AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-01, 07:03   Link #41
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yea... once i got done with my first game i screwed around in NG+ and quit, Prob wont play again unless a event happens
Old 2011-11-01, 18:57   Link #42
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
I hate blighttown -_-
Would you like a shortcut through that mess?

Spoiler for Blighttown shortcut:

Everyone hates Blighttown. So I hope this is helpful. Although I wonder if you've made it through already?
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 01:14   Link #43
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
Would you like a shortcut through that mess?

Spoiler for Blighttown shortcut:

Everyone hates Blighttown. So I hope this is helpful. Although I wonder if you've made it through already?
I haven't had time to play because of work but I will this weekend I will try the shortcut.
Old 2011-11-02, 11:26   Link #44
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
I haven't had time to play because of work but I will this weekend I will try the shortcut.
Hopefully it'll help. The path is guarded by several dung giants, but you can just run past them. Apparently there is a bonfire around the water wheel but I couldn't for the life of me find it. If my explanation was subpar, I'm sorry. Though I'm almost positive there are youtube videos of it.
Old 2011-11-02, 12:24   Link #45
Animelover#1
Kouta...

For people who don't know, after killing the taurus demon, buy yourself a bow and about 100 arrows or so. Then shoot the tail off the drake on the bridge (by firing arrows from under the bridge) after about 50-60 arrows it should fall off, leaving you with the drake sword. 200 damage but no scaling, excellent starting weapon.

Also, If you chose thief class or master key at the start, you can go down new londo ruins, and open the gate to the valley of drakes without needing new londo key. Which basically leaves you with an awesome shield at the start, (after killing the "dead" drake) and the option of heading backwards to quelaags lair to skip out blighttown. However, since you won't have been leveling up much this may be harder than it sounds.

Another tip, a good weapon to succeed the drakesword is a lightning weapon. A ways into anor londo is a blacksmith who can make lightning weapons. Simply hand him a +10 weapon and pay him to change it into a lightning weapon. I personally upgraded the Iaito. Then level the lightning weapon as much as possible (+5 being the max).
Lightning weapons do not scale however so it's a good idea to start upgrading a different weapon before ending the game. (lightning is just easy and powerful with minimum start req.)

Having completed Demon's souls 20+ times and experimented with dark souls quite a bit, feel free to ask me any questions if you need it. I'm only too happy to help. However my knowledge on miracles is limited since I dislike using them, and I haven't really explored magic much on dark souls. I found fighting the capra demon with pure magic (which is what I had been training that account for) impossible, so gave up to play some of my other game.
Animelover#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 15:53   Link #46
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
The bonfire is to the left of the short cut (water wheel's path). Just follow along the left wall once you've reach the swamp; it's between the short path and the long path, in a little tunnel.
Ah.... I was missing in quite abit then. Thanks, I'll remember that whenever I go (read: forced) back to Blighttown. Not my first choice for a vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animelover#1 View Post
For people who don't know, after killing the taurus demon, buy yourself a bow and about 100 arrows or so. Then shoot the tail off the drake on the bridge (by firing arrows from under the bridge) after about 50-60 arrows it should fall off, leaving you with the drake sword. 200 damage but no scaling, excellent starting weapon.
Oh-ho, so the master key does unlock named doors. I only figured it was for a select amount of doors. Proven wrong but this'll help if I ever decide to go dex build with thief. I vastly prefer black firebomb as my starting gift. It made the capra demon fight much less aggravating.

Also, on the hellkite; pre-patch you could shoot it on a certain spot and that'd instantly kill it along with it dropping the drake sword. Though yes, the drake sword is defnitely epic. Though its quickly made obsolete if you're lucky enough to get a black knight sword. Which can dish up 250+ slash without being upgraded.

Also, the lightning weaponry doesn't have any stat scaling BUT alot of enemies are weak to it, albeit most of the enemies in Anor Londo are resistant to it. You also get a lightning spear at Sen's Fortress if you kill the mimic so you could always have that upgraded instead.

Also its a pleasure to meet someone else from Demon's Souls.

Last edited by Stiletto; 2011-11-02 at 15:54. Reason: typo'd
Old 2012-01-14, 06:52   Link #47
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

bit late but maybe this something you interested

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...k-souls-on-pc/

it already 72K and attract namco attention

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...cos-attention/

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 20:30   Link #48
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I've been really addicted to this game for the past few weeks. I didn't even put myself down as the type of guy who'd like it, I usually play more narrative type RPGs (think Bioware), so it was quite a pleasant change.

I have to agree with earlier (3 month old...) posters in saying that Blight town is hell... I mean, you can fall down at any moment, the enemies are strong, and there's those zombie things that can start EATING you! I got through it in the end though ... eventually.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 01:59   Link #49
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Blighttown was by far the worst area for me as well. Once you get the Shadow Set, poison resistance is high enough that you can stand two shots from a blowdart sniper and make it out okay. It was invaluable to say the least.

I've been playing NG+ and have been doing more PvP (didn't do any in first playthrough until the last level).
Old 2012-01-15, 08:18   Link #50
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Blighttown was by far the worst area for me as well. Once you get the Shadow Set, poison resistance is high enough that you can stand two shots from a blowdart sniper and make it out okay. It was invaluable to say the least.

I've been playing NG+ and have been doing more PvP (didn't do any in first playthrough until the last level).
The Pyromancer "tattered" set is even better at increasing poison resistance.

As for me, I just learned off all the blowdart locations and gradually picked them off, luckily they don't regenerate. I had greater difficulty with the giants. At the time I didn't know about backstabbing .

Completing Blighttown is worth it though, there's some decent items there, the Eagle Shield and Iaito for instance. The Eagle Shield rocks. Practically as good as any other heavy shield, but less then half the weight.

Last edited by DonQuigleone; 2012-01-15 at 09:34.
Old 2012-01-15, 14:28   Link #51
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
The Pyromancer "tattered" set is even better at increasing poison resistance.

As for me, I just learned off all the blowdart locations and gradually picked them off, luckily they don't regenerate. I had greater difficulty with the giants. At the time I didn't know about backstabbing .

Completing Blighttown is worth it though, there's some decent items there, the Eagle Shield and Iaito for instance. The Eagle Shield rocks. Practically as good as any other heavy shield, but less then half the weight.
Funny, I didn't start using backstabbing until I came to the giants.

I made the mistake of trying to go through the Demon Ruins right after Blighttown, not quite sure of where to go. The cutscene just didn't register to me that I need to go to Sen's Fortress.

Eagle Shield is half the weight?!
Well, I might use it depending on its stats. I'm currently using a Black Knight Shield +4, so there isn't much that's stronger.
Old 2012-01-15, 22:28   Link #52
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Funny, I didn't start using backstabbing until I came to the giants.

I made the mistake of trying to go through the Demon Ruins right after Blighttown, not quite sure of where to go. The cutscene just didn't register to me that I need to go to Sen's Fortress.
I learned backstabbing on the snake guys in Sen's fortress :P . Speaking of which, Sen's fortress was another hellish experience! Dodging all those blades... Didn't feel as cheap as Blighttown though.

Quote:
Eagle Shield is half the weight?!
Well, I might use it depending on its stats. I'm currently using a Black Knight Shield +4, so there isn't much that's stronger.
Eagle shield weighs 6 lbs, which is half the next highest greatshield, the tower shield. It has a base stability value of 70, the average Greatshield having ~75-85 stability, but being 2 or 3 times heavier, and requiring a much higher strength score. The Eagle Shield weighs 6lbs, and requires 16 Strength, while pretty much every other Greatshield requires ~35 strength and weighs 16-25 lbs

The shield you're using a medium shield though. That's fine, but certain heavy attacks go through it. With a heavy "greatshield", No attacks can get through. You can block all attacks. You lose the ability to parry though.

The eagle shield is probably the worst greatshield, but it has by far the lowest stat requirements. If you don't have a strength build, but still want to get the defensive potential of a greatshield, use the eagle shield. Higher stability (you lose less stamina when hit), and blocks all physical attacks. What more could you want?

If you're a strength character, there are probably better choices though, like the Greatshield of Artorias or Havel's shield.

You can see a summary of all the game's shield's here.
Old 2012-01-16, 01:49   Link #53
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I actually got through Sen's Fortress in one shot. It was surprisingly straight-forward for me.

I'm actually working on my builds Endurance so that I can wear Ornstien armor, a BK Halberd, and the Greashield of Artorias. I'm using Havel's Ring and the Darkwood Grain Ring for obvious reasons, but my endurance isn't quite high enough to have the ninja-flip benefits with 50% weight burden and my prospective armaments.
Old 2012-01-16, 07:46   Link #54
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
I actually got through Sen's Fortress in one shot. It was surprisingly straight-forward for me.

I'm actually working on my builds Endurance so that I can wear Ornstien armor, a BK Halberd, and the Greashield of Artorias. I'm using Havel's Ring and the Darkwood Grain Ring for obvious reasons, but my endurance isn't quite high enough to have the ninja-flip benefits with 50% weight burden and my prospective armaments.
Ornstein armour is okay, but I don't think it's the best bang for your buck, I don't think you can upgrade it. Elite Knight armour is pretty good.

Then again, you might just be wearing it because it looks cool...
Old 2012-01-16, 10:45   Link #55
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

The Eagle Shield came in handy for me so many times it's ridiculous. Losing the ability to parry was a very small price to pay for the ability to fully block several devastating attacks, including Sif's double spin and Smough's hammer charge. I don't see myself switching away from a Greatshield ever again.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 12:40   Link #56
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Ornstein armour is okay, but I don't think it's the best bang for your buck, I don't think you can upgrade it. Elite Knight armour is pretty good.

Then again, you might just be wearing it because it looks cool...
Ornstein's armor is good against lightning kiddies and everything else is pretty subpar. It's the best armor to have statistically online since... well, you know, the whole 'moar lightning' thing. Black Knight armor though has to be one of the better armors, of course not excluding Havel's or Leeroy's set. Or the Giant's set. Though Havel's or the Giant's isn't something you catch me dead wearing.

I'm partial to the bronze armor though. Lady Darkling definitely has taste in armor, too bad I'm a greedy jerk that'll get whatever he want even if that means going against some gender confused boss and three shotting Lady Darkling.

Elite knight armor is only really good once you've leveled it up enough times. It has similar stats to the knights armor, which is only relatively good. I think considering how early you can get it though, it's definitely one of the better ones thanks to the poise it gives.
Old 2012-01-17, 13:01   Link #57
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Myself, I'm using a mixture. Using the elite Knight armor for the chest, sorcerer gloves, gargoyle helm and crimson waistcloth for the legs.

Each of those are fairly decent, and I stay under the 50% weight limit. Crimson waistcloth is particularly good when it comes to weight.
Old 2012-02-07, 22:27   Link #58
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Hey, guys. I got a question. Does Divine do damage to undead only? Or does it affect evreything (similarly like fire/lightning is additive to damage)?

I want to make an Oscar of Astora build (vit/faith) but I've never made a faith build. In fact magic is something pretty new to me despite my seniority of From Software's soul series.

Let me rephrase it. If I did a 100 physical damage, with 50 points in divine/blessed damage, would that culminate on all enemies or would it only be 150 damage against skeleton? Does divine also affect hollows?

I feel so dumb. Dammit.

Quote:
Myself, I'm using a mixture. Using the elite Knight armor for the chest, sorcerer gloves, gargoyle helm and crimson waistcloth for the legs.

Each of those are fairly decent, and I stay under the 50% weight limit. Crimson waistcloth is particularly good when it comes to weight.
I prefer the brass armor set. It has overall good defense (though pretty lackluster in strike defense) and its pretty light. I just wish I didn't have to break my favorite convenant in order to get it.
Old 2012-02-08, 04:11   Link #59
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
Hey, guys. I got a question. Does Divine do damage to undead only? Or does it affect evreything (similarly like fire/lightning is additive to damage)?

I want to make an Oscar of Astora build (vit/faith) but I've never made a faith build. In fact magic is something pretty new to me despite my seniority of From Software's soul series.

Let me rephrase it. If I did a 100 physical damage, with 50 points in divine/blessed damage, would that culminate on all enemies or would it only be 150 damage against skeleton? Does divine also affect hollows?

I feel so dumb. Dammit.
I'm not sure, but as far as I'm aware, almost every enemy in the game is undead anyway, so even if it only effects undead, you'd still be in good shape.

You also have the option of using occult weapons. From what I've read, there isn't a whole lot of difference, but I think it's a very murky area.

Faith has other benefits, you can get lightning bolt spells, and lightning damage is pretty universally effective. So it's definitely a viable build anyway.

I'm not sure if pouring stat points into Vitality is worth it though, once you have enough Vitality to be able to heal 1/2-2/3 your health from your estus flask (and not more), more vitality isn't useful. Why not endurance or strength instead?

Quote:
I prefer the brass armor set. It has overall good defense (though pretty lackluster in strike defense) and its pretty light. I just wish I didn't have to break my favorite convenant in order to get it.
I've switched my help to the paladin helm, and my gloves to the paladin gloves, I'm still searching for a better bottom armor though.
Old 2012-02-08, 11:03   Link #60
Asuras
Dictadere~!

So, I've finally made it to the Kiln of the First Flame on NG+, only to find absolutely no pvp going on in the area. I seriously sadfaced, but ill have to try again I guess. I went Dragon Covenant this time, so ill have to pray others actually want to be invaded.

Tags
demon's souls sequel, from software, king's field sequel