AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-04-13, 00:24   Link #8041
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I want to take Kyonko home!!!!!
Me too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Gragh.

I really need to editjob the start of the Asakura fight...
Yes, yes you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red225 View Post
But, but Yuuki ALREADY took Kyon home! Though with less of the, y'know, murdering

I noticed a couple of misplaced 'her' and 'she' pronouns in the fight scene... too tired to edit right now XD
Gottdammerung. I'm too tired to bother going through it too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
On the subject of Higurashi...just finished watching episodes 7 & 8.

Crazy Mion is crazy.
It gets crazier when you find out the truth behind that arc... and my god, that arc has the best first and last episodes of the entirety of Higurashi.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 00:30   Link #8042
CanadaAotS
Manly Picnic

Send a message via MSN to CanadaAotS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebliss View Post
Well, now ... Though I would have appreciated a slightly more nuanced judgment from Discreet, it isn't nice to put labels like that on people.
Eh I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't a title Discreet bestowed upon himself. lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discreet View Post
*puts on fascist hat*

It is... unnecessary.
^- See? lol. Btw, what does a Fascist Hat look like anyway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunafishisgood View Post
XD .... I found something interesting. Well.... we all have our own opinions..
So this video iswas just a crazy fangirl being butthurt over kyonkoisim? :P

/a/ get's kinda pissy about it too. The last Kyonko thread I saw got image sage bombed pretty badly lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I want to take Kyonko home!!!!!

I'm pretty sure we all want to take Kyonko home...
OMOCHIKAERI~!
CanadaAotS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 00:36   Link #8043
sosoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Finally, Chapter 5 is done. Man, this one was hard and it's just going to get worse.

Spoiler for Chapter 5, Final: Asakura Fight and Asakura Aftermath:

I find the aftermath rather funny, because, in Higurashi, "transferring out" is used as a creepy euphemism for "dying horribly and mysteriously".

Fits well, don't it?
Woot i enjoyed this chapter alot. Btw what's with the SQL?
sosoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 00:43   Link #8044
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaAotS View Post
/a/ get's kinda pissy about it too. The last Kyonko thread I saw got image sage bombed pretty badly lol.
I'm in despair! Those who miss the point of Suzumiya Haruhi no Seitenkan have left me in despair!

Seriously though, it's an honor to be hated by that rabid pack of douchefuckers, apparently. It means we're well known.

GOD I HATE 4CHAN.

(Disclaimer: Anything I say when I'm this tired should not be taken seriously.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosoft View Post
Woot i enjoyed this chapter alot. Btw what's with the SQL?
It's in the original. It's how Nagato originally did data manipulation, before it was retconned into her speaking really quickly.

In the anime, if you slow down what she's saying and play it backwards, it's just SQL statements.
Old 2008-04-13, 00:54   Link #8045
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
It gets crazier when you find out the truth behind that arc... and my god, that arc has the best first and last episodes of the entirety of Higurashi.
I did find it odd that the little clip at the beginning of the arc (with Rika stabbing herself in the head...repeatedly...) wasn't in the arc itself; does that have something to do with it?

...Anyway, no more off-topicness from me tonight, for 'tis bedtime!

EDIT: Wait...just thought of something. Is it true that Asakura's sped-up talking isn't actually a set of SQL statements? I had heard/read something to that effect.....
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 00:57   Link #8046
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I did find it odd that the little clip at the beginning of the arc (with Rika stabbing herself in the head...repeatedly...) wasn't in the arc itself; does that have something to do with it?
Yuuuup, that'd be it.
Old 2008-04-13, 01:32   Link #8047
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Quote:
Finally, Chapter 5 is done. Man, this one was hard and it's just going to get worse.

Spoiler for Chapter 5, Final: Asakura Fight and Asakura Aftermath:

I find the aftermath rather funny, because, in Higurashi, "transferring out" is used as a creepy euphemism for "dying horribly and mysteriously".

Fits well, don't it?
Nice job! ^^ And I, too, love Higurashi no naku koro ni (kai). You could make the suggestion even stronger by having Kyonko say:
Spoiler:
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 02:26   Link #8048
kaura117
Word Moe

Quote:
Nice job! ^^ And I, too, love Higurashi no naku koro ni (kai). You could make the suggestion even stronger by having Kyonko say:
Spoiler:
Mmm, small problem with that. The Japanese terms, for those unfamiliar with Higurashi, will be bewildering and obtuse. Rather, go with "...being spirited away. No, being demoned away. Are you happy now?" That way, those unfamiliar with the source material still gets a chuckle, and us Higurashi fans get to nod sagely, recognizing the origin. >_>
kaura117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 02:33   Link #8049
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Is it true that Asakura's sped-up talking isn't actually a set of SQL statements? I had heard/read something to that effect.....
Supposedly, she's asking Nagato if she loves Kyon. However, I can't really say for certain what's being said there, so I'm going mainly by hearsay.

As for the little debate I was involved in, obviously it had no effect whatsoever on anything of discernible value, so I see no reason to continue. Besides, I'm not really in the proper mindset to keep myself under control at the moment, so it wouldn't do much good if I tried to continue, anyway.

*e*
Actually, forget it. I'm going to speak my mind right now, otherwise this will end up getting even farther out of hand by the time I can collect myself.

The very fact that so much setup has to be added into the story for a change that isn't even needed should be more than enough proof that this is a horrible idea.
Taniguchi(m) freaked out and ran away before Kyon could explain things. Taniguchi(f) has not only taken several pictures, but also calmly walks out while teasing Kyonko. Not to mention the fact that this turns her from being a friend to being an outright {female dog}.

Like I had mentioned before, the ACTUAL reason for Haruhi feeling betrayed was the fact that she walked in on Mikuru being on top of Kyon. As far as anyone knows, the only place she's even aware Kyon actually kept the Mikuru pictures is within the anime's storyline. In addition, having Haruki move clear across the clubroom to see what Kyonko's doing should give Kyonko a lot more time to get out of the folder than what Kyon had with Mikuru standing right next to him.

Even if we're going to have Kyonko's reaction speed be a lot slower than Kyon's, the Yuuki pictures pretty much have to be in the same exact folder as the Mitsuru ones. If we're really going to have Haruki see one of those pictures, the odds that he won't end up seeing everything else in it are lower than lightning striking in the same place twice. This turns what was basically a misunderstanding into Haruki actually finding out that Kyonko "betrayed" him.

This also leads to another problem. If Kyonko doesn't find Mitsuru to be at least somewhat attractive, why would she even bother to keep the pictures of him in a maid outfit in the first place? We can't get rid of them, as they're used as the proof she needs that Mitsuru really is from the future.

That being said, I'm done arguing this point for now. If I'm the only one giving reasons why this is a bad idea, then maybe I'm wrong and just being ridiculously stubborn. As it stands, there's no real reason for me to continue bringing up the point, as it's only dragging the thread(and as a result, the project itself) down.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...

Last edited by Kogetsu Shirogane; 2008-04-13 at 07:46. Reason: changed my mind...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 07:49   Link #8050
walviss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post

Spoiler for Related to the "debate" that was going on and not the rest of this post.:
Well, I've been giving it more thought anyway, and I'm willing to concede the point. I still don't find Haruki's jealousy of Kyonko's motherly/sisterly relationship with Mitsuru as...strong? compelling? (can't find the right word)...as the more romantic canon relationship between Kyon & Mikuru (even if it's kind of superficial, it seems clear to me that Kyon and Mikuru are both interested in the other). But I have to admit he could still be upset that this relationship is stronger than his own relationship with Kyonko.

There's no hard feelings I hope; I'm not going to apologize for being passionate about this and neither should you (it's the fuel that keeps this project going), but I hope I haven't been riling you up too much .

/edit/ Ack, then you edited your post, and now I want to poke at it some more...I ought to resist but I can't
Spoiler for sorry, i can't help myself:

/edit2/ Gonna add one more thing, just to show I'm sincere about being willing to work with Kogetsu
Spoiler for working with the Mitsuru angle:

Last edited by walviss; 2008-04-13 at 08:12. Reason: because I have no self control, and again for olive branch
walviss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 07:53   Link #8051
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

I wish you would've put that up about three minutes sooner

Another thing, it feels really odd to be referred to as "Kogetsu Shirogane," so feel free to drop one of the names.
(For reference purposes, my screen name is written in Western order.)
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2008-04-13, 08:51   Link #8052
NightFoxXIII

Spoiler for Kyon and Kyonko big images:

Anyone have more of these epic comics?
NightFoxXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 09:10   Link #8053
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Well, if there aren't any you haven't seen in this or the image thread, I wouldn't know about any more comics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walviss View Post
Spoiler for working with the Mitsuru angle:
Well, considering the fact that we're trying to get a reaction out of Kyonko that would make Haruki want to hit the big reset button on the world, I think that probably would be the most elegant way of handling things
Old 2008-04-13, 09:27   Link #8054
Jintor

Have we any god-damn consensus about the whole Asakura rape thing?

Personally I think it's out of character for Asakura and too damn traumatizing to Kyonko.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 09:46   Link #8055
Jintor

I'm going to freaking finish this editjob, even if it kills me.

Chapter Five, Part Four, GIIIIGAAAA EDDDITJOB BREEAAAAKKKEEERRRR!!!!!!

Spoiler for tl;dr:

tl;dr, I changed the bit where Asakura chops off Kyonko's hairband to imply less 'rape' but leave the 'hit on' joke intact. Because I reckon it's funnier and less traumatic that way.

Last edited by Jintor; 2008-04-16 at 20:39.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 12:17   Link #8056
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
I'm going to freaking finish this editjob, even if it kills me.

Chapter Five, Part Four, GIIIIGAAAA EDDDITJOB BREEAAAAKKKEEERRRR!!!!!!

*snip*

tl;dr, I changed the bit where Asakura chops off Kyonko's hairband to imply less 'rape' but leave the 'hit on' joke intact. Because I reckon it's funnier and less traumatic that way.
Having someone toy with you like that is still traumatic... which still allows me to use Aebliss's (?) ideas for later. (I think it was Aebliss...)

*sigh* Also, you got rid of my references to the prologue... How she starts praying for sudden supernatural powers... and then, when that doesn't work, she prays for a saviour, and then BAM, Nagato bursts in.

I thought that was well done...

Quote:
Actually, forget it. I'm going to speak my mind right now, otherwise this will end up getting even farther out of hand by the time I can collect myself.
I love it when people treat their opinions as fact.

Quote:
The very fact that so much setup has to be added into the story for a change that isn't even needed should be more than enough proof that this is a horrible idea.
Taniguchi(m) freaked out and ran away before Kyon could explain things. Taniguchi(f) has not only taken several pictures, but also calmly walks out while teasing Kyonko. Not to mention the fact that this turns her from being a friend to being an outright {female dog}.
Taniguchi(m) isn't that nice to Kyon either. Genderbending it, Taniguchi has been made into The Libby, and, as such, that is exactly the sort of thing she'd do.

Quote:
This also leads to another problem. If Kyonko doesn't find Mitsuru to be at least somewhat attractive, why would she even bother to keep the pictures of him in a maid outfit in the first place? We can't get rid of them, as they're used as the proof she needs that Mitsuru really is from the future.
Because the maid outfit CONSUMES ALL. And because he looks like an adorable little girl in it.

I like the Yuuki idea. Mitsuuru isn't enough of a threat, because Haruki KNOWS that Kyon-chan doesn't think of him like that, although he does know that Mitsuuru has feelings for Kyon-chan. He can't blame Kyon-chan for anything involving Mitsuuru.

With Yuuki, however, it's much easier.
Old 2008-04-13, 12:24   Link #8057
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Quote:
Having someone toy with you like that is still traumatic... which still allows me to use Aebliss's (?) ideas for later. (I think it was Aebliss...)
Yup, 'twas I! ^^ And may I say that I'm very curious how it's going to look? I liked your version of chapter 5, by the way. (See? I do read it ...)
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 12:31   Link #8058
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Yup, 'twas I! ^^ And may I say that I'm very curious how it's going to look? I liked your version of chapter 5, by the way. (See? I do read it ...)
I have NO idea...

I do know what I'm going to do with Adult Mitsuuru, though...

I'd actually like some consensus on the whole Yuuki thing before I begin. I want to do it, but if everyone is opposed to it I'll somehow figure out a legitimate way for Haruki to want to end the world. After all, Mitsuuru isn't enough of a threat or a reason.
Old 2008-04-13, 12:51   Link #8059
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
I have NO idea...

I do know what I'm going to do with Adult Mitsuuru, though...

I'd actually like some consensus on the whole Yuuki thing before I begin. I want to do it, but if everyone is opposed to it I'll somehow figure out a legitimate way for Haruki to want to end the world. After all, Mitsuuru isn't enough of a threat or a reason.
Well, I suppose I'm a bit biased, being a bit of a Yu(u)ki fan myself, but...I say go for it. ^^
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 12:56   Link #8060
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

Quote:
Because the maid outfit CONSUMES ALL. And because he looks like an adorable little girl in it.
So we unconditionally agreed that Kyon is a total effeminate-man-moe?

Spoiler for Off Topic:
Kagedanji is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan