AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2013-11-04, 16:59   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Log Horizon - Q & A

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Log Horizon anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Log Horizon which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 14:26   Link #2
Ray
Garnet

I've a few questions for anyone familiar with the source material:

1. Out of how many novels are currently out, how many have been translated into English?

2. I've heard many people refer to the 'novels' as 'lightnovels'. Does that have to do with the page/word count or the inclusion of illustrations?

3. Is the story still ongoing? I recall reading that it was originally a web novel (akin to SAO) before being published.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 14:34   Link #3
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayrah View Post

1. Out of how many novels are currently out, how many have been translated into English?
Vol2 is completely translated, vol3 is halfway done

Quote:
3. Is the story still ongoing? I recall reading that it was originally a web novel (akin to SAO) before being published.
it is still a web novel,
1-6 is available in LN form
vol7 was just release as a web novel.

there is also a bunch of Side stories.
Old 2013-11-08, 15:14   Link #4
Quol
That Guy

Quote:

2. I've heard many people refer to the 'novels' as 'lightnovels'. Does that have to do with the page/word count or the inclusion of illustrations?
Light Novel is a Japanese term for books that are typically targeted for youths, they have less pages than novels (Novella is the American term), they also have pictures.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 15:27   Link #5
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Vol2 is completely translated, vol3 is halfway done
Cool, I might give it a read later.

Quote:
it is still a web novel,
1-6 is available in LN form
vol7 was just release as a web novel.

there is also a bunch of Side stories.
Oh. That's kind of confusing.. Why didn't the author just release volume 7 as a LN? Funds? But I'm quite happy to hear that the story is still ongoing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
Light Novel is a Japanese term for books that are typically targeted for youths, they have less pages than novels (Novella is the American term), they also have pictures.
Aye, I'm aware of that. I was just expressing (poorly so, I guess) my confusion with how people are referring to the Log Horizon 'novels' as 'light novels'.

Thanks for the answers, I appreciate it.

I do have a few more questions, though..

1. Is the anime doing a good job (the best possible one, anyway) of adapting the source material?

2. Has anything transpired between Shiroe and Akatsuki thus far in the novels in terms of romance, or have other potential love interests made their appearance?
Old 2013-11-08, 15:36   Link #6
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Cool, I might give it a read later.

Oh. That's kind of confusing.. Why didn't the author just release volume 7 as a LN? Funds? But I'm quite happy to hear that the story is still ongoing.
LH has already been release as a Web Novel first. The publishing company will release the LN a bit later.

Quote:
1. Is the anime doing a good job (the best possible one, anyway) of adapting the source material?
As best as i can tell, It is doing a good job. however some info have been left out to due the number of monologue which is impossible to fit in the anime. Also censorship of blood and stuff.

Quote:
2. Has anything transpired between Shiroe and Akatsuki thus far in the novels in terms of romance, or have other potential love interests made their appearance?
Spoiler:
Old 2013-11-08, 16:00   Link #7
Quol
That Guy

Quote:
Spoiler for Romances:
The novel thread has more explanations about the girls.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 16:27   Link #8
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
LH has already been release as a Web Novel first. The publishing company will release the LN a bit later.
I see. So the story gets updated first as a web novel, then as a light novel?

Quote:
As best as i can tell, It is doing a good job. however some info have been left out to due the number of monologue which is impossible to fit in the anime. Also censorship of blood and stuff.
Ah, that's fine with me. I'll wait until the anime runs it's course before diving into the source material then.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
Spoiler for Romances:
The novel thread has more explanations about the girls.
Spoiler for response to 'romances':

Okay, that's all for now. Thanks peeps.
Old 2013-11-08, 16:47   Link #9
Xacual

Quote:
I see. So the story gets updated first as a web novel, then as a light novel?
Pretty much exactly, all the web novels for the first 6 volumes are still up too.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 20:17   Link #10
RobotCat
In a Box

Question: Are the players limited to one character per server (before the game got turned into reality)?
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 20:19   Link #11
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotCat View Post
Question: Are the players limited to one character per server (before the game got turned into reality)?
Nope, Shiroe actually has THREE alts (one of whom is a girl character), but the one he was using when the expansion hit was the one he got stuck in once Elder Tale went real.
Old 2013-11-09, 20:21   Link #12
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotCat View Post
the novel never said so directly but it is heavily implied.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Nope, Shiroe actually has THREE alts (one of whom is a girl character), but the one he was using when the expansion hit was the one he got stuck in once Elder Tale went real.
Spoiler:
Old 2013-11-09, 20:50   Link #13
tsunade666

Same server. Shiroe live in Japan so he plays in minato server. The local server of Japan.
Old 2013-11-09, 20:56   Link #14
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Same server. Shiroe live in Japan so he plays in minato server. The local server of Japan.
my mistake
Old 2013-11-09, 21:04   Link #15
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Do excretory bodily functions work in Elder Tales? (ie needs to go to the bath room, working sewers in towns)
Old 2013-11-09, 21:09   Link #16
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Do excretory bodily functions work in Elder Tales? (ie needs to go to the bath room, working sewers in towns)
yes, go re-watch ep1
Old 2013-11-09, 21:18   Link #17
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Quote:
my mistake
According to the manga it was the US server. I'm pretty sure that's the only place his other characters have shown up too.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 21:24   Link #18
tsunade666

I think the game originated in us but each country has their own local server. Or rather each of the 13 country has their own legalize server.
Old 2013-11-09, 21:35   Link #19
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
yes, go re-watch ep1
In that case, is there a plumber subclass? Because I don't recall anything like that in the class pic
Old 2013-11-09, 22:03   Link #20
blewin

so how many episodes altogether is it for this awesome anime?

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a