AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-26, 14:07   Link #1941
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Spoiler for characters' fates:

Spoiler for hidden resolutions?:
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 14:26   Link #1942
Nei

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy
Spoiler for characters' fates:
Spoiler for 26:

Edit 1 to save double post:
Spoiler for personal opinion on 26:

Last edited by Nei; 2006-09-26 at 14:38.
Nei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 14:39   Link #1943
metronome
Mad Loli

Spoiler:
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 15:11   Link #1944
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nei
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 15:13   Link #1945
molitar

Well I was right episode 26 left me severely disappointed nothing was explained. And another war. And time line jumping around like it did... Which we know happened because Morina's is now pregnant. What an aweful ending. The ones in the new world doing the Emerald Remergion in the new world? WHY??? Again a nonsense ending, which makes this one of the very rare anime's that I won't even bother to burn to DVD to keep. Which is saying something when I have over 1200+ cd & dvds of completed anime fansubs in my cabinet.

The whole show didn't make much sense near the ending. The other side only won the war because of the 4 ancient simoun ships they somehow got. Now why didn't the Sybillae have them ships when their side was originally controlling the place they came from? Why didn't they in the other world come back with all them ships they had and force peace on the world? They would of had alot more than just 4 of the ancient simouns. But this show really had no resolution at all.. ruining the entire series for me.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 15:19   Link #1946
Nei

burning to dvd is foolish
1. watch
2. delete
3. ???
4. profit
Old 2006-09-26, 15:29   Link #1947
molitar

Not foolish. I have friends that don't have broadband. As well as it's nice to have something to watch when most of the stuff on tv anymore is crap. Look at what we have to watch on prime time anymore? Garbage.. Shows that were successful like surface that hit over 10 million viewers were cancelled. Prime channels anymore cancel shows left and right and you never see the ends of them.. John Doe was another good one.

So I tired of watching the crap on these channels and instead I decide which anime series I want to watch next and pop it in the computer with the TV Out to my HDTV, Dolby Digital Live Sound Card direct into my DTS receiver and grab my computer remote and enjoy as much anime as I wish and don't even bother with what's on Tv anymore. I can name all the shows I watch on tv anymore in on two hands and most of them are anime shows also. Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, and Eureka are about the only non-anime shows I do watch anymore.
Old 2006-09-26, 15:37   Link #1948
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Spoiler:
Spoiler for ep26:

Like HR, I think Simoun is a series that we'll enjoy discussing for years to come. I've also thoroughly enjoyed the sense of community surrounding this anime. So, inspired by Old Home, I cordially invite you all to come and join a little Simoun forum called Izumi.

On a different note, is this the first Simoun dōjinshi to be spotted in the wild?
Old 2006-09-26, 16:13   Link #1949
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar
Well I was right episode 26 left me severely disappointed...
Spoiler for ep26:
Well, that was bracing! Suffice it to say that if I could only keep five anime on DVD, this would be one of them.
Spoiler for ep26:
Anyway, thanks for the contrarian view.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-09-26 at 17:06.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 17:02   Link #1950
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Spoiler for reply to Simon's post:

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 17:29   Link #1951
Conri

Just a few thoughts for now...this is the first anime I've felt the need to write about for a long time...

Spoiler for episode 26:
Conri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 18:00   Link #1952
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Spoiler for reply to Simon's post:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-26, 18:10   Link #1953
Nei

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar
Not foolish.
If you're actually and really (re)watching the media stored on your DVDs, I guess that's ok. I just find this collectordom silly but to each his own of course!

Spoiler for haibane renmei:
Old 2006-09-26, 18:39   Link #1954
molitar

Nei what I have already watched if it's good for children than my best friends children like to watch them. I also have two other nephews that like to watch them so yep. They get watched.. and of course I have alot that I haven't watched yet but I have watched over 12 episodes in a single day vs watching boring tv So if it was really good I will burn and keep and get others to watch and watch a new anime fan get born
Old 2006-09-26, 19:16   Link #1955
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

For those of you who haven't seen them yet, take a look at the recent posts about Simoun on Kurogane's Anime Blog. Now that's the right attitude, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 19:26   Link #1956
JiCi

The serie has ended... so what's next for us ?

Hope the boards won't be locked.
JiCi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 19:31   Link #1957
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiCi
Hope the boards won't be locked.
Locked? No way. This thread is open and will remain open for you people and future fans of the show to discuss it ad nauseam. Type away!

Cheers. =^.^=
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 19:44   Link #1958
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Locked? No way. This thread is open and will remain open for you people and future fans of the show to discuss it ad nauseam. Type away!
Besides, it needs to hang round for the glorious day when it gets moved to the DVD & Licensed forum.

(Oi, you! Yes, you from the US anime distributor! Don't try to hide, we know you lurk here... Now I'm no marketing expert, but this thread has had 107k views - second only to Rozen Maiden in the Fansubs forum. Yes, the numbers are skewed by 2005's Unfortunate Event and Haruhi getting its own sub-forum; but even so, there are a whole bunch of us here who want to give you our money. You know what to do.)

@JiCi: while not wanting to leech off the AS thread, I humbly refer you to my sig...
Old 2006-09-26, 21:30   Link #1959
Conri

Spoiler for Haibane Renmei (response to Nei) & Simoun: resolution:

And damn yes, I want this to be licensed. I'll even buy the DVDs one by one whereas I normally always wait for cheap boxsets.

Last edited by Conri; 2006-09-26 at 22:38.
Conri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 21:31   Link #1960
toronto

I'm actually confused with the ending. I think this shouldn't end this way. I love to see more Limone and Dominura. They're still doing Ri Margion meaning that we should have 4 eternal maidens left instead of two right? Wow Dominura was beautiful. So no mentioning of Amuria? I think there's lots of hole..probably they planned for second season? I don't like to see them all separated like that
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri