AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-05-08, 01:41   Link #21
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
And sorry for rant. But really, people ranted about how Megaman and Sonic repeat themselves, and not Pokemon. I got a little annoyed.
I guess it's the same thing as with Dragon Quest. The kind of people who love the games LOVE the whole repetition thing.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 02:09   Link #22
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i miss the copying glitch, guess they dont have it anymore

i think glitches is what makes pokemon great. Back in Blue and Red, i did the level 100 glitch, couldn't really do the mew glitch (o well ), and to silver and gold, the copying glitch is awesome, cant really find a significant glitch in ruby, and they remove the surf glitch in diamond and pear in US, and i am not happy about
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 04:44   Link #23
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Nagging question: Why the HELL can't they just put in an epic storyline?
It would be sort of like giving Street Fighter an epic storyline and calling it a good game because of that or something.

Quote:
Can't trade (no one around me) --> Can't get Alakazam --> Me=Orz...
90% of what made the new games good is that nifty little feature that allows you to trade online. You can get an Alakazam in about 20 minutes with that (granted, it probably won't be a good one, but still...).

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 10:33   Link #24
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
At least explain to me why Red is a mute little emo in a dark mountain with L80+'s!

I stopped playing after GSC for that reason. Like...I was given an impression in the manga (yes, there is one following the game) that Red is this awesome guy, and then I had to deal with him and all he ever said to me was a bunch of ellipses. Talk about being dissed, man.
Well, there is a theory on that... On nico nico douga. Maybe that will help give you an explanation.

Anime=/=Manga=/=Game <--truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
90% of what made the new games good is that nifty little feature that allows you to trade online. You can get an Alakazam in about 20 minutes with that (granted, it probably won't be a good one, but still...).
Unfortunately, I don't really use the online trading thing or whatever it was...(´・ω・`)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 10:42   Link #25
DidCart

WHAT'S THE RELEASE DATE?! I'm making a countdown NOW!

I remember when I bought Pokemon Gold 2 days before my birthday and played it unstopping at my birthday party ignoring the guests other presents.

I'M ON THE HYPE for this one!
DidCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 13:20   Link #26
justsomeguy

I wish they would remake Crystal. I only play the third game in any set because it feels the most complete, instead of 50%.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 13:36   Link #27
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Yes! GSC were the best Pokemon games. The Pokemon were great and they had the best music of the games.
I swear, if they mess up the remixed Kanto music [or any of the music]....
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 14:45   Link #28
Ryuujin

Eh, most of what made GSC good were its new features (new types, breeding, time and date, etc.)... almost all of which were integrated into the franchise as a whole. All it's really got left now is "go back to semi-fucked-up Kanto"...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 15:28   Link #29
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Well, there is a theory on that... On nico nico douga. Maybe that will help give you an explanation.

Anime=/=Manga=/=Game <--truth

Unfortunately, I don't really use the online trading thing or whatever it was...(´・ω・`)
A link will be welcomed; I got tired of sifting through that place.

Like...it doesn't need a weird Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts storyline. Something like Fire Emblem would do perfectly fine. I just need valid motivations to go from one place to another.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 15:33   Link #30
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
Eh, most of what made GSC good were its new features (new types, breeding, time and date, etc.)... almost all of which were integrated into the franchise as a whole. All it's really got left now is "go back to semi-fucked-up Kanto"...
Not to disagree with you or anything, but I disagree completely.
GSC was, in my opinion, the highest point of the Pokemon games. The other games reached the 'too much of a good [?] thing' point.
Old 2009-05-08, 15:49   Link #31
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
A link will be welcomed; I got tired of sifting through that place.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2415712
Links to other stories are there, so by all means~

Not just Red, but he also talks about the Regis' meanings and the mansion in the forest and Natane, etc. They are all pretty interesting (especially the ones with Regis), though a couple or so was a bit... far-fetched or overdone for me.

Caution: Just theories

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Not to disagree with you or anything, but I disagree completely.
Eh...?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 16:13   Link #32
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

The addition of "Heart" and "Soul" really doesn't click with me, but apart from that I'm really excited. G/S has my favorite generation of Pokemon, and it was was all around my favorite Pokemon game way back when.
Tamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 18:33   Link #33
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Eh...?
I was bored. It doesn't mean anything in particular.
Old 2009-05-08, 20:56   Link #34
TubZzz
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to TubZzz
Gold and Silver are great games and to see remakes is even better... can't wait for these

one thing though... hope these don't get hammered with hacks and all that like pokesav... i would like to see these versions stay legit... i doubt it though :P
TubZzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 21:03   Link #35
TubZzz
*IT Support

the signs were obvious that this remake was going to happen...

Spoiler for Platinum:
Old 2009-05-08, 21:35   Link #36
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I play Pokemon now mainly for competitive battling and it's very addicting and I play for hours, but I am pretty happy that there is a GSC remake considering that my old Pokemon Gold battery is dead and won't save anymore and I lost my Pokemon Crystal..

I don't really care much about the story, but the Pokemon battles because they are involved with strategy and I do alot of effort value training and breeding.
Old 2009-05-08, 21:52   Link #37
TubZzz
*IT Support

i agree the battling is great... i got hooked to the series after playing Gold when i was younger... some of the battles can get brutal which is always fun :P
Old 2009-05-09, 04:45   Link #38
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Feel free to tell me when they finally decide to either 1) make a JRPG-worthy story, or 2) make a full 3D RPG game.
They already did.

They were the travesties known as Pokemon Colloseum and Pokemon XD the mention of which alone are enough to cause grown men to break into tears.
Old 2009-05-09, 07:17   Link #39
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Send a message via MSN to kiki_natsumi-chan
....Must make countdown for this. GSC was my favorite saga of the pokemon games! And I want to see Gold again. <3 He was so aweosme. : D
kiki_natsumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 09:38   Link #40
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Although I am really hyped up about Gold and Silver.

Something about Pokemon died.

Back in the day I was the true Pokemon master amongst my friends. I actually managed to finish my freaking Pokedex! I collected all 150 in the original (no Mew ), and then I collected all 251 in the Gold and Silver versions (traded with someone who had a Mew and Selebi then gave them back).

And now...it's just...impossible catch em all....

When Gold and Silver came out back in the day, it was still possible to complete my journey...but now it's just...no....

Nevertheless I'm still somewhat excited!

I still think they should just make an MMO Pokemon game for the Wii (or the next Wii since Wii's online is so pathetic). Where you can choose to start off in whatever region with the three different starters of each region. Then conquer the whole map.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nintendo, rpg