AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 29 22.66%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 38.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 22.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.72%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.78%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-18, 05:02   Link #81
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

At the beginning Mio and Yui with those fingers...yes! I knew inch by inch this will catch up to the manga stroyline.

Advise for the girls ep.3...well...don't eat too much girls, remember your weight.
Old 2009-04-18, 10:48   Link #82
5cm.per.second
SunnyEnvironmentGoneWrong

Where I was initially only interested in this show because I heard Kyoto Animation was going to put out a show of some high school girls who start a band, it was with this episode that swayed me into liking this premise and these characters. Now I will always be tempted to dive.and.roll into a room for entrance with impact.
Old 2009-04-18, 11:31   Link #83
masumi
真澄

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedicardi View Post
Yui's hands hurt because when you hold down the strings on the neck, they grind up against your fingers and can really burn them up. Mio presented her right hand because that is the one that she uses to hold the neck and thus the hand that has the fingers which grind against the strings (the left plucking at the strings, FAR more painful!).

Here, I'll take a picture to show you the difference.

Spoiler for My bass fingers:

I hope that explains it.
Arigatou. That makes sense; I just didn't remember Mio using a pick before, but I did remember seeing Mio using her fingers to strum in the OP. ^.^
Old 2009-04-18, 11:55   Link #84
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeffs13240 View Post
yeah it did my hands were like that too when i was playing bass my index and middle finger picking hand not too mention the side of my thumb as well (slap bass) were hurting i learned how to play with those two fingers and my ring finger just to smooth the pain

why didn't they help her study throughout the week she had to study i mean if the risk of the club was going to disband wouldn't it make sense to push throughout the week instead of all night cram session? (they're not exatly healthy and very tiring and it only works for that one day then poof its all gone)
My thumb usually gets a huge "indent" because I push it up against the pick-ups so I have a better grip on the guitar and have more control over my fingers (it's the only way I can manage to play fast sections and songs like "Hit the Lights" by Metallica and the like. I'm too lazy to learn how to play slap correctly, as I don't see why I would ever use it. XD

I think at that point they still thought Yui was competent enough to study on her own, she did say she could do it on her own many many times.
Old 2009-04-18, 12:18   Link #85
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aorta View Post
What is the name of the manga on Yui's desk at 8:16?

There is another under that but you can't see the whole title.

Also what does the magazine cover under the manga say?

Spoiler for image:
Kaze no nai hi = The Day Without Wind (or Windless Day, something to that extent). The magazine is about horoscopes.
Old 2009-04-18, 13:33   Link #86
SkoolRumble4Ya

The best scene has got to be when they were imagining Yui rolling on the bed reading and eating chips followed by her little sister doing the same thing, I was laughing hard I couldn't hold it in.
Old 2009-04-18, 13:49   Link #87
aorta

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
The best scene has got to be when they were imagining Yui rolling on the bed reading and eating chips followed by her little sister doing the same thing, I was laughing hard I couldn't hold it in.
And then Ritsu actually doing the same thing whn she goes to Yui's house.
Old 2009-04-18, 13:56   Link #88
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

Thanksfully it was not as creepy as Havoc doing it in FMA.
Old 2009-04-18, 18:40   Link #89
DidCart

Quote:
No doubt about it.
Old 2009-04-18, 18:40   Link #90
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yui burning out during studying totally reminded me of what it was like when I had exams.

I don't see the complaint about the episode. You couldn't have a band if Yui failed the make-up exam so it fits as plot progression "slice of life" version. They are going to summer camp in the next episode so I guess this is where the bathing suits come in from the OP.
Old 2009-04-18, 19:15   Link #91
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

It occurred to me that Mio, Ritsu, man-brows are just using Yui at this point.

I mean, am I really in the wrong here? Their real goal is to keep the club alive, and going along with Yui like she matters is just part of it.

I feel horribly sorry for Yui's friend too.

HAY SORRY DONT NEED TO HANG OUT WITH YOU ANYMORE I HAS BETTER FRIENDS

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-04-18, 19:18   Link #92
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by masumi View Post
Arigatou. That makes sense; I just didn't remember Mio using a pick before, but I did remember seeing Mio using her fingers to strum in the OP. ^.^
Ouch man, with that much practice and playing, your probably pro. I remember my friend had bruised knuckles and fingers from playing the piano. (As wierd as that sounds, it can happen people if you practice 5+ hours each day at the conservatory ). Doesn't that sting when you go in the shower? Ouch.
Old 2009-04-18, 19:27   Link #93
ChihyaP
ChihyaP.Hachune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeSsKM9s9yk
Old 2009-04-18, 19:40   Link #94
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Ouch man, with that much practice and playing, your probably pro. I remember my friend had bruised knuckles and fingers from playing the piano. (As wierd as that sounds, it can happen people if you practice 5+ hours each day at the conservatory ). Doesn't that sting when you go in the shower? Ouch.
As long as you don't put any hard pressure on them, or tap them on a hard surface, you can't feel anything really. It's not very bad.
Old 2009-04-18, 20:18   Link #95
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
It occurred to me that Mio, Ritsu, man-brows are just using Yui at this point.

I mean, am I really in the wrong here? Their real goal is to keep the club alive, and going along with Yui like she matters is just part of it.

I feel horribly sorry for Yui's friend too.

HAY SORRY DONT NEED TO HANG OUT WITH YOU ANYMORE I HAS BETTER FRIENDS

I don't think that they are really using her. They helped her buy a guitar and with her make-up exam. To them, she is a band member and friend.

She's in the same class with her other friend all day long. They are prob together for breaks, lunch, etc. She's only seeing the band during club time.
Old 2009-04-18, 20:29   Link #96
Master Chibi

There's a difference between being and class and actually hanging out you know.

And I still say they're using her.

EVIL

Old 2009-04-18, 21:03   Link #97
Friday
Im shy too...

I think they should have helped her from the start but overall another great episode!!!!
Old 2009-04-18, 21:10   Link #98
Master Chibi

I think they'll come to the realization that Yui is mentally retarded sooner or later.

Old 2009-04-18, 21:15   Link #99
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
I think they'll come to the realization that Yui is mentally retarded sooner or later.
shes not a RETARD!!!!
like I said about her in her "character profile" she is a dreamer!!!!
Old 2009-04-18, 21:38   Link #100
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Episode 3 was very enjoyable with Yui goofing off most of the time. Overall, I felt that the episode was good, but not any better or worse than the last 2 episodes.

Rating: 8.6 -> 9

Full Episode 3 Reaction