fallout 3 is awsome
Pc version is the winner here.
And i run out of stimpacks often, or have low ammouns
ExShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 19:12   Link #42
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
God im loving the game its nice to see others enjoying too. One of my bestfriends actually an animator for Bethesda Softworks which is about 15 min from my house so i always get the inside info on games they are developing. Also the free copy of Fallout 3 did hurt either
Old 2008-11-04, 07:11   Link #43
Xvoki

Does PC version have a construction set yet? I've made a few mods already for Morrowind + Oblivion. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
One of my bestfriends actually an animator for Bethesda Softworks which is about 15 min from my house so i always get the inside info on games they are developing.
In that case, any rumour on there being an Elderscrolls 5? ^^
Xvoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 09:31   Link #44
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvoki View Post
Does PC version have a construction set yet? I've made a few mods already for Morrowind + Oblivion. ^^

In that case, any rumour on there being an Elderscrolls 5? ^^
All i will say is there has been SERIOUS discussion. Iv seen some of the concept character work my friend has done all ready.
Old 2008-11-04, 11:44   Link #45
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Just beat it.

Seriously, after traipsing through the 100th metro station and killing my 1000th Super Mutant, it was about time this thing ended.

Storyline was good, but the main quest ended way too abruptly.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 13:44   Link #46
rg4619

The business side wants to release The Elder Scrolls V by 2010, so they're probably aiming for a major game launch every two years.

As for Fallout 3, I think it's a huge improvement over Oblivion (which was a letdown after Morrowind).
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 14:09   Link #47
Bloodsport Fairytale
Genocidal Taint

Send a message via AIM to Bloodsport Fairytale Send a message via MSN to Bloodsport Fairytale Send a message via Yahoo to Bloodsport Fairytale
I agree, Oblivion was horrible compared to Morrowind. They didn't really take their time with bug fixes like Konami did with MGS4 (Bug Fix Example), at first MGS4 had approximately 200,000 bugs, but by the time the game was released earlier this year, there wasn't a single bug, why? Because they took their bloody time & thoroughly revised the game from every aspect within.

In regard to Fallout 3, I haven't had the chance to purchase it, since I've got so much studying to do, Theory of Flight isn't an easy subject I'll say that much (ranted there, my bad), that aside, the game apparently had worthy gameplay, sweet graphics but a 4x4 storyline, quite abrupt as Papaya had said. Which apparently was a major letdown, although after reading so many reviews and getting feedback from some local sons, I'm not too sure I should buy it anymore, I never really followed the series in the first place.

My question is, is it worth buying the game? & what is your personal rating out of 10? I really don't want to go wasting 30 dollars on the game if it isn't worth it.

Arigato!
Bloodsport Fairytale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 16:19   Link #48
Papaya
Sup

8/10 for me. I typically hate RPG's, and am more of an RTS/FPS player.

Obviously, I went into the game watching all the trailers and thinking I could circle-strafe some baddies and pop a few headshots, but nope. That didn't detract much from my experience though, because I happened to pretty much max out my energy weapons skill and by the end of the game was more or less killing every bad guy in one headshot.

Since it's an open-ended RPG, you get what you want out of it. I tried to do as many side quests as possible, but in the end, it got repetitive. There are only a few enemy types, and like I've mentioned, after running into the 1000th Super Mutant, I decided to forgo the side quests and finish off the main quests. I did the last 4 or 5 quests in about 3 hours or so, and there's only about 10 main quests total. Most of the time you spend in a quest is exploring, which is actually the highlight of the game. You'll dread going into any building though, because it'll just be ghouls and super mutants running at you nonstop.

Ran into a good amount of bugs along the way.
If I didn't quicksave every 10 seconds or so, I'd be a lot worse off. The game wouldn't exit out of VATS once or twice, which forced me to load from another save. At some points, the game didn't seem to register what I did. For example, during one of the missions, I was supposed to talk to a doctor, but I did it before I got the quest. So when I actually went to talk to him, the novel dialog option was already gone, and I couldn't fulfill that part of the quest. Good thing it was optional!

Either way, it's a great game. I actually LOL'd several times, both at the dialog (which is hilarious, by the way) and at some of the VATS kill shots (throw a grenade at a raider, and he'll shout OH SHIT in slow-mo right before he blows into pieces). Best line in the entire game: "GIVE ME BACK THE NAUGHTY NIGHTWEAR."
Old 2008-11-04, 16:28   Link #49
CodeKyuubi

I would so totally get it if I could get to a game-store and if I had proper picture ID... Would a university ID do the trick? Liek srsly, what are the chances of a 16 year old in college? x.x In California?
CodeKyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 16:31   Link #50
Papaya
Sup

Get your friend to buy it yo!
Old 2008-11-04, 17:00   Link #51
Bloodsport Fairytale
Genocidal Taint

Send a message via AIM to Bloodsport Fairytale Send a message via MSN to Bloodsport Fairytale Send a message via Yahoo to Bloodsport Fairytale
Yeah dude, same here, I love FPSs but i try to stay openminded with any games. But I'll take your word for it, I'll just buy that, Far Cry 2 & Bioshock tomorrow.
thanks for the heads up.

lol about the ID thing, I remember last year when i was in texas, every time i went to gamestop the guys would ask me if im above 17 or something like that, even though i look over 20 anyways, they still asked. i laughed everytime and they kept saying it was part of the job, can't blame them, we cant have another kid go kill someone with a hammer just because they saw it done in manhunt again lmao.
Bloodsport Fairytale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 18:38   Link #52
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
Did anyone have a lot of problems with this game? I mean as in bugs? In rivet city I kept getting stuck and wouldn't be able to move or my guns wouldn't fire for some reason. And there were a couple other as well that I can't remember
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 03:37   Link #53
Papaya
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodsport Fairytale View Post
Yeah dude, same here, I love FPSs but i try to stay openminded with any games. But I'll take your word for it, I'll just buy that, Far Cry 2 & Bioshock tomorrow.
thanks for the heads up.

lol about the ID thing, I remember last year when i was in texas, every time i went to gamestop the guys would ask me if im above 17 or something like that, even though i look over 20 anyways, they still asked. i laughed everytime and they kept saying it was part of the job, can't blame them, we cant have another kid go kill someone with a hammer just because they saw it done in manhunt again lmao.
Think twice about Far Cry 2 IMO.
That game's hit or miss.

I like open world games, I like FPS, and I love sniping. Far Cry 2 has all of them, yet I'd rate the game a 6/10. Really, you may want to read some more reviews first.

There's so many problems with that game its not even funny. I played about 20 hours of it, and it just bored the living daylights out of me. Here are some of the many stupid things about it...

My top 10, anyways.

1. It's unrealistic. K, so you're in Africa. Why are 90% of the people there white?
2. You pick up suitcases with diamonds. Pretty much all of them have 3 or so diamonds in them. But the graphic always shows one...
3. When driving, your hands turn the steering wheel, but look down, and you'll see that your feet aren't moving on the pedal.
4. 90% of the game is driving. You can only take one mission at a time, and almost all the missions force you to drive across the ENTIRE map. There's no quick travel--you MUST drive everywhere by yourself.
5. That would be fine, except there's checkpoints everywhere full of enemies. Worst part is that you can't just drive past--they'll chase you and shoot your car up, so you HAVE to stop and kill them
6. Now, it'd be fun if they were a challenge, but they're not. 90% of the cars in the game are jeeps with mounted machine guns. That means, you just park in front of a checkpoint, shoot 'em up, then keep going.
7. Enemy AI is STUPID AS HELL.
8. Did I mention it's unrealistic? Since when did AK-47's blow up after shooting less than a few hundred rounds?
9. When you're low health, you have to perform an emergency maneuver on yourself. Except it's totally random. So you might have to fix your arm up, but there's no limb damage in the game anyways.
10. When you die, a buddy revives you. Cool right? It makes sense if you get shot up, but it's just stupid when you fall off a cliff and your buddy picks you up and you're fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainnydaiis View Post
Did anyone have a lot of problems with this game? I mean as in bugs? In rivet city I kept getting stuck and wouldn't be able to move or my guns wouldn't fire for some reason. And there were a couple other as well that I can't remember
Weird =X What version are you playing?
Old 2008-11-10, 20:02   Link #54
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Hows my char look? Cool? Serious? Decent atleast? I need to know because im gonna make a Music Video using this song about my characters Quest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPW9AbRMwFU

Old 2008-11-10, 21:03   Link #55
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Just wondering... if I'm going to buy this game, would the 360 version look better than the PC if I only have a non-OC Q6600, 8800GT, 4 gigs of RAM, and running Vista?
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 01:55   Link #56
Papaya
Sup

Dunno for sure, but the PC version looks damned good. The game is very low on system resources as far as "next gen" games go. You can alt-tab freely without lag on most systems.
Old 2008-11-11, 05:59   Link #57
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I saw this game at a friends house and plan on buying it soon. It seems to delight in black humour, which is good since I actually tend to respond to that sort of thing.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 07:38   Link #58
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Even though I bitched a bit in the beginning for not being the same old Fallout, I've still tried it out and I was amazed. It certainly looks like Oblivion but yet it's nothing alike. This game really does well with the feeling that you're really in a world after the nuclear war.

The game quickly becomes an survival game where I can't wait to see what items will I find in the next corner, weather that would be just some ammo or some food and drink. The quests are interesting and the battle system is really fun with superb choices in Perks which are more useful then the ones in previous Fallout, but thats maybe just me. It still a shame there won't be another one like the first two, but overall, this game deserves a high score.
Old 2008-11-11, 12:06   Link #59
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

gee thanks, completely ignore my post...
Old 2008-11-11, 17:45   Link #60
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

lol, your character looks fine, though you'll give up all that stuff once you get power armor.
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote