AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-24, 22:48   Link #4081
Marka13

Okay people I have a request

Could anyone give me a summary of SS and vol 20-21? (preferably detailed)
And if you've heard me in the Image thread, you should expect this, but please elaborate on Sahsa, I'm trying to get fanart ideas and the like

Also, I would really like to know:
What's the whole relationship with Fiamma and Sasha? Why exactly does he want her and what for?
And how does the capturing process go down?

That said....
SPOILER ME! lol

Thanks
Old 2010-08-24, 23:04   Link #4082
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Go here for comprehensive summary of vol 20. It includes why Fiamma needs Sasha for his plans and how he captured her. Basically, he needs her because Michael used her body to move around on Earth during Angel Fall, therefore she possesses Michael's essence which Fiamma needs to summon Gabriel who is in Michael's place in the elemental order due to the mixing up of the elements. As for how he captured her, he simply pwned Touma, Elizerina, Vent, and Lessar and took her.
Old 2010-08-24, 23:38   Link #4083
Marka13

Thanks for the link
It was really helpful for vol 20!
Old 2010-08-25, 07:11   Link #4084
tsunade666

if it's for vol 21. You can look at the past pages. Their are info's about it. Their really isn't much on 21. Or rather their are tons that happen and with it. Nothing really shine much except aqua and shiage. Accelerator is all time badarse as well as Toume being gar is no big. Then their is an over powered arch angel that treats an artificial angel like nothing.

The really great stuff is aqua's will as well as shiage even if his just normal being. His getting caught up in this major events.
Old 2010-08-25, 08:05   Link #4085
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Replying to Tsunade's question here since it's off-topic in S2 thread:

1) Slayers: 12 million sold in all (40 novels)
2) Majutsushi Orphan: 12 million sold in all (33 novels)
3) Record of Lodoss War: 10 million sold in all (22 novels)
4) Fortune Quest: 10 million sold in all (30 novels)
5) Toaru Majutsu no Index: 9 million sold in all (23 novels)
6) Full Metal Panic!: 8 million sold in all (20 novels)
7) Shakugan no Shana: 7.5 million sold in all (22 novels)
8) Kino no Tabi: 6.6 million sold in all (16 novels)
9) Suzumiya Haruhi Series: 6 million sold in all (9 novels)
10) Zero no Tsukaima: 4.3 million sold in all (21 novels)

So yeah, I can definitely see Index becoming #1 bestselling light novel in Japan in the next year or so.

Source here.
That is some impressive number. Although I'm even more impressed at Haruhi for selling that much in just 9 volume @_@. I know Haruhi is popular, but I never knew it was that popular lol.
Old 2010-08-25, 09:01   Link #4086
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
That is some impressive number. Although I'm even more impressed at Haruhi for selling that much in just 9 volume @_@. I know Haruhi is popular, but I never knew it was that popular lol.
Haruhi goes world wide with other language so it's not surprising for me with it's current popularity. Though I like bungako shoujo more than haruhi and it's a good thing yen press license it though with that no translation from baka-tsuki

Well if you just based on the figures of light novel. The one with lower volumes are really impressive for it to sell that much.

I wonder if index would also be license....

slayer is still all the way!!! go lina inverse!!! and I want more sergeant sagara but no update and luck
Old 2010-08-25, 09:27   Link #4087
Marka13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The really great stuff is aqua's will as well as shiage even if his just normal being. His getting caught up in this major events.
Usually if Aqua is involved badass-ness happens XD
Old 2010-08-25, 09:33   Link #4088
tsunade666

well aqua is gar superman badarse but this time around. He just "gives up" a hero never gives up no matter what the odds. It's a good thing that shiage is around despite the whole world is against him. He still their standing and cheer on aqua. You should find their conversation in this thread. It's really a great one.
Old 2010-08-25, 10:20   Link #4089
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Haruhi goes world wide with other language so it's not surprising for me with it's current popularity. Though I like bungako shoujo more than haruhi and it's a good thing yen press license it though with that no translation from baka-tsuki

Well if you just based on the figures of light novel. The one with lower volumes are really impressive for it to sell that much.

I wonder if index would also be license....

slayer is still all the way!!! go lina inverse!!! and I want more sergeant sagara but no update and luck
But the number posted by Suzuku doesn't count the translated version right? That number is impressive for only local(and a little tidbit of export I guess) sales number. It beat the second sales/volume title by a long shot (0.67 million/volume for Haruhi compared to Lodoss 0.45 mil/vol).

I actually only think Haruhi as mediocre at best (although the story concept is very original compared to a lot of cliche light novel out there) so I'm really quite surprised by the sales number.

Anyway, back at topic, why do people keep calling Aqua as superman? I know his power is amazing and all, although lately he get a lot of "nerf", but why the supermen parallel?
Old 2010-08-25, 12:30   Link #4090
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

To quote TVTropes:

Spoiler for If you want to read it:

Besides, just as Kryptonite is need to 'nerf' Superman, Aqua got hit by a lot of these since Vol 16.

And now, Vol 8 Chp 4 complete.

Anyway, somewhat off-topic here, but I heard that the LN sales for Index jumped by about 3 million or something in the past year, no?
Old 2010-08-25, 13:46   Link #4091
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
To quote TVTropes:

Spoiler for If you want to read it:

Besides, just as Kryptonite is need to 'nerf' Superman, Aqua got hit by a lot of these since Vol 16.

And now, Vol 8 Chp 4 complete.

Anyway, somewhat off-topic here, but I heard that the LN sales for Index jumped by about 3 million or something in the past year, no?
I hope Double Jesus makes a comeback.

Yep, give or take. If it keeps going at this rate it might become bestselling light novel in Japan by this time next year.
Old 2010-08-25, 13:53   Link #4092
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Awaki got pwned. Badly. Now I want to know what her reaction is when she finds out about him being in GROUP for the first time...
Old 2010-08-25, 18:21   Link #4093
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Ahhh the moment I've been waiting for, even though this is a Kuroko-centric story, I was looking forward to Touma and Accelerator's appearance... Touma for being the hero and saving the girl again, while Accelerator for kicking ass with style!

Kinda interesting how it's these two that help Mikoto.
Old 2010-08-25, 18:45   Link #4094
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Kinda interesting how it's these two that help Mikoto.
And the fun is on the latter guy .
YEESSS ACCELERATOR!

Awaki: Don't matter who I'll kill him...

Accelerator appears!

Awaki: OMFG!

That was funny and cool.
Old 2010-08-25, 21:27   Link #4095
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I love the author's extreme metaphors:

"It's like sending an air strike to stop children from fighting!"
Old 2010-08-25, 21:43   Link #4096
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

How appropriate though, that those said children can single-handedly defeat an entire army and their older brother can summon a sword of flame 30 km in length.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-08-25, 22:37   Link #4097
Bordix

Vol 13 finally got an update: Volume 13 Chapter 10 Part 6

Pity Accelerator had to stop Index's advance. I would have loved to see her nibble the skin off Kihara.
Old 2010-08-25, 22:41   Link #4098
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

^ Funny thing is I was just looking at vol 13 a couple hours ago wondering why the guy didn't just finish the little bit he had left before going inactive. :3
Old 2010-08-25, 22:55   Link #4099
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
^ Funny thing is I was just looking at vol 13 a couple hours ago wondering why the guy didn't just finish the little bit he had left before going inactive. :3
it's not that little yet. Their is still more to go. Even if their is only small number of parts yet and epilogue.
Old 2010-08-25, 22:58   Link #4100
Phibrizzo
Honos628

I want to look but I would save it for tomorrow that work is killing me of boredome
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen