446
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Really? Eating humans, chopping off humans and monsters alike to pieces are still quite above other normal shounen in my book. What kind of shounen do you read exactly?
Well, shounen is a wide demographics. It contains a 11 years boys as well as 19 years high school / college students. Compare Berserk (seinen), Claymore (older shounen) and Fairy Tail (young shounen), or compare Bitter Virgin (seinen), Good Ending (older shounen) and Ichigo 100% (young shounen). Both in Berserk and Claymore there is rape, including child rape. In Berserk it's directly shown, while in Claymore it's just indirectly mentioned. In Berserk, Claymore and Fairy Tail people are dying. In Berserk anyone could die, and it's shown in graphic, usually gruesome way, in Claymore people are dying, but with few exceptions (Teresa and Jean) only secondary characters die, and in a way less graphic way than in Berserk. In Fairy Tail only bad people die and usually off screen. Another difference between shounen and seinen. In shounen manga heroes wins if they're determined and eager to cooperation. In Fairy Tail price for victory (and "determination level") is usually a few bruises, in Claymore to win heroes has to sacrifice something, In Berserk heroes determination and sacrifice means nothing when enemies are stronger. Guts cuts his own arm to save Caska but failed, for example.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 17:00   Link #447
Valky
Radioactive

Well, Shounen by definition is more like from elementary grade to under 15 years of age. Seinen on the other hand is more like 18 years or more. Indeed everyone could read Shounen/Seinen story, but my point is Seinen's more intended for 18 years of age and more while Shounen usually have more "light" and "simple" story line, take example One Piece, it's story line is simple so children (it's intended reader) also could follow it.

Why manga considered seinen is usually because it contains a lot of sexual/gore/violent content in it. Well, some other mangas are seinen because of it's story complexity and it's sense of realism in it (take example of Naoki Urasawa's works, while it doesn't have much sexual/gore/violent content in it, it's still seinen).

From the gore, I still think Claymore is above other shounen manga.
Old 2012-05-04, 17:13   Link #448
Inarius
★★★★★

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...quare-magazine

so many childhoods came crashing down ;]]

>2012
>Claymore ended
>Raki never got some claymore pu*sy
>I am disappoint

Claymore Shippuuden go go
Old 2012-05-04, 17:16   Link #449
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Claymore Accouchement!
Old 2012-05-04, 17:31   Link #450
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inarius View Post

>2012
>Claymore ended
>I am disappoint

Using any word that is Naruto or Bleach or One Piece or any crappy shonen series related is an insult to Claymore.
Old 2012-05-04, 17:39   Link #451
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Dude it had like the most stupidest ending then.
No i take that back.... Kagami had the stupidest ending.

So claire died?
WTF and who were we following for 2/3rds of the story?

Raki never meets claire again?
So he was just the harbringer / container of the worst possible evil known on the entire universe?

meh.... kinda disappointed.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 18:23   Link #452
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Using any word that is Naruto or Bleach or One Piece or any crappy shonen series related is an insult to Claymore.
Oh? Would you perchance prefer Claymore Capu2?

Anyway. If we get a sequel to Claymore (hopefully we will), I think that it would be terribly cliche if they named it by just adding a word or letter after "Claymore". Maybe the sequel could be called "Falcon Sword".
Old 2012-05-04, 18:32   Link #453
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Hey I take offence to that, sure Naruto and are typically kinda crappy, but considering how retardedly overpowered Priscilla became, a lot of general randomness in the second part of the manga to the point where it ruined the story and this supposed ending (not yet completely confirmed) I wouldn't say it was an insult to compare it to One piece.

Oda at least seemingly thought more about the overall story in detail than Yagi seemingly did.

Really this ending even if it ended at this point in time would have been perfectly fine had he skipped this entire arc and simply dealt with Claire and Priscilla.
Old 2012-05-04, 19:59   Link #454
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Hey I take offence to that, sure Naruto and are typically kinda crappy, but considering how retardedly overpowered Priscilla became, a lot of general randomness in the second part of the manga to the point where it ruined the story and this supposed ending (not yet completely confirmed) I wouldn't say it was an insult to compare it to One piece.

Oda at least seemingly thought more about the overall story in detail than Yagi seemingly did.

Really this ending even if it ended at this point in time would have been perfectly fine had he skipped this entire arc and simply dealt with Claire and Priscilla.
Not that I want to butt into other people's taste, but I am with DragoZero. Claymore did start with a weak plotwise where a powerless guy bumped into a super duper girl with a giant sword slaying monsters (yeah, and the process of main protagonist acquiring new power/abilities are the same as any other Shounen series), but still Claymore itself has been offering quite a strong Seinen atmosphere with its intense violence and tragic story where someone seeks revenge whatsoever (feel free to correct me, but Seinen's what comes to my mind when speaking of Claymore).

Can't really say about Bleach since I haven't watched/read yet, but unlike Claymore, Naruto and One Piece where one heck of crappy series packed with tons of fillers with no end, and I think anyone could better compare Shounen series to Berserk Guts getting infinite power ups with runes and armor. I don't know... they did start off with a nice plot and action and it's not like I am against Berserk fans, but all the smooth talks and weak-bond relationships that was neither friends nor partnership just turned me down after Guts joined with the witch. Not to mention the series did begin with a heavy/dark atmosphere with gore and women being raped by the monsters (creepy if you ask me). Anyways, back with Claymore, I do agree that Yagi kinda messed up the story in the midways with randomness ruining the main objective he originally had planned of as though he lacked plot materials and only offered us some stupid arcs regarding the 3 no.1s' resurrection and Clare being trapped inside the blob. Though all these shounenish events, I don't think the series itself deserved to be compared with Naruto or One Piece. I mean, some part of the story did disappoint us in overall enjoyment due to the ambience and feeling overlapping with other Shounen series, but hey, the entire series wasn't that of a complete fiasco to begin with... the plot and character development just happened to be kind of inconsistent in the middle of the series and gave us an unclear ending.

Anyways, I think there's no point comparing your favorite series whether their of your likes or not. We're just worked up having to see Claymore just end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
Oh? Would you perchance prefer Claymore Capu2?

Anyway. If we get a sequel to Claymore (hopefully we will), I think that it would be terribly cliche if they named it by just adding a word or letter after "Claymore". Maybe the sequel could be called "Falcon Sword".
Nah, I rather call it "Broadsword"

Oh BTW, it's to late for translation, right? Don't know if MangaHelpers has the eng version out or even summaries.
Old 2012-05-04, 20:51   Link #455
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
thanks for wasting 7 years of my life Yagi.
A waste? Hardly. The story was fun to follow and there are a lot of people who formed a community around it. Despite the tendencies of us to be at each others throats, in the end I think it was a good seven years. It's not like it was the only thing I was doing during that time.

And the ending does suck. Abrupt endings are the worst. Still, most of the plot is done, and even if Yagi never revisits Claymore you can pretty much tell where the rest of the plot threads well go. It just won't be with Yagi's art and Deneve's narration.

So like the anime, keep fingers crossed for a return and move on to other things, I guess.

*bang*
Old 2012-05-04, 21:03   Link #456
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Yagi really didn't leave a lot loose besides Clare... who happened to be our main character. I think the behind the scenes drama just happened when he was starting this arc and he had to make due, which I think he did.

BONES anime conclusion anyone?
Old 2012-05-04, 21:16   Link #457
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

how about Shaft

Helen: i am Platinum Mad
Deneve: I will attack with 2 swords, said in a cool pose.
Old 2012-05-04, 21:56   Link #458
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
Not that I want to butt into other people's taste, but I am with DragoZero. Claymore did start with a weak plotwise where a powerless guy bumped into a super duper girl with a giant sword slaying monsters (yeah, and the process of main protagonist acquiring new power/abilities are the same as any other Shounen series), but still Claymore itself has been offering quite a strong Seinen atmosphere with its intense violence and tragic story where someone seeks revenge whatsoever (feel free to correct me, but Seinen's what comes to my mind when speaking of Claymore).

Can't really say about Bleach since I haven't watched/read yet, but unlike Claymore, Naruto and One Piece where one heck of crappy series packed with tons of fillers with no end, and I think anyone could better compare Shounen series to Berserk Guts getting infinite power ups with runes and armor. I don't know... they did start off with a nice plot and action and it's not like I am against Berserk fans, but all the smooth talks and weak-bond relationships that was neither friends nor partnership just turned me down after Guts joined with the witch. Not to mention the series did begin with a heavy/dark atmosphere with gore and women being raped by the monsters (creepy if you ask me). Anyways, back with Claymore, I do agree that Yagi kinda messed up the story in the midways with randomness ruining the main objective he originally had planned of as though he lacked plot materials and only offered us some stupid arcs regarding the 3 no.1s' resurrection and Clare being trapped inside the blob. Though all these shounenish events, I don't think the series itself deserved to be compared with Naruto or One Piece. I mean, some part of the story did disappoint us in overall enjoyment due to the ambience and feeling overlapping with other Shounen series, but hey, the entire series wasn't that of a complete fiasco to begin with... the plot and character development just happened to be kind of inconsistent in the middle of the series and gave us an unclear ending.

Anyways, I think there's no point comparing your favorite series whether their of your likes or not. We're just worked up having to see Claymore just end.

Nah, I rather call it "Broadsword"

Oh BTW, it's to late for translation, right? Don't know if MangaHelpers has the eng version out or even summaries.
One piece and fillers, how much of One Piece did you actually read/watch. Considering how long the series is it has ridiculously, low. The point of the series is adventure in it's most purest form, and considering even then there's litterally hundreds of allusions, hints, gags foreshadowing, ranging from major to minor that span even a decade before they completed, revealed etc, it means ODA has planned his manga to ridiculous degree, far, far more than Yagi ever did especially consider his manga comes out monthly whereas One Piece is weekly.

Have whatever opinion you have on the quality, but there's comparitively very few better planned and practically none better planned that comes out on a weekly basis. It wasn't remotely dragged out purposefully.

Berserk was pretty awesome for the first few arcs but I'll admit the author is dragging it out. Claymore is very good before the time skip but In my opinion it was always lacking a real plot outside Priscilla must die post teresa flashback and their wasn't really a moral to the story as maybe revenge at the cost of self is bad. It was most good atmosphere, characters and fighting. To me I personally judge a story by what I get out of it and while characters and atmosphere's are nice I prefer a moral, a purpose, an underlining ideal of the authors that drives the story forward.
Old 2012-05-06, 13:00   Link #459
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inarius View Post

>2012
>Claymore ended
>I am disappoint

As ridiculous as it sounds... I think there's a reasonable chance for that to happen.

While I do agree that Claymore did end abruptly, it would all make sense if we take it from a different viewpoint.

Claymore was a story centered on a single island. The point of the series was to uncover the secrets behind this strange land and (as we eventually found out) to change it for the good.

With the Claymore rebellion and the Rimuto's subsequent death, the age of the Organization's rule came to an end. The island was liberated and so did the Claymores. A new chapter has begun for the residents of the island with new struggles and mysteries. There are a number of conflicts that need to be resolved. Claire's situation. Priscilla. The endless war on the faraway continent. A way to handle the infection called Youma...

The story called Claymore has come to an end. But there's a new story, a new adventure on the rise.
So if we suppose that Yagi took this professionally then there's a hint for a sequel. A new series with a new conflict in this changed world.
Perhaps, Clare was kept away with a reason.
Perhaps we have to wait her awakening until this "new series".
The first chapter in Clare's life was called "Claymore". What will be her next chapter?

Perhaps, maybe this is all just a wishful thinking. Japanese mangas aren't that famous about their conclusions. And if Angel Denetsu is any indicator then Yagi is rather prone to open/loose endings that leave much to be desired for.

Yet there's still hope. Out of darkness comes the light. An apparently "bad" ending can be easily turned into a hook for a sequel.

The only question is whether Yagi is willing to work with the setting of Claymore again. Some mangakas get bored with their creation after writing it for long years and carving for something fresh and new. Other times the author falls in love with the atmosphere and wish to polish and perfect it as much as possible. Whichever is true I am sure we would eventually find that out.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 19:15   Link #460
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
A waste? Hardly. The story was fun to follow and there are a lot of people who formed a community around it. Despite the tendencies of us to be at each others throats, in the end I think it was a good seven years. It's not like it was the only thing I was doing during that time.

And the ending does suck. Abrupt endings are the worst. Still, most of the plot is done, and even if Yagi never revisits Claymore you can pretty much tell where the rest of the plot threads well go. It just won't be with Yagi's art and Deneve's narration.

So like the anime, keep fingers crossed for a return and move on to other things, I guess.

*bang*
i would say it was a good 4 or 5 years. then it went down the toilet.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote