AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-24, 03:13   Link #21
shinn_asagiri
HEY MAN!!!

the last episode, that really made me cry...

just remembering the scene itself already makes my eyes heavy...
Old 2007-05-13, 13:51   Link #22
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
I second that-the final episode made me cry-it was so sad when Misuzu died-and with the reincarnation going on into the forseeable future with no release in sight-again sad.
Old 2007-10-17, 15:04   Link #23
Yukito590
King of Eroge

Send a message via AIM to Yukito590
In the movie I my favorite part is when Misuzu is feeling weak and is hiding in the shrine. Then Yukito punches Misuzus dad and runs in search of her. At this point, that epic song, "Tsubasa Nin Densetsu" plays. This scene was done so well that it gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes from sadness, excitement, and eevrything. It then ends up with a kissing scene which I hoped for in the anime series. I loved all that so much and always will.

I don't really get the end of the movie. You hear what appears to be wings heavily flapping, then Yukito looks upward but you can't see any thing. And this happen after Misuzu...died. T^T Then at the end Yukito says "why don't you ask Misuzu" (if I remember correctly, it's been almost a year) and it zooms into the boble-head thingy that Misuzu left for Yukito. It made me think that he is in denial/ see's her soul being in the bobble head. Was kind of creepy. xD

As for the series. The beach seen, the ending, and the last of Yukito just killed me so much!! But I can't choose any favorite because hey, I also loved when they first met, and when they played in the water, and many other scenes. The whole series was perfect and I named it my favorite series when I first watched it in 2005. It'll be 2008 soon and nothings even came close to reaching to me as much as Air did. So yea, #1 forever, it's just too special.

It makes me sad whenever I think about Air because then I just feel like watching it over again even though I know nothing new will happen. Not only that, but watching it again will only make me even more sad and think about it even more. I haven't ever shut up about Air
since the first day I watched it almost 3 years ago.

Misuzu =(
Old 2007-10-26, 19:07   Link #24
Wuya

End of the 2nd episode I believe.

Kano was sleepwalking/tranced and she released the burst of magical energy that caused the illusion.
Old 2007-10-29, 10:55   Link #25
Solafighter
Hige

First episode.

And also favourites episodes: All other.
Old 2007-10-29, 12:33   Link #26
Hikari
Banned

Summer Arcs for me. I dunno it had a unique magical-historical feel to it, I really can't explain it.

Altho the first time I watched it and they went back to that period right at the end of the epsiode I was like WTF? Why is it this sad drama on a seaside town that I was watching suddenly becoming all Rurouni Kenshin all of a sudden with the samurais and such. This was not what I wanted! But then it all made sense in a little while.

Even in context as the backstory, the summer arcs did seem to take a different feel in terms of having way more flat out jokes and funny moments/gags not shown or fitting at all in the modern era counterpart. Even after watching the series in full I thought it was quite a constrating change between the two.

But whatever, I like it, so yeah...
Old 2007-11-20, 04:11   Link #27
Monster in a box

Can't really pick a favorite episode in a series like this. But I'll tell what wasn't my favorite episode. Episode 4. Man was that episode ever bad. I loved 1-3, thought they were the high point of the series, but 4...4 was just not good.
Old 2007-11-21, 02:28   Link #28
fading sun

Last episode/movie for me. The movie was so much better done than the anime, but the anime was still excellent.
Old 2007-12-01, 17:08   Link #29
pcube19622
ho hee~
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to pcube19622
My favorite ep is definitely the last ep...especially the last part where sora(yukito) flies off saying "ill continure on my journey to find...."
Old 2007-12-05, 15:43   Link #30
Kristen
*Author

If the movie counts as an episode, then definately the movie. I felt the movie was a much more fluid flow than the anime.
But if it's the anime, then probably episode 12. It really just was something special.
Old 2007-12-06, 20:39   Link #31
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

It’s hard to single out a favourite episode, except perhaps by a process of elimination.

Not the first episode, since it was rather random, after watching it I had no idea what the series was going to be about, it was just a collection of encounters.

The second episode was better in terms of being a lot of fun, but the real hook that got me into Air was that final scene where they see the glowing figure of Kano stumbling along, and then that explosion of light... at that moment, for me, the series took off and became something special. So not the second episode either since it was just the start.

Third episode was brilliant, finally developing the strange themes, but this was topped by the revelation of Kano's story of possession in ep. 4, and also the enigmatic meeting with Minagi (in her summer hat) where she describes herself as a fragment of her mother's dreams, thus setting up the next arc. The ending of ep.4 was incredibly poignant with the song of the mother about her lost child, at this point Air established itself as one of the most emotionally powerful anime series I think.

Ep.5 was more strangeness (did I tell you I like strange stories?) and very sad with both Misuzu's and Minagi's troubles developing at once. But ep.6 topped things again, like ep.4 having another incredibly emotional climax to Minagi's arc, even sadder than ep.4 I thought.

From ep.7 I found confusion starting to creep in, by the end of that ep. I just didn't know what was going on anymore, and this began to tarnish my enjoyment of the series. The historic episodes that followed made sense but I felt somewhat detached from them, and the final episodes 10-12 resumed the confusion, and this combined with the tale becoming depressing without a feeling that there was something worthwhile to justify the suffering left me unsatisfied at the end. The Summer extras were fun but shallow.

So by a process of elimination I would say probably episodes 4 or 6 were best, with 5 and 3 in contention. Really it's hard to split 3 and 5 from 4 and 6 since they are necessary for setting things up. It's a shame they didn't manage to tell Misuzu's story as clearly as they told Kano's and Minagi/Michiru's, Misuzu's was supposed to the the main story with the other girls lives merely being touched by the winged girl, but for me it was too muddled for her finale to really shine.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2007-12-08, 05:53   Link #32
Monster in a box

That's an odd opinion to have. I personally thought Kano's story didn't make even the slightest amount of sense, and I've seen it three times now. I just didn't get it. Misuzu's was much clearer, though probably still not as clear as Minagi's, or at least harder to understand.
Old 2007-12-08, 08:43   Link #33
Sirth
Command of the Revenants

Send a message via AIM to Sirth Send a message via MSN to Sirth
For me, the greatest episode was 11. There was so much going on between Haruko and Misuzu. I really wanted Haruko to get what she wanted, and that was to keep Misuzu. Then the beach scene. Has to be one of the greatest scenes in history. To me, that should of been the end, since not even the end had as much of an impact on me.
Old 2007-12-08, 13:08   Link #34
Gaara133
You damn midget!

I'd say episode 13 (even though it's a complete recap); the most moving part for me would be when misuzu said, "Goal" then it went into the full version of the opening song
Closed Thread