AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-05-08, 06:28   Link #30581
demino_hellsin
That one guy

...would you believe me if I told you it's to support the current shield generator? maybe even provide a slow regen?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 06:30   Link #30582
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
May I ask why the unit would require a secondary power source?

Speaking of which, in the Athena serie... the Gripen buster sword has its own dedicated power source too. Mentioned in fanon that only one particular manufacturer in Sweden has the technology to produce these types of equipment, classified as "Independent Modules" or simply "IDM".
can you describe/give detail about the "IDM" in your Athena series?

Back to the topic, is it really possible to have a power source/generator produce nearly 'infinite' power in a form of one million(x10) of molecules?
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 06:32   Link #30583
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Moles or molecules? I'm very particular about that.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 06:43   Link #30584
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
...would you believe me if I told you it's to support the current shield generator? maybe even provide a slow regen?
Sounds fair. I'm not sure how other IS units don't seem to have passive barrier regeneration even when none of the weapons are in use... Then again, giving the new unit something unique from other ISes seems okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
can you describe/give detail about the "IDM" in your Athena series?
Basically it involves integrating a Core-ish unit, which I will refer to as an IDM Core until I find a better name :P

The unit works like an IS Core in a sense that it provides tremendous, regenerating power.

Then again, unlike an IS Core, which manages the entirety of an IS unit. The IDM Core only generates power for weapons that it's built into. In other words, it's designed and tuned solely for stable, infinite, hi-power output for that one weapon.

It'll be explained in-series along the way.
Old 2012-05-08, 06:43   Link #30585
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

There's no such thing as infinite power, else it's going to be a new big bang.

On the other hand, infinite energy conversion might be possible, the only explanation of why I.S. core can work in the first place. We call it perpetual energy generator

ByakuShiki also got additional power source, though less electricity and more about the heat the reactor produce (two volleyball-sized fusion 'light-bulb' reactor). That heat energy is used to increase thrust efficiency.
Old 2012-05-08, 06:49   Link #30586
Eratas123

How fast are IS reaction times? Say one shot/attack misses, how fast could they pull off another?
Old 2012-05-08, 06:51   Link #30587
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
There's no such thing as infinite power, else it's going to be a new big bang.
"Infinite" can easily be taken as an implication.

True, discovering infinite energy will steal headlines everywhere. Then again, the Sun never made the headlines anywhere, did it?
Old 2012-05-08, 06:52   Link #30588
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
How fast are IS reaction times? Say one shot/attack misses, how fast could they pull off another?
Well, it depends either on the pilot or the 'software/system/misc. parts that improves the reaction time' itself.
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 06:53   Link #30589
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Without hi-sensitivity supersonic sensor, not that much faster than normal human. Say, about 33-66% maybe.

With that specialized sensor, the response is boosted to the point of slow motion, therefore, 150-200% faster than normal human

Note that I pull random number out of my ass based on observation and comparison with other franchise

@ Stratos

What I mean is, say, your reactor can pull 666 Terrawatt out of nowhere, your very machine will not survive because the energy density is extremely high and the temperature may exceed that of core of the sun.

On the other hand, say your machine can generate 666 kilowatt (666 thousand joule per second) indefinitely, then it's infinite energy generation.

And yes, 1.33 jiggawatts joke already done
Old 2012-05-08, 06:53   Link #30590
Eratas123

How about an expert pilot?
Old 2012-05-08, 06:57   Link #30591
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
"Infinite" can easily be taken as an implication.

True, discovering infinite energy will steal headlines everywhere. Then again, the Sun never made the headlines anywhere, did it?
The Sun will eventually run out of energy, you know.
Old 2012-05-08, 07:04   Link #30592
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
Still different based on their base reflex, so with same I.S. in same configuration, expert pilot will react faster.

Unless you subscribe the theory that seasoned pilot = superhuman due to I.S. magic, the result can be much, much more different.
Old 2012-05-08, 07:08   Link #30593
Eratas123

@ Senpai - How about Laura?
Old 2012-05-08, 07:15   Link #30594
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Dunno.

Note that her weird eye REDUCE her piloting efficiency per her monologue, that one eye probably has no benefit from I.S. reflex-boost altogether
Old 2012-05-08, 07:19   Link #30595
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
@ Stratos

What I mean is, say, your reactor can pull 666 Terrawatt out of nowhere, your very machine will not survive because the energy density is extremely high and the temperature may exceed that of core of the sun.

On the other hand, say your machine can generate 666 kilowatt (666 thousand joule per second) indefinitely, then it's infinite energy generation.

And yes, 1.33 jiggawatts joke already done
I thought it was 1.21?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
The Sun will eventually run out of energy, you know.
Bingo.

Hence why I said "implication". The IDM Core produces infinite energy via a cycle of integrated processes. Take photosynthesis example: The process uses carbon monoxide, water and light energy to generate carbohydrates and oxygen.

Now for the IDM Core: Replace carbohydrates and oxygen with electricity and particle beams. The core produces more electricity than beam particles as the electricity is used to power the generator... which generates the electricty and particle beams. This imbalanced product ratio will eventually cause the core to run out of power. But it won't be so for a long time.

That's the bottomline, I will go in-depth but I have a feeling that I'd rather not because heads will explode and kittens will die when I try to explain real-life physics into fiction.
Old 2012-05-08, 07:19   Link #30596
Eratas123

I need a gauge on how strong Sarashiki's mom is. Fight scenes are hard with no gauge.
Old 2012-05-08, 07:25   Link #30597
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, you already make a gauge: she curbstomp everyone.

Because you said she's far stronger than Tatenashi, who is far stronger than everyone else.

If you want some nerf: Tatenashi + Ichika/Irish can defeat her with some working, but alone she's near unbeatable (except by Chifuyu)
Old 2012-05-08, 07:33   Link #30598
Eratas123

Need to know something: Does Ichika's sword always drain his shield the minute he summons it? Also, is it always one hit kill? Autumn blocked it, so I'm confused.
Old 2012-05-08, 07:40   Link #30599
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nope, if the special properties (Barrier Void) is not activated, it doesn't drain shield energy (or only sucking a little to keep it's integrity). In this form, it's just an I.S. sized sword.

Second mode is either beam saber (novel & Anime) or barrier-coated sword (manga), both are OHK weapon, capable of bypassing any kind of barrier (and probably armor that not thick enough). It drains shield energy rather quickly.

I assume Autumn capture him when the weapon is in first form, otherwise, Yukihira is just pathetic.
Old 2012-05-08, 07:46   Link #30600
Eratas123

Are people allowed to keep/test personal machines even if they're not reps? Houki's the exception.

Side note - Is regeneration possible?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest