AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-12-31, 14:30   Link #1
Tiberium Wolf

The Mage Will Master Magic Efficiently In His Second Life

Description from batoto

Quote:
Zeff Einstein spent his whole life mastering red magic and was finally recognized for it, yet a new spell that was soon created revealed that his talent for red magic was his lowest. Bitter at the thought of all his wasted effort, he creates a spell to send his old self back in time to his younger body and together with the determined "genius" mage Milly and the handsome swordswoman Claude, he intends to master magic more efficiently this time.

Something different... I have only read the 2 ch released and still dunno what I think of it. The spell to reveal the talent is kinda a gamish menu.
Old 2015-12-31, 15:20   Link #2
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Another manga adaptation of a Light Novel from Alphapolis.

I like how, rather than follow what his future self tells him to, young Zeff decides to forge his own destiny. Will be watching this.
Old 2015-12-31, 15:45   Link #3
darkofficer
just a devil

So I will ask the usual questions

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-31, 16:36   Link #4
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
So I will ask the usual questions
He is not OP and there is no harem disregard those pretty girls in the background, those are probably just traps.

Honestly though I haven't read this one. Perhaps i'll check it out, i kind of like the premise. The intro kinda reminds me of Tales of Gods and Demons. But i think i like this a bit more, that one was a little off from my taste.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin

Last edited by SoloPanda; 2015-12-31 at 16:56.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-31, 17:34   Link #5
Malicre

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
He is not OP and there is no harem disregard those pretty girls in the background, those are probably just traps.

Honestly though I haven't read this one. Perhaps i'll check it out, i kind of like the premise. The intro kinda reminds me of Tales of Gods and Demons. But i think i like this a bit more, that one was a little off from my taste.
No HAREM? /RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-31, 17:55   Link #6
LevelSeven

this sounds interesting, even if i dont really understand why he isnt OP with the knowledge of the future and a mastery of a whole magic set (mostlikely red means fire, and fire is, even fi nothign else, a really destructive thing right?)
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-31, 18:13   Link #7
Akashin

He only inherited his future self's knowledge, not his actual mastery of magic. He's OP in the sense that he knows his potential and knows the most efficient way of getting stronger, but in terms of actual strength he's not OP per se (yet).

As for whether or not it's a harem, I got the impression it was going to be from the synopsis, though it isn't so far. Not that it reasonably would be in the span of two chapters.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-31, 18:19   Link #8
Tiberium Wolf

The item not spell that reveals the talent has him with 62/62 in Red magic. Dunno if the limit can be increased.

And what mastery of magic is this when he only maxed out the Red magic and left the others at 25% and 50%.
Old 2015-12-31, 18:21   Link #9
Malicre

his older self was a dick and i was glad he choose the girl (obviously).
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-31, 18:39   Link #10
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
The item not spell that reveals the talent has him with 62/62 in Red magic. Dunno if the limit can be increased.

And what mastery of magic is this when he only maxed out the Red magic and left the others at 25% and 50%.
Reaching 62/62 in Red was sufficient for him the be temporarily named the Flame of Flames, and we've seen what his younger self is capable of with a 1/62 (or whatever it happens to be at now). That aside, his older self was many times over stronger in every aspect than his younger self; are we going to split hairs over my use of the word mastery?

My point was that his younger self didn't inherit his older self's physical growth in magical capabilities (hence 'mastery').

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
his older self was a dick and i was glad he choose the girl (obviously).
He wasn't a dick, really, so much as he was self-absorbed and had simply never bothered to consider a method that didn't involve complete solitude. He acknowledged and accepted his younger self's decision when he made it.
Old 2015-12-31, 18:56   Link #11
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Reaching 62/62 in Red was sufficient for him the be temporarily named the Flame of Flames, and we've seen what his younger self is capable of with a 1/62 (or whatever it happens to be at now). That aside, his older self was many times over stronger in every aspect than his younger self; are we going to split hairs over my use of the word mastery?

My point was that his younger self didn't inherit his older self's physical growth in magical capabilities (hence 'mastery').
I know that. I wasn't complaining about that. I was saying the MC was too obsessed with red magic that he kinda neglected the other areas. Then again he didn't have measuring tool early in his life.
Old 2015-12-31, 19:02   Link #12
LevelSeven

^to be fair, he was always said to have mastered "red magic" and not "all magic", it is reasonable that he only has red magic as max,
btw, wouldnt his timereverse spell make him a super-mage or so?
im a bit sad that the manga simply allowed the MC to use such high-grade spell as if it was nothing :/
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-31, 22:27   Link #13
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
He only inherited his future self's knowledge, not his actual mastery of magic. He's OP in the sense that he knows his potential and knows the most efficient way of getting stronger, but in terms of actual strength he's not OP per se (yet).

As for whether or not it's a harem, I got the impression it was going to be from the synopsis, though it isn't so far. Not that it reasonably would be in the span of two chapters.
According to the image from the novels from Alphapolis, more people will join his party.

Images
Zeff and his companions
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-12-31, 22:37   Link #14
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Not really sure if i mislead anyone or not but I meant it as what i consider a rather obvious joke or /sarc when i said that the girls where traps and that there isn't a harem. I've only read the first two chapters of the manga as well. (Trying to get my hands on the LN though :/ we'll see.)

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-31, 22:42   Link #15
SamVision

... So is it a harem or not? It makes or breaks stories for me.
SamVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-01, 00:07   Link #16
Akashin

In general? Yes, as MrTerrorist pointed out. As of now (the two manga chapters, that is)? Not really.
Old 2016-01-01, 05:46   Link #17
Tenzen12

First two chapters were alright. If novels were out, I would try them too. For WN protagonist surprisingly isn't Sue, which is huge plus and I am curious about his "new path".
Old 2016-01-01, 06:10   Link #18
Sixth
Hu Tao

Hmmm..what is green magic huh? Something related to poison, plant, healing and buff? That is the spell lane that the MC is extremely strong at it.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-01, 07:27   Link #19
Starlightz

So how did that Milly girl has access to the potential measurement magic from the future? Is it the artist's mistake, the original WN's plothole or is it supposed to be an obvious hint about her coming back from future as well?
Starlightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-01, 07:41   Link #20
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlightz View Post
So how did that Milly girl has access to the potential measurement magic from the future? Is it the artist's mistake, the original WN's plothole or is it supposed to be an obvious hint about her coming back from future as well?
or she was the creator of that spell who indirectly ruined MC's life?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, time travel