AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-01-08, 08:32   Link #921
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Matal's speech about having a shield that draws on "infinite magoi reserves" raises all sorts of alarm bells for me. I think Aladdin has very good reason to be worried about this.
You don't need his speech to know that in any conflict, he'll bleed his slaves dry literally to feed his war machine

Quote:
I see him as the final boss of the manga, a frightful existence that is ready to do anything to achieve the goal he fixed to himself: protecting his country.
He's far from last boss material....
Old 2013-01-08, 09:51   Link #922
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
He's already using 2 of his several trump cards... just to fend off cannon fodder.

And I've just realised 2 of the 3 Laem dungeon conquerers... aren't even participating in the campaign.
And those troops are just Reim's normal legions. It seems like the Fanalis corp will attack from a different location ( probably underground ). Still, Reim clearly show that their army are not at the peak condition anymore. Their commander are arrogant and ignorant, he also show that he doesn't know jack about what the magicians can do while Kou seems to be fully aware of Magnoshutatt's abilities ( Hence why Kouha still watching from a far ). Reim seems more like a East Roman Empire that near it end and it's being hold together by Scher herself.
Old 2013-01-08, 18:27   Link #923
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Laem still has a special guest appearance in the form of Alibaba- Amon's sword can cut through that barrier if I didn't remember wrongly?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 18:42   Link #924
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Laem still has a special guest appearance in the form of Alibaba- Amon's sword can cut through that barrier if I didn't remember wrongly?
Your probably right. It's kind of glossed over, but Amon's sword is actually really over-powered. It seems to be able to cut anything, including a metal vessel in full Djinn Equip mode (Hakuryuu). Which brings up an interesting point of how powerful Alibaba's Djinn Equip will be....
Old 2013-01-08, 18:53   Link #925
Kazu-kun

But I don't think Alibaba would break. He's just a guest, he isn't fighting for them. At least that's the impression I got.
Old 2013-01-08, 19:17   Link #926
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But I don't think Alibaba would break. He's just a guest, he isn't fighting for them. At least that's the impression I got.
But it feels strange if they brought him to a war zone and not USE him.

They can't just be treating him to a good show right ?
Old 2013-01-08, 19:44   Link #927
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I think Alibaba wouldn't intervene in the war, unless one of two things happened.

1. Moga pulls his 'Dark Djinn' card.
2. He comes in contact with Aladdin.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 19:47   Link #928
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I think Alibaba wouldn't intervene in the war, unless one of two things happened.
You're thinking the Black Djinn?

Well either way I doubt Sheherazade would bring him if she doesn't intent to use him in the fight one way or another.
Old 2013-01-08, 19:56   Link #929
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You're thinking the Black Djinn?

Well either way I doubt Sheherazade would bring him if she doesn't intent to use him in the fight one way or another.
So far, it seems that that the Alibaba factor in the whole thing is only Mu obliging a friendly request from a someone who's gained his respect.

Of course, I stand to be proven wrong, but it seems like a really far stretch, even for Shezzy, to just 'bring' a 3rd party over and expect him to do your biddings. ( especially since he has a friend currently located at the enemy's side )

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2013-01-08, 23:21   Link #930
marvelB

Yeah, the way I see it is that Alibaba is basically a neutral party in this war.... for now. It's not like he has any reason to fight against those mages in the first place (he's only a guest at Reim, not an actual member of its army, so the conflict has jack to do with him). I'd think it's safe to assume that he won't take any direct action against either warring party until he gets the full story from Aladdin.....

However, I could also see one more reason for Baba to involve himself in the war: The potential invasion from Kou. Or to be more specific, if he spots some familiar faces participating in the campaign (Hakuryuu, Kougyoku)......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 12:25   Link #931
shalala

I would also agree that Alibaba wouldn't be fighting with Leam as part of their army. But how is he going to meet up with Aladdin if the barrier is so far in the way and that the magicians would also see him has him being part of Leam army even he says he is not. So he is bond to defend him self if he is to be attacked which would then be shown to the rest of the magicians and Aladdin that Alibaba is fighting on Leam side.

MarvelB
Quote:
However, I could also see one more reason for Baba to involve himself in the war: The potential invasion from Kou. Or to be more specific, if he spots some familiar faces participating in the campaign (Hakuryuu, Kougyoku)......
I was under the impression that one of the older brothers would have join this war. Also if Hakuryuu would be joining this war then would that also not mean another time flash back to show us what happen to him when Judel spoke with him? Also wouldn't this war be a good time to show off Hakuei Ren army of house hold vessels? Who could be up against the fanalist coup.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 07:34   Link #932
thunder123456

well, the translated text is out ^^

Spoiler for ch 169:
thunder123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 07:45   Link #933
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Looks like you all guessed wrong, lol.
Old 2013-01-13, 07:58   Link #934
shalala

Reallly
Spoiler for Chapter 169:
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 08:04   Link #935
thunder123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Reallly
Spoiler for Chapter 169:
Spoiler for for chapter 169:
thunder123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 08:20   Link #936
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Spoiler:

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 08:21   Link #937
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Reallly
Spoiler for Chapter 169:
Spoiler for reply:
Old 2013-01-13, 08:23   Link #938
konart

Spoiler for 169:
Old 2013-01-13, 10:15   Link #939
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

PREVIOUSLY ON MAGI
MOGA: HAHAHA MY TRUMP CARDS

Spoiler for 169:

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Spoiler for 169:
Spoiler:

Old 2013-01-13, 10:35   Link #940
Sixth
Hu Tao

Just read this manga, and it is wrong for me to read this manga because of the 8th princess and Sinbad? Also, the 'new" emperor is kinda hot...too bad she is a villain. I wonder, why would she gives birth to so many lives if she doesn't care about them....
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen