AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-26, 11:22   Link #18501
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
My question was for something similar to Fiamma invoking and controlling a true angel, so I thought if there is a possibility with a ritual to the Gremlin can do something similar but with monsters Norse
If the leader is the one responsible of the said ritual then, yep, 50% chance (the "50" is just for the lolz of course) ... and we might get Ragnarök as a bonus there's auto-correction for Ragnarök too?!
Old 2012-05-26, 14:08   Link #18502
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Added to my stalking list :P well lately I am so busy I can barely visit here anyways.
Old 2012-05-26, 20:08   Link #18503
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
As long as people remember that they aren't technically the Norse Gods.
that's true they aren't but their spells should be connected to the title given to them or else what's the use of using the name.

Plus here in Tamni verse Original beats the copy. The original are still stronger by a lot but since they can't go to this dimension and the way magic works with borrowing power from different world or shaping your own power through the known method or copying it. Is the way magic works.
Old 2012-05-27, 16:58   Link #18504
hao-sama

Send a message via MSN to hao-sama Send a message via Yahoo to hao-sama
was away for a few days so... time for Haimura illustration comments.

VOLUME 5

Spoiler:

VOLUME 6
Spoiler:

VOLUME 7
Spoiler:

VOLUME 8
Spoiler:

VOLUME 9-10
Spoiler:

VOLUME 11
Spoiler:

VOLUME 12
Spoiler:
Old 2012-05-27, 17:22   Link #18505
blackwhite67
Banned

What I don't understand is how the hidden power inside IB could be crushed by Othinus so easily when it made Fiamma who became La Superiore a Dio which is supposed to be greater than a Magic God wet his pants. Someone give me a plausible explanation and some peace of mind here.
Old 2012-05-27, 17:24   Link #18506
hao-sama

Send a message via MSN to hao-sama Send a message via Yahoo to hao-sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
What I don't understand is how the hidden power inside IB could be crushed by Othinus so easily when it made Fiamma who became La Superiore a Dio which is supposed to be greater than a Magic God wet his pants. Someone give me a plausible explanation and some peace of mind here.
Iirc, Othinus has this 50% probability in succeeding anything she could do. It's luck based. Because of Touma's misfortune, of course that pretty much translates to 100%.
Old 2012-05-27, 17:29   Link #18507
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Since Othinus is a Magi (a magician god) and part of Gremlin, she pretty much know about IB and like many others from said organization, know how to counter it. Her power I believe is based off a 50/50 probability, she was able to crush the power but couldn't destroy it completely due to the misfortune Touma carries around him 24/7.
Old 2012-05-27, 18:36   Link #18508
tsunade666

the realm of magic god is always 50/50

no matter how impossible it is. She can bring it down to the level of 50 % chance she will win. Like Ollerus said. That 50/50 chances has it's disadvantage. Even a kid can beat her (Hamadura king of luck) but if it's use against the odds which is impossible to beat. Even a god or a creator or what ever. Her magic god title will click in so even if the Fiamma who gained the power to save world thanks to the thing inside Touma and Ollerus join forces a 2 vs 1 fight against Othinus. It's still a draw. They can't beat that loli magic god. The word impossible didn't exist in Othinus realm.

Touma just had bad luck that just boost the 50/50 realm of magic god into probably 75/25 or 100% crushed. Touma is just bad when it comes to luck.
Old 2012-05-27, 18:49   Link #18509
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Considering Othinus's ability to crush IB without much effort, I think it's possible that she could have destroyed it completely if it weren't for Touma's crappy cloud of misfortune hovering over him 24/7. So in essence: his misfortune worked in his benefit in some sense.

I still find it weird why she didn't kill Touma since IB is useless to Gremlin and his presence is still a 50/50 threat to them.

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-05-27 at 20:25.
Old 2012-05-27, 19:11   Link #18510
tsunade666

They need Touma or to be precise the Imagine Breaker. Like the way Fiamma needs it. The gremlin need first to ready the container. The perfect container for it and they are in a hurry for the next transfer of IB. It looks like IB transfer can be control because on the way they do things. To the eyes of Gremlin Touma isn't needed but to the eyes of Crowley the are mistaken and even Ollerus thought that the current IB is IB because he is wielding it.
Old 2012-05-27, 20:37   Link #18511
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

But still don't you think if they had all the resources and man power to send a "Planet Buster Castle", prepare IB countermeasures and track it down, then a magician god comes along and crushes said power without effort, don't you think that they have a container already made?

I mean Othinus's appearance at the end, at least to me, already tells me that a IB containment is good to go. Since the aura of misfortune sort of interfered with destroying or containing the power, it's going to take a more "outside the box" method to capture it.
Old 2012-05-27, 20:47   Link #18512
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I really would like Aleister to instagib Othinus just to prove a point.
(By the way, I think Aleister is immune to Dainsleif because as he showed in his "execution" of Fiamma that he can be in two places at the same time and thus, can revive himself using the life-prolonging devices he has back in Academy City.)

I may be a Norse magician hater, but it's only because their magic is 1000 years old, and is obsolete Aeon-wise compared to Aleister's Aeon.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-05-27, 20:48   Link #18513
tsunade666

If they already had the container then they won't be even bothering Crowley's hideout.

They are targeting the windowless building because She believe that what's there aiming for is inside it. A perfect container that is not tainted by magic or science.
Old 2012-05-27, 20:49   Link #18514
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I really would like Aleister to instagib Othinus just to prove a point.
(By the way, I think Aleister is immune to Dainsleif because as he showed in his "execution" of Fiamma that he can be in two places at the same time and thus, can revive himself using the life-prolonging devices he has back in Academy City.)

I may be a Norse magician hater, but it's only because their magic is 1000 years old, and is obsolete Aeon-wise compared to Aleister's Aeon.
I would like to see Aleister refute Othinus methods and logic behind IB. just like what he did with Fiamma. Unfortunately, IB is still incomplete in conjunction with his plans so we can't really expect much at the moment.
Old 2012-05-27, 20:59   Link #18515
blackwhite67
Banned

Has anyone found it weird that Touma has risked his life so many times like the time he fell into the Arctic and he still hasn't died? Even though his IB is supposed to bring him bad luck?

Actually, it kinda makes sense. When you die, you're dead. You can't experience happiness or misery, luck or misfortune. So the bad luck from IB will keep him alive so it can keep wreaking havoc on his life.
Old 2012-05-27, 21:07   Link #18516
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Has anyone found it weird that Touma has risked his life so many times like the time he fell into the Arctic and he still hasn't died? Even though his IB is supposed to bring him bad luck?

Actually, it kinda makes sense. When you die, you're dead. You can't experience happiness or misery, luck or misfortune. So the bad luck from IB will keep him alive so it can keep wreaking havoc on his life.
No not really. I think his will power to never give up in the face of death is partly the reason why he's able to "cheat" death to the point where he's a regular attendant at the hospital.

I could be wrong or I'm missing something but that's just my two cents.
Old 2012-05-27, 21:07   Link #18517
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
They are targeting the windowless building because She believe that what's there aiming for is inside it. A perfect container that is not tainted by magic or science.
Well they have to fight through Aleister himself though. And probably Laura as well, as she does not want these people to take away what is supposed to be hers — the victory over Academy City.

Ichihanaransai would be a battlefield averted from human eyes, just like the Daihaseisai.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-05-27, 21:27   Link #18518
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:

I think that's a hint that there's more to IB than meets the eye. I'm guessing it makes Touma's body tougher somehow, because he does keep fighting regardless of how much punishment he takes (which is a lot).
Old 2012-05-27, 21:35   Link #18519
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Well they have to fight through Aleister himself though. And probably Laura as well, as she does not want these people to take away what is supposed to be hers — the victory over Academy City.

Ichihanaransai would be a battlefield averted from human eyes, just like the Daihaseisai.
Yeah, Laura has a head start in preparing to start her compaign against AC. Gremlin is still in its preparation stages.
Old 2012-05-27, 21:35   Link #18520
tsunade666

what if it didn't turn into averted from human eyes and just turn into bloody war. It's not like a magician is using it as a trade place.

Gremlin's way show that they meant business and they do it the hard and exaggerated way if you ask me. For their fast works like radiosonde castle, Hawaian war and test work for baggage city.

They probably won't even try to hide it.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen