AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hyouka

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-01, 09:34   Link #61
alarmadadna hadi

Quote:
If going by a top down approach, my guess for the motive is to promote one's club. The suspect then would be the Wall Newspaper club and the victims thereafter, since only them would benefit from the situation after the Wall Newspaper club make a scoop out of it.
You know, I did find it slightly unconvincing how Togaito wouldn't even let Eru ask the guys for help...They won't accept? Let them say so themselves! This could make for a good running joke, always hiding something in that club room.
Old 2012-08-03, 17:25   Link #62
Kiltias

Apple Juice.
Ladle.
Stones.
AK.
Wheel of Fortune.
Cutter.
Candle.

Well we can safely say the thief has no intention to use these together.
Old 2012-08-03, 20:04   Link #63
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbringer View Post
i have a small theory on the Juumoji case
I think that it isn't a coincidence that the classics club is last one to be targeted and the mystery relatively easy to figure out. The mystery drums up free publicity towards the classics club and puts oreki and co at center stage. Stealing the candles before the magic show began was the ultimate tease to the main show that is about to begin.

As for the master mind behind this, the only person that would be interested in the club's success before the cultural festival began that is outside the club would be Oreki's sister Tomoe. She probably devised this scheme before hand to encourage her brother to get involved with other people.

As for the perpetrator Tomoe could have gotten any 3rd year student to have done this and given the person instructions and the cards before hand. Since there is already a established connection between Irisu and Tomoe from the previous volume, I think Irisu fits reasonably well especially since she is the last person she would expect to do it.

However a major problem with this theory is that it doesn't really use any of the new characters introduced.
Yeah I think so too, well because Oreki sister suddenly show up and there is Jummoji, the case does include kotenbu as one of it's portion. Maybe she not directly do it but she got help from a student or even a teacher. Come to think of it the teachers should have alerted if a thief lurking around in the school and they done nothing to prevent/stop him/her, unless they know the thief and why he/she do it in first place. And why new characters (coincidentally to be council member which is matched their role) introduced well in my theory they will act as monitor of this event.

This case can also be a way to solve kontenbu problem with over printed Anthology.
Old 2012-08-06, 06:25   Link #64
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
One thing that bother me is I cannot fit Mayaka and her situation in the manga club into this mystery. There is a theory I read from MAL forum that Juumoji already took something of the classic club (Kotenbu); it's Mayaka's manga, named Corpse something (Korupusu..). I personally think this is very unlikely, since he/she need to get into Mayaka's house. That means it's one of her friends. I don't see that's to be the case.
The title of the manga is Yuube ni wa Mukuro ni. If the manga was the thing to be stolen (which I just thought of too, which is why I'm in this thread ), it would be because of Kotenbu and, possibly, komikku. It would also mean that the manga that they traded for the mirror might be Ibara's . But yeah, I guess it would be too much to break into a house for it, and not to mention that there was no card.
Old 2012-08-07, 11:22   Link #65
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I think Kaho from back in ep13 has something to do with this case. I only think this because when she and Chitanda were talking, Chitanda mentioned something to Kaho about "Mr. Juumonji" and how his health is. This Mr. Juumonji must be some relative to Kaho's, probably father? And hey, Kaho has a surname/last name of Juumonji. And the thief is referred to as Juumonji. I don't think this is a coincidence. She most likely has a hand in this.

She's also in the OP, so she's gotta have some importance later on lol.
Old 2012-08-07, 12:42   Link #66
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I think Kaho from back in ep13 has something to do with this case. I only think this because when she and Chitanda were talking, Chitanda mentioned something to Kaho about "Mr. Juumonji" and how his health is. This Mr. Juumonji must be some relative to Kaho's, probably father? And hey, Kaho has a surname/last name of Juumonji. And the thief is referred to as Juumonji. I don't think this is a coincidence. She most likely has a hand in this.

She's also in the OP, so she's gotta have some importance later on lol.
You mean like that girl in kore wa Zombie desu ka who frequently was in the intro and outro and had a total of maybe 20 mins screentime?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2012-08-07, 13:42   Link #67
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Never watched Kore wa Zombie lol. But, sure. Yeah.
Old 2012-08-08, 22:53   Link #68
ilovejavachip

Someone posted very interesting points regarding Juumoji here.
Old 2012-08-09, 01:39   Link #69
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejavachip View Post
Someone posted very interesting points regarding Juumoji here.
The fact that all(?) of them are on the last page is indeed interesting. If that's the case then either Tanabe or the president, at least one of them, are an accomplish.

BTW, I just read the Wikipedia article on Laika, whose original name is Kudryavka. According to that,
Quote:
Laika likely died within hours after launch from overheating,[2] possibly caused by a failure of the central R-7 sustainer to separate from the payload.[3] The true cause and time of her death was not made public until 2002; instead, it was widely reported that she died when her oxygen ran out on day six,[4] or as the Soviet government initially claimed, she was euthanised prior to oxygen depletion.
So maybe this means it's a sequence that ended long before anyone think it did? I cannot form any idea from that yet, just throwing it out there.
Old 2012-08-09, 01:56   Link #70
Sumeragi
Banned

Food for thought: The figure of Sherlock Holmes has been split into Houtarou and Satoshi. It might explain some of Houtaru's actions when it comes to Eru.
Old 2012-08-09, 10:27   Link #71
alarmadadna hadi

Thanks for that link, I was waiting for someone to translate that page.

I feel like Satoshi right now, I really want to solve this but have nothing solid...So all I can contribute is just throw some ideas out there

Spoiler for thoughts:

Quote:
So maybe this means it's a sequence that ended long before anyone think it did? I cannot form any idea from that yet, just throwing it out there.
Could have something to do with the skipped "ku", that is, perhaps it wasn't skipped at all.

Last edited by alarmadadna hadi; 2012-08-09 at 10:52.
Closed Thread