AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Old 2014-02-26, 10:00   Link #181
HinataShou

new scan

HinataShou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 12:03   Link #182
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

So we'll get a mix of up till the "shadows" arc?

We get the coup against angel, we get the hunting of the SSS, we get the dissolving (or not) of GDM...

That's a lot.

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 21:45   Link #183
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Can't wait for this to come out. Though, I kind of feel odd about having Yui with anyone else but Hinata >.>
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 22:07   Link #184
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I bet a lot more people feel odd about having YURI with hinata

Old 2014-02-26, 22:19   Link #185
Excorsism

Yui with Otonashi? This game is dead to me.

Just overreacting but my pitch forks are ready.
Old 2014-02-26, 22:27   Link #186
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I bet a lot more people feel odd about having YURI with hinata
Those people don't know about Heaven's Door.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 22:39   Link #187
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Or maybe because said people have read heaven's door in hopes of finding what's the big deal about them two and not finding anything interesting.

Old 2014-02-27, 08:56   Link #188
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
The current plan is 6 volumes total. All members of the SSS will appear in volume 1, and it will comprise episodes 1 – 9 of the anime. That will be the common route and after that, 3 character routes.

We plan to release volumes 2 and on at half-year intervals. We want to completely finish volume 1 first and use that as a basis, then release volumes 2 and on at fixed intervals as cheaply as we can.

Volume 1 will be the largest. If you install volumes 2 and up on the same PC, certain character dialogues from volume 1 will change.

Volume 1 alone looks like it’ll have more CGs than all of Clannad.

In addition to the common route, volume 1 will tell Iwasawa, Yui, and Matsushita’s stories. Iwasawa and Yui are both popular, so they’re a given. Matsushita’s character has a certain “gimmick”, so we made him the only selectable male character to make volume 1 a little more interesting.

All the male and female SSS members will have routes. We’ll slowly include male characters throughout the first half, or else the latter half will become a sausage fest.

The heroines will not necessarily be intimate with Otonashi. No one’s looking forward to OtonashixYui romance, right?

President Baba rejected having mini-games at first, but somehow we got permission to put them in.

AB! is the most RPG-like work among Key games, so we wanted to make it as an RPG at first. But that would have taken 10 years to complete.

The character designer is Na-Ga, but he will supervise the artwork over a few other CG artists. Na-Ga himself may be in charge of the art for a few characters.

The scenario writers are Maeda Jun, Kai, and Kashida Leo. We’re using a method we’ve never used before. Maeda will touch up the scenarios written by the other two writers. Rather than saying he’s the supervisor, it’s more like a joint work with him at the lead.

The music will be from the anime. The TV anime’s ED, Brave Song, is written from Yuri’s point of view, so the game will have a new ED. If we had more time we would have liked to release a new album by Iwasawa along with the game, but our schedule is jam-packed even into the weekends right now so that’d be tough.

The game will be fully voiced with the same seiyuu from the anime. During the auditions for the anime, we told the seiyuu that it was a “work with a game adaptation in mind.” Otonashi will not be fully voiced. He will only be voiced when the story changes perspective to another character.

Of course, depending on the choices you make in the game, the story will diverge from the anime’s story. For example, the scene where everyone descends down to Guild in episode 2 – you can choose to get Otonashi caught in a trap and drop out, and then when he wakes up the next day the Guild is gone all of a sudden. Of course you can still continue the game after that and reach an ending.

Clannad had several minor scene branches, but AB! will take that even further. We don’t like choices that have no meaning (no effect on the story branching), so every choice will result in some sort of branch or scene variation.

At the beginning of the game, Otonashi’s tastes are plain. But depending on your choices, Otonashi can become a homo who crushes on Hinata or Noda, a yuri-lover, or incredibly idiotic. The other members will have unique reactions to each of Otonashi’s personalities.

They won’t be in the first volume, but we plan to have original characters designed by Na-Ga appear later. They will support Otonashi in his efforts to make the other members graduate from the afterworld.

As a “visual novel by Maeda Jun”, this can be considered his posthumous work.
It looks like the Yui route is going to be platonic so all you Yui/Hinata fans shouldn't worry.
I have no clue about how reliable this is though.
Old 2014-02-27, 09:04   Link #189
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

This... looks way too good.

Where's the hitch? Of course, I don't know japanese. Damnit. Hoping for a 2016 fan translation

Old 2014-02-27, 09:30   Link #190
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The hitch is that it's split into six parts unlike most works by Key. I'm not surprised if the most favorite arc of all, the highly-coveted Angel Route, would be available only when Volume 6 comes.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2014-02-27, 09:39   Link #191
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
The hitch is that it's split into six parts unlike most works by Key. I'm not surprised if the most favorite arc of all, the highly-coveted Angel Route, would be available only when Volume 6 comes.
Why would Kanade's route be highly coveted? We already have that in the anime.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 12:33   Link #192
Silverkite
moetastic !

Shiina?Where is my Shiina?
Old 2014-02-27, 15:56   Link #193
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
What he said.

I want a Yurippe route. And a GDM extras route. And a TK route. And a mic-user blondie (name eludes me) route.

Old 2014-02-27, 19:30   Link #194
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
That's the point. If even Yui can get a decent route for herself, then it is expected to see a more expanded Kanade route in the VNs.

Old 2014-02-28, 02:28   Link #195
Vicious Killer

I hope this game will explain why Yusa died. Also the reason why Yuzuru died before Kanade but he came after her, should be told. But I still counting on this game
Vicious Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 04:39   Link #196
smilewolfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverkite View Post
Shiina?Where is my Shiina?
this

I'm still wondering though, how the common route will work without Iwasawa disappearing, since her route would occur at the end of the common route o-o

so like, she plays my song, but the teachers cut her off halfway through, she doesn't disappear, but after having her guitar stolen she refuses to sing anymore, and that is when Yui joins o-o I am really bad at guessing....

are the chances we will see reviews or stuff from the japanese fans within a month of it's release. I can't wait for translation, i want spoilers at the very least T-T
Old 2014-02-28, 10:46   Link #197
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious Killer View Post
I hope this game will explain why Yusa died. Also the reason why Yuzuru died before Kanade but he came after her, should be told. But I still counting on this game
Pretty sure both are explained in the prequel manga. Or at least, Yusa's arc is the current one, so if it hasn't been explained yet, it will be shortly. As for the second question... people assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 11:31   Link #198
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilewolfy View Post
this

I'm still wondering though, how the common route will work without Iwasawa disappearing, since her route would occur at the end of the common route o-o

so like, she plays my song, but the teachers cut her off halfway through, she doesn't disappear, but after having her guitar stolen she refuses to sing anymore, and that is when Yui joins o-o I am really bad at guessing....

are the chances we will see reviews or stuff from the japanese fans within a month of it's release. I can't wait for translation, i want spoilers at the very least T-T
Maybe it never gets to the point of her playing "my song" because Otonashi tackles a few of the teachers (scenario: Otonashi doesn't infiltrate Tenshi's room but acts as one of the "bouncers" of GDM) before they get to her. They finish Alchemy, they go for thousand enemies or something and then they bail.

That way my song isn't played and she doesn't leave, or she plays the song but feels like she has a debt to otonashi?

Hell if I know.

Old 2014-02-28, 16:50   Link #199
ukulelembo
Detective

Some new CG in HD:

ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote