AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Old 2010-02-13, 20:10   Link #1021
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
This. And I would like to see some links to the sales figure to the anime if possible, as Rankbank indicates somewhat differently.
Sales figures are not going to be told until it's released, so we are out of option if we want to have sales figures of pre-orders/sales in latter.

The best way to assess whether the sales is going all right or not is by comparing rank list of other retailers. These are the daily list (meaning they can change every day. Heh.) of various sites EDIT: Eep. Some are daily and some is overall and some are weekly, not all daily! My bad~ Anyway still good as comparisons:

DMM
Tsutaya
Animate (dominantly female target)
Neowing DVD+BD Top 100
Sofmap (Pretty sure this is male-oriented with my experience of ordering games)
7&Y
HMV
Rakuten

In summary, we all died knowing which retailers have better sales in their figures. Most of people I know go to Amazon and CDJapan if they want to buy DVDs/Blu-Ray. But that still doesn't make Rankbank completely trust-able in terms of sales later, yet it is one of good way to assess it. Though not 100%. But anyway, there are various reasons of how well it will go, so everything is really up in the air.

Personally the gaiden novel is what killed me and forced me to pre-order. NUMBER 2 IS SUCH PURE LOVE COVER. And the seiyuu comments+songs/OST bonus just killed my card even further ;;

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2010-02-13 at 20:29.
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 20:28   Link #1022
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
My god... DRRR fanart on pixiv has broken over 10,000 art in less than a month.
Pixiv is actually quite female dominated compared to 2chan or Niconico. But yes, a week ago, there was only about 3k fanarts. It scared the hell out of me on how fast the fan(girl)s are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer
And did you guys say that a lot of these people were also APH fanartists? That show hasn't been on in about a month so I guess they needed something else to occupy their time with.
Well, as an Hetalia fan, there's no new anime, no new webcomics either. I need something to doodle, Durarara happen to air at thr right time for me. As a Reborn and APH fangirl, I can tell you that I enjoy Durarara.

I personally think Durarara 1st volume can probably break 10k in the first week or something. I'm just using amazon.co.jp anime DVD ranking as reference. The first volume is ranking higher then Railgun volume 2, which is released in the same week. Railgun volume 1 BD sold 15k, so it's looking good for Durarara right now.
Old 2010-02-13, 20:50   Link #1023
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Not quite sure, by the time the anime air seems like the novel has yet to sell more than 20K (or maybe even under 20K). Said novel have been released since 2004 by the way. Comparing it with BakaTest, BakaTest will be the one that has more buyers/viewer potential. Not surprisingly, reflected in the anticipation survey by Dengeki.

It just went out of the scale after succesful entertaining episodes aired, and... Well, stay that way for two weeks at least. Who knows how the sales will go in the future and when more episodes air
Thanks for the info. I've normally assumed that for most part that an Manga/LN chances of getting adapted depended on a certain level popularity for the said title. Especially in concerns to episode count, production and what not. In this case the reason for Durarara being 24 eps instead of usual 12-13 is even more interesting.

Still, it's nice to know that series in general is getting attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget
serenade_beta did actually.
Ah, I must have forgot then
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 21:14   Link #1024
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Thanks to Gokumew2 from LJ, we finally get what the password is used for if you have computer. Screw them for inserting the instruction in the middle of the rows! ;~;

Spoiler for Pass:

The special bonus is wallpaper (... admittedly ghetto) and PC icons of Durarara!! characters.

Old 2010-02-13, 21:25   Link #1025
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Just as a note, the password doesn't always work if you are using Firefox (but it does work with Safari and Internet Explorer). And wow, that is a pretty plain background, I'm sure they could've spent another few minutes in paint to make something more interesting....
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 21:32   Link #1026
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Personally the gaiden novel is what killed me and forced me to pre-order. NUMBER 2 IS SUCH PURE LOVE COVER. And the seiyuu comments+songs/OST bonus just killed my card even further ;;
I wish I hadn't learnt this...now I'm highly highly tempted to burn my money on these too!!

And thanks for posting the password!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
And wow, that is a pretty plain background, I'm sure they could've spent another few minutes in paint to make something more interesting....
The impression I'm getting is that you can play around by putting the face icons on it....though I have yet to try it myself...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 22:47   Link #1027
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Have we gotten confirmation on how many epis this will be? I know 24 was discussed but everywhere I check I still only see 12 listed.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 22:59   Link #1028
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Have we gotten confirmation on how many epis this will be? I know 24 was discussed but everywhere I check I still only see 12 listed.
Completely confirmed 24. This time MAL is correct.

MBS・TBSほかにて2010年1月より放送開始(全24話放送予定 plus interview nails it to 2 cour. Still what makes me confused is the 13th DVD though.

Old 2010-02-13, 23:32   Link #1029
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
My god... DRRR fanart on pixiv has broken over 10,000 art in less than a month.

BTW, I don't think this was mentioned but Fujita Saki who voices Hatsune Miku did the VA of Idol Hijiribe Ruri.
That is sick, there must be some kind of group drawing those fanarts .

This episode was the best one so far, it was just pure fun. The dialogues between the character, the actions, and Erika and Walker are pure gold as a couple. After this episode I am pretty much in love with Erika right now
Old 2010-02-14, 00:07   Link #1030
guiltyxx

Send a message via MSN to guiltyxx
Quote:
Completely confirmed 24. This time MAL is correct.

MBS・TBSほかにて2010年1月より放送開始(全24話放送予定 plus interview nails it to 2 cour. Still what makes me confused is the 13th DVD though.

Probably...DVD special episode ?(Since They did that with baccano!...If you know 'Graham Spector' you'll know what I'm talking about ^^')

2 episode per DVD and later DVD have 1 episode + 1 special episode ...or something like that
guiltyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 02:41   Link #1031
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Pretty good episode, but it felt like they were catering the whole episode towards lesser important characters and nothing really new or revelatory has happened (at least involving Dollars themselves. The revelations kept alluding to the OTHER characters..)... And that guy in Dollars being driven by his fandom of idols? To me, that is more ridiculous than a Dullahan driving a horsebike..
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 02:44   Link #1032
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
And that guy in Dollars being driven by his fandom of idols? To me, that is more ridiculous than a Dullahan driving a horsebike..
It's supposed to be ridiculous.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 03:30   Link #1033
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Yeah. The foreign accents getting more stereotypical was a hint.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 04:39   Link #1034
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltyxx View Post
Probably...DVD special episode ?
Would be pretty awesome if the DVD special episode is of the dog's adventure from this weeks episode.
Old 2010-02-14, 04:52   Link #1035
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
Pixiv is actually quite female dominated compared to 2chan or Niconico. But yes, a week ago, there was only about 3k fanarts. It scared the hell out of me on how fast the fan(girl)s are.
Yeah, no kidding

Izaya fanarts on pixiv: 300+ pages (how many fanarts is he going to get by the end of the show? )
Selty fanarts : 22 pages ()
Anri fanarts: 17 pages ( )

Isn't there a fanboy fanart site somewhere?
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 04:54   Link #1036
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The Celty and Anri pieces were probably drawn by girls as well.
Old 2010-02-14, 04:57   Link #1037
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

More Celty would be gooooooood, but but but, what about my fascination of torturing bullying teasing fangirling Izaya?

Oh fangirls, you are so TSUNdere to him, unlike with Shizu-chan (And yes, the size of the word tsun represent the percentage of tsun-ness)

Old 2010-02-14, 05:12   Link #1038
guiltyxx

Send a message via MSN to guiltyxx
^^' "TSUN" can be replaced with "Sadistic" nowadays...
guiltyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 06:49   Link #1039
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
Yeah, no kidding

Izaya fanarts on pixiv: 300+ pages (how many fanarts is he going to get by the end of the show? )
Selty fanarts : 22 pages ()
Anri fanarts: 17 pages ( )

Isn't there a fanboy fanart site somewhere?
Isn't it great being a Durarara fangirl in this time? I had no idea this show would actually be a fangirl favourite, I just thought it was a weird and interesting show. Since we're getting 24 episodes, by the end of the series, we'll have about 20k fanarts of Izaya I guess? Who knows.

Quote:
The Celty and Anri pieces were probably drawn by girls as well.
I think do too. Most Anri fanarts are actually from group pictures anyway.
Old 2010-02-14, 12:20   Link #1040
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Pretty good episode, but it felt like they were catering the whole episode towards lesser important characters and nothing really new or revelatory has happened (at least involving Dollars themselves. The revelations kept alluding to the OTHER characters..)... And that guy in Dollars being driven by his fandom of idols? To me, that is more ridiculous than a Dullahan driving a horsebike..
If Baccano taught us anything, it's that there are no minor characters in this universe - or unimportant revelations. It can be frustrating to have a character cement his or herself as a favorite, only to more or less disappear for a few episodes - but that's just how it seems to work here. And the upside is a cast full of interesting and fully developed characters.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, light novel adaptation, shounen