Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Don't forget Robocop.

http://robocoppin.ytmnd.com/
Old 2013-07-18, 21:37   Link #29503
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I call bullshit. They never intended to allow citizens to know about it, that's all. They knew full well what was happening the entire time.
Some of them, perhaps. But a lot of our representatives aren't really as clued in as we'd think, or like them to be. Historically our political system, at all levels, has demonstrated a lot of examples of one hand not knowing, understanding, or caring what the other is doing.

The nation (all sectors) is increasingly short term in thought and action, at the cost of the long term. Caught up in the moment. When a politician claims they didn't think "more security" would create an Orwellian apparatus, I'm genuinely not surprised. Best intentions, and all that. A lot of these people aren't looking at the possible consequences years down the road, they're focused on the next election and their own careers.
Old 2013-07-18, 21:54   Link #29504
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Amazing O_O, Kim's Sushi Chief defected back into North Korea.
Old 2013-07-18, 22:06   Link #29505
AnimeFan188

Scoop: Family Guy Crossover Will Introduce the Griffins to The Simpsons in Fall 2014!:

"TVLine has learned that in a fall 2014 episode of Family Guy, Peter & Co. pay a visit
to Springfield, where they’ll be befriended by Homer & Co."

See:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/scoop-famil...185958384.html
Old 2013-07-18, 22:16   Link #29506
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Scoop: Family Guy Crossover Will Introduce the Griffins to The Simpsons in Fall 2014!:

"TVLine has learned that in a fall 2014 episode of Family Guy, Peter & Co. pay a visit
to Springfield, where they’ll be befriended by Homer & Co."

See:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/scoop-famil...185958384.html
This is unacceptable!
Old 2013-07-18, 22:31   Link #29507
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Venezuela slams U.S. over 'repressive regimes' remarks
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...96I04820130719

Russia jails top opposition leader; Putin denounced as dictator
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...96G0WO20130718
Old 2013-07-19, 00:28   Link #29508
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Russia jails top opposition leader; Putin denounced as dictator
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...96G0WO20130718
That was utter ridiculous indeed; I can bet anything by saying this is an entire farce.

Putin OUT!
Old 2013-07-19, 11:57   Link #29509
AnimeFan188

Report: Nearly Half Of Detroiters Can’t Read:

"According to a new report, 47 percent of Detroiters are ”functionally illiterate.” The
alarming new statistics were released by the Detroit Regional Workforce Fund on
Wednesday.

WWJ Newsradio 950 spoke with the Fund’s Director, Karen Tyler-Ruiz, who explained
exactly what this means.

“Not able to fill out basic forms, for getting a job — those types of basic everyday
(things). Reading a prescription; what’s on the bottle, how many you should take…
just your basic everyday tasks,” she said."

See:

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2011/05/...ers-cant-read/
Old 2013-07-19, 16:29   Link #29510
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

The latest risk in Tourre trial: jurors dozing and losing the plot
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...96G19720130719

SEC seeking to ban SAC's Cohen from financial industry
http://preview.reuters.com/2013/7/19...ith-failure-to
Old 2013-07-20, 03:35   Link #29511
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Jenny McCarthy to join the The View

This came out a few days ago, and I really wouldn't touch the show with a ten foot pole, but assuming this goes through and the show is actually that popular she and her new age medicine anti-vaccine ilk will have a bigger platform to spread discredited medical research.

And kill more people along the way.
Old 2013-07-20, 04:40   Link #29512
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Has anyone ever told her that child vaccination is mandatory in much of Japan, and I assume a lot of modern Asian countries, and we don't really have higher percentage of autism problem? Heck they changed the vaccination from combined to individual (I got the combined since I got it in early 80s, before they discontinued) and it made not a lick of difference in autism rate.

Or is she completely deaf to anything not based on witch doctor voodoo.
Old 2013-07-20, 06:27   Link #29513
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Has anyone ever told her that child vaccination is mandatory in much of Japan, and I assume a lot of modern Asian countries, and we don't really have higher percentage of autism problem? Heck they changed the vaccination from combined to individual (I got the combined since I got it in early 80s, before they discontinued) and it made not a lick of difference in autism rate.

We have mandatory vaccination too. 3 at 1 years old, 2 at 6 years old, 3 at 12 years old.

And I have 1 for working at F&B, 1 for shipboarding, 1 for the jungle when I was in the army. And I don't think I am mentally retarded nor crazy in any form (other than dyslexia).

So what is with her lack of acceptance at information?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-07-20, 06:37   Link #29514
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Why many abortion clinics in Texas may stay open despite new law
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...96H1GE20130718

North Korean ship was carrying sugar donation, Cuba told Panama

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...96I1A020130720
Old 2013-07-20, 07:22   Link #29515
JokerD

Quote:

A failure to accept that it was her own genes and/or lack of screening that caused her child's autism?

Edit: China blast at Beijing airport terminal

Quote:
There has been an explosion at Beijing Capital International Airport's Terminal 3, with a man in a wheelchair apparently detonating a device.

Photos posted on China's Weibo microblogging site showed a dark-haired man waving a white package in the air before the blast.

Later images showed the wheelchair on its side with officials treating a man on the floor.

His condition was unclear. Smoke spread through the terminal after the blast.

The device went off shortly before 18:30 (10:30 GMT) near one of the terminal's arrival gates.

Xinhua news agency showed several medical workers providing emergency treatment, with police officers also at the scene.
Police and security personnel at Beijing Capital International Airport (20 July 2013)

The man was named by Chinese state broadcaster CCTV as Ji Zhongxing, from Shandong province in China's north-east. He blew up a package of gunpowder and was taken to hospital, CCTV reported.
Old 2013-07-20, 09:17   Link #29516
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
We have mandatory vaccination too. 3 at 1 years old, 2 at 6 years old, 3 at 12 years old.

And I have 1 for working at F&B, 1 for shipboarding, 1 for the jungle when I was in the army. And I don't think I am mentally retarded nor crazy in any form (other than dyslexia).

So what is with her lack of acceptance at information?
Certainly not retarded, but "not crazy"?
We have to investigate that claim, SH!
Old 2013-07-20, 09:29   Link #29517
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
North Korean ship was carrying sugar donation, Cuba told Panama

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...96I1A020130720
I linked to this earlier. I also believe they are all telling the truth; that Cuba needed their old weapons repaired, and NK is willing to "work for food". As far as international security is concerned, it's relatively harmless. It's just that trade embargoes are meant to make NK's life difficult, and something as innocent as this is caught in the crossfire.

The Unite States appear to be wiling to let the matter drop. It is technically an infringement, but not anything to be afraid of. So the only thing left is Panama's laws on what happens when people lie in their shipping manifest.
Old 2013-07-20, 11:01   Link #29518
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I linked to this earlier. I also believe they are all telling the truth; that Cuba needed their old weapons repaired, and NK is willing to "work for food". As far as international security is concerned, it's relatively harmless. It's just that trade embargoes are meant to make NK's life difficult, and something as innocent as this is caught in the crossfire.

The Unite States appear to be wiling to let the matter drop. It is technically an infringement, but not anything to be afraid of. So the only thing left is Panama's laws on what happens when people lie in their shipping manifest.
Old weapon there might be, but there's still missile parts in there, a missile with 70s tech can fly just as well as something from the 2010s...
How that it's blown up in the news, how are they going to move it back to Cuba after it's 'repaired'?

The more cynical part of me believes that US wants it to go through, so they can show satellite photos of missile parts being unloaded for more UN action
Old 2013-07-20, 11:27   Link #29519
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Old weapon there might be, but there's still missile parts in there, a missile with 70s tech can fly just as well as something from the 2010s...
How that it's blown up in the news, how are they going to move it back to Cuba after it's 'repaired'?

The more cynical part of me believes that US wants it to go through, so they can show satellite photos of missile parts being unloaded for more UN action
Actually, if NK could actually repair these missile parts, while Cuba couldn't, that indirectly implied that NK already got the technology. So as I say, the threat of NK being more armed than they already were is low.

Chances are Panama would actually confiscate the weapons and destroy them. Not because of UN regulations, but because NK broke Panama laws. They WERE smuggling, and there had to be consequences. Panama has a reputation to upkeep. Can't let anyone believe they would ignore smugglers in their canals.
Old 2013-07-20, 16:57   Link #29520
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Jenny McCarthy to join the The View

This came out a few days ago, and I really wouldn't touch the show with a ten foot pole, but assuming this goes through and the show is actually that popular she and her new age medicine anti-vaccine ilk will have a bigger platform to spread discredited medical research.

And kill more people along the way.
I work a little in the autism domain and this is a kind of person whom I'd keep telling her to bugger off. Andrew Wakefield was a fraud and got fired from the medical corps 3 years ago because of his fraudulent autism/vaccines study. Live with it!

Quote:

Good to know about the mandatory vaccination in Japan. It's a shame we don't have it as a hard rock obligation (although it's a very strong recommendation).

McCarthy's not deaf, she's daft. There's the difference. It's because of twats like her if kids will die because they don't get those affordable vaccines against diseases.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2013-07-20 at 17:13.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international