AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-07, 16:26   Link #901
SunnyPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Tamako Market 05 - Tweet, Tweet

The gag of Dera being chased by animals actually changed my perspective of the show. It's not just something in the K-ON! vein (though it's clear it takes a few notes from there, too), but if one wished, this show could be interpreted as a sort of take on Ika Musume. The business is one of many and the invader is more benevolent and less human, but the feelings of family and community are the same for both. Not a whole lot for me to say this week, but I'm throwing my support to Midori. But even more support in general for Kanna, the most mathematical character of the season. The way she was looking at that fire suggests that her worldview may be the most observant out of anybody here. I like that Shiori has become a member of the main cast so quickly, and the girls' summer uniforms are pretty cute. Lots of pink going on there.
I totally agree. I don't know why but I find her hilarious. xD Her voice is super cute too. I'm also leaning a little bit towards Midori's side. Go Midori! (Sorry Mochizou :c)
SunnyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 17:42   Link #902
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Aghh...Screw Mochizou. He's just another generic guy in the anime that cannot confess nor be closer and friendly towards girls.

On the other hand...Kana is kinda of a sadist here pinching Tamakot's nose while sleeping and saying she's drowning and with that look. Shiori here without glasses is just adorable and I think she likes to eat, she always say "looks delicious". Found it Surprising Derra is actually very mature, not until the comedic animal case scenes.

Good developments in this episode. Now Iam awaiting those 2 characters that haven't shown up to the show.
Old 2013-02-07, 17:49   Link #903
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Aghh...Screw Mochizou. He's just another generic guy in the anime that cannot confess nor be closer and friendly towards girls.
If you somehow changed reality and erased the earlier episodes then maybe your words have validity.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 17:54   Link #904
homurabu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You realized the irony of this statement is that Midori is doing the exact same thing?
how come? she just hangs out with Tamako like normal friends, not letting her feelings getting too much in the way. i haven't seen her doing nothing while waiting for Tamako to notice her so i don't see how this is true, really.
homurabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 17:56   Link #905
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by homurabu View Post
how come? she just hangs out with Tamako like normal friends, not letting her feelings getting too much in the way. i haven't seen her doing nothing while waiting for Tamako to notice her so i don't see how this is true, really.
That is call doing nothing.

Unless you're telling me she just wants to stay as friends forever.
Old 2013-02-07, 18:03   Link #906
homurabu

Quote:
That is call doing nothing.

Unless you're telling me she just wants to stay as friends forever.
you do know how clueless Tamako is about love, right? pushing things won't make it any better.
and i didn't mean that Mochizou not being able to confess to Tamako is pathetic. at the beginning of the episode, he didn't have anything to do so he keep looking at her house. then he turned down her offer to go to the pool with the girls, while he clearly wanted to. i mean why can't he just accept it and go hang out with her normally? you know how dense the girl is, so it's not gonna be easy to confess your feelings to her. just go out and have fun with the one you love, man.
Old 2013-02-07, 18:07   Link #907
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
you do know how clueless Tamako is about love, right? pushing things won't make it any better.
and i didn't mean that Mochizou not being able to confess to Tamako is pathetic. at the beginning of the episode, he didn't have anything to do so he keep looking at her house. then he turned down her offer to go to the pool with the girls, while he clearly wanted to. i mean why can't he just accept it and go hang out with her normally? you know how dense the girl is, so it's not gonna be easy to confess your feelings to her. just go out and have fun with the one you love, you know.

I don't think you realized how awkward it is for one guy to hang out with three-four girls his age, especially at a place like a swimming pool.

It might be fine for a harem series where such things are a norm, but realistically speaking most guys would probably pass on that.
Old 2013-02-07, 18:25   Link #908
homurabu

Quote:
I don't think you realized how awkward it is for one guy to hang out with three-four girls his age, especially at a place like a swimming pool.

It might be fine for a harem series where such things are a norm, but realistically speaking most guys would probably pass on that.
i don't really think it's that awkward since my friends do that to but hey, maybe that's just them. nevertheless, i think it's fine. i never go swimming anyways.

and because later he regretted it so i think it's pathetic, because imo, it's fine if he go with them.
Old 2013-02-07, 18:26   Link #909
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
If you somehow changed reality and erased the earlier episodes then maybe your words have validity.
Only in one episode when they did a commercial and that's it. Next episodes he's becoming another generic guy. Not unless they pull something for him in later episodes.

Which reminded me. A friend of mine in college has an over protective friend, his own boyfriend can't even get to talk to her whenever she's there.
Old 2013-02-07, 18:43   Link #910
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
i don't really think it's that awkward since my friends do that to but hey, maybe that's just them. nevertheless, i think it's fine. i never go swimming anyways.

and because later he regretted it so i think it's pathetic, because imo, it's fine if he go with them.
I guess that's another difference between east and west; we tend to be more self-conscious about these things.

It's not unheard of, just requires someone with particularly thick skin.

Quote:
Only in one episode when they did a commercial and that's it. Next episodes he's becoming another generic guy. Not unless they pull something for him in later episodes.
Considering what the focus is on the other episodes, is that a fair comparison?
Old 2013-02-07, 18:53   Link #911
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Yeah since there is only one episode he interacted with 3 girls.
I'm just waiting for KyoAni and the writers to pull a Derra out of their hat and make Mochizou a more interesting character after this episode, he's more of generic guy in an anime on my book, but who knows in later episodes, he might do something that might give his character boost just a childhood friend.
Old 2013-02-07, 18:54   Link #912
homurabu

Quote:
I guess that's another difference between east and west; we tend to be more self-conscious about these things.

It's not unheard of, just requires someone with particularly thick skin.

i guess. anyways, it's a matter of opinion.

i think it would be better if they show more of a Mochizou who doesn't always get flustered around Tamako and acts like a normal friend, despite having a crush on her. that's why i prefer episode 2 Mochizou to the normal Mochizou. and i guess that's also why i prefer Midori to him, because she doesn't always get her feelings get in the way. i mean i ship Midori x Tamako a lot but it's better to see moments of them interacting like cute friends while Midori still crushing on Tamako than seeing her keeps on going doki doki over Tamako all the time, and partly because i like girl x girl shipping better. it's what makes the show great anyways; the warm, fluffy feeling.

Quote:
Yeah since there is only one episode he interacted with 3 girls.
I'm just waiting for KyoAni and the writers to pull a Derra out of their hat and make Mochizou a more interesting character after this episode, he's more of generic guy in an anime on my book, but who knows in later episodes, he might do something that might give his character boost just a childhood friend.
same here. i hope the conversation with Dera and with Midori's encouragement, he would at least intereact with her normally like how friends do. because i don't really like the current Mochizou. it kinda turns me off tbh.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-02-09 at 05:37. Reason: please edit rather than double-posting
Old 2013-02-07, 19:01   Link #913
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
same here. i hope the conversation with Dera and with Midori's encouragement, he would at least intereact with her normally like how friends do. because i don't really like the current Mochizou. it kinda turns me off tbh.
^This.

That's why Iam looking forward to more of his character development later. But if this continues like this, well he's just the childhood friend.
Old 2013-02-07, 19:12   Link #914
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
i guess. anyways, it's a matter of opinion.
Opinions is one thing, but considering the characters in this show are Japanese, is it fair to be using western mindset on them?

Quote:
i think it would be better if they show more of a Mochizou who doesn't always get flustered around Tamako and acts like a normal friend, despite having a crush on her. that's why i prefer episode 2 Mochizou to the normal Mochizou. and i guess that's also why i prefer Midori to him, because she doesn't always get her feelings get in the way. i mean i ship Midori x Tamako a lot but it's better to see moments of them interacting like cute friends while Midori still crushing on Tamako than seeing her keeps on going doki doki over Tamako all the time, and partly because i like girl x girl shipping better. it's what makes the show great anyways; the warm, fluffy feeling.
Isn't that mostly because Midori isn't trying to change their relationship into anything else?

Essentially you're saying it's better to not pursuit your feelings?
Old 2013-02-07, 19:15   Link #915
homurabu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyPanda View Post
I totally agree. I don't know why but I find her hilarious. xD Her voice is super cute too. I'm also leaning a little bit towards Midori's side. Go Midori! (Sorry Mochizou :c)
me too. i really like Midori and Kanna's voice. also, Dera's voice is just win. and i'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks the scene where Midori shuts the window on Dera is funny. many people hated it and said nasty things about her *i swear some Mochizou/OojiTama fans there scares me*. and yes, go Midori-chan!

Quote:
Opinions is one thing, but considering the characters in this show are Japanese, is it fair to be using western mindset on them?

Isn't that mostly because Midori isn't trying to change their relationship into anything else?

Essentially you're saying it's better to not pursuit your feelings?

it's funny because i am an Asian. i'm just studying abroad in the States.

and you do realize how her feelings is considered 'forbidden' or something like that in Japan right? *i swear i really dislike that term. love is love man.* and once again, Tamako is still dense as ever.

no, she definitly should. i mean, i think it's better to show how they interact with each other as friends too, not just how one of them go doki doki about the other all the time. same with Mochizou. that's why i said episode 2 Mochizou is nice to see, and better than the current one. you've completely misunderstood me there.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-02-09 at 05:38. Reason: Please edit rather than double-posting
Old 2013-02-07, 19:29   Link #916
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well for one reason why it's not going there, because this is not a love story with conflict, it's a slice of life anime where everyone gets along fine with each other with their daily lives, until the next event/character development comes along. Ep.6 seems all of the elders will be part of the story.
Old 2013-02-07, 19:30   Link #917
LC
Shocking Pink

Maybe I'm blinded by my fangirling, but I just can't see how Mochizou has acted any differently than before. Of course, he's going to be more flustered than episode 2. All of his screen time was spent discussing his feelings for Tamako pretty much. If I were in the same place, I wouldn't want to confess and I'd deny it just like him. It's not easy to be open about your feelings (see: Midori as well).

Midori, on the other hand, I don't like for sabotaging Mochizou's letter. She knows Mochizou is Tamako's best guy friend; it's not her place at all to "protect" her from him or decide what Tamako's feelings are. Possessiveness is not cute, and she wasn't a good friend this episode. I can't imagine all the hate that Mochizou would receive if the roles were reversed.
Old 2013-02-07, 19:33   Link #918
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
it's funny because i am an Asian. i'm just studying abroad in the States.
Then I'm assuming that friend you mentioned earlier was.... ?

Quote:
and you do realize how her feelings is considered 'forbidden' or something like that in Japan right? *i swear i really dislike that term. love is love man.* and once again, Tamako is still dense as ever.
Technically it's 'forbidden' in a lot of other places as well but yes.

But still, if you're of the opinion that love is love, as do a number of characters on the show, then it shouldn't matter...

Quote:
no, she definitly should. i mean, i think it's better to show how they interact with each other as friends too, not just how one of them go doki doki about the other all the time. same with Mochizou. that's why i said episode 2 Mochizou is nice to see, and better than the current one. you've completely misunderstood me there.
Hmm I guess I did- my bad
Old 2013-02-07, 19:38   Link #919
Aquifina

Quote:
I really don't think Mochizou normally acts as flustered with Tamako as he does in this ep. He even teases Tamako a bit when she's yelling slogans to sell mochi, and it's clear they were close when they were younger (and when he wasn't so self-conscious). He's obviously helped her with swimming in the past, and he's familiar with the potential downsides to her general airheadedness--even though he probably finds it more endearing than anything else. The Mochizou we saw filming the commercial strikes me as more his "normal" self. As Dera puts it, his heart is boiling over from the season, and he's a bit overwhelmed.

While I normally dislike indecisive male characters in anime, I'll cut Mochizou some slack here. It seems fairly certain his confession would probably go nowhere at this point; Tamako would probably be mystified by it. I don't think it would really cause any sort of serious problem; it wouldn't be like a rejection, and they would still be friends, but it would be a lot of unnecessary awkwardness (mostly for him). Conceding defeat to Midori so easily is harder to excuse, but the reality is she has the advantage of being one of Tamako's female friends, making their regular interaction less socially awkward (however one wants to interpret the real meaning of Midori's feelings). Like other posters, I think some commentators are using too much of a western lens that emphasizes decisiveness in these sorts of situations.

This series obviously wants to avoid real romantic conflict, and the open ending with Midori and Mochizou coming to an understanding with each other, but maintaining the status quo with Tamako seemed to strike the right tone. I wouldn't be surprised if that's how the series ends, but I do want to see another episode where we see Mochizou as less a lovestruck and shy teenage boy, but someone with dreams and goals of his own.
Aquifina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 19:42   Link #920
homurabu

Quote:
Well for one reason why it's not going there, because this is not a love story with conflict, it's a slice of life anime where everyone gets along fine with each other with their daily lives, until the next event/character development comes along. Ep.6 seems all of the elders will be part of the story.
yeah. i can see both Midori and Mochizou's feelings will never really reach the dense Tamako and they'll all be friends in the end. but hey, that's the slice of life genre for you.

i'm looking forward to episode 6. the people at Tamako's shopping district are always so lovely, and because i see that the girl from's Dera's country is coming.

Quote:
Then I'm assuming that friend you mentioned earlier was.... ?

Technically it's 'forbidden' in a lot of other places as well but yes.

But still, if you're of the opinion that love is love, as do a number of characters on the show, then it shouldn't matter...
yes, they are Asians.

well, i've never see anyone from other countries call it 'forbidden love' other than Japan. they seems to used that term a lot there.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-02-08 at 02:22. Reason: Please use the "edit" button to add content to your post instead of double posting.

Tags
comedy, seinen