AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-05-04, 18:02   Link #2041
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I was getting ready for the event, worried of maps with fixed requirement, so I leveled a number of DD, CL and CA. I should had though of leveling my Kaga and Nagato instead.
Old 2014-05-04, 21:53   Link #2042
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I do feel like kicking myself a bit for not putting more attention to Kirishima. My Haruna can go Kai2 the moment it hits, Kongou is kai2. My only real CA is Maya who's almost to 70, but I got nothing when it comes to capable CVa (Tones just starting on, Mogamis are all <50)

The other serious deficiency is BBa. Ise and Hyuuga are in their 50s and I need more floatplanes like the ones that came with I-401.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 22:27   Link #2043
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Reading you guys comment, and I just realised that despite how crappy things turned for me at high end (No Mikuma,Yamato, Musashi or Bismack, only five 46 cm guns, and one Type 3 before the event ), my ship level ended up to be fairly well distributed.
  • My lowest level BB I have is Fusou at 77. All of the Kongou and Nagato classes were 96+.
  • My lowest level CV is Hiryuu sisters at 80, the Kaga sisters, Taihou and Zuihou also 96+
  • I don't level up Houshou and Ryuujou, but the rest of CVL is 80+ also
  • CA is my weakest link with only Maya and Tone at 77 and 72. Chikuma have to be next

I think if they throw in an event of CA, CAV or BBV, most will struggle through. So thinking about strengthening in that department. But was starting to lose interest before the event so was too casual then. Now i have to play catch-up!!

I simply just want to level every ship daughters to 99 btw. Cause i don't think we will ever need that many high level BB and CV and CVL. Only used up 300 buckets this time. So will need 7 consecutive events in a row for my buckets supply to run out

PS: unless... they plan to increase a maximum fleet from 6 to 8 or 10. Heck that gonna open a new floodgate for all these events....
Old 2014-05-04, 22:51   Link #2044
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Oh btw... it's just some silly thing.

But saw the Pvp list of E-5 fleet, Musashi, Yamato, CV (probably filled with Reppu). And thought it gonna be a pain to earn a victory from them... And then i realised... maybe it's a time for sub fleets to taste some Pvp victories
Old 2014-05-04, 22:55   Link #2045
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I think if they throw in an event of CA, CAV or BBV, most will struggle through. So thinking about strengthening in that department. But was starting to lose interest before the event so was too casual then. Now i have to play catch-up!!
Admittedly I didn't care about the CA or CAV before the introduction of Tone's second remodeling. I was too focusing in BB and CV that I pretty much neglected my DDs group (actually it was a pain to level up them before I took a break). The event with the main focus in CA or BBV would be a disaster, as I only have Ise and Hyuuga around 50s (didn't care much for them, but got my interest toward them later thank to the Kancolle 4koma ).
Old 2014-05-04, 23:00   Link #2046
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Admittedly I didn't care about the CA or CAV before the introduction of Tone's second remodeling. I was too focusing in BB and CV that I pretty much neglected my DDs group (actually it was a pain to level up them before I took a break). The event with the main focus in CA or BBV would be a disaster, as I only have Ise and Hyuuga around 50s (didn't care much for them, but got my interest toward them later thank to the Kancolle 4koma ).
Same as well, before reading it, i thought Ise and Hyuuga was just typical background ships. But they are now packed with full of characters

Similarly if you read recent chapter, Mayuru. God she is such an adorable klutz
*crash diving!!* That happens when you let the army design your sub girl
Old 2014-05-04, 23:15   Link #2047
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Dunno, unless we get another Arpeggio anime, the next event should still be several months away. More than enough time to bring ships up to speed, so to speak.

Heck, I wasn't really expecting to get as far as I did. When I get back home, I'll post a screenshot of my ship levels -- literally all my level 90+ ships all fit in a single page entry. The rest of my line-up are 80-below, with the ships that were the backbone to finishing the event (Nagato class, Kaga) below the level 60 mark.

So yeah, some goal-setting are in order. Taihou aside, bringing everyone to within striking distance of 90 is going to be important.
Old 2014-05-04, 23:30   Link #2048
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Similarly if you read recent chapter, Mayuru. God she is such an adorable klutz
*crash diving!!* That happens when you let the army design your sub girl
Maruyu: *fires torpedo* UwaaaAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

*deals 5 damage to a DD in 1-1*

Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 00:21   Link #2049
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

On the subject of our current discussion I realised that I'm royally screwed if there's any focus on CAs in the future. Plus my level scale is a little lopsided. A couple of points here to note for my fleet...
  • My highest leveled ships are BBs. Kongou at 132, Haruna at 99, Mutsu at 98. Straight off they're top 3. My next noteworthy BB is Kirishima at 78. All are fully modernised except Kirishima's AA stat.
  • My other BBs are pretty poorly-levelled. Hyuuga and Ise in the 20s, Yamashiro untouched, Hiei at 9 and Fusou at 59. Well, if I don't plan to deviate from my main fleet it isn't much of a problem.
  • DD-wise I'm pretty safe. Yukikaze at 63, Shimakaze at 75, Yuudachi at 74 and Shigure at 70. I'm planning to have Verniy added to this list soon as well. Seeing Amatsukaze's pretty solid stats is also tempting me to level her too. She's 9 for me at the moment.
  • CLs and CLTs are a problem. Apart from Naka at 58, Kitakami at 88 and Isuzu at 97, I have no other CL above level 35 (Kiso being that CL) if I remember right.
  • Carriers have been an ongoing problem for me. I currently have only two regular carriers (Kaga at 67 and Souryuu at 43) and none of my CVL are even at level 20. This situation won't be improving in the near future.
  • CAs and CAVs are my weakest links. I have only one CAV (Mogami) and Suzuya's in single digits. My highest leveled CA is Atago at 43, whilst Maya and Choukai are high 20s.

If they ever come up with a CA-heavy event I'm raising the white flag.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 00:40   Link #2050
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
If they ever come up with a CA-heavy event I'm raising the white flag.
Well... even if they don't come up with such branching rules, CAs (along with DDs) can greatly improve your chances in night battle nodes so it really wouldn't hurt to level a few.

I pretty much steamrolled through the E2 pre-boss node using a CA-focused fleet. Saves me some repair bill too even when they go red, unlike the BBs.
Old 2014-05-05, 08:31   Link #2051
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

My Kancolle post-spring Bingo card, for those who're interested. Cerise-shaded ships are the ones that I have:

Can't do much about the LSC ships, but my Chikuma is 8 levels away from Kai-2.
Old 2014-05-05, 08:39   Link #2052
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Is there a program somewhere to do that? Or it's just photoshop?

Through think i will barely cover half of them
Old 2014-05-05, 08:45   Link #2053
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

http://i.imgur.com/fT8T2Zt.png

Just take this one and make it your own version with image editing program.
I think I haven't even reached half of them.

[edit]
Dayum. Amatsukaze is smiling after remodeling. Move away, Shimakaze, you're old and busted.
Old 2014-05-05, 09:20   Link #2054
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I would appreciate if the thread doesn't turn into "people's everyday drop/bingo", or at least to the very strict minimum.
It is not exactly great for discussion purpose.
Old 2014-05-05, 09:33   Link #2055
Mistwrath
Always confused . . .

And finally back to the thread, I followed Lantern's advice of 3CV3BB and also partially Klash's stats on his E-5 run to complete my own run of E-5 within 7 hours just yesterday.

2CV4BB was a complete disaster for me, 3CV3BB was my saving composition which bought me to the boss almost every single attempt save for like 2 times out of like 17 or so attempts.

Ships wise, I am sad to say that I have yet to see Nagato or Mutsu even after nearly 6 months haha.

My belief has always been to keep a well balanced fleet for all events and that helped me alot for this event again.
Old 2014-05-05, 10:27   Link #2056
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I hope Sakawa is buildable in the future. Those squeaky sounds, man.
Old 2014-05-05, 16:03   Link #2057
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Seeing as how Lantern never did get convinced about the weirdness surrounding JUST playing with API, finally captured some of those weirdness. And yes, this was with PVP, but it's enough I think.

So, last PVP of the morning, and this was what happened:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Suffice to say I was NOT happy with what was happening, so I hit F5.

Just to double-check, the match was not counted, and the usual weirdness showed up, like my carriers despite having full fuel and ammo, did NOT have a full complement of planes (take note of the timestamp):

Images

Okay, so go to PVP list. Match, take 2!

The results were slightly better this time:

Images

Notice anything different this time? Yep, neither Mutsu or Kiso got nuked, and this time, it was Kaga and Nagato that did. Well that, and THEIR Akagi getting nuked by my planes.

Match still had to be decided by Night Battle:

Images

Again, this time, Mutsu is still mostly untouched.

Images

Post-PVP resupply. And after doing so, Kaga's plane list is back to normal.

Images

So yeah, I do think that Klash is on to something, and that not everything is decided server side. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do this everyday on my PVP.
Old 2014-05-05, 16:31   Link #2058
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
*snip*
That's only pvp though.

And it doesn't really say anything about the possibility of battle results not being decided on the server side.

All it says is, the battle result was not recorded when you refresh mid-pvp battle, and there's no way to tell anything more than that because all trace of the battle such as damages received are reverted.

But that's irrelevant, as it was not the point of that discussion to begin with.

We were talking about saving a ship from sinking / damage by refreshing during mid battle.

Have you at least tried doing the same in your sorties?

Not telling you to sink a ship ofc, but take note of the damage.

I know I've tried refreshing battles quite a number of times.

The fleet retains all damages received in the battle (plus the number of planes shot down if you have CV/Ls) no matter how I refresh it once I'd chose the formation.

Are you able to refresh and come back with an untouched fleet?

If so, you might have me convinced. Otherwise, I'm extremely skeptical.

That's only part of the reason. On top of that, I seriously doubt they would allow something as important as "battle simulation" be processed on the player's side. Just think of all the potential abuse if that were the case.

=============

P.S.

A battle (win/loss, exp gained, fuel/ammo used) will not be counted on your battle record if you refresh mid-sortie, if that's what you're looking for.
Again, however, that is irrelevant.
Because your fleet will still retain ALL damage received from the battle.
It does not change the fact that the result has already been simulated, and you can't change the effect it has already had on your fleet.
Old 2014-05-05, 18:28   Link #2059
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Funny you asked, because it just happened. ^^; I'm currently at the office though, so no convenient screencaps, but just sent my fleet on a world 2 boss run. Fleet got routed NE, gets in to a fight, then to the Bauxite node SE, then boss node. S-Ranked, but after my fleet got back to the office, I had to restart my system, as the time tracker (which tracks how long I'm logged in) wasn't working. Took note of the drop (a Hiei), then restarted my system.

Logged back, pulled back my API, loaded Kancolle on new window. I go to my main fleet to resupply... and find that no ammo or fuel used at all. It's as if they were never sortied to begin with. And no Hiei anywhere.

I'll have to wait until I get home if it can be duplicated there.

P.S. By the way, if you're wondering about the context with how I play at work, and how I play at home, they're kind of different.

At home, I directly connect via DSL to the internet, then I just paste the API link I've had since march onto a browser address bar. Easy!

At work though, I can't even play on the "default" Internet Explorer that pops up on the initial desktop that is shown when I start the PC. What I need to do is log in via Citrix, which THEN dumps me in a random remote server that has another desktop populated by the programs I use for work. It is only here where I'm able to play KanColle.
Old 2014-05-05, 20:18   Link #2060
KBTKaiser

I've finally cleared E-3 and want to try and clear E-4 before the event ends. Would a support fleet be the best choice in dealing with the pre-boss node?

Current Force: Admiral Level 73
Lv 56 Haruna Kai (46, 41, 41, 12cm 30 Tube Rocket AA)
Lv 52 Hatsuharu Kai (Quad Oxy Torp,Sonar 3,Depth Charge 3)
Lv 34 Nenohi Kai (Quad Oxy Torp, Sonar 3, Depth Charge 3)
Lv 28 Hatsushimo Kai (Quad Oxy Torp, Sonar 3, Depth Charge 94)
Lv 20 Yukikaze Kai (Turbine 6, Sonar 93, Depth Charge 94)
Lv 20 Shimakaze Kai (Turbine 10, Sonar 93, Depth Charge 94)
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls