AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 110 53.14%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 57 27.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 7.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 8.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.93%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.97%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-04, 02:05   Link #101
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

cmon am I the only one who lold like an idiot when Yuki "opened" the fence in the beginning?
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2009-09-04, 02:19   Link #102
OkamiNoKaze

What an episode, it was great. I agree, it was the thinking Mikuru was her toy, more then the twacking with the megaphone that was getting to Kyon. I also agree it was a slow boil of things covering the Sigh story until now. I liked the almost ponytail, and another Mikuru beam, And they cut it mid sentence again.
Old 2009-09-04, 02:40   Link #103
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

The best episode of second season so far, in my opinion. Kudos to Sugita Tomokazu, for the best 'kuso' i've heard in ages, which pushed my rating of this episode to ten. Angry Kyon is awesome (lol). The Kyon vs Haruhi conflict was pretty intense too, which the bgm helped set up the mood, and whole scene was done well, I thought. I'm hoping for one more episode of Sigh? We haven't seen the cat yet and all... but there was no opening and stuff, so I'm uncertain. (if the answer was stated already in previous thread, please excuse me; about to fall asleep atm)
Old 2009-09-04, 03:17   Link #104
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Kyon... you have lost some points in my book... I know you were mad... but that punch... you raised your fist like a little girl...

Still, overall, the best episode so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
So that was amazake Mikuru was drunk with.
Little kids drink this in Japan... how the hell do you get drunk off this candy like sh*t? Still, I guess it's better than cutting the scene entirely.
Old 2009-09-04, 03:27   Link #105
Jintor

Episode is amazing.

Tomokazu Sugita is amazing.

Tsuruya is amazing.

Haruhi is amazing.

Epic Kyon self-realisation moment is amazing.

OMG LOL HALFPONYTAIL.
Old 2009-09-04, 03:35   Link #106
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

For future reference this...is not how you throw a punch.
Spoiler for Kyonpunch...:

This is how you throw a punch!!!
Old 2009-09-04, 03:36   Link #107
Jintor

I don't think Kyon was going to freaking slug Haruhi. The idea of him striking her is bad enough.

/edit When Kyon barged through the door and Haruhi was mucking with her hair I thought I was going to heartburst right there
Old 2009-09-04, 04:01   Link #108
gonzo562

great episode go kyon
Old 2009-09-04, 04:05   Link #109
sacundim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
Little kids drink this in Japan... how the hell do you get drunk off this candy like sh*t?
I don't think anybody's gonna like this explanation, but...
Spoiler for you're not going to believe this:
Old 2009-09-04, 04:18   Link #110
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacundim View Post
I don't think anybody's gonna like this explanation, but...
Spoiler for you're not going to believe this:
Oh, I totally lost focus there... so instead of the tequila they actually used in the LN... they censor it with amazake and used Haruhi's reality bending abilities to weasel their way out of it... touche KyoAni, nicely played.
Old 2009-09-04, 04:23   Link #111
Airman8
Helvetica Standard

Dayamn, now that's what we've all been waiting for!

I melted a bit during the scene when Kyon barged through the door and saw Haruhi putting her hair up.

They did a great job with this episode. It justifies the quiet and slower buildup over the previous episodes in the arc.
Old 2009-09-04, 04:24   Link #112
thermopyle

Perhaps the sole Haruhi episode I've actually enjoyed watching this season. Sure, seeing a sexy thang being played around with like property is scolding worthy but physical violence? Naah, not when it'll cause BOOM. 9/10.
Old 2009-09-04, 04:57   Link #113
Akka

I was quite frustrated by this ep.
Good quality overall, but...

KYON, YOU HAVE TWO HANDS ! If this idiot Koizumi hold one, PUNCH THE BITCH WITH THE OTHER !

I'm a bit irritated by how Haruhi plays the Karma Houdini. She treats people like objects and doesn't care at all about their well-being, and when she's about to learn her lesson, bing, she's protected from consequences by her God-situation - or by Kyon being a bit too quick to forgive her.

She's definitely a huge bitch
Old 2009-09-04, 05:13   Link #114
Airman8
Helvetica Standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
I was quite frustrated by this ep.
Good quality overall, but...

KYON, YOU HAVE TWO HANDS ! If this idiot Koizumi hold one, PUNCH THE BITCH WITH THE OTHER !

I'm a bit irritated by how Haruhi plays the Karma Houdini. She treats people like objects and doesn't care at all about their well-being, and when she's about to learn her lesson, bing, she's protected from consequences by her God-situation - or by Kyon being a bit too quick to forgive her.

She's definitely a huge bitch
haha, I love the emphasis you added to that. I think a lot of people would agree the Kyon should have brought out the south paw...

But, I thought this episode nailed the scene that really meant the most -when Haruhi saw that her treatment of other people had real consequences, and Kyon finally taking a stand. This is a good start to Haruhi realizing she can't just manipulate people. Someone here said Kyon needed this after being emasculated in E8. I couldn't agree more.

But it was handled well. Haruhi looked more sympathetic in this episode than at any other time in the series. When she saw that Kyon was willing to turn his back on her it really shook her. The scene with Taniguchi and Kunikida was absolutely priceless. Such good support characters to bring it down to earth that way.

I gave this episode a 9. I should have given it a 10. There was a great deal of subtlety and it paid off in spades. For the first time this season they delivered some fantastic storytelling and tapped into the essence of what this series is really all about. I liked BLR and parts of E8, but this takes the cake.

Next up, we have to find a cat...
Old 2009-09-04, 05:18   Link #115
zriL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
I think he is too far to do that, Koizumi also prevent him from moving forward.
Old 2009-09-04, 05:32   Link #116
Akka

Quote:
Originally Posted by zriL View Post
I think he is too far to do that, Koizumi also prevent him from moving forward.
Use your legs then ! HIGH-KICK TO THE FACE !
Old 2009-09-04, 05:34   Link #117
taishi363
otaku

awesome episode. it's nice for the endless eight to be finally over. i kinda got sad at the end though. once she said she wanted a cat, the ED started going. i was like, NO I WANNA SEE SHAMISEN! its torture for me . then again, i want this to be over so it can start the Disappearance.

btw, i wish kyon came into the room later so he can catch haruhi in a ponytail. it wouldve been a great scene to watch
Old 2009-09-04, 05:34   Link #118
Forever
Revealing the truth

Got a feeling koizumi is actually using his powers to restrain kyon.

I almost wished that punch had landed, though a slap will be more sufficient. And I do feel that haruhi got let off too easily as well.
Old 2009-09-04, 05:36   Link #119
taishi363
otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Got a feeling koizumi is actually using his powers to restrain kyon.

I almost wished that punch had landed, though a slap will be more sufficient. And I do feel that haruhi got let off too easily as well.
i agree, but can you imagine if kyon really did hit haruhi? wow, think of the responses
Old 2009-09-04, 07:00   Link #120
ffantasy24

Wow. Kyon's status has just sky rocketed way up in my good book. FINALLY the dude showed some man guts! For a sec there I felt like giving Haruhi a good slap myself. The girl just has no limit whatsoever it's uncanny. Someone needs to put her in her rightful place and kyon is finally doing the job properly. Cheers to the guy.
Closed Thread