Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

Old 2012-01-11, 02:19   Link #301
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The way I see it she knows he is a nice guy. She is just a villain who isn't in denial and knows that what she is doing is wrong, and wants him to know she is killing him despite the nice date they just had.

A Psychopath, in other words.
But would the human psychological and morality system really apply to a creature that:

A) Exists on a spiritual rather than physical plane.
B) Is made of the energy of raw-concepts-and-stances rather than flesh (IE, an Angel) and is quite literally defined by metaphysical rules down to every breath and heartbeat rather than the free will of a mortal soul and mind?
C) Would in all likelihood be struck to death by a bolt of lightning if she does not obey her omnipotent master ("If you must hate someone, don't hate me, but the powers that ordered me to do so")
Old 2012-01-11, 02:48   Link #302
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
But would the human psychological and morality system really apply to a creature that:

A) Exists on a spiritual rather than physical plane.
B) Is made of the energy of raw-concepts-and-stances rather than flesh (IE, an Angel) and is quite literally defined by metaphysical rules down to every breath and heartbeat rather than the free will of a mortal soul and mind?
C) Would in all likelihood be struck to death by a bolt of lightning if she does not obey her omnipotent master ("If you must hate someone, don't hate me, but the powers that ordered me to do so")
You are forgetting that she is not an Angel, but a fallen angel. - An Angel having been cast out of heaven(or left)
How they can still use Holy magic afterwards(Donner could still wield a spear of light) has yet to be explained.
AC-Phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 03:11   Link #303
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Just finished reading Vol 2 and the parts of Vol 3 as wel as parts of 1(Already red that parts in the manga)... I could read, and i'm actually pissed now. i was before after reading the manga pages but I'm even more now

The difference between Anime and Manga actually having a great impact on characters like Yuuma, at least in terms of appearance... (She didn't magical girl transform into a fallen angel with revealing clothes but just spread wings instead)

As for the Yuuma-Issei relationship:
You will find out later.

I really hope it will get a second season though. The story development is, to describe it with one word, awesome.
Why......?
Old 2012-01-11, 03:13   Link #304
EroKing

Uhh, that kind of conversation would be appropriate for the manga/LN thread, please don't give out any kind of hints or spoilers here.
Old 2012-01-11, 03:38   Link #305
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Why......?
see below
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Uhh, that kind of conversation would be appropriate for the manga/LN thread, please don't give out any kind of hints or spoilers here.
Don't worry the reason I'm pissed about it has nothing to do with the story, but the already mentioned amount of [b]unecessary[/b ]fanservice raging through this series.
Its not even that I hate fanservice as such, it just gets annoying if the amount of it could be replaces by 3 episodes.

Talking about how god is not Yuuma's master is not really a spoiler either as she is a 'Fallen Angel'.
Plus, her reappearance is already hinted somewhere in EP 1.
Old 2012-01-11, 03:44   Link #306
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ The main rule in watching anime with this so-called "fanservice" ("nudity" is a more politically-correct term) is: deal with it or drop it.

The opening credits already tell us that this series will feature a lot of nudity, so if one has low tolerance to the exposure of mammaries, it's better to leave this series behind...

...while you still can.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 04:25   Link #307
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ The main rule in watching anime with this so-called "fanservice" ("nudity" is a more politically-correct term) is: deal with it or drop it.

The opening credits already tell us that this series will feature a lot of nudity, so if one has low tolerance to the exposure of mammaries, it's better to leave this series behind...

...while you still can.
As I said, its not the fanservice per se, just if it unecessary for both story or making the anime more appealing to the masses.
As you said yourself, the anime will probably, be very fanservice heavy, whicch is not really a problem since the LN has a huge amount too.
Yuuma's transformation scene for example got addded, is something I consider unecessary.

As for not watching it:
Don't know, do you think I still can? You know after watching EP 1 5 times :P

I even want a second season for it; hell, give it 5 seasons, that would be great, its just that most fanservice Animes get pretty bad review's and thus no second season
Next annoying thing is that some channels have the habit of showing 3 episodes without any serious censoring, while the remaining episodes either feature a lot of bats, steam, or unexplainable light beams.

Again, Io'm not against fanservice (I would lie if I said that considering the series I've watched in the past).
Yet, if you want me to decide between an additional season and fanservice my I choose the additional season :P, especially if the anime has a good story like this one.
Old 2012-01-11, 05:10   Link #308
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
From the ED looks like he will get his harem, lucky dog ;__;

And boy if you think this is ecchi wait till the 1st episode of the Holy Knight OVA (release in March).

Let's be BFFs
lol, you got it!

Man was I surprise when I didn't get a blinding light to censor the nips. Now if only the light didn't censor the lower half...
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 05:23   Link #309
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
But that is the peeking scene when she is in her underwear...
With "slightly" better exposure because the bra is unclasped.
Hence, "slightly better view".
Okay, I admit it, I've only watched this episode once (oh shocker!), I've got one helluva watch list right now (7 brand new ep 01's), and for some strange mystical reason I can't bring myself to watch this ep again (oh right, I think I mentioned it was because of the guy )

But is it a coincidence I fell for another ponytailed kendo girl....

Quote:
Considering there wasn't a Rias shower scene this early in the story, I expect many liberties the anime will take to be improvements of the same manner.
Though there isn't any canonical Akeno nudity in the first two volumes (which is what I suspect this season will span), let's keep our fingers crossed and hope the anime gets creative in that regard.
Aha! So should I have the mentality that "if she's not naked in the novel = naked in the anime"?

Quote:
And boy if you think this is ecchi wait till the 1st episode of the Holy Knight OVA (release in March).
Instead of waiting, I would just direct viewers to Green Green

No, I did not just repeat the name of my favorite color twice It's just that, that series also has 3 idiots and it has that sort of "girls school meets the boys" kind of thing to its story

Quote:
Yet, if you want me to decide between an additional season and fanservice my I choose the additional season :P, especially if the anime has a good story like this one.
B-but.... Rosario Vampire threw away it's story, brought aboard the fanservice, and got a second season.....

We can hope for both this time around, right?
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 08:52   Link #310
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
see below

Don't worry the reason I'm pissed about it has nothing to do with the story, but the already mentioned amount of [b]unecessary[/b ]fanservice raging through this series.
Its not even that I hate fanservice as such, it just gets annoying if the amount of it could be replaces by 3 episodes.

Talking about how god is not Yuuma's master is not really a spoiler either as she is a 'Fallen Angel'.
Plus, her reappearance is already hinted somewhere in EP 1.
Yeah I know the spoilers you speak of but that's not the point....

Fanservice....is only a problem when it's really obnoxious. And you haven't seen obnoxious fanservice until you watch Guilty Crown....

At least this one flat out has no pretense that it's not a fanservice show
Old 2012-01-11, 09:30   Link #311
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
At least this one flat out has no pretense that it's not a fanservice show
Yeah, this is what I like about the show, really. They know people watching it mostly comes for the boobs, so they give what they want by having them uncensored and display it in full glory instead of disguising the show as having a deep plot or anything. In short, rather than 'this show seems to have a good plot, too bad it's ruined by fanservice' it's more 'this fanservice show has surprisingly interesting plot to hold it together' for me. The girls look delicious and interesting, and although usually I'm not that huge a fan of perverted leads, having one that still dreams of boobs in his deathbed makes it so over-the-top it looks back to funny for me.

I understand the complaint that the original material already has a lot of fanservice material to begin with, no need for the show to add more, but I'm more lenient so far. First is because it uses one of the biggest advantage an anime has over a written work, and secondly it's because the change doesn't seem to be too much after all. As long as they don't replace scenes that's important for the plot or characterization with fanservice, or force fanservice in the very few moments the story doesn't need it, I'm more or less fine.
Old 2012-01-11, 13:08   Link #312
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

That guy died too many times already
Old 2012-01-11, 18:35   Link #313
lightsenshi
Author

Fanservice is all well and good but after a while it can turn into a case of "seen it, now what"?
Old 2012-01-11, 18:51   Link #314
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
Fanservice is all well and good but after a while it can turn into a case of "seen it, now what"?
If that was the case for the majority, ecchi anime would have died a looong time ago.

Anyway I don't really mind fanservice in this, it's pretty much part of the flow of the show and unlike most harem animes, you can tell the main character at least plans to bang most of these women eventually. Whereas with most harem it'd be surprisng if he the dude will even ever manage to sleep with one of them, making all the random fanservice his way seem kinda pointless.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 19:12   Link #315
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
If that was the case for the majority, ecchi anime would have died a looong time ago.

Anyway I don't really mind fanservice in this, it's pretty much part of the flow of the show and unlike most harem animes, you can tell the main character at least plans to bang most of these women eventually. Whereas with most harem it'd be surprisng if he the dude will even ever manage to sleep with one of them, making all the random fanservice his way seem kinda pointless.
Naah what I get is that he is normal teengaer, and if he could just get one girl which would fit his expected standard he wouldn't go "makoto route".
But thats my opinion based on first anime ep, as I'm getting ready to read 2 novels in few days.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 19:19   Link #316
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Naah what I get is that he is normal teengaer, and if he could just get one girl which would fit his expected standard he wouldn't go "makoto route".
But thats my opinion based on first anime ep, as I'm getting ready to read 2 novels in few days.
But his goal is to build a harem, he actually stated this and he's a pervert. He totally wants to sleep with all those women, maybe retain a relationship with them and they'd all probably be aware and ok with this fact but he still totally wants to do it.
Old 2012-01-11, 19:22   Link #317
Xaturas

Quote:
But his goal is to build a harem, he actually stated this and he's a pervert. He totally wants to sleep with all those women, maybe retain a relationship with them and they'd all probably be aware and ok with this fact but he still totally wants to do it.
Once he would pickle his cucumber in a good candidate I think that his harem idea would disappear. As it seems now he is a comedified typical teenager who thinks about boobz 24/7 until he gets some. On his date with Yume you didn't see him running to love hotel asap. It seemed kinda normal with presents and restaurant and stuff.
Old 2012-01-11, 19:44   Link #318
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koominator View Post
That guy died too many times already
It's a fair price to pay for all the harem service he'll be getting.
Old 2012-01-11, 19:49   Link #319
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Once he would pickle his cucumber in a good candidate I think that his harem idea would disappear. As it seems now he is a comedified typical teenager who thinks about boobz 24/7 until he gets some. On his date with Yume you didn't see him running to love hotel asap. It seemed kinda normal with presents and restaurant and stuff.
Let's just say I don't think such an occurence will be happeneing any time soon considering what i've heard about the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
It's a fair price to pay for all the harem service he'll be getting.
He only regrets he didn't get more action before he died, I'm sure he wouldn't have minded if he got that kiss.
Old 2012-01-11, 19:52   Link #320
Xaturas

Quote:
Let's just say I don't think such an occurence will be happeneing any time soon considering what i've heard about the story.
Doh its obvious I'm just saying what it looks like from 1st ep of anime.

I'm getting ready to start reading novels, but I'm more than sure that he will be like all naughty leads.
He will probably try to grope girls peep and stuff, but most likely still will be a virgin so his behavior will continue. Dunno how much of that is true, but I bet some of it is. After all 95% of series have similar setup. All that will differ is girls treating him. Depends if they will treat him like some naughty brother or beat the crap out of him.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen