AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 10 16.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 40.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 28.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 8.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-31, 11:06   Link #81
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodi View Post
Only in anime, not in real life.

Exactly, which is why Kou "might" success, But I still don't think Ohana will end up with Kou unless Ohana moves back or Kou moves over here.

Personally I think the series will end with Ohana having no boyfriend.

But, yeah, in real life girls (or guys) don't remain a close friendship if one party ever harbors feeling for another....
Old 2011-05-31, 13:04   Link #82
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Excellent episode. Plenty of laughs and the drama was right on par with the comedy. It made for a nice blend.

Kou really makes me face palm though. He goes all that way, only to go back!? Dude... there are other hotels. I was hoping he'd go to the other hotel to stir up some drama. But oh well.

And the animation is really wonderful. The detail with the hair when Ohana went to sleep, for example, beautiful.
Old 2011-05-31, 16:11   Link #83
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

The main reason I'm dubious about Ohana/Ko panning out, is mainly the fact that long distance relationships don't tend to work out very often. Conceivably it could be overcome in a more romantic show...but that's the thing. Hanasaku Iroha is fundamentally, at it's core, a very unromantic show. The entire first few episodes were based entirely around of stripping away those romantic notions that Ohana had about her new life at the inn. And I just don't see this series as going to haul out a big giant romantic plot device so that Ohana and Ko can be together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Friendship shouldn't fracture as being friends does not mean any romantic attachment.

Girls can have "guy friends" and them not be the boyfriend.
Chris Rock would probably disagree with this assessment
Old 2011-05-31, 17:37   Link #84
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post

But, yeah, in real life girls (or guys) don't remain a close friendship if one party ever harbors feeling for another....
Well, that's kind of half and half. Years ago I used to like one of my guy friends but I never confessed. But even though I was extremely infatuated with him, we kept a close friendship.

It wasn't until about a month ago that he confessed to me that back then he had had feelings for me and I confessed that I had also liked him. But now that I don't feel the same about him, and that I know about the feelings we had had for each other, it really is kind of hard to keep a friendship stable.

But I mean, before confessing, the friendship worked...after confessing...things aren't looking so good. At least not on my end. :P

So maybe Ohana and Ko might end up drifting apart? Or it could be possible that they patch things up and remain friends. I dunno. :/
Old 2011-05-31, 18:01   Link #85
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
So maybe Ohana and Ko might end up drifting apart? Or it could be possible that they patch things up and remain friends. I dunno. :/
I dunno. Perhaps they'll go their separate ways on amicable terms, friendly, but knowing they probably won't ever be going back to those innocent days of friendship with eachother.
Old 2011-05-31, 18:24   Link #86
hanashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
The main reason I'm dubious about Ohana/Ko panning out, is mainly the fact that long distance relationships don't tend to work out very often. Conceivably it could be overcome in a more romantic show...but that's the thing. Hanasaku Iroha is fundamentally, at it's core, a very unromantic show. The entire first few episodes were based entirely around of stripping away those romantic notions that Ohana had about her new life at the inn. And I just don't see this series as going to haul out a big giant romantic plot device so that Ohana and Ko can be together.

Chris Rock would probably disagree with this assessment

LOL. That Chris Rock clip was the first thing that came to my mind when I read that.
Old 2011-05-31, 18:25   Link #87
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

@ Rambo:
Something like this??

Spoiler for OP:

BTW, when are we getting new Op? Episode 13...14??
Old 2011-05-31, 18:33   Link #88
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

Uhh, someone said it was 14. But I'm not sure?
Old 2011-05-31, 19:01   Link #89
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

We're getting a new OP? Oh man. This can't be good for Ko. All he's got is that shot of him with Ohana in the opening...and that could all get changed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
@ Rambo:
Something like this??
Man. This is so sad it's almost a little bit funny.
Old 2011-05-31, 19:06   Link #90
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
We're getting a new OP? Oh man. This can't be good for Ko. All he's got is that shot of him with Ohana in the opening...and that could all get changed!
Man. This is so sad it's almost a little bit funny.
On the contrary,I'll go with Guardian Enzo's theory:Ohana moves back to the city to live some new adventures there,therefore a new OP is needed and it'll have a lot more Ko as well as Glasses girl!

Ok,so it's probably just wishfull thinking but I'll throw it out there anyway
Old 2011-05-31, 19:21   Link #91
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
On the contrary,I'll go with Guardian Enzo's theory:Ohana moves back to the city to live some new adventures there,therefore a new OP is needed and it'll have a lot more Ko as well as Glasses girl!

Ok,so it's probably just wishfull thinking but I'll throw it out there anyway
Any returning Ohana back to Tokyo is just going to be to contrast to just how much she was enjoying her job at the inn, and the time she spent with coworkers there.
Old 2011-05-31, 19:42   Link #92
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Kou pairing or not, my bet is that Ohana ends the series living back in Tokyo.
Old 2011-05-31, 20:26   Link #93
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

I don't really think Ohana will go back to Tokyo at the end of the series. She clearly said it herself in the first episode, that she was bored/practically hated living in the city. I know many will say that since she'll mature, she'll probz view it differently. But I don't think so.

I think she'll just grow to be more encouraged to get the Inn back in business or to pursue a future in a new place, where she can keep on growing. Or perhaps she'll study abroad, gain some business knowledge and return to Kissuiso. I mean, it is the family business after all. o.O
Old 2011-05-31, 21:10   Link #94
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I'm not sure where the idea of Ohana returning to Tokyo is coming from. It seems odd given that she's growing so attached to her life at the inn, and the fact that she currently doesn't even HAVE anyplace in Tokyo to live, considering that her mom got out of dodge with her boyfriend.
Old 2011-05-31, 21:36   Link #95
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Kou pairing or not, my bet is that Ohana ends the series living back in Tokyo.
I agree with you there. And if not the series, she'd prolly return for college anyway. Hang on Ko!!
Old 2011-05-31, 21:38   Link #96
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

We'll see. I don't think the series is going to just leave things off with her Mother the way they are - I expect some sort of confrontation, probably involving Grandma, followed by a reconciliation. It wouldn't surprise me a bit to see them living together when it's all said and done, and Tokyo is one place where that could happen.

It's all a guess at this point anyway, so who knows. With no source material for spoilage we're all in the same boat for a change.
Old 2011-06-01, 02:26   Link #97
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I, too, seriously doubt that Ohana will go back to Tokyo unless she intended to go to college. Even if she were given the choice now, she wouldn't leave Kissuiso for Tokyo, especially if her mother was involved. I would guess she's the last person Ohana would want to return to. She loves her life at Kissuiso. By comparison, she never liked living with her mother and was practically all alone, being neglected and taking care of all the house matters herself, and she also gets paid more at Kissuiso Additionally, I've gotten used to the idea that life at Kissuiso really suits Ohana's character much better than life with her mother because it's given her the chance to grow and become more complete as a character and a human being.
Old 2011-06-01, 04:11   Link #98
Jonothon

People... Ohana has at least a year or two of high school left. Tokyo in the immediate anime future makes soesn't make any kind of sense.

Nor do I think she would leave even if her mother sent for her. I mean, "tch".

Also realize that even after a few years or more down the road, if Ohana and Kou meet up again, they would be both much more mature and able to begin a relationship. If not Kou, then Tohru or Ren or Minchi or Jiro the bufoon or some player to be named later.

Its a good series and I'm enjoying each episode, even the ones that are counted as weak or filler. The animation is wonderful and so far, so good as a series. I'll just let each arc unfold and see where it ends up.
Old 2011-06-02, 07:28   Link #99
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonothon View Post
People... Ohana has at least a year or two of high school left. Tokyo in the immediate anime future makes soesn't make any kind of sense.
Agreed. Especially when there's so much energy invested in the show surrounding Kissou. Going back to Tokyo...just doesn't accomplish much or leave you with much to do.

I mean, sure she could pursue her relationship with Kou...but this isn't a primarily romantically driven story. Sending Ohana off to someplace where the only meaningful activity she could engage in was romance wouldn't accomplish much.

You could have her interact with her mom...but really. I get the feeling that we'd get a much better understanding of Ohana and her relationship with her mother by spending time at Kissou. Since we'd be able to explore things about her mom that Ohana doesn't necessarily know. Like why her Mom has been disowned, things of that nature.
Quote:
Nor do I think she would leave even if her mother sent for her. I mean, "tch".
I get the feeling that this will be the ultimate conclusion of any call from her mom to return home. Namely Ohana ultimately deciding she wants to stay at the inn, probably after her coworkers insist that she's important and should stay on.

I suppose the drama might manifest that Ohana's mom actually physically arrives to retrieve Ohana, and Grandma and mom have a...confrontation.

Quote:
Also realize that even after a few years or more down the road, if Ohana and Kou meet up again, they would be both much more mature and able to begin a relationship. If not Kou, then Tohru or Ren or Minchi or Jiro the bufoon or some player to be named later.
I guess Minchi is a bit out out there since both of them seem decidedly heterosexual, But Jiro and Ren?

Jiro would be pushing it even if he was the nicest, coolest, most upright (well, aside from his interest in girls half his age...) individual around...and he's clearly not

...Ren's old enough to be her father.
Old 2011-06-02, 07:34   Link #100
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, according to armchair psychology and fiction, girls who, like Ohana, grow up without a father often have a thing for older men...
Closed Thread