AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 134 63.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 59 27.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 5.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.47%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.95%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-04, 08:49   Link #321
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Interesting note:

I check how the torrents do after every week before a new episode comes out and saw something very surprising: This is the most unpopular CG release since episode 14 which is filler. Weird how that happened seeing as how this is probably the most important episode to date.
I dunno about other people, but since some episodes back I haven't been torrenting the .mkvs, just downloading the subtitle scripts and playing them with the raws. Higher resolution and saves lots of space on my HDD.
Old 2009-03-04, 08:58   Link #322
ElementSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
Tumbling dozens of feet down a snowy hill with trees along the way and landing hard enough on SNOW to warrant spillage of blood can be considered pretty serious. Could have formed a brain clot, or spinal injury, or worse. Also, the snow provided Taiga pretty solid insulation from the cold, so she probably won't have froze to near-death.

But as we all know, Taiga becoming a vegetable or being permanently MIA from the story would be a big NO NO, so we can all relax.
Toradora made by Key: Taiga's fall damages her brain and she becomes a retard, but Ryuuji impregnates her anyway. Taiga dies in childbirth, but the baby turns out to be a robot sent from the future to teach Ryuuji how to love again. After falling into a funk Minori uses sex to open Ryuuji's heart and the robot-baby is allowed to ascend into heaven.

And then Ami turns into a space ghost raven.
Old 2009-03-04, 09:12   Link #323
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementSun View Post
Toradora made by Key: Taiga's fall damages her brain and she becomes a retard, but Ryuuji impregnates her anyway.
That's a no-no!
Old 2009-03-04, 09:12   Link #324
kyomagi

Quote:
Toradora made by Key: Taiga's fall damages her brain and she becomes a retard, but Ryuuji impregnates her anyway. Taiga dies in childbirth, but the baby turns out to be a robot sent from the future to teach Ryuuji how to love again. After falling into a funk Minori uses sex to open Ryuuji's heart and the robot-baby is allowed to ascend into heaven.

Are you high? Or did you hit it head before typing this LOL
Old 2009-03-04, 09:13   Link #325
ElementSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyomagi View Post
Are you high? Or did you hit it head before typing this LOL
Dude, look at Clannad, Air, and Kanon.

Key is the one who's high >_<
Old 2009-03-04, 09:20   Link #326
kyomagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppygod View Post
Since it's still some time to Ep.22, let's discuss this scenario some more

What we know:
- Taiga had some kind of head trauma (hit at least hard enough to shatter goggles).
- She is small and slender, but have proper winter clothes.
- She spend some time (at least from before sunset to after sunset) outside in the snow.
- Her symptoms include confusion, pain, she didn't open eyes when called to, nor make any significant movements.
- There are other people looking for her.

What we don't know:
- How long she was in the snow (probably at least an hour).
- If there is proper rescue personnel / EMT ambulance on standby or how much time take them to arrive on scene.
- How far is from accident scene to resort.

Things nobody know:
- Extent of Taiga head injuries - with those symptoms it might be anything from just slight concussion to life-threatening internal bleeding.
- How serious is her hypothermia.
- If she have some other injuries, including spinal / internal.

Usually it's good idea to not move person until we know there is no spinal injuries, but:
- she needs proper medical evaluation and CT scan asap.
- She probably has serious hypothermia, and without thermal blanket there is no way to stabilize her on scene (snow / body heat etc. are good ideas if you have time to build shelter and you are healthy person in good physical condition).

So, in my opinion, unless there is possibility of getting proper equipment (orthopedic collar, thermal blanket etc.) or even better proper EMT ambulance within minutes, I'd say move her. There is some risk involved, yes, but there is no realistic way to stabilize her on scene. And if she stay there, she will die.
I hate to crush your dreams, but no.

Take it from someone who has read the light novels, and eagerly waiting the 10th volume...

NONE of what you said comes into play, PERIOD.

Sorry, he is still not getting together with ami.
Old 2009-03-04, 09:21   Link #327
kyomagi

Quote:
Dude, look at Clannad, Air, and Kanon.

Key is the one who's high >_<

Key is following the games for all three of those anime. and all three ended the way the game ends. Key is following the light novel and has been following it tightly. Key is capable of not jerking our hearts around in an anime.
Old 2009-03-04, 09:22   Link #328
ElementSun

Quote:
Key is following the games for all three of those anime. and all three ended the way the game ends. Key is following the light novel and has been following it tightly. Key is capable of not jerking our hearts around in an anime.
lol it's just a joke Xd
Old 2009-03-04, 10:45   Link #329
kyomagi

i know lol, im gonna troll the ani fan clubs when it ends.
Old 2009-03-04, 16:18   Link #330
puppygod

Quote:
I hate to crush your dreams, but no.

Take it from someone who has read the light novels, and eagerly waiting the 10th volume...

NONE of what you said comes into play, PERIOD.

Sorry, he is still not getting together with ami.
Huh? I think you quoted wrong post...
Old 2009-03-04, 18:55   Link #331
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Interesting note:

I check how the torrents do after every week before a new episode comes out and saw something very surprising: This is the most unpopular CG release since episode 14 which is filler. Weird how that happened seeing as how this is probably the most important episode to date.
There are other releases too, like CoalGirls.
Old 2009-03-04, 20:00   Link #332
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
There are other releases too, like CoalGirls.
I'm taking that into account. Even when you add it in it was low (Not to mention a lot of the Girls downloads were overlap given that they're not new translations and merely upscaled versions of the CoalGuys vids).
Old 2009-03-04, 21:03   Link #333
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I'm taking that into account. Even when you add it in it was low (Not to mention a lot of the Girls downloads were overlap given that they're not new translations and merely upscaled versions of the CoalGuys vids).
Eh, whatever. Maybe some people preferred the comedy over the drama. It doesn't matter anyway.
Old 2009-03-04, 21:06   Link #334
Isekaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
That's a no-no!

Spoiler:

sorry couldn't resist

Now on topic

Now Ryuuji truly fell for her, and now things should go smoothly for both of them. Got to admit it, I feel truly satisfied with the pairing of Ryuuji and Taiga. Then again, Taiga is still in her mode "I can't let you worry about me" Next episode will be da bomb

Being only a few episodes left, all's great. But I think there are still a few surprises left for us to see.
Old 2009-03-09, 01:50   Link #335
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
I dunno about other people, but since some episodes back I haven't been torrenting the .mkvs, just downloading the subtitle scripts and playing them with the raws. Higher resolution and saves lots of space on my HDD.
How are the RAWs high resolution compared to the matroska files? and how does that save you HD space?

Quote:

Hahaha i LOL'd at that. That would definately be how key did that visual novel.

remember in Kanon when Makota has reverted to the mind of an infant? Keichi fucks the shit out of her. Thats like fucking a retarded person.
Old 2009-03-09, 05:41   Link #336
wistfulloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
How are the RAWs high resolution compared to the matroska files? and how does that save you HD space?
.mkvs can get pretty big, especially if you download a lot. I usually just convert them to .flvs after downloading and watch them on my Total Video Player. Almost similar quality and saves around 60% space.
Old 2009-03-09, 14:22   Link #337
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Well I don't like deleting things so before I'd have both the raw and the MKV, the raw for if I wanted a high resolution screenshot or just wanted to watch it in higher res for some reason, and the MKV so, you know, I could understand it. XD Hence this halves the amount of HDD space I use.
Old 2009-03-09, 15:52   Link #338
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

isn't mkv a container format?

so an mkv file should be video file + audio file + subtitle file = .mkv file size

so it depends on what kind of video is inside the mkv file.

also Raiga, if you are using a player that has Matroska support built in you can turn the subtitles off.
Old 2009-03-09, 17:18   Link #339
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
isn't mkv a container format?

so an mkv file should be video file + audio file + subtitle file = .mkv file size

so it depends on what kind of video is inside the mkv file.

also Raiga, if you are using a player that has Matroska support built in you can turn the subtitles off.
Oh, I know, it's the resolution thing. I like to watch in 720p if I can.
Old 2010-08-23, 20:31   Link #340
Heiwatsuki

i seriously can hardly put into the words of what im feeling about toradora right now.. my god.. toradora is seriously so godly amazing... really good drama anime, no unnecessary jokes,Cute characters and sometimes amazing animation, Seriously freaking amazing drama and ect. There were so many times where i clenched my fists, and went YESSSS!!!! When i heard Taigas last words on that ep, i was like My god... omg omg omg. Bleh this anime seems well planned out and really good. The main character is my role model and my favorite character of his personality, i really liked the glasses dude and everyone else too. I truly felt happy watching ryuji and everyone else having fun.. The opening and ending songs were really emotional and good. Also the backgrounds music is just indescribably perfect. Thank you creators of toradora.. i love you lol. Btw, Raiga, i love your sig, what anime is that from? The lighting and mood of that pic is godly.
Closed Thread