AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-04-17, 08:47   Link #301
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I think the word you're looking for is "gender" not "genre." Also, go back and read the haunted house chapter for yourself. There's a view of her naked (hallucinatory, but still her), and a view down her shirt. Both show that she has breasts, larger than any male her size and weight could have, they're just small.
Ah well...guess it's just petanko angst. As you were.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 09:12   Link #302
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
I don't think they'd put something like that on a tankubon, they certainly have no reason to.
Marcus already answered this, but yes all of the unfinished pages were properly touched up for the tankoubon version; however it not only stops there; one of the reasons of why I like the manga is because the amount of pages that Maybe retouches and redesigns for the tankoubon version is completely insane, he properly overviews and re-reviews pretty much everything and if he doesn't like something he changes it on the spot, Volume 4 (the one with the "sketchy") pages is not the exception in the amount of work he puts forth with a volume.

Spoiler for comparison:
Old 2012-04-17, 09:38   Link #303
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post

For the people in the anime thread who are expecting some serious horror/mystery story from TOxA... Yeaaaah right.

Yuuko in a slip? Sweet... I don't mind the slice of life parts of this - it gives more 'weight' to the fact that they do enjoy each other's company...but eventually, it will be compromised. And that gives you that lil twist in your gut each time you see Yuuko so happy just being around Niiya.
Yeah....the true gem of Tasogare is not mystery. Never was....it's the drama and character interaction
Old 2012-04-17, 23:09   Link #304
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Marcus already answered this, but yes all of the unfinished pages were properly touched up for the tankoubon version; however it not only stops there; one of the reasons of why I like the manga is because the amount of pages that Maybe retouches and redesigns for the tankoubon version is completely insane, he properly overviews and re-reviews pretty much everything and if he doesn't like something he changes it on the spot, Volume 4 (the one with the "sketchy") pages is not the exception in the amount of work he puts forth with a volume.

Spoiler for comparison:
Wow! Those retouches are absolutely godly. I didn't expect Maybe to give so much attention to detail for the tankouban release. Maybe this why the original magazine release came out really sketchy. I hope the scanlator group working on the manga can work on the tankoubans as well.

Last edited by bumbayker; 2012-04-18 at 00:44.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 13:04   Link #305
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Kinda of a trivia, but -obviously- Hara also played Yuuko on the Tasogare Otome x Amnesia manga CMs. I don't know where I should look at when some of those posters flashed by I'm glad to see that they are also promoting the Oreshura upcoming volume, even though it's nothing mayor.
Old 2012-04-19, 20:45   Link #306
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Color page!!! Yuuko is so hot in that color page But what the hell? Teiichi is just 12 years old?
I love Maybe's colorings. Always great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Teiichi's age may be right, but I have to say, I think the author made a big mistake making them so young. They don't look or act anything like 12 year olds and if he didn't specifically say anything, I would have believed they were high schoolers.
I agree 110%. Teiichi doesn't act like a 12 year old, at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
Wow! Those retouches are absolutely godly. I didn't expect Maybe to give so much attention to detail for the tankouban release. Maybe this why the original magazine release came out really sketchy. I hope the scanlator group working on the manga can work on the tankoubans as well.
I would love to have the tanks. Maybe the anime will garner enough attention that someone will release them in English.
Old 2012-04-22, 19:14   Link #307
GrimJack

just popped by the GanGan Joker website

Maybe draws the cover of issue 5 and there will be a colour page as well inside the magazine

Old 2012-04-22, 22:00   Link #308
bumbayker

I don't know if this has been brought up before but I thought of a possible conspiracy theory with Yuuko's younger sister/Kirie's grandmother. Don't you think that she might have a more direct influence to Yuuko's death? I think she may even the origin of some of the school's mysteries. She already knows much of her sister's demise (and probably withholding even more info) and is one of the school's senior authorities. Not to mention she only sees "Shadow Yuuko" which embodies her hatred and despair. Now she wants the old school building demolished which makes her even more suspicious. Perhaps she's ridden with guilt all these years and is doing whatever she can to lay Yuuko's spirit to rest in order to relieve herself.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 23:55   Link #309
APNki

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post

The full size (5940x2160) version is already out on one of the Booru sites.
APNki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 00:07   Link #310
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Oh damn, the website is full of Yuuko-san.
Old 2012-04-23, 10:16   Link #311
potchip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Not only does she get a cold, she can also eat and sweat.

Oh, and she sleeps too.
So matter disappear into Yuuko's mouth, yet her weight, apparently does not change.

Has anyone wondered if the skeleton is really Yuuko? I mean if the remain was just found now, then officially she should be 'missing', but instead all these stories floating around of people presuming she died at the school, but nothing to prove she died or died there at all.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 13:37   Link #312
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Dear god...

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I'll put money down that there is an uncensored version of that on Maybe's desk.
Old 2012-04-23, 14:19   Link #313
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Dear god...

NSFW

I'll put money down that there is an uncensored version of that on Maybe's desk.
Not at home either, depending on living arrangements...

Damn you Maybe, damn you... Making a ghost this pretty should be a crime of the first degree...
Old 2012-04-23, 14:20   Link #314
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Not at home either, depending on living arrangements...

Damn you Maybe, damn you... Making a ghost this pretty should be a crime of the first degree...
Ghost? We won't mention that she's supposed to be 13-14, lol.
Old 2012-04-23, 14:25   Link #315
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Well, living breahing humans mus age eventually...
Ghosts...not so much... And that can be a good thing or a bad thing in any case.
Old 2012-04-23, 15:54   Link #316
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
I don't know if this has been brought up before but I thought of a possible conspiracy theory with Yuuko's younger sister/Kirie's grandmother. Don't you think that she might have a more direct influence to Yuuko's death? I think she may even the origin of some of the school's mysteries. She already knows much of her sister's demise (and probably withholding even more info) and is one of the school's senior authorities. Not to mention she only sees "Shadow Yuuko" which embodies her hatred and despair. Now she wants the old school building demolished which makes her even more suspicious. Perhaps she's ridden with guilt all these years and is doing whatever she can to lay Yuuko's spirit to rest in order to relieve herself.
I've had some suspicions. If Yuuko was sacrificed the way it seems, even if her sister wasn't directly involved, she may have known it was happening and not stopped it. Or she may not have been able to stop it, but convinced herself that she could have and thus feels guilty about it anyway. But one way or another, the fact that she sees Shadow Yuuko, but only Shadow Yuuko convinces me that she knew her sister's death was not an accident, and that her heart is not at peace with that knowledge. She believes that there should be a spirit of pain and rage and vengeance wandering the school, and so she sees it.

Quote:
15! She's 15. [blatant lies]Which totally makes it all right![/blatant lies]

There were some extra pages I saw where Maybe actually admitted that he tends to over-sensualize Yuuko to the point that she no longer looks her (physical) age. There's no deep story-meaning involved: he just likes to make her look sexy.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 15:58   Link #317
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

A 15 year old girl having that kind of body. Are you kidding me?
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 18:05   Link #318
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Dear god...

NSFW

Seeing this first thing in the morning before rushing off to school....Thanks Maybe, for killing my sleepiness
Old 2012-04-23, 18:22   Link #319
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
There are some teens with huge bust but... probably comes with the head of a troll. Anyway, no need to go there.

And Yuuko is actually 65.
Old 2012-04-23, 19:18   Link #320
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

He should have made them in high school. There is probably going to be a time skip at some point, just watch.

Tags
ecchi, romance, school life, shounen, supernatural