Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-30, 10:13   Link #201
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I love the idea of having kids do some of the cleaning, etc. But in Canada, unions would object on the quite correct grounds that could take away jobs. I wish there was some way of making such a system work, though.

I too found this episode a little less interesting than the others. But still very enjoyable. And Yuuki Aoi still fantastic. But I know I'm biased. Check the Hashihime blog (link in sig below) for several recent pieces involving Ao-chan, with pics.
Perhaps students could handle the minor cleaning, like erasing whiteboards (have blackboards been entirely phased out now?), cleaning the chalk dust off blackboards if they're still used, and cleaning paper scraps off the floor.
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 20:41   Link #202
Qikz

Ahhhhhhh this is such a nice relaxing show. Much like Keion it's got funny light comedy and you can just switch off your brain for half hour and get engrossed into the cute/lovable world.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 07:10   Link #203
Sides

Am I imagining things or does each episode features a new song? It feels like they are trying to milk this IP as hard as they can, not that it is a bad thing...
This series kind of feels ice cold pre-calculated, or maybe i'm reading too many manga and watching too many anime series lately, that i think i have see most of it before.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 12:44   Link #204
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Am I imagining things or does each episode features a new song? It feels like they are trying to milk this IP as hard as they can, not that it is a bad thing...
You aren't imagining things as there has been a different insert song in each episode, so far, which someone said earlier are going to have the full versions included with respective DVD/Blu-ray volumes.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 13:52   Link #205
Seihai
スマイリウム

I like Yuuko best... I empathize with her the most. Her voice sounds really soft and kind despite the accent and she's a beauty like the other chars already mentioned. Ah... another show that puts a smile on my face defo, I even got to like Tooru (whom I didn't like too much the first epi or two).
Old 2011-05-02, 18:37   Link #206
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 19:02   Link #207
Genten
has a custom user title

I'm not sure what to make of A Channel. On the one hand, I really enjoy the characters and the situations they get into. On the other, I just don't find it that funny. I've heard people say how humorous the show is, perhaps surpassing even Nichijou, but I've never laughed at it. I don't hate the show but I'm not getting that much enjoyment out of it.

It's my obsession with slice of life anime that have kept me from dropping the show. It's not that long, and I've already watched all four episodes, so I figure that I'll stick with it for the long run.

Besides humor, though, A Channel excels in the 'slice of life' mood department. Some of the skits are too wacky to actually happen (although the pool scene was amusing I'm fairly certain things like that don't happen that often in real life), there are a few that really strike me as 'hey, this could actually happen'. I'm referring to the skit in episode four where the main cast hangs out at Nagi's house for the evening and leaves. It just really evokes a sense of realism for me.

Run and the School Nurse are my favorites, though. Forehead love all the way!
Old 2011-05-03, 06:44   Link #208
bokchoy

I can help but think:
Nagi = Yomi (Azumanga Daioh)
Run = Tsukasa (Lucky Star)
Yuuko = Mio (K-ON!)

But that's just my opinion. I'm enjoying this show more than nichijou

-Tsumugi Kotobuki (K-On! Episode 7)

bokchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 06:56   Link #209
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for megami:

Spoiler for nyantype:
Old 2011-05-03, 11:45   Link #210
bokchoy

By the way, did anyone notice the Evangelion reference in episode one?

-Tsumugi Kotobuki (K-On! Episode 7)

bokchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 13:44   Link #211
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokchoy View Post
I can help but think: ... Run = Tsukasa (Lucky Star)....
Maybe you knew this already, but they are both played by the same voice actress, Fukuhara Kaori:

I think she is doing a very nice job. This is the most I have ever enjoyed her work.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-05-03 at 17:36.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 16:05   Link #212
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokchoy View Post
By the way, did anyone notice the Evangelion reference in episode one?
Not at all. When and what was the reference?
Old 2011-05-03, 16:20   Link #213
JediNight
キズランダム

On the merits of A Channel and comedy, etc:

It's ....slice of life. There isn't any kind of major plot, and the humor comes and goes, but before I know it every episode has finished and I'm just left with a pleasant happy feeling.

I also appreciate the fact that it isn't so obnoxious and vapid like K-on.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 18:58   Link #214
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I also appreciate the fact that it isn't so obnoxious and vapid like K-on.
And Nichijou, for that matter.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 19:45   Link #215
Midonin
Last Engage

I don't think this kind of potshotting is taking place in the discussion for the other shows, so, once more, wouldn't a little civility be okay? A Channel can be appreciated on its own merits, and not at the expense of another.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 04:30   Link #216
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

When exactly the episodes usually airs btw?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 07:14   Link #217
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
When exactly the episodes usually airs btw?
Friday 1:40 AM japanese time.
Old 2011-05-04, 17:04   Link #218
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I don't think this kind of potshotting is taking place in the discussion for the other shows, so, once more, wouldn't a little civility be okay? A Channel can be appreciated on its own merits, and not at the expense of another.
I never liked the idea of the "bash to promote" strategy myself. Also, it doesn't help that I have a strong liking for both K-ON! and Nichijou. Heck I tend to like 4-Koma in general.

Ok, it helps when the 4-Koma has cute girls and I realize that Nichijou is a hybrid manga, but whatever.

On another note, I have the avatars ready for episode 4. As usual it takes awhile and as usual I make too many.

Episode 4 Entry

I'll probably continue to post them there so long as the forums remain alive. Although if they ever get closed, I might have to rely on a different place. Yeah, I should stop being cheap and lazy, and set up my own site....
Old 2011-05-04, 21:45   Link #219
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Good point. Civility is always good. But as an instinctive contrarian, I have to say that comparing two slice-of-life comedies airing in the same season, and both featuring small groups of school girls, is inevitable and interesting. As is comparing both of them with the most successful such show ever.

I like both this show and Nichijou, and I liked the first few episode of both seasons of K-On. I like this show best of the three, so far, and am not a huge K-On fan, but any show that's that successful has to have a lot going for it, even if it doesn't quite click with me. I hope A Channel's appeal doesn't fade for me the way K-On's did.

The wonderful word "vapid" requires more explanation. All three could be considered fairly vapid, depending on your criteria.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 21:51   Link #220
Midonin
Last Engage

Oh, I have no problem with comparison. I compare all the time in my reviews (to things anime, non-anime and otherwise). Just don't like seeing it done with a mean spirit. Vitriol may be the internet's favorite pastime, but it hardly casts a good impression of a person.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, manga time kirara, school life, seinen, slice of life