AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

View Poll Results: Down with post counts?
Yes 47 53.41%
No 41 46.59%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-04, 20:04   Link #61
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!

I hope they bring post counts back where you dont have to go into someones profile to see, whats the harm in showing post counts? No one makes you read them. Forums without post counts seem weird to me
Old 2004-05-04, 20:09   Link #62
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
The post count still is in the User's Profile they just took it off the posts themselves so they're not as noticable as before

I see... ^^

I think its okay then. But as |)arK_Nin said Forums without post counts are unusual.. bah I guess I don't realy care as long as history doesn't fade away.
Old 2004-05-04, 20:17   Link #63
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Actually, I don't care.
But I think it's wrong ranking someone by their number of posts, since, like people have adressed before, there are people who post a lot just to increase their post counter. I have a great number of posts (about 1400) but people know the majority of them were dedicated to real discussions (specially at the Naruto and One Piece forums), after all.
But you really can't rank someone by their number of posts. There are a lot of people with low number of posts that are nicer and a lot more intelligent than people who have an enormous number of posts and who post only to increase their number of posts

Take it off, but leave it at the profile It's better this way, after all So, I voted for Yes.
Old 2004-05-04, 21:16   Link #64
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEkKaShInObI
<edit> POST COUNTS TELL YOU AND OTHERS HOW MUCH YOU CONTRIBUTE TO THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! </edit>
I wouldn't have gotten your point if you didn't make it such a large font. It all makes sense now. You should double post, it'll make the impact of your point oh-so-much greater.

Bai Bai Post Counts .

Last edited by xris; 2004-05-05 at 03:01.
Old 2004-05-04, 21:31   Link #65
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
I wouldn't have gotten your point if you didn't make it such a large font. It all makes sense now. You should double post, it'll make the impact of your point oh-so-much greater.

Bai Bai Post Counts .

hehe Slade is a happy-camper ^____________^
Old 2004-05-04, 21:31   Link #66
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
*snif* my post counts...

well, if is for the best, then I welcome the idea, but as I stated before, I've never seen any problems with the post counts until this thread...bah, who cares? is not that important.
Old 2004-05-04, 21:48   Link #67
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Quote:
<edit> POST COUNTS TELL YOU AND OTHERS HOW MUCH YOU CONTRIBUTE TO THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! </edit>
The word 'contribute' seems to be quite subjective in the context of post counts, so you might want to try a little harder to get your point across with some better wording rather than with giant type. Plus, be glad that people will now judge you on your actual posts rather than a number!!..or maybe that's not such a good thing in your case

I actually found myself looking over to where the post count was when I didnt like someone's post, thinking ' tch..who is this person?' I didnt even know I used post counts for such eeevil!! So..I'm kind of glad theyre viewable in profile only now, it makes it more of a counter rather than something I can glance over at and make assumptions with -_-
Old 2004-05-04, 22:04   Link #68
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

I agree with Tzurial. It's about the quality of posts, not quantity of posts. I guess the best example I can come up with is kj1980. He may have quite a number of posts, but most of his posts are highly informative, or make a striking point. Which is why I (and I assume, most people) hold him in such high esteem.

Are forums without post counts that unusual? Battle.net forums has NO post counts whatsoever. Gonegold forums are now much the same way as our forums; post counts only displayed in profiles. (Which is main reason I frequent those forums). Anyways...I'm very pleased that post counts are somewhat removed (now only hidden in the profiles). Now I can finally change my title...as soon as I can find some interesting words .

Last edited by Muir Woods; 2004-05-04 at 22:05. Reason: Grammar...and added a smiley :)
Old 2004-05-04, 23:45   Link #69
LazyFace
(>.<)

I don't necessarily have a fit with post counts. But I certainly understand some of the frustrations some of the members on this board are having.

I do sort of see some people with high post counts acting pompous; writing out their words as if their words are fact. And they like to intentionally make others who make mistakes feel unworthy of their predecessors. So all in all, I say down with the post counts!!!!!

Side Note: Leave Jappi alone.... At least he's one of the dedicated members who support Anime Suki and keep it alive. Honestly I don't think he's done anything wrong. After all, he did just post in the General Chat area. There's no harm in that, is there?

Last edited by LazyFace; 2004-05-05 at 00:16.
Old 2004-05-05, 00:23   Link #70
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Are forums without post counts that unusual? Battle.net forums has NO post counts whatsoever. Gonegold forums are now much the same way as our forums; post counts only displayed in profiles.
it is unusual, because there was no large problem with the post counter before it was removed.

the forums i know all have post counters, because everyone seems to be mature enough to handle themselves, and control for themselves the quality of posts they produce.

and those who were not were banned.
Old 2004-05-05, 00:28   Link #71
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

It seems that the majority has spoken. I was confused when I could no longer see the post counts...
It's cool. It allows you to judge people on the forum based on the contents of their posts instead of their post count.
Old 2004-05-05, 00:47   Link #72
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade xTekno
It seems that the majority has spoken. I was confused when I could no longer see the post counts...
It's cool. It allows you to judge people on the forum based on the contents of their posts instead of their post count.
i think that affects me more than you.

because people see my PC, they assume i am a forum junkie that does nothing but hang around here all day. oh wait...

so i think this adversly benifits me more than you

Quote:
It allows you to judge people on the forum based on the contents of their posts instead of their post count.
then i hate your _______ guts, you man-faye lover!

Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-05, 01:51   Link #73
LazyFace
(>.<)

Quote:
once its gone, its gone right? will we ever get it back? and whats wrong with post counts to begin with? post counts show up in the profile anyways so might as well have them under our screen names right? or ill just do this

post #630
As it stands....post counts are evil, they are "banned" as moderators like to say. I think the only way you can get it back now is to picket the house of whoever runs this site.....

hehe.... You could probably put your post count on your sig, and update your sig ever time you log on...
Old 2004-05-05, 02:25   Link #74
LazyFace
(>.<)

Quote:
Even if post counts were banned, does is stop crappy posts anyways? All this really does is make people mad.

ya, but there are still a select few, apparently, that post for the sake of the post count. Your right though, there is a lot of meaningless posts out there... i guess something like that could never be helped on any forums sites... Maybe there should be a rule to have a minimum amount of words written.....hmmm.... no thats stupid. I guess there is no answer, "the world may never know".

Post#24, I think.....
Old 2004-05-05, 08:55   Link #75
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyFace
Maybe there should be a rule to have a minimum amount of words written.....hmmm.... no thats stupid.
In a way they already have something like that...although i think the minimum is 10 characters...and doesn't go by words....it's nothing big...but it does stop people from posting answers like "yes" "no" etc etc to make it a bit harder for people to raise their count with such small answers
Old 2004-05-05, 10:53   Link #76
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyFace
As it stands....post counts are evil, they are "banned" as moderators like to say. I think the only way you can get it back now is to picket the house of whoever runs this site.....

hehe.... You could probably put your post count on your sig, and update your sig ever time you log on...
I was considering doing that to my location, but i dont think it would be too wise

Quote:
In a way they already have something like that...although i think the minimum is 10 characters...and doesn't go by words....it's nothing big...but it does stop people from posting answers like "yes" "no" etc etc to make it a bit harder for people to raise their count with such small answers
yeah. there is no real way to raise that minimum character count, because some people are just more concise than others
Old 2004-05-05, 11:32   Link #77
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Lol I'm kinda tought the post count kinda embarassing, i'm kinda glad you cannot see them anymore. Now I can post as many as I want without worrying about that number anymore. ^^
Old 2004-05-05, 13:00   Link #78
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Lol I'm kinda tought the post count kinda embarassing, i'm kinda glad you cannot see them anymore. Now I can post as many as I want without worrying about that number anymore. ^^
thats what i was thinking.. ...

i guess i shall leave for other sections of this forum now... hum...
Old 2004-05-05, 16:41   Link #79
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Please keep the post count. Don't be the first anime fourm the eliminate post counts.
Old 2004-05-05, 16:49   Link #80
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
Please keep the post count. Don't be the first anime fourm the eliminate post counts.

As Superchop mentioned before the post counts are still visible in the users profiles. So there was no elimination at all.

Edit: I was just thinking , the average of "posts in a day" option they added in the profile next to the post count could be an intresting way to replace it.

Last edited by JOJOS'STAR; 2004-05-05 at 17:35.
Closed Thread