AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-09, 22:02   Link #41
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Yeah I wasn't expecting them to start from the beginning either. That's why recap episode were invented . Finally put one to good use. I really hope Yutaka Nakamura is involved with this anime. It's a shame seeing him use his godly talents just on Soul Eater (I haven't seen him in Xam'd or I must've missed it). But then again, Soul Eater will be finished by the time FMA airs, so fingers crossed.
Old 2009-01-11, 19:29   Link #42
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, Hellsing's OVA revisited some parts which were covered by the anime, so I guess the key is animation.
Old 2009-01-11, 21:30   Link #43
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Well since BONES is the same studio that did the first season and most of it would be practically the same, I have to say that I'm with duckroll on this. I don't really see any use redoing 24 episodes (or so). I'd rather watch a good recap episode or something.
Old 2009-01-12, 05:55   Link #44
reaper_unique

Just finished the the movie and I've been reading about FMA 2.
I've read that it will be a retelling, which I don't mind ofcourse, but the manga does go a whole different way, right?

So no leaving Winry behind ?
Old 2009-01-12, 14:02   Link #45
Avira
fanart-fan :D

Let's hope not. If I have to witness that one more time I swear I will hit my computer and scream as loud as I can.
Old 2009-01-12, 14:08   Link #46
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi
It's sad how things always ended for Winry. I feel like she was always getting the short end of the stick.
Old 2009-01-12, 16:58   Link #47
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_unique View Post
Just finished the the movie and I've been reading about FMA 2.
I've read that it will be a retelling, which I don't mind ofcourse, but the manga does go a whole different way, right?

So no leaving Winry behind ?
Winry's relationship with Ed is much more important in the manga. Also given comments made by the Elric brothers than most likely Ed does end up with Winry.
Old 2009-01-12, 21:07   Link #48
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfully Naomi View Post
It's sad how things always ended for Winry. I feel like she was always getting the short end of the stick.
That was part of the reason I hated CoS. I was practically yelling "WHAT ABOUT WINRY?!" as the movie ended. That and some bs about Earth being the alternate dimension.
Old 2009-01-12, 21:27   Link #49
Setsuna.F.Seiei
Gundam Meister

i m so excited!! Are they going to use the old seiyuu?
Old 2009-01-12, 21:32   Link #50
Setsuna.F.Seiei
Gundam Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
That was part of the reason I hated CoS. I was practically yelling "WHAT ABOUT WINRY?!" as the movie ended. That and some bs about Earth being the alternate dimension.
yah i hav the same expression as yours!!
Old 2009-01-12, 22:01   Link #51
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Exactly! I think that the ending was only supposed to be good from the Elric Brother's point on view. Making is a happy ending, but only for them. It was really just a shame to me, though. I was happy for them in the end, but it just didn't seem right.....
Old 2009-01-12, 22:19   Link #52
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfully Naomi View Post
Exactly! I think that the ending was only supposed to be good from the Elric Brother's point on view. Making is a happy ending, but only for them. It was really just a shame to me, though. I was happy for them in the end, but it just didn't seem right.....
Theirs a statement in the manga where Ed states that before he wanted to see Al smile, but now he wants to see everyone smile. Al and Ed then both talk about wanting to eat Winry's Apple Pie, which makes me believe that Ed will end up with Winry.
Old 2009-01-12, 23:10   Link #53
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
^You don't think it will? What else are they supposed to do? Please don't tell me they're going to continue where the movie left of. God forbid something like that happens. I'm really hoping for a manga adaptation.
I doubt it. I know a lot of peopl that never read the manga. If you didn't read the manga, you would be completely lost because the story is COMPLETELY different in the two mediums. If you've seen both of them, you should know what I mean.
Old 2009-01-12, 23:11   Link #54
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Theirs a statement in the manga where Ed states that before he wanted to see Al smile, but now he wants to see everyone smile. Al and Ed then both talk about wanting to eat Winry's Apple Pie, which makes me believe that Ed will end up with Winry.
That's part of the character development I wanted to see in the anime. Where Ed expands from one person to generally all of the people he cares for/knows (except Mustang, he probably wants to deep fry the Colonel in his own flames ), but in the end, he ends up doing the same thing as in the beginning of the series even if it was out of desperation/lack of alternatives at that point.
Old 2009-01-13, 07:27   Link #55
reaper_unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna.F.Seiei View Post
i m so excited!! Are they going to use the old seiyuu?
m not sure, it isn't clear:
Quote:
Kurau's Yasuhiro Irie confirmed to direct BONES' new studio for April debut

On Saturday, the February issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine published an interview in which Yasuhiro Irie confirmed that he is directing the new Fullmetal Alchemist anime series. The new television adaptation of Hiromu Arakawa's "dark fantasy" manga will premiere in Japan in April. Aniplex producer Ryo Oyama said that the production began on the series around last spring, and Irie added that the script for the 18th episode had been written as of December. Irie said that the project will be the first work by the BONES animation company's new D Studio and that the creators are still casting the voices. (BONES animated the previous 2003-2004 Fullmetal Alchemist anime series.)

Irie had previously directed Kurau: Phantom Memory, opening animation footage for the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime and Soul Eater, and episodes of Alien Nine and RahXephon. Hiroshi Ohnogi (Kekkaishi, Noein, Macross Zero) is supervising the scripts, while Hiroki Kanno (RahXephon, Yu Yu Hakusho The Movie: Poltergeist Report) is designing the characters. Akira Senju (Mobile Suit Victory Gundam, Red Garden, Rampo) is composing the music. Besides Oyama, MBS' Hiro Maruyama, Square Enix's Nobuyuki Kurashige, and BONES' Noritomo Yonai are producing.

The new television anime series was confirmed on the wraparound jacket band of the 20th volume of Hiromu Arakawa's Fullmetal Alchemist manga last August. However, a document, which contained with leaked information about animators who worked at BONES, had already mentioned the possibility of "Hagane 2" ("Iron/Fullmetal 2") and Irie's involvement in July. Viz Media published the 17th volume of the manga version in North America last October, while FUNimation Entertainment released both the first television series and its theatrical movie finale.
Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...taff-confirmed

what do they mean with xcasting the voices?
Old 2009-01-13, 18:21   Link #56
Charred Knight

Quote:

My assumption would be characters who didn't appear in the previous anime like Lin Yao, Lan Fan, and Olivier Mira Armstrong
Old 2009-01-13, 21:54   Link #57
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
My assumption would be characters who didn't appear in the previous anime like Lin Yao, Lan Fan, and Olivier Mira Armstrong
Or maybe some of the previous group of voice actors are not returning for a second round.

Is there any sources out there that says what the general outline of the story is going to be? I really want to know whther i can expect a continuation of the other TV series or a new series that follows the manga....
Old 2009-01-14, 00:36   Link #58
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Or maybe some of the previous group of voice actors are not returning for a second round.

Is there any sources out there that says what the general outline of the story is going to be? I really want to know whther i can expect a continuation of the other TV series or a new series that follows the manga....
It's based off of the manga

I don't understand why anyone would think it was a continuation of the previous series. Theirs no Alchemy so why would they make a sequel?

Fullmetal Normal Person?
Old 2009-01-14, 04:59   Link #59
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

^ XD!!

Requesting an edit into the FIRST post or title, even, to mention that the new series will be a REMAKE, following CLOSER TO THE MANGA. to end pple continously asking if it's a sequel or remake.
Old 2009-01-14, 23:08   Link #60
Setsuna.F.Seiei
Gundam Meister

Quote:

i don get it!
especially the last paragraph!!

can anyone sort of simplify it for me?
Closed Thread