AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-01, 17:00   Link #1701
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Whoa. Just whoa. BWS-R just released a DVD version of ef and I must say the visuals are a kicker in DVD form.

If I'm not mistaken, they even put in some new footage as well. Looks pretty amazing to say the least. I recommend it to all the ef fans. I suppose it makes sense since Shaft tends to rework their DVD releases, but wow. It's like EVERYTHING got a polish in this show.
Wait for a certain part in episode 3
Old 2008-07-01, 17:08   Link #1702
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

CRAP. See, I saw the
Quote:
BWS-R just released a DVD version of ef and I must say the visuals are a kicker in DVD form.
and thought it was an official DVD release that slipped through my radar

Back to a-wishin'-and-a-hopin'...

I'll bet that they wait until "melodies" airs and release it around then. I hope. And wish
Old 2008-07-02, 16:51   Link #1703
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

just re-watch ep1

i am just amaze by how good the VA's are especially the va for Chihiro and how well she convey Chihiro's emotions.

hopefully the va for the new characters in the sequel is just as good.
Old 2008-07-02, 17:18   Link #1704
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
just re-watch ep1

i am just amaze by how good the VA's are especially the va for Chihiro and how well she convey Chihiro's emotions.

Yeah, I should do that. ef is unusual in that I've only watched it once, and usually I'll watch an anime I like at least four times. Truthfully, I was so awed by its perfection in every aspect that I had to put it away and just went "whooooaaa..."

I'm sure that the quality of the sequel will be every bit as good as the original series
Old 2008-07-02, 17:33   Link #1705
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahasuerus View Post
Yeah, I should do that. ef is unusual in that I've only watched it once, and usually I'll watch an anime I like at least four times. Truthfully, I was so awed by its perfection in every aspect that I had to put it away and just went "whooooaaa..."

I'm sure that the quality of the sequel will be every bit as good as the original series
I did the same with KGNE, i just watch once but have dl the r2 dvds and bought the r1 dvd set and i have watch it once since the first time.
Old 2008-07-02, 23:35   Link #1706
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
just re-watch ep1

Wow, you actually like the VA's voice of Chihiro? I thought there were certain times where her attempt of drama felt somewhat flat, and comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysociallink View Post
Just got the r1 set myself. Can't wait to watch it.
By R1, you mean Region 1? How the heck did you get that when this series hasn't been licensed here in the U.S.?
Old 2008-07-02, 23:59   Link #1707
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysociallink View Post
Just got the r1 set myself. Can't wait to watch it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
By R1, you mean Region 1? How the heck did you get that when this series hasn't been licensed here in the U.S.?
Well, as I'm sure you probably figured as well, I'm guessing bootleg. :/ You're obviously right that there is no r1 set.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 16:58   Link #1708
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Second episode ripped from the DVD subbed.
The font is still funny-looking and curly (but readable), and there's no more transparency so it's easier to read.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 18:03   Link #1709
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

I couldn't resist I marathonned it a few nights ago and enjoyed it even more (if that's possible). Those two "telephone" scenes just by themselves are so awesome (the text messages and the phone-card)...

*sigh*... it'll be a long wait until Fall, but at least there is something to look forward to
Old 2008-07-10, 09:59   Link #1710
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahasuerus View Post

I really enjoyed ef, like many others here of course, but I don't think I could watch it again. If I did, I'd watch the whole thing to start to finish again.

It's more comedy and action series which I find easy to rewatch
Old 2008-07-10, 11:43   Link #1711
FuzzyWuzzy

Cool the next series is in fall. I didn't even know that.
I'm definitely itching to watch it.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 18:02   Link #1712
Ivanlin

i watched the first 2 ep and i thought it was confusing...dunno if i should continue watching
Ivanlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 18:19   Link #1713
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

If the style was too much for you, I don't think you should go on.
Even though the SHAFT crack animation lessens after a few episodes, the first three episodes set up the story with its imagery.
Old 2008-08-02, 09:04   Link #1714
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I'd actually say 'stick with it' for the most part. Believe me, the experimental style got me floored in the earlier episodes and I even thought it was too much. Then the more epic moments come and it's all the more worth it.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 15:25   Link #1715
Prov1

Ef congratulations. One of the best animes I've ever seen in my life. The visuals stunned me, the camera work was awesome. The love triangle was brutal, man this anime is awesome.
Prov1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 02:22   Link #1716
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Some series have a style that is a challenge to get into I guess. I enjoy accepting that challenge as long as the story is the focus rather than the presentation. Ef succeeds with both, and in spades. Too bad so many have missed out on this unflinching and involved story of interpersonal relationships.

So much of it is visually stunning, and that may put off some people. I found it really entrancing and thought-provoking. For instance (and only one example), the stained-glass floor with the sheep pegged to the middle of it, symbolising Chihiro's "situation" was awesome. Can't say more about it but both the symbolism and the story will give you cause and pause to think. And that's a good thing, because it involves you with the story to a greater extent.

That is, if that's what you want in an anime You might better like to watch things blowin' up

And that's... o-kay
Old 2008-08-28, 16:17   Link #1717
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

oh please continue really... ef's gotta be my 2nd fav anime ever

at the begining it was really confusing to me too, but then it just got better and better ^-^

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 19:02   Link #1718
blewin

I just started this anime and got to around ep 3 (haven't finished yet). The mood it gives is similar to Kanon. I hope this'll turn out to be a good one to watch.
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 23:52   Link #1719
blewin

Finished watching! and I must say, I'm very impressed with the series. I've never seen an anime told in such a way (except Mushishi, and that's different on its own). Really enjoyed the messages and the way those messages are packaged. A very brain-stimulating anime about lots of issues.

The most striking parts are probably the telephone conversation (screen skipping back and forth between the seconds and the still image of the phone booth) and Kei having a shower (using only red and white to symbolise her crime/sin). Although the characters and setting and storyline aren't anything unique and are rather cliche, the artistic and symbolic departments make of them something altogether unique and refreshing.
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 01:49   Link #1720
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

I actually felt the romance of the story was only secondary to the real themes of the story, so while I felt it was a bit cliche, it was easily overlooked.

Spoiler for Rant:

Tags
bishoujo, drama, romance, seinen, shaft