AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-15, 23:08   Link #1
ZODDGUTS

[PC/PSV] Phantasy Star Online 2

Teaser: http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2/

Oh god so looking forward to this. Played the first game on Dreamcast years ago loved it.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 02:41   Link #2
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

I'm glad someone besides myself cares about this! I never thought this day would come.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 03:38   Link #3
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm pleased for this, though i'm not really a PC gamer.
Old 2010-09-16, 10:58   Link #4
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Its about damn time we get a proper sequel to PSO. I have so many fond memories of playing the gamecube version of PSO Ep.1/2, and I was sorely disappointed by the PSU games. Hopefully this will be a step in the right direction.
Old 2010-09-16, 11:30   Link #5
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

It's sadly not on the Dreamcast 2 but it will do. I came late to the party when PSO was already overrun by hackers and cheaters but still.. what an awesome experience it was and I have a lot of fond memories (aside from the fact that those damn Dreamcast VMUs were horribly unstable, I lost several characters).

Now then, I did not play Phantasy Star Universe because it didn't really interest me.. though I haven't heard a lot of good things about it so hopefully this one will be more like it's original.

I've always liked about PSO that it was simple and yet addictive. No gold grinding en-masse, no reputation grinding, no battleground grinding. Just leveling up and hunting monsters and items with small parties. You can log-in and hang around or not log-in at all without having to feel you should be "working" right now because you'll get left behind.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 12:22   Link #6
kyouray
2D > 3D

YEEEEEAAAAAAAH!

Spend so many hours on Dreamcast, Game Cube (episode 1&2) & PC (Blue Burst - ep 4) and Phantasy Universe, Zero and Portable can't hold a candle to the greatness of PSO. I'm really looking forward to this but I have to upgrade my computer I guess...
Old 2011-02-06, 09:07   Link #7
Sides

PSO2 alpha testing this summer, source andriasang.com

Alpha tester will be chosen using a draw. People who will be able to participate must either get a first print of PSPI or are players of PSOBB or PSU.

Last edited by Sides; 2011-04-24 at 03:46.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 08:01   Link #8
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Oh my god !
This is the first time I've heard about this ;_;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 04:00   Link #9
Sides

New screens hosted over on andriasang.com and info in this article
There is also a new PV that popped up on youtube and other video hosting sites. You can find some more info on segabits.com including the PV showed at the PSP2i tournament.

Official HP is (still) http://pso2.jp
You can also find the required PC specs for the alpha test, i doubt it will changed for he retail version.
Old 2011-04-24, 06:39   Link #10
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Just.... take my money, SEGA. And I hope there are plans for an English release.

The game is looking absolutely stunning. I only hope they add a more PSO-like item system, because I'm not a big fan of PSU's synthesis stuff. Sort of... kills the "whole going into an adventure expecting to get a really rare item" feeling that I loved from the original PSO.
Old 2011-04-24, 12:45   Link #11
kyouray
2D > 3D

Sides, you made my day
Screenshots are gorgeous (specially the 1st with the moon) and PSO-ish. I also like the dress of the blond haired girl.
It looks they kept a similar gameplay with the 3 hit combo and added jump action. There's also TPS style with the gun but I'm still sceptic about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
The game is looking absolutely stunning. I only hope they add a more PSO-like item system, because I'm not a big fan of PSU's synthesis stuff. Sort of... kills the "whole going into an adventure expecting to get a really rare item" feeling that I loved from the original PSO.
I agree !
This feeling and excitement when you find 'SPECIAL WEAPON'
Old 2011-04-24, 13:08   Link #12
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
I agree !
This feeling and excitement when you find 'SPECIAL WEAPON'
Pretty much. I played so much PSO (and still do, from time to time), and nothing really beats that moment when after god knows how many hunts with a bunch of friends you see that red box on the floor. And everyone proceeds to spam different sorts of emoticons that are customized, many of which involve a red box and some drooling face!

This game gets me so pumped. I hope that SEGA will give it the support it deserves over the Western market, because if well marketed, with how it's looking, it could be relatively popular. Fingers crossed.
Old 2011-04-26, 10:39   Link #13
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

So far from the trailer it looks like they captured the flavor of PSO so I hope this extends to the whole game.
Old 2011-04-28, 22:00   Link #14
Excorsism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbQGn5b1rjc

Needs more publicity! Totally looking forward to this.
Old 2011-07-07, 09:21   Link #15
Sides

Some new screens on Phantasy Star Fan Blog, showcasing RAmarl and RAcast design.
Old 2011-07-11, 07:02   Link #16
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Some new screens on Phantasy Star Fan Blog, showcasing RAmarl and RAcast design.
Thanks! I hadn't seen those yet. RAmarl looks pretty awesome.
Old 2011-07-25, 12:22   Link #17
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Phantasy Star Online 2 Media Briefing to be held on July 26th -- Streamed on Nico Nico Douga

Seems like SEGA will finally unveil some new things about the game today/tomorrow, depending on your timezone. We've had a bunch of screenshots ever since the announcement, many showing the clasic different classes that hailed from PSO, and I guess I overall like what I see. The gameplay style feels to me like a mix of good ol' PSO and PSP, which is not a bad thing and should make up for something more entertaining than PSU was, at least.

Bunch of pictures that were shown so far, all spoilered for size issues.

Spoiler:

The character art is pretty cool, and although some people dislike the block-y RAcast, I think it fits well with... well, what it is. It's a big robot thing, and it wasn't particularly aerodynamic on the first iteration of PSO either. The game looks somewhat dated compared to most recent things, but the artstyle itself is appealing. SEGA has said they don't want to make something that will keep people without very powerful machines out of the fun, and arguably for a game like PSO graphics aren't exactly the most important aspect. Market is flooded with online games, people will pick what they like best, and at least personally spaking, few games can offer the same fun that PSO does even to this very day.

On that note, let's see if tomorrow will bring us more news. I'm hoping for a good look at the FOnewearl, because that was always my favourite class.

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2011-07-25 at 13:26.
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 13:47   Link #18
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

At least the Rappies look good again. They were ugly in Phantasy Star Universe and looked too childish in Phantasy Star 0.
Old 2011-07-26, 02:45   Link #19
kyouray
2D > 3D

Just watched the Phantasy Star Online 2 Press Conference Live. It was cool but too short. I'm expecting translations of what they said.
The thing which pleased me the most was the character creation system : that's really complete ! There're a lot of options and we can even create characters with bishounen haircuts
Plus they really take care over boobs customizing but they spent too much time on the HUmar and didn't really show female customization. RAcast creation is also interesting, I think some people will create some Gundam or Eva mecha
I didn't really see new things during gameplay introduction (Jump, TPS style, ...) but I think I missed some things like level system and combos so I wait translations of the conference.
Anyway it looks great ! Taaaaaaake my money !
Some new screenshots : http://www.famitsu.com/news/201107/26047317.html
Old 2011-07-26, 03:09   Link #20
ZODDGUTS

New Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwDq7K1Ij9s
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pc-windows