AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-01-30, 01:18   Link #21
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

The thread created to discuss "The new world" covers the Yonkou part (Yonkou was the main reason for its creation). This thread didn't receive a lot of attention, so I guess we can alter the title of the thread to invite discussion on both topics, the New World and Yonkou.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 02:18   Link #22
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
The thread created to discuss "The new world" covers the Yonkou part (Yonkou was the main reason for its creation). This thread didn't receive a lot of attention, so I guess we can alter the title of the thread to invite discussion on both topics, the New World and Yonkou.
I feel that combining the New World and Yonkou into one thread is a little too much. The New World itself is such a broad topic because there are going to be many story developments taking place there. The Yonkou itself is a more narrow topic, for we can talk about Shanks, Whitebeard, and the newly introduced member Kaidou. Considering the recent development regarding Ace's imprisonment in Impel Down and the subsequent chain of events that are sure to follow, we are probably going to get more insight on how the emperor's will react to such a turning point in the pirate era. It is for this reason that I feel that a Yonkou thread itself would be more ideal. Maybe we should make separate threads for both the New World and the Yonkou?
Old 2008-01-30, 03:18   Link #23
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

First, I highly recommend using spoiler tags. You are giving away very important *spoiler* information regarding the non-animated chapters.

Second, regarding the Yonkou and New world discussion, I suggested to the admin to change the title of the referred thread to cover both topics. For now, the level of discussion is not at the level to require the need to separate the discussions (I am sure, when, it reaches that level, the separation will invite itself). Also, soon, when we get details on the other Four Emperors, corresponding threads will be started, which may further reduce the discussions on that specific topic. I will leave my suggestion at that. But, don't fully count on me. If the admins think it would be a better idea to separate the threads, then, your suggestion might be realized earlier.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 03:22   Link #24
xris
Just call me Ojisan

For the moment, please use the General Discussion on The New World and Four Emperors [manga] thread. If need be we can create more specific discussion threads on separate topics (once we know what they may be).
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 13:44   Link #25
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
First, I highly recommend using spoiler tags. You are giving away very important *spoiler* information regarding the non-animated chapters.

Second, regarding the Yonkou and New world discussion, I suggested to the admin to change the title of the referred thread to cover both topics. For now, the level of discussion is not at the level to require the need to separate the discussions (I am sure, when, it reaches that level, the separation will invite itself). Also, soon, when we get details on the other Four Emperors, corresponding threads will be started, which may further reduce the discussions on that specific topic. I will leave my suggestion at that. But, don't fully count on me. If the admins think it would be a better idea to separate the threads, then, your suggestion might be realized earlier.
My apologies for not using the spoiler tags. I will be more careful from now on. Thank you Xris for taking Sazelyt's and my request into consideration.
Old 2008-02-12, 16:54   Link #26
Mon Cheri
nope
*Graphic Designer

One piece need a "ridiculous picture thread"!
I've searched a bit, and i only found a "image request thread". Ridiculous picture threads are fun
Mon Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 17:30   Link #27
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Thread created.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-14, 16:44   Link #28
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Can we please make a general discussion thread pertaining to the marines/navy? I felt that making such a thread would be appropriate considering that there are threads for the shichibukai and the four emperors. Thanks.
Old 2008-02-14, 17:43   Link #29
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Fair enough. Could someone create a decent opening post (here in this thread) to define the scope of such a Marines in One Piece thread. Should the topic also include the World Government?

I would assume that such a discussion thread would be [Manga] related.
Old 2008-02-14, 19:07   Link #30
Blackbeard D. Kuma

How about we call the title "General Discussion on the Marines/Navy thread (Manga)"? I think that the Marines/Navy alone would be a sufficiently detailed topic to discuss. However, if you wish to include the world government as well, I am fine with this. A change to the title of the thread would be necessary upon doing so.

As for an opening post, how about we discuss general information on the prominent members within this world power and then speculate on the roles that these characters will play throughout the story yet to come. I feel that lots of interesting discussion will take place concerning the opening post I provided. Let me know what you think. Thanks.
Old 2008-02-19, 12:31   Link #31
Fyria

Spoilers (most likely correct) are out, how about creating Chapter 489 spoiler thread?
Fyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 15:13   Link #32
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyria View Post
Spoilers (most likely correct) are out, how about creating Chapter 489 spoiler thread?
I've created the Manga discussion thread for Chapter 489.
Old 2008-02-21, 17:04   Link #33
Blackbeard D. Kuma

So xris, are we going to create a Navy/Marines thread (manga)?

Opening Post
As we all know, the marines is one of the three great world powers in the one piece universe. Amongst its vast repertoire of marine personnel, there is a hierarchal system of ranking in place. This hierarchal ranking system is as follows (from top to bottom of authority): Fleet Admiral, Admiral, Vice Admiral, Commodore, Captain, Commander, Lieutenant Commander, Lieutenant, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Ensign, Master Chief Petty Officer, Chief Petty Officer, and Seaman Recruit. Please note that I have taken this hierarchal information from wikipedia as a reference, so it takes credit. Regarding the marine personnel, every individual is bestowed a title of rank based on seniority, combat experience, and skill proficiency.

When comparing the marines to the other two great powers (shichibukai and yonkou), it is evident that the marines have the largest force. Its numbers far exceed those of the shichibukai and the yonkou. However, based on what we have seen so far, a lot of low level marines constitute the bulk of the marine force. The marines high caliber individuals basically comprise the ranks of Fleet admiral to Commodore. Now, considering Ace's imprisonment in Impel Down and Blackbeard successfully claiming the vacant warlord position, it is likely that the great incident foreshadowed at the end of Blackbeard's duel with Ace is going to come to fruition. It has been speculated by many of us fans that this is going to adversely affect all three of the world powers and create a big change in the one piece world. Having said this, most likely the Marines top ranked officials are all going to somehow be involved in this affair. So, the purpose of this thread is to speculate on what roles you think the high ranked officials in the Marines force are going to play in the story to come. When I talk about high ranked officials, I am talking about characters such as Sengoku the Buddha, Aokiji, and Garp. Anything else concerning the characters in the Marines force can also be talked about here. Have fun.
Old 2008-02-21, 17:12   Link #34
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
So xris, are we going to create a Navy/Marines thread (manga)?
As soon as someone creates a suitable opening post. Oh look, you've already done that

General Discussion on the Marines / Navy (Manga)
Old 2008-02-21, 17:32   Link #35
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
As soon as someone creates a suitable opening post. Oh look, you've already done that

General Discussion on the Marines / Navy (Manga)
Thank you very much xris.
Old 2008-02-26, 09:20   Link #36
Fyria

Chapter 490 spoilers are out, can you create Chapter 490 spoiler discussion threat
Old 2008-03-03, 16:49   Link #37
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

i dunno maybe just for fun could u put up a "what devil fruit would u choose to eat for real life. Maybe u wanna take over the world or just make life easier which devil fruit would u wanna eat?
sanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 16:52   Link #38
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Search under the keywords "devil fruit" and pick one of the several threads' covering the topic to post. Here is a very simple way to search effectively in case you already don't know about it.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 04:49   Link #39
Fyria

Chapter 491 spoilers are out, can you create Chapter 490 spoiler discussion threat?
Old 2008-03-11, 21:40   Link #40
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I was thinking that it would be better and more efficient to combine both the “Strongest Shichibukai?? spoilers” thread and “Discussion concerning the Shichibukai (Spoilers)” thread into one thread entitled "General Discussion on the Shichibukai (manga)". This way, anything regarding the shichibukai can be posted into this one proposed thread.