AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-08-02, 23:04   Link #23621
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Soth View Post
I'm not pushing so to speak, my hands are actually 'tied' in a sence that when she reads it she wants to give her a sad and dramatic aroma in a way.I could write about something like her witnessing her brothers death or something, but it has to be post-ZR, so there's not much I can work with.

Personally I'm a Kallen fan above all.If Kallens character was developed in a way to get closer to XXX or YYY or ZZZ, then it wouldn't bother me, since thats what Kallen wants deep down.So, if we were to ask Kallen per se, right after the moment that Lelouch closes his eyes for the final time, what would she change in ZR if she could, then her most probable answer would be 'not to lose the one I fell in love with'. So in essence, I'm not actually pushing Kallen x Lelouch because thats what -I- want, I'm doing it because that's what -she- would want, if you get my drift.
lol you have an interesting neice blackmailing you like this. I guess that's what happen when you are in the early 20s like me.

I kind of got the sense that after Z-R that Kallen will move on. She is a strong person and she will continue down her life. She may keep Lelouch in the back of her mind but life goes on for her unlike that other ace pilot we know ... ... cough cough Suzaku. Remember what lelouch said she can do everything if she puts her mind into it. Plus, it shows she is working with Rakshata with knightmares and seems like she is still doing well at school since she usually reads a lot.

Just imagine one of your fellow classmates pulling Z-R and you were part of the World Wars. Kind of a hard memory to toss away. Then all of a sudden your leader/classmate/crush turned into a ghost. almost an impossible thing to forget. Maybe you can write about the conflict about being the normal student and playing the black knights. Being in the upperclass, but hanging out in the ghettos. Killing (Shirleys father, enimies, defending rights) along with saving. I'm not sure if Kallen even shot somebody face to face since she usually destroyes behind a knightmare. Being half Japanese and Britanian.

Just think of a Tug of War for life with your fellow friends, classmates, family members, and comrades.
Old 2010-08-02, 23:20   Link #23622
Kittenlady

Sorry, that was bad phrasing on my part. I just meant if you preferred the interpretation that they were closer xD

Well, if you want sad, the maybe something along the lines of her coming to the conclusion that Lelouch didn't feel the same way (of course, we'll never know), but moving on with her life. It's sad and melancholy, but still positive development. A little angsty heartache's always fun to read.

I like to think she was quite happy for the rest of her life, anyway.
Kittenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 02:14   Link #23623
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Soth View Post
What it boils down to basically, is this: From my understanding so far, Kallen never really got an answer to the question that 'bothered'/'tormented' her during the entire R2 era.Yes she understood why Lelouch did what he did, yes she thanked him for giving her a second chance in life, yes she fell for him (character songs and poem helped clarrify these things more) - But eventually, after witnessing her character struggling to find out what she means to him / needing an answer to move on, that part hasn't been touched at all, has it?

I'm not exactly asking for canon information, I'm simply trying to find out if people believe that Kallen can actually figure out, after ZR, that Lelouch held her in a 'higher' esteem and regard than let's say Rivalz or Milley.What he did, he did it for pretty much everybody, that part she understands, yet what about what she 'really meant for him', that question will probably never be answered in order to allow the ambiguidy of the entire series, correct?
Kallen does get an answer of sorts (or perhaps I should say "some sort of answer"). I can't remember if it was in the guidebook, a staff interview, or a magazine, but there is a line that says something to the effect of the moment the sword pierced Lelouch's body, Kallen understood his final message to her: "Live on. Fulfil your own dreams. That is my little wish for you." I am told that there is also an extended episode preview where Lelouch refers to Kallen and Nunally as "Pillars of his exsistence" with C.C. being an "Equal" and Suzaku being both. Lelouch just putting someone in the same league as Nunally is pretty noteworthy, even if it is only platonic affection.

As for writing that you can waste a box of kleenex to (in a wholesome way), I would recommend reading some of the stories by 'Dear Aerith' particularly 'For Two' as that story will f**king break you.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1422962/Dear_Aerith

I'd offer the idea of building the story around the idea that Kallen is living Lelouch's share of life as well as her own, similar to what Euphemia asked of Suzaku.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 05:04   Link #23624
Chupps

Kallen was answered perfectly by Lelouch. That may sound odd but the situation placed Lelouch in a situation where he really couldn't do much. If he let his emotions best him, he'd place Kallen right in the firing line for the ZR climax. 'Betraying' her and placing her on that execution stand was a selfless token. To all the Black knights, but more-so Kallen as the other BK's were so quick to switch on their leader. "Live on" was perhaps more than Lelouch planned on telling Kallen (as it hinted her to the full realization of his ZR plan). I suspect Lelouch wanted to cut as many cords as he could manage before the end, as he did with Milly and Rivalz whom i don't believe were as close to Lelouch but were certainly like family to him. "Live on" came out while Lelouch thought he was check mated by Schneizel, it was more of a dieing wish more than anything (he certainly didn't expect Rolo to save and sacrifice his life for him), but i think it was for the best.
Kallen couldn't be answered surely in life, she's the stubborn type and would definitely follow Lelouch into the eye of the storm, but in 'death' she got the message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
I am told that there is also an extended episode preview where Lelouch refers to Kallen and Nunally as "Pillars of his exsistence" with C.C. being an "Equal" and Suzaku being both. Lelouch just putting someone in the same league as Nunally is pretty noteworthy, even if it is only platonic affection.
First I've heard this, where can i find it?
Chupps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 06:46   Link #23625
choji
comfortably awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupps View Post
First I've heard this, where can i find it?
It was on the preview for R2-22 or 23 i believe.
choji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 16:55   Link #23626
Chupps

Thanks man found it.
Chupps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 19:48   Link #23627
yvj
U Mad?

LOL when did Arbitres get kicked out of the clubhouse? Last time I was on he was in good standing with the Kalulu members still on AS. Hell Blade had a Kallen Suzaku sig for the longest time and he's still a made man in our la costra nostra.

Now I think as a Kalulu fan with the dawning of a new age upon us (a new show) we should embrace Kallen fans off all shapes and size. We can at least stand under united as one for Kallen.

Unless you're a Kagino fan of course. We're not having any of that

srz buisness
Old 2010-08-06, 21:36   Link #23628
Kittenlady

...I know you were joking, but is it really necessary to continuously bash a relatively small pairing that doesn't even interfere with your OTP?

Ignoring it would certainly take less effort.
Kittenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 21:51   Link #23629
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittenlady View Post
...I know you were joking, but is it really necessary to continuously bash a relatively small pairing that doesn't even interfere with your OTP?

Ignoring it would certainly take less effort.
Yes but it wouldn't be as fun

Alright I concede to the fact that I didn't need to take a shot at Kagino.

Still though for the record this fandom is one of the more sensitive and back stabby ones I've come across.
Old 2010-08-06, 22:31   Link #23630
Lord_Soth
Knight of Solamnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post

I saw what you did there.
Old 2010-08-07, 05:38   Link #23631
pikxy

Do you guys believe that ''I love you/aishiteru'' was the only words Lelouch should have used to make Kallen follow him to hell?
pikxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 08:14   Link #23632
Lost Cause

@Arbitres; everybodies opinion counts!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 09:15   Link #23633
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
@Arbitres; everybodies opinion counts!
unless they are kagino...
Old 2010-08-07, 10:02   Link #23634
pikxy

what I mean is if lelouch just told kallen that she was an important friend or subordinate would she have still followed him to hell?
pikxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 10:06   Link #23635
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikxy View Post
what I mean is if lelouch just told kallen that she was an important friend or subordinate would she have still followed him to hell?
considering that UNTIL that point, WITHOUT any indication of love on his part, she had repeatedly stood between him and the the kind of enemies that make entire military divisions piss themselves...

i doubt she needed him to tell her "i love you" to stay by his side had he simply continued in his fight to free japan.
joining him in Z-R, on the other hand, is a different matter.
since in THAT case, he would have asked her to betray EVERYTHING she ever fought for, give up on her dream of a normal life with her mother, and attack (and possibly kill) people who have been like her family for years.

THAT, might have required more then just a "you're a good subordinate"
Old 2010-08-07, 10:34   Link #23636
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
unless they are kagino...
LOL! Well at least hear them out. But "KaGino" BLAH!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 20:05   Link #23637
toxicstar

Can't say I'm a Kallen fan

Sorry for all you Kallen fans out there, but I actually felt quite a bit of animosity towards Kallen from the moment she felt betrayed by Zero whom the Black Knights/Schneizer revealed was Lelouch until her monologue in the last episode. It's so wrong for her to be happy and relishing in the future that Lelouch gave up his life to create when she turned her back on him.

Maybe the reason I really despise her so much is because she posed such a strong threat to Lelouch in his rise to power. She was a first rate pilot with a top of the line Knightmare and she was capable of taking out Lelouch's people with ease, aside from Suzaku (although I still haven't figured out if Suzaku's defeat was intentional for the realization of Zero Requiem, I mean what if he accidentally really died? who the hell would carry out Lelouch's assassination?)

Anyways just wanted to throw my two cents out there. If only Kallen was as loyal to "Zero" as Rolo was to Lelouch I would have respected her more. Perhaps she's just too headstrong for my likings. Particularly in one of the finals scenes where she was teary-eyed upon seeing Zero/Suzaku kill Lelouch. I almost wanted to laugh in her face for having been so blind until then, if I wasn't already so sad by Lelouch's death. And I thought Shirley's death was sad, boy was I wrong.

I'm fine with a ShirleyXLelouch or even CCXLelouch but I will never stand for a KallenXLelouch pairing.

I know no one asked for my opinion but I just wanted to vent out some steam here.
toxicstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 20:38   Link #23638
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicstar View Post
Sorry for all you Kallen fans out there, but I actually felt quite a bit of animosity towards Kallen from the moment she felt betrayed by Zero whom the Black Knights/Schneizer revealed was Lelouch until her monologue in the last episode. It's so wrong for her to be happy and relishing in the future that Lelouch gave up his life to create when she turned her back on him.
completely neglecting that Lelouch went out of his way to MAKE her fight against him specifically BECAUSE he wanted to allow her to be happy and relish the future rather then having her at his side.

if Lelouch WANTED Kallen at his side during the final arc, she would have been at his side during the final arc.
LELOUCH decided he'd rather she live on and enjoy the future he gave his life to create.

are you going to argue with Lelouch ?
Old 2010-08-07, 22:17   Link #23639
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
This seems to not take into account a lot of the events between when she actually turned against him and when she only did so for a few moments.

When the Black Knights betray him in Turn 19, she's the one defending him until he drives her away, on purpose one must note. Then he goes and turns that around by telling her to live on within earshot. She spends the next few episodes trying to convince a bunch of unreasonable people that they're being hypocritical jerks then tries to find Lelouch before they can. It's only until Turn 22, when he absolutely refuses to even acknowledge her (again, on purpose) that she decides not to follow him. It also takes Lelouch acting completely evil to finally make her turn. By your logic, no one really deserves happiness.

Quote:
Maybe the reason I really despise her so much is because she posed such a strong threat to Lelouch in his rise to power. She was a first rate pilot with a top of the line Knightmare and she was capable of taking out Lelouch's people with ease, aside from Suzaku (although I still haven't figured out if Suzaku's defeat was intentional for the realization of Zero Requiem, I mean what if he accidentally really died? who the hell would carry out Lelouch's assassination?)
Her being a threat is Lelouch's own damn fault, and one he knew was an issue coming into the game. Suzaku's loss was also his own fault. He was never supposed to fight her, and with good reason: she's better than he is. If he had died, that'd be a problem, but he put himself in that situation.

Quote:
Anyways just wanted to throw my two cents out there. If only Kallen was as loyal to "Zero" as Rolo was to Lelouch I would have respected her more. Perhaps she's just too headstrong for my likings. Particularly in one of the finals scenes where she was teary-eyed upon seeing Zero/Suzaku kill Lelouch. I almost wanted to laugh in her face for having been so blind until then, if I wasn't already so sad by Lelouch's death. And I thought Shirley's death was sad, boy was I wrong.
So mindless/misguided loyalty is better than the real thing? As to Lelouch's death, no one was supposed to figure it out. That was the point. Kallen figured it out because she knew Lelouch well enough to figure it out in the end, but no one can solve a puzzle when they don't have all the pieces.
Old 2010-08-08, 00:06   Link #23640
azul120

Not to mention that Lelouch set up Zero Requiem because he lost his own will to live following the betrayal, as it largely served as a self-serving excuse to die while bringing about "world peace". And a pretty flimsy world peace at that given historical precedence, not to mention one brought about by bloodshed. Point here being that had Lelouch stayed the path prior to the betrayal, he could have brought upon a more stable sense of freedom to the world, and not have to cause all of that terror, or have himself killed. And Kallen wouldn't have been beckoned to stand against him either.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote