AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-06-23, 21:03   Link #141
carmolita

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I'm still against Cagalli and Athrun. Her decision to marry Yuna sealed it for me.
But athrun left he never contacted her, she couldn't get a hold of him and she got brainwashed by the serin -thats why kira kidnapped her so she wouldn't do anymore stupid stuff and change her destiny.. Afterall he (athrun) was just as bad as she was -if not worse.
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 21:13   Link #142
boredandsleepy

Smile

Deleted. Duplicate post. See my post below.

Last edited by boredandsleepy; 2007-06-23 at 21:39.
boredandsleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 21:27   Link #143
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
why all the confusion?

Cagalli chose her country over Athrun, she chose Yuna over Athrun even after she got an engagement ring. All that without even letting him know.

Athrun loved her and still has feelings for her but he saw their relationship as finished from that point on.

Even if Cagalli would try to get back together with Athrun, he would decline.

Meyrin on the other hand did everything right. She is not pushy, not a tomboy and truly loves Athrun.

In fact, she abandoned ZAFT, her sister, her career, everything for Athrun. She puts her life in his hands without blinking or thinking twice.

It's not rocket science to figure out who is better fitting for Athrun at this point.
Varis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 21:34   Link #144
carmolita

We have the manga here in the US , but it is not the
Sd edge just the regular one and its not fully released *sad*
Old 2007-06-23, 21:36   Link #145
aldw

The truth of the matter is that at the end of the day it will be Athrun and Cagalli together, obvious to those not blinded by personal prejudices.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 21:38   Link #146
boredandsleepy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
I love your post boredandsleepy it gives me much hope !!!! Does athrun ever verbaly confess his love for cagalle in the manga?? And in your opinion where do you think they will take the movie?? And do you think if they don't tie up their relationship in the movie that there will be a 3rd season?? and how do the Japanese fans feel about the pairing???
Carmolita, in the manga, although I did not come across reading his explicit words "I love you" to Cagalli, the writer's continuously describing his inside feelings towards her and his impulsive hug to her is clearly telling us how much he truly loves her, not to mention that Athrun said he is protecting the day they (Cagalli and himself) will meet again. I am not a good romance writer but hopefully these little details would give you sufficient answer.

Also, have you been able to find the manga available in your country? It will be much better if you can read those yourself to get more understanding of Athrun's feelings towards Cagalli.

The movie is recently confirmed as the continuation of Gundam Seed Destiny TV series by Fukuda. It was once confirmed as the continuation of both Final Plus and GSD Special Edition by the VA (voice actor) for Kira Yamato in their Gundam Festival 2006. During Sunrise releasing GSD Special Edition I DVD, the VA for Cagalli in Gundam Ace asked us not to miss the Special Edition because it's connecting to the movie.

In my opinion, it's possibly they will reserve their precious/intimate moment for Athrun and Cagalli for the movie. Although I once thought it would be included in Special Edition, I'm satisfied about them revising the scene so Athrun would see Cagalli next to Kira once he woke up from sickbay and his wearing Orb uniform at the end. Whether or not they will have the 3rd season is still up in the air. However, the popularity for Gundam Seed series is still high so GSD 3rd can be possible in the future, depending on how the movie goes.

To answer your question about how do Japanese fans feel about Asucaga pairing. In May 2006, Sunrise had the polling for best popular scenes among 40 nominated scenes in both GS and GSD. Their ranking results showed Asucaga scenes are within their top 10 for both GS and GSD.

For GS:
Sunrise official ranking website for Gundam Seed Best Popular Scenes:
http://www.sunrise-inc.co.jp/bestsce...ult/index.html
Rank No. 3 = Asucaga stranded in unmanned island as seen in episode 24.
Rank No. 5 = Athrun hugged Cagalli and said "I will protect you" and then he kissed her as seen in episode 48.
Rank No. 8 = The intensive argument between Cagalli and Athrun when they believed Kira was killed by Athrun as seen in episode 30.
Rank No. 10 = Both Athrun and Cagalli riding with Strike Rouge and met with floating Kira as seen in final episode 50.

For GSD:
Sunrise official ranking website for Gundam Seed Destiny Best Popular Scenes:
http://www.sunrise-inc.co.jp/bestsce...lt/index2.html
Rank No. 3 = Athrun suddenly gave Cagalli a ring as seen in episode 8.

Enjoy!

Last edited by boredandsleepy; 2007-06-24 at 20:51. Reason: small typos
boredandsleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 21:42   Link #147
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis View Post
why all the confusion?

Cagalli chose her country over Athrun, she chose Yuna over Athrun even after she got an engagement ring. All that without even letting him know.
She didn't choose Yuna so much as, yes, her country. Ultimately, siding with the Seirans proved to be a stupid decision, but the motivation - the welfare of her country - is something Athrun can certainly respect. I think he'd like her less if were to prioritize her own happiness over her country's.

Quote:
Athrun loved her and still has feelings for her but he saw their relationship as finished from that point on.
We don't actually know that.

Quote:
Even if Cagalli would try to get back together with Athrun, he would decline.
We don't know that either.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 21:52   Link #148
thephreak

Quote:
Meyrin on the other hand did everything right. She is not pushy, not a tomboy and truly loves Athrun.

In fact, she abandoned ZAFT, her sister, her career, everything for Athrun. She puts her life in his hands without blinking or thinking twice.

It's not rocket science to figure out who is better fitting for Athrun at this point.
dude, Meyrin is not burdened with the responsibilites of Orb. Of course she can easily abandon her country and allegiance. Cagalli's decision to marry Seiran was out of political reasons and not romance, so you cant really hold that against her. and Cagalli would put her life in Athruns hands without "blinking or thinking twice" as well

edit: she couldn't tell Athrun about the marriage cuz, if im not mistaken, Athrun was in ZAFT and could not be reached?

Last edited by thephreak; 2007-06-23 at 21:53. Reason: add
thephreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 22:29   Link #149
carmolita

You are not mistaken
That is what cagalli told athrun -that she had way to contact him and he did not call. I don't blame cagalli because she had no one during the manipulaton scheme. Why does everyone (orb officials) call kira "master kira"?? Does everyone know he is cagalli brother?
Old 2007-06-24, 06:46   Link #150
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
But athrun left he never contacted her, she couldn't get a hold of him and she got brainwashed by the serin -thats why kira kidnapped her so she wouldn't do anymore stupid stuff and change her destiny.. Afterall he (athrun) was just as bad as she was -if not worse.
She's an adult. She should know the difference at this point, between right and wrong. If she could be so easily manipulated by Serin and company, she has no business running Orb, or being engaged to someone that actually loves her.

I'm sorry if you don't like my stance, but long term, they won't make it if she can be swayed so easily. Cagalli is a fool. She never should have been given control of Orb, or at least it should not have fallen to her shoulders until she was MUCH older. And Athrun should move on to someone who can be loyal in love with him. He probably won't. He'll probably go back to Cagalli. But if he does, he's lost whatever respect he gained from me in SEED.

Will
Old 2007-06-24, 06:51   Link #151
mikyu

Quote:
why all the confusion?
seems like you're a little confused too ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita
... and how do the Japanese fans feel about the pairing???
although kiraxlacus is the most popular couple ... the asucaga fandome is more active ^^° see all those doujinshi, fanfics whatever.

Quote:
But if he does, he's lost whatever respect he gained from me in SEED.
that's the only way I would respect him again after what he's done in GSD -_- ... sure, he can run away from his love and jump to anohter, give up and go! you're already a loser so just go ...
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 07:16   Link #152
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
She's an adult. She should know the difference at this point, between right and wrong. If she could be so easily manipulated by Serin and company, she has no business running Orb, or being engaged to someone that actually loves her.
"The difference between right and wrong"? And what was so wrong about marrying Yuna?

I'm obviously not saying it was the right decision, but - looking at it from her perspective, instead of that of an anime viewer who's seen the whole series...

Certainly, it was a betrayal of her relationship with Athrun. Big deal. Personal relationships shouldn't be more important than her country.

It was also a betrayal of Orb's traditional neutrality stance. But sticking hard to their guns is what provoked the invasion the first time. (And averted genocides, too, I'm not saying Uzumi was wrong.) But still Cagalli had to ask herself - could they afford a second time?

Another point to consider is that Orb itself wasn't that united. Uzumi's most loyal supporters died with him. That left... the rest. If Cagalli could have afforded to actively oppose the Seirans, Kira wouldn't have needed to kidnap her. At the very least, she wouldn't have needed to stay underwater that long.

So, yeah, she weighed it all in her mind and in the end, her personal happiness didn't matter much and she made the hard choice to marry the moron. And in retrospect it looks like it was a really ill-advised choice. But at the time, it didn't look like a particularly obvious choice. Unless you knew it was an anime story, of course, but in that case, shame on Athrun and Cagalli for not spotting that Dullindal was a bad guy within five minutes of talking to him.
Old 2007-06-24, 08:40   Link #153
LadyMadChan

Athrun stayed in Orb. That's pretty much your answer. Other than Cagalli there's no reason to stay: his lifelong bestfriend is staying wth Zaft, his ex-girlfriend is in Plant, she could have helped make his potential return to Plant easier after his defection if he wanted to return. Who else does he have other than Cagalli? Maybe we won't see them in a relationship together because that concept might be too controversial for the people of Orb. But don't be at all suprized if you see some kind of spark between Athrun and Cagalli. Btw Meyrin was shown to be Plant. So one can assume that he chose to be at Cagalli's side rather than being with Mey.
LadyMadChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 08:47   Link #154
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Actually, for the movie, I've heard he joins Zaft again. Possibly it means that by the end of it he'll be an Orb general or something. So meh.
Old 2007-06-24, 10:17   Link #155
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Actually, for the movie, I've heard he joins Zaft again. Possibly it means that by the end of it he'll be an Orb general or something. So meh.
Yeah, after there's the shot from Special Edition IV where he's in an ORB uniform, right?

I have heard that rumor, too. I was just saying in SEIV he was in an ORB uni, so Athrun will be defecting... again.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 11:04   Link #156
LadyMadChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I've heard that what you're talking about is just someone's speculation. So we'll see what happens.
LadyMadChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 11:59   Link #157
carmolita

Do
Mirelllia and dearka reconnect in GSD??
Old 2007-06-24, 12:05   Link #158
JagdPanther

Quote:
Do
Mirelllia and dearka reconnect in GSD??
Mirellia is pretty blunt about it.

Spoiler:

Old 2007-06-24, 12:12   Link #159
carmolita

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Mirellia is pretty blunt about it.

Spoiler:
I really liked their relationship! Does she ever say why? Is their any chance of them reconnecting again??
Old 2007-06-24, 13:09   Link #160
JagdPanther

Quote:
I really liked their relationship! Does she ever say why? Is their any chance of them reconnecting again??
I don't remember a specific explanation. I think the writers just didn't want to deal with that relationship in addition to all the other crap going on so they kinda wrote it out.

Yeah, I checked the Wikipedia pages on both Mirellia and Dearka and it doesn't expand upon their relationship (yes, because Wiki is always so amazingly correct. lol). It just says on Mirellia's page that when initially asked by Athrun about the relationship, she doesn't respond, but later she says that she dumped Dearka, which I remember her saying. That's about the extent of the elaboration there.