AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-10-06, 19:04   Link #1
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

Does Naruto have whiskers, or are they

Does Naruto have whiskers, or are they...

only seal marks on his face,
kiai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 19:12   Link #2
winson604

whiskers. obviously resembling the 9 tails fox
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 19:13   Link #3
Mezu
The Guardian

i dont think they are actually whiskers... some ppl have those kinds of marks(to that affect) that we come across. They just resemble whiskers but they are definetely not actual whiskers. And when we see Naruto face to face, you never see his whiskers popping out from the sides, so it seems that they are just marks.
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 19:22   Link #4
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

Response one: you don't say they are "marks" per say but whatever is ther that it effectively "looks" like whiskers.

Response two: you say they appear to be "marks" but you don't mention that it only so happens that it "looks" like fox whiskers.

Tsunade has seals that appear when she gathers chakra here with her life technique and Jiraiya has marks that could be from a chakra's initial appearance long ago as well. It looks like it's still possible it could be either for whiskers or a seal showing through for naruto.
Old 2004-10-06, 19:27   Link #5
HoBoZ

i really dont think they r whiskers....probably scars or something....
HoBoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 19:28   Link #6
erol

Send a message via ICQ to erol Send a message via AIM to erol Send a message via MSN to erol
Just marks to make Naruto look more like a fox
erol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 19:28   Link #7
Mezu
The Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiai
Response one: you don't say they are "marks" per say but whatever is ther that it effectively "looks" like whiskers.

Response two: you say they appear to be "marks" but you don't mention that it only so happens that it "looks" like fox whiskers.

how many times have you seen a fox with black whiskers? Better yet, how many times have u seen a fox in person?
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 19:43   Link #8
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

only that was my interpretation of responses two and three. The colors turn red when Kyuubi chakra comes to the surface right? I'm not sure black whiskers are uncommon if that's what you have.

I really wish there were Naruto Cels, I'd be so poor.
Old 2004-10-06, 21:13   Link #9
Kovash
Why am I still here!?

You can see the marks on his face even before the Demon fox is sealed (granted, only for half a second) so I doubt it has anything to do with the Kyuubi being inside him.

I'd say it is FAR more likely that they are, as someone already said, just there to make him look more like a fox, because when he accesses his Kyuubi chakra they kinda scrunch up to resemble a Fox's snarl. Naruto, after all, doesn't have a snout and that's the closest you can get to showing it without acctually transforming Naruto.

I'd say it's not important to anything significant and just... there. You may be unhappy with this analysis but not everything needs to mean something special.
Kovash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 21:59   Link #10
Holy Knight
Time Bomb

Its probably scars.
Holy Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 22:29   Link #11
CastleOrange

I think it's a lot more probable that they're unexplainable face marks, not scars or whiskers or anything of the sort.
CastleOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 22:35   Link #12
Final

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezu
how many times have you seen a fox with black whiskers? Better yet, how many times have u seen a fox in person?
I live in Denver and I see foxes just about once a week(I work graveyards), even deep in teh city around creeks, rivers, parks, golf courses or military base. I thought they were pretty common city animals, they adapt well...

As far as the marks on Naruto's face... they're really long moles.
Final is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 00:37   Link #13
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovash
You can see the marks on his face even before the Demon fox is sealed (granted, only for half a second) so I doubt it has anything to do with the Kyuubi being inside him.

I'd say it is FAR more likely that they are, as someone already said, just there to make him look more like a fox, because when he accesses his Kyuubi chakra they kinda scrunch up to resemble a Fox's snarl. Naruto, after all, doesn't have a snout and that's the closest you can get to showing it without acctually transforming Naruto.

I'd say it's not important to anything significant and just... there. You may be unhappy with this analysis but not everything needs to mean something special.
Not me, Im happy about lot's of stuff. The purpose was to get different replies not all one answer.
Old 2004-10-07, 00:46   Link #14
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiai
Not me, Im happy about lot's of stuff. The purpose was to get different replies not all one answer.
You asked a "is it A or B" question, and you got an appropriate response. If you wanted a variety of answers, such as "they're chocolate. the boy packs them away as much as ramen, and doesnt wash his face." then you should have actually phrased it as such.
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 02:10   Link #15
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovash

No. We've only seen Naruto with the whisker marks, never without. That leads to the assumption that they are a direct result of having the Kyuubi sealed inside of him.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 04:28   Link #16
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
You asked a "is it A or B" question, and you got an appropriate response. If you wanted a variety of answers, such as "they're chocolate. the boy packs them away as much as ramen, and doesnt wash his face." then you should have actually phrased it as such.
He said he hopes his opinion didn't offend anyone, and I was saying no I'm happy with that nice reply. And if you think things always have to be A or B I'll have to consider that a rather bipolar outlook and then skip on looking at thinks like that, sorry.
Old 2004-10-07, 05:16   Link #17
Real
....Elemental....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleOrange
I think it's a lot more probable that they're unexplainable face marks, not scars or whiskers or anything of the sort.

I agree. One of the Jounin(??)preliminary examiners for the Chunnin exam had a face mark horizontaly under his eyes, arching over his nose. Im sure I've seen face marks on other characters that can't be explained as well, just can't site specifics right now.
Real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 09:02   Link #18
Cort
What???

Send a message via ICQ to Cort
Huge f'kin dimples.
Cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 09:21   Link #19
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
No. We've only seen Naruto with the whisker marks, never without. That leads to the assumption that they are a direct result of having the Kyuubi sealed inside of him.
That's what his point was... that we've only seen Naruto with whisker marks... even before being sealed. (Of course, I don't know about that last part)
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 11:04   Link #20
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by erol
Just marks to make Naruto look more like a fox
same opinion.
if it was really whiskers, it should "move", when he runs, when there is wind, etc..just like his hair
hitokirigirl is offline   Reply With Quote