AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Old 2012-05-20, 12:54   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - FanFiction Discussion

Welcome to the Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai FanFiction Discussion thread.

This thread is meant for Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai fanfiction and its discussion. Fanfiction works can be either posted in this thread or in the Fan Creations Forum and linked to in this thread. You may also link to Fanfiction works posted on other sites and discuss it here.

General rules of our forum still apply:
  • No sexually explicit material. Yes, this goes for text format as well.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members
  • Have fun, but post intelligently

Please respect the authors, fanfictions are written in their free time, they have have no gain and owe you nothing; if they like a particular character and/or a particular pattern for their story, it's a personal choice and can't be blamed. In general, you are free to post constructive criticisms but not insults which (as in any other part of the forums) won't be tolerated. Remember that writers post here to get help and not to get troubles.

Thanks and have fun
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 06:08   Link #2
novalysis

Here's a wild plot bunny that just floated in my head, that I've decided to throw out, if only to break the ice.

When Hagani first came out, there were quite alot of viewers who made comparisons of Yozora to Haruhi Suzumiya- the way Kodaka was dragged into the neighbors club certainly bore certain parallels to what happened to Kyon.

I am very surprised no-one has taken that concept up, and ran away with it.

What would happen if Yozora had Haruhi Suzumiya's powers, and the rest of the Neighbors Club actually took on the same role as the SOS Brigade?

My take on it:

Sena will take on Tsuraya's function and role- substitute Tsuraya's personality with Sena's instead, and imagine how things would play out differently. However, her very different personality makes for very original character interactions.

Rika will take on Koizumi's role, since the personality she projects canonically as of the latest novel is hinted to be just one facet of her.

Yukimura will take on Yuki Nagato's role. I don't think I'll need to explain that. But Yukimura being an Interface sounds fitting.
The other option is for Yukimura to be a time-traveler instead, filling up Mikuru's role, which could also work, but what of Older!Yukimura then?

Kobato of course will fill up the original spot taken by Kyon's younger sister initially- if Kyon had a delusional younger sister.

Maria again could be either take Mikuru's role, or Yuki Nagato's role.

If Maria took Mikuru's role, then, naturally, Kate will take Older!Mikuru's role.

If Maria is an interface, then Kate probably takes Emiri Kimidori's role instead.

Spoiler for Latest Haruhi Novels:

I'd also imagine that Tomo would be actually a real entity. It'll be Kodaka's first clue that something is up with Yozora.
Spoiler for Latest Haruhi Novel Spoilers:

Let's also throw in Asakura as Kodaka's intitial class rep, for the lolz.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 10:25   Link #3
JamJackEvo

If anyone's looking for a good Kodaka/Sena pairing, check out my story in Fanfiction-dot-net.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7661086/...-My-Girlfriend

Story Description: She's self-centered, addicted to galge, openly displayed pedo-lezzy tendencies, and quite a pain to be around. But... why do I feel like I want to know more about her? And the more I learn, the more my heart beats like crazy. What's happening to me?

POV: First-person, with occasional Third-person narratives
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 10:32   Link #4
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Eh, that story really stood out to me when I read it a few months ago because it really captured the dynamics between Kodaka and the rest of the club in a manner that is fairly consistent with canon. Hope to see an update soon
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 09:58   Link #5
JamJackEvo

I have a plot bunny, and it's wild and unrelenting. I'll see if I can whip up a few more chapters for this, but please do take note that this is a mere preview and a side project for my main Haganai fanfic. Rewriting and fleshing it out would be a matter of course, so I'll just leave this as it is here and publish it in Fanfiction.net in its revised form once I get to about 3 chapters written.

Anyway, in the meantime, tell me what you think of this scenario. Kodaka and Sena, living together as kids. Kodaka, still close to Tohya, is stopped from leaving and remains friends with Yozora. What comes after is still up there in the conceptual stage.

-o- -o- -o- -o- -o- -o-

CHAPTER 1

Kodaka: I Have Something To Say

-o- -o- -o- -o- -o- -o-

“Hey, Sora, I have something to say to you tomorrow.”

“Hm? Why not say it now?”

“. . .”

“Is it important?”

“. . . yeah.”

The raven-haired kid with the red hat thought things over before replying. “Okay. I have something important to tell you too.”

“So let’s up here tomorrow at the usual time, okay?”

A nod. “Okay. It’s a promise.”

But it was a promise ending up broken. No matter how long Kodaka waited for his friend to show up, he never did. His back to the jungle gym, peering at the park’s clock to his left from time to time, the sun had already dipped into the horizon, casting the park and the world with the color of the approaching dusk and it would not be long before night follows. Still, he waited. He believed he would come, he believed that promise to be absolute, he believed his best friend would come no matter what.

But as the sun sank under and the orange hue of the environment turned dark and blue and he was close to breaking his curfew, he heaved one exhausting sigh and looked up to the sky.

“Why . . . didn’t you come?”

-o- -o- -o- -o-

He made it back home without igniting ire from his father; the guy was easy-going and it was not as if his son was gone for more than fifteen minutes after curfew. He just needed to explain his reason for being late and everything was right as rain.

Well, most of it was as right as it could be anyway. The boxes lining the empty living room were a harmful reminder that, by tomorrow, his family would be leaving this city for another, a reminder that he never got to say goodbye to the one person he’d miss the most.

He managed to sleep two hours after lying in bed and when it was time for some final packing in the morning, he felt a little groggy. His Dad kept talking about things, but it entered one ear and exited the other. His little sister was taking the move a bit easier than he did, and he honestly wished she could share some of that feeling with him, at least to wash off the guilt plaguing his heart for a time.

Once every single box and luggage was placed into the moving van and he was strapped in the passenger seat of their car, the engine roared and they immediately turned a corner away from the street. By chance, their car passed a street that gave a good view of the park that held so many memories, and he flocked to the window despite knowing he was wearing a seatbelt, which dug into his torso when he moved.

“Oi, Kodaka, be careful there,” his father exclaimed.

Kodaka looked to every corner in the park, but there was no sign of his friend. Frankly, there was no kid currently playing in the park; they were leaving on a school day morning, so it was to be expected. Kodaka just couldn’t accept that the last time he and Sora talked was about the promise they never fulfilled and that he would never be able to say what he should’ve said to him a week ago.

In his heart, though, he wished to be heard. He wished it with all his might.

“Goodbye.”

And then the park was no more. The car had swerved into another street.

-o- -o- -o- -o-

There was not much for him to do other than look out at the scenery changing from the urban city of Tohya to forests and hills as they rolled out of the city limit. There was also the radio, which was currently blaring a popular song on its tiny speakers, but the beat of the music was foreign to his ears. He was more in tune with rock songs. He looked over the backseats and saw Kobato playing happily with her favorite plush bunny. She seemed quite into whatever her imagination was conjuring and he’d feel bad to interrupt that.

This is gonna be a long ride, he thought with trepidation, I just know it.

Contrary to what he believed, it didn’t take that long for them to reach their destination. And they were still nowhere near a city, or at least a city with a really tall building. The last few things he saw through the window were a large gate they were passing through, a slope indicating a large hill, and a zigzag road as the car climbed up to the top. When his Dad finally cut the engine and the moving van parked to the left of the car, he turned to him and announced:

“Welcome to our new home!”

“EEEEEEEHHHH?!!”

He pictured a simplistic two-story house, much like the one they had lived in, but the giant mansion they parked in front of was beyond his wildest dreams. Not really grasping the concept shown to him, Kodaka asked his Dad if they were really going to live in that big house, to which the reply was a quick “Yes, we are” before he stepped out of the car to help coordinate the movers in placing the things inside.

“But, Dad, how can we live here with your salary?”

Despite being only seven, Kodaka had a good grasp of money and its uses and limitations. He knew how much his Dad earned every month, and a mansion like this was in no way possible for the trifling sum of an archaeologist.

“You two are living here for free,” he replied as if it were no big deal at all. “So don’t sweat the details. Daddy has it all covered.”

It took a second for his seven-year-old brain to latch on something very disturbing. “‘You two?’ What do you mean, ‘You two?!’”

“Like I told you at breakfast,” his Dad said after telling the two men to place the boxes at the foyer for now, “there was a problem with the house I rented in Kyushu, so the two of you will be moving in with an old friend of mine for the time being.”

“I don’t remember you saying any of that!”

He gave Kodaka an exasperated look and turned to his daughter. “Hey, Kobato, did I mention you and your Onii-chan will be staying at a friend’s place?”

Kobato naturally nodded her head. Twice. And went back to looking around the mansion’s garden.

“There you go,” he said, “proof. Ah! Careful with that one, guys.”

Embarrassed but not conceding, Kodaka asked, “Then who’s this friend of yours?”

“An old school friend. He and I kept in touch after graduation. He has a daughter your age, by the way.”

“A daughter?” he repeated, but filed that for later. Something was more important. “So you’re just gonna leave both of us here!”

“Of course not.”

The reply was instant and Kodaka could barely fathom the conviction in his tone. Before he could say another word, his father knelt and then grasped him by the shoulders.

“I’ll be gone for a few days to settle the paperwork. In the meantime, you and Kobato will be staying here.” He smiled. “Don’t worry too much, son. Like I said, I got it all covered.”

“How many days is ‘a few days’?”

“I don’t know.” He shrugged. “I still need to talk with the realtor and the actual owner, but maybe no more than a week.”

“But why unload everything here?”

Hayato’s eyes narrowed, gazing at the moving van and the two men lifting every box and placing it inside the big house. “Because I don’t know how my talk will end.”

“Huh?”

“It’s grownup stuff, Kodaka.” He patted his head. “When you’re older, you’ll understand. Not everyone can be understanding or be reasoned with.”

“Uh, okay.” He didn’t really get it, but he’d take his Dad’s word that with age comes understanding.

As the movers continued their work, Hayato motioned for Kobato to come over and gestured his head to the mansion. “Come on, you two. Time to meet the man of the house here.”

Standing at the entrance, overseeing the gentleness of the movers whenever a box containing fragile materials is being put down at the foyer, the man of the house was the epitome of an old-fashioned Japanese noble. His hair wasn’t up in a top knot, as was the case of Japanese noblemen three hundred years ago, but in a ponytail that reached his shoulders. His clothes were quite Japanese as well that Kodaka’s first impression of the guy was of a grumpy old artist, emphasized by the stern look he had on his face.

Hayato raised a hand in casual greeting. “Yo. Long time no see, Zaki.”

“It has been a while, Hayato.” The man’s eyes turned to him and Kobato. “This must be Kodaka-kun and little Kobato. She’s still young, but I can already see a bit of Airi in her.”

“That she does,” Hayato agreed with a nod. “How’s Sena-chan doing?”

“She’s at school right now.”

“I see. I thought I’d go and say hi for a minute. I think the last I’ve seen her was when she was . . . three, I think.”

“Yes, three. When we signed that contract together.”

“Contract?”

“You know, the marriage contract.”

“Ah . . . ooooohh. Right, yeah, I remember now. Wow, I can’t believe I forgot something like that.”

“Contract?” Kodaka cut in. Rude perhaps, but he was seven and curious.

“Never you mind about that, little hawk,” Hayato said, patting his son’s head with a troubled smile. “We’ll talk about it later.”

He nodded, leaving it at that.

“That’s all, sir,” one of the movers said to Hayato and presented a clipboard and pen. “If you’ll just sign here, here, and here.” Three signatures later: “Thank you, sir. You have a nice day now.”

“You too.” He waved the movers goodbye as they left the vicinity.

“Well, I have the servants make some refreshments inside,” the Japanese nobleman said. “Let us all go in, shall we?”

“Hold on a minute, Zaki. You haven’t introduced yourself to my kids yet.”

Kodaka easily noticed the way those words had affected the nobleman, how he twitched so magnificently that it almost seemed as if he had experienced an electric shock.

“It’s Tenma,” he said, his back to them. “Tenma Kashiwazaki.”

For some reason, their father stopped them from following Tenma. When a far bit of distance had passed, Hayato whispered to them, “It’s written as Tenma, but pronounced as Pegasus.”

“I HEARD THAT, HAYATO!” Pegasus screamed.

Hayato laughed. “All in good fun, Zaki. Come on, guys, time to get used to your new home.”

Deep in Kodaka’s heart, he had a feeling that when his father said those words, he meant them in a more permanent way, contradicting his assurances that this was just a temporary setting.
Old 2013-03-22, 12:12   Link #6
novalysis

So, Sena and Kodaka become Childhood friends raised together? You've shot canon to hell, but in a very good way. Although, given the horrid track record of childhood friends in this genre, I wonder how different the whole dynamics would be.

Oh, and I wonder whether Kobato would end up being clingy to Sena, rather than the other way round.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 13:06   Link #7
JamJackEvo

I've always wanted to shoot canon to hell and make my own twist. Maybe not as epic in scope as what the author is intending for the series, but I'm hoping to make an ending out of this before reaching the 100k word mark, though with my track record, that's probably wishful thinking.

Sadly, I still have no idea what to make of the Sena/Kobato dynamic, seeing that Sena was attracted to Kobato's cuteness and was enamored to her chuunibyou moe. As kids, Kobato still isn't going through chuunibyou, so she only has her cuteness as ammunition for pushing Sena's buttons. Whether that alone is enough to turn on Sena's obsession is still to be ascertain. I need more brainstorming time...

On other matters, I'm having trouble finding a way to implement the other members of the Neighbors Club. Maybe not Maria, since she's inside her mother's womb still at the moment, so that leaves Rika. But what situation would be good to have a genius girl like Rika to meet with pudding head Kodaka? Hmm... more food for thought, I guess.

EDIT:
Dammit, completely forgot about Yukimura. She has "family matters," but with how that was the only explanation she gave, I'm relatively free to come up with something to fill in the gaps. More brainstorming again... or maybe I should just concentrate on the dynamic relationships between the main three protagonists plus Kobato. Less work, less descriptions and scenes needed, more emphasis on the important things. Hmmm... tempting.