Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-19, 15:23   Link #281
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
I think I'm one of the few people in the otakudom who loves Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ more than Natsume Yuujinchou....
As one of the others who prefer this show, I wonder why I feel that way. The continuing story is part of it, I guess. But like you, I just find that this show affects me emotionally more than that one.

I can really identify with Sora, for some reason, and with most of the other characters. I find Natsume kind of impenetrable, emotionally. That being said, I did like ep7 of Natsume, which I just watched. But still, it doesn't feel as deep to me.

And the visual, dramatic, and musical art of this show is just outstanding. Natsume is nice, but this is special. I do find that I like all of Kobayashi's works, or at least all that I have seen: this, Beck, and Paradise Kiss -- in that order.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 11:47   Link #282
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
As one of the others who prefer this show, I wonder why I feel that way. The continuing story is part of it, I guess. But like you, I just find that this show affects me emotionally more than that one.

I can really identify with Sora, for some reason, and with most of the other characters. I find Natsume kind of impenetrable, emotionally. That being said, I did like ep7 of Natsume, which I just watched. But still, it doesn't feel as deep to me.

And the visual, dramatic, and musical art of this show is just outstanding. Natsume is nice, but this is special. I do find that I like all of Kobayashi's works, or at least all that I have seen: this, Beck, and Paradise Kiss -- in that order.
I have the same sentiments about Natsume Yuujinchou... even though I found every episode a pleasant watch, and moves me to tears often too, I find my tears to be somewhat... shallow x__x; Like I'm not-really-compelled-to-write-about-it kind. Natsu no Sora makes me sink deeper in my thoughts, and allows me to reflect on my own life. That's what makes it WIN for me.

And... this will be really random, but I just watched episode 9 and managed to write a somewhat nonsensical random fangirl babbling about it, with some thoughts on episode 10 too. I like how the romance in this show is being developed, and all I'm hoping for is for this series to end with a happy note.
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 15:00   Link #283
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

HAAAHHH??!!!! Oi, oi, oi, oi, oi, oi, oi...

Spoiler for final episode and thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 21:52   Link #284
Beo
where's the snow?

My thought
Spoiler for 12:
Beo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 23:46   Link #285
cynicalicious
I like pie.

It's a nice series except for...

Spoiler for Episodes 11 & 12:

...other than that, it's a nice series once you get past the sloppy animation and freaky-looking backgrounds.
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 13:16   Link #286
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

For me, this was clearly the best series of the summer, and one of the best two or three of the year. The way they ended it was outstanding.
Spoiler for eps10-12:
The emotions that the last episode gives rise to elevate this show to a higher level. If I ranked shows, I would give this one at least a 9/10. It started good and got better and better. I think I'm now going to regard Kobayashi Osamu as an anime god.

And of course, I disagree completely with the complaints about the animation. It's not KyoAni detail, but it works brilliantly, for me. The complaints about the backgrounds were totally misplaced, in my opinion, too. This show competes with ef for best backgrounds of the year. If we all agreed about everything, the world would be so boring, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-09-25 at 15:51.
Old 2008-09-25, 21:47   Link #287
Hazard

The animation was fine, the story was ok, and the final episode/ending could have been done better. Overall it was better than the original but its diffinatly one of those forgettable animes.

Last edited by Hazard; 2008-09-25 at 22:06.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 01:59   Link #288
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

Quote:
Spoiler:
completely agree++
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 04:25   Link #289
blewin

Spoiler for Ep 12:

awww, no more Natsu no Sora... and to all who have seen ep 12, you know what.

Definitely one of the best slice of life shows out there. Watching ep 12 today, it reminds me of Macross Frontier in how both shows feature many songs within episodes, but songs in Natsu no Sora resonate more in a deeper level. Much more meaningful!
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 04:17   Link #290
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Ok so I'm way behind the curve. Only up to Episode 9 is fansubbed.

Spoiler for The cool moments Ep.09:

I liked both Ep. 8 and 9. Looking forward to the rest of them being fansubbed.
Awesome show for sure!
kilroy0097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 06:26   Link #291
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well it was nice that their was no silly confession scene they just sorta...Came together...But after such a nice episode did they really have to use that timeless old cliche of misunderstanding to create drama...

Especially between two people that their obviously wouldn't be anything like he's imagining happening...Is this as far as your trust goes Gota?...meh.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 08:30   Link #292
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Can you say RUSH JOB?

I mean, I liked the melancholic aspects of the show and the drama. Other than that, the still images were nice because it was 99% real life to begin with.

Other than that, a lot of the extreme deus ex aspects of the story were overkill, some of the plot progression simply makes no sense, and animation-wise, I argued to death, is basically nil. Otherwise, it was genuinely a very watchable show, even if I think it's almost fatally flawed in the way it was portrayed as an animation and the very, very weird plot progression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Especially between two people that their obviously wouldn't be anything like he's imagining happening...Is this as far as your trust goes Gota?...meh.
That's only from our view as the anime viewer since we know these anime conventions happen. To Gota, what the heck would he know? Hell, he was basically stabbed in the back so many times and I can feel for him. When he said he had no home to go home to in that episode, he probably genuinely meant it. The entire series was like a laundry list of how lonely Gota truly is.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 13:19   Link #293
Ashlotte
Clockwork

They could of crafted a better situation to create drama or test the characters though...

The way they did it just feels like a cheap unnatural plot device in a show thats been refreshingly devoid of them so far.
Old 2008-09-30, 19:59   Link #294
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Well it was nice that their was no silly confession scene they just sorta...Came together...But after such a nice episode did they really have to use that timeless old cliche of misunderstanding to create drama...

agree with you there entirely. The way those two got together without having to ask/say anything dramatic fits the mood of a lazy summer (and the general pacing of the story), but that misunderstanding bit is really stretching the quality of the show... especially when we know for sure that Sora is not that type of a girl.
Old 2008-10-01, 02:57   Link #295
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

Spoiler:
ForeverGoNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 11:45   Link #296
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
agree with you there entirely. The way those two got together without having to ask/say anything dramatic fits the mood of a lazy summer (and the general pacing of the story), but that misunderstanding bit is really stretching the quality of the show... especially when we know for sure that Sora is not that type of a girl.
Reasons why it makes sense that Gouta might have misunderstood:
1. He feels inferior as a magician to Sora, to say nothing of to their teacher, and is insecure about being a mage.
2. He has really only known her for a little while.
3. He himself probably has sexual/romantic experience with a number of beach girls who are not as pure as Sora.
4. He's a depressive personality anyway.
5. It was a shocking moment that burned itself into his mind.
Old 2008-10-01, 16:00   Link #297
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Great they pulled the Death Card...between that and the misunderstanding which started last episode and continued into this one I feel like I'm suddenly watching a bad soap opera...Maybe its the photo like backgrounds fault too.

Either way for something that was supposed to carry some emotional heft it pretty much completely lacked resonance...Not so much a punch as a light tap I guess...

Maybe after already crying all my tears for Natsume this season I have none left and I've reverted to being a monster, but I can honestly say I just got plain bored near the end and mostly glossed over the last half in my mind... *shrug*
Old 2008-10-01, 19:53   Link #298
blewin

Quote:
Reasons why it makes sense that Gouta might have misunderstood:
1. He feels inferior as a magician to Sora, to say nothing of to their teacher, and is insecure about being a mage.
2. He has really only known her for a little while.
3. He himself probably has sexual/romantic experience with a number of beach girls who are not as pure as Sora.
4. He's a depressive personality anyway.
5. It was a shocking moment that burned itself into his mind.
I understand what you're saying there, but using it as a plot device on the whole just seems too much.
Old 2008-10-05, 02:25   Link #299
evilr00t
*Fansubber

If anyone has watched, is watching, or plans to watch
[Shizuka] Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ 12 [Shinsen 720p-8EDA8C31].mkv
PLEASE note that I caught a major error. At 9:00 the "5 years ago" should be "5 years later". I apologize for the error and hope this mistake didn't confuse anyone.

Edit: Revised script posted here.

Last edited by evilr00t; 2008-12-07 at 00:58. Reason: add link to v2 script, move to safe hosting
evilr00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 02:09   Link #300
kamikazex

the ending..............
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slice of life