AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-19, 01:28   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Valvrave the Liberator anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Valvrave the Liberator which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
Old 2013-05-21, 03:56   Link #2
Haiprbim
Banned

This is a pretty direct question: From what you've seen up until now, would you recommend me to watch the series if I tell you that I like Comedy, Romance and Action? (All those seem to be the genres of the series, alongside with Mecha and Sci-Fi)

Thanks in front!
Old 2013-05-21, 04:04   Link #3
kuromitsu

Totally.
Old 2013-05-21, 07:23   Link #4
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
This is a pretty direct question: From what you've seen up until now, would you recommend me to watch the series if I tell you that I like Comedy, Romance and Action? (All those seem to be the genres of the series, alongside with Mecha and Sci-Fi)

Thanks in front!
One more tip to maximize your enjoyment.

Do not take this show too seriously. Imo, creating a grim or serious mood is not Valvrave's goal.

P.S. get ready some stomach medicine if your stomach's sensitive.
Old 2013-05-21, 08:41   Link #5
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOVER View Post
Do not take this show too seriously. Imo, creating a grim or serious mood is not Valvrave's goal.
I don't know about that. They achieved a grim/serious mood in the first episode, but everything became fairly light-hearted after that. Because they achieved it in the first episode my thinking is that this isn't the joke series that so many are making it out to be, and that we're experiencing a "calm before the storm." Nobody can say for certain, though.
Old 2013-05-21, 08:59   Link #6
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:

Thanks in front!
It's a pretty great series in my opinion, the first episode might misunderstand your expectations because of the dark atmosphere, but every other episodes are lighthearted, entertaining and contains some trace of plot that will probably be developed later in the story. I'm looking forward to see episode 7 since it's a turning point of the series, meaning it may contain strong drama, a lot of tenseful twists as well more action than what we encountered at the moment, although the occassional comedy scenes and a romantic subplot will probably be retained.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-05-21, 09:08   Link #7
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I don't know about that. They achieved a grim/serious mood in the first episode, but everything became fairly light-hearted after that. Because they achieved it in the first episode my thinking is that this isn't the joke series that so many are making it out to be, and that we're experiencing a "calm before the storm." Nobody can say for certain, though.
I agree with you in the sense that even though I think the overall mood is light-hearted, there are certain moments that drive the seriousness up. I have a hard time adapting to the constant change in mood at first but eventually I can identify them and that greatly increased my enjoyment of the show.

Catching those transition points and knowing when the show is being serious or comedic is the best way to enjoy this. I can see why there are people who can't change what they expect out of this show and end up being dissapointed about it.

Personally, Valvrave is my favourite anime this season and my favourite among the 3 mecha shows in which I like all three of them.
Old 2013-06-07, 21:13   Link #8
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Is it me or the opening has a mistake? During the part that lyrics are "Hikari no Yami" They shoow us two identical red haired girls
Old 2013-06-07, 22:40   Link #9
G147

No one is Akira, the other one is the teacher.
Old 2013-06-11, 19:32   Link #10
VTHokiePride

I just recently started watching this anime. I find it really similar to Gundam Seed. There's the tragedy of Bloody Thursday and the opening episode was similar to Seed when the space station they were living on was attacked by Dorsia (Zaft) looking for a powerful mecha. JIOR is similar to Orb because they prospered economically and chose to be neutral between Arus and Dorsian affairs.
Old 2013-06-12, 12:29   Link #11
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
I just recently started watching this anime. I find it really similar to Gundam Seed. There's the tragedy of Bloody Thursday and the opening episode was similar to Seed when the space station they were living on was attacked by Dorsia (Zaft) looking for a powerful mecha. JIOR is similar to Orb because they prospered economically and chose to be neutral between Arus and Dorsian affairs.
Only the first episode, continuing watching will shock u with twist. Also don't worry Haruto won't become kira 2.0 .
Old 2013-06-14, 06:31   Link #12
@GEMC

Hey guys I thought its going to be 2 cour ?
Old 2013-06-14, 06:34   Link #13
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by @GEMC View Post
Hey guys I thought its going to be 2 cour ?
Actually, it's split cour. The first cour (12 episodes) is airing right now, with the second cour premiering this fall.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-06-15, 19:45   Link #14
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:

Thanks in front!
Just for future reference... this is like Madoka Magica in a way... so be prepared for PLOT TWISTS! Also this show is certainly NOT for kids. I won't say more to prevent spoilers...
Old 2013-09-30, 14:29   Link #15
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

So... when will S2 EP1 air? Should be this week or, at worst, the week after. Does anybody know?
Old 2013-09-30, 16:15   Link #16
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
So... when will S2 EP1 air? Should be this week or, at worst, the week after. Does anybody know?
It's already said in one thread and also on the official website: the show will return on every Thrusday at 1:35AM (JST) starting October 10.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-11-11, 20:10   Link #17
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The second season's first ending theme, "Realism", has some English lines in the middle. I only heard "What is this feeling?" Does anybody knows what she says in that part?
Old 2013-11-11, 23:40   Link #18
Kurohane

Here is a link that has the English (not 100% accurate), and Japanese lyrics. I don't see any actual English in the song.

Realism
Old 2013-11-12, 00:53   Link #19
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Here is a link that has the English (not 100% accurate), and Japanese lyrics. I don't see any actual English in the song.

Realism
I believe amaterasu4 is referring to the full version of REALISM; that link of yours only covers the TV size.
Old 2013-11-13, 20:47   Link #20
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Yep. The full version has the English chorus after

"Hitsuzen gensou risei no wana
Guuzen mousou kegareta daishou"
Basically 2:16 of the song
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a