AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-09-21, 00:01   Link #2081
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
Lucy's speech was the best part of the episode.

The anime has almost no filler, it needed some for be a good adaptation instead of a copy/paste of the manga and that was a great filler.
Yeah, Lucy's speech was good. Although, I'm pretty sure the Lightning Palace should have activated like 5 minutes before she even had a chance to make her speech. How long does 3 minutes last, anyway? We talking DBZ minutes here?

But yeah, I'm REALLY pleased with this show. I really hope it continues for a long time. It's got solid plots, character development AND animation. It's been a long time since I've seen an ongoing shounen anime with all three of these features.
Old 2010-09-21, 16:45   Link #2082
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Seconded...even if this show doesn't have the best animation around, it has improved tons since the beginning, and the characters are simply amazing! Plot's pretty good too, with a limited amount of WTF moments and a proper background for all the important characters.
Quote:
We talking DBZ minutes here?
Naw, the time was flowing normally, but think of the time zone difference, Lucy's somewhere in town and Luxus is aaaall the way over at the Cathedral
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 19:45   Link #2083
kitten320

I had suspision of Laxus being dragon slayer since last preview, but was not aware of it till then. Nice twist^^

He sure is a power monster 0_o

I wonder how come Erza is fine, shouldn't she get killed by beig hit my maximum power of her own?
Old 2010-09-21, 20:29   Link #2084
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I wonder how come Erza is fine, shouldn't she get killed by beig hit my maximum power of her own?
Erza is invincible. It would take an act of God to kill her.
Old 2010-09-22, 05:55   Link #2085
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
She has a main character shield.
Old 2010-09-22, 09:28   Link #2086
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Erza is invincible. It would take an act of God to kill her.
That's not entirely true - it would take an act of Ezra to kill Ezra.

We have Chuck Norris - Fairy Tail has Ezra. XDD
Old 2010-09-22, 14:45   Link #2087
kitten320

Actually I really got disappointed by that... last episode had a build up that it could kill her and I expected something to happen to preverent it but in the end nothing really happened

Anyway was good to see transformed Mirjana again, looks like she has full control of her power again. I feared that it might have been just a moment of power when she fought Freed. Glad it wasn't. Hope she will own some more in the future

I actually I would love to see her fight Laxus. Wonder how it would go.
Old 2010-09-22, 15:14   Link #2088
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

It seems like there is a limit how much damage those things can put out. Erza is crazy, she took like 200 of those lacrima and survived. That was enough to kill at least 100 people, since 1 just messes you up really bad... 2 would be lethal.

So, the spell protecting them probably had a cap. Taking out 200 is the same as taking out 1.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 17:47   Link #2089
kitten320

Still dissapointing... not that I want Erza dead or something.
Old 2010-09-23, 01:12   Link #2090
Crontica

Yeah Erza's critical damage was unrealistic, at most she should be comatose for a straight week.
Old 2010-09-23, 02:14   Link #2091
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Yeah Erza's critical damage was unrealistic, at most she should be comatose for a straight week.
She had a Pheonix Down stashed away in her armor somewhere.
Old 2010-09-23, 12:23   Link #2092
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

My theory is that the amount of damage you get doesn't stack.

I.e. if you destroyed 100 at the same time you get the same amount of damage back on you as if you destroyed 1.

When Laxus was saying she wouldn't survive destroy so many of them, I think he was either thinking she would do them one at a time, or maybe he was just ignorant.

Honestly, since it's an electrical attack, that makes some physical sense. Beyond a certain point the energy will just flow through you into the ground... Damage would be more dependent on total duration than the total voltage.

Okay, now I'm really over-analyzing this
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 13:24   Link #2093
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Honestly, since it's an electrical attack, that makes some physical sense. Beyond a certain point the energy will just flow through you into the ground... Damage would be more dependent on total duration than the total voltage.
Well, actually not true. Higher voltages would affect the damage you took, minus what your body's natural electrical resistance is. Most humans have a 1100 wet skin Ohm resistance. It's higher if your skin is dry, at around 495,000 Ohm. Internal body resistance is MUCH lower, at around only 85-575 Ohm. Higher resistance is better.

It's not directly voltage that kills someone, it's CURRENT. It only takes .015 amps across the heart to kill someone. The formula for calculating current (amps) is thus:
Voltage/Ohms = Amperes

If anything, Erza could have survived because her metal body armor channeled the bulk of the electrical charges away from her body's internals, much like a car protects you from lightning (assuming you're INSIDE it) by routing the electricity through the steel chassis.

So taking into account both her dry state and the fact that she was wearing a ton of metal body armor, she could have easily survived something like 10,000,000 Volts (a lightning strike). If she hadn't had armor she would have been fried, but I'm sure that her armor helped quite a bit.
Old 2010-09-23, 17:53   Link #2094
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
My theory is that the amount of damage you get doesn't stack.

I.e. if you destroyed 100 at the same time you get the same amount of damage back on you as if you destroyed 1.

When Laxus was saying she wouldn't survive destroy so many of them, I think he was either thinking she would do them one at a time, or maybe he was just ignorant.

Okay, now I'm really over-analyzing this
Now you are making things up. Put your fingers into electrical socket or whatever it is called and you will receivde a seriouse damage if not even getting instantly killed.
Old 2010-09-23, 17:55   Link #2095
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Well, actually not true. Higher voltages would affect the damage you took, minus what your body's natural electrical resistance is. Most humans have a 1100 wet skin Ohm resistance. It's higher if your skin is dry, at around 495,000 Ohm. Internal body resistance is MUCH lower, at around only 85-575 Ohm. Higher resistance is better.

It's not directly voltage that kills someone, it's CURRENT. It only takes .015 amps across the heart to kill someone. The formula for calculating current (amps) is thus:
Voltage/Ohms = Amperes

If anything, Erza could have survived because her metal body armor channeled the bulk of the electrical charges away from her body's internals, much like a car protects you from lightning (assuming you're INSIDE it) by routing the electricity through the steel chassis.

So taking into account both her dry state and the fact that she was wearing a ton of metal body armor, she could have easily survived something like 10,000,000 Volts (a lightning strike). If she hadn't had armor she would have been fried, but I'm sure that her armor helped quite a bit.
That's a good theory. The steel in the armor would be a better conductor of electric current than the body and as such virtually all of the current would go through it instead of the body allowing her to survive... of course the major hole in the theory is that the armor would probably not be able to stand all the current or it would eat up to lethal levels.

But all this is moot since the tru fax is that she survived because of the plot armor and nothing else.
Old 2010-09-23, 19:51   Link #2096
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, let's say that Ezra DID die from this...how many of use would praise Mashima for being realistic in his portrayal of electricity vs how many would try to lynch him for killing off Ezra in such a manner when dying back in the tower that way would have been much more pivotal?
Old 2010-09-23, 21:53   Link #2097
Slayerx

Quote:
Anyway was good to see transformed Mirjana again, looks like she has full control of her power again. I feared that it might have been just a moment of power when she fought Freed. Glad it wasn't. Hope she will own some more in the future
Actually one thing i would point out is that Mirajane was not seen in the manga shooting down the temple of thunder. So whether or not she has full access to her power is really still up to debate since we don't know if the anime just made a continuity error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Well, let's say that Ezra DID die from this...how many of use would praise Mashima for being realistic in his portrayal of electricity vs how many would try to lynch him for killing off Ezra in such a manner when dying back in the tower that way would have been much more pivotal?
Well it's like others have said... it's not like anyone wanted her to die, just make her survival believable

Granted, i do think their might be some merit in the idea that the damage doesn't stack so whether you hit them all at once or just one doesn't matter...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 23:18   Link #2098
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
That's a good theory. The steel in the armor would be a better conductor of electric current than the body and as such virtually all of the current would go through it instead of the body allowing her to survive... of course the major hole in the theory is that the armor would probably not be able to stand all the current or it would eat up to lethal levels.

But all this is moot since the tru fax is that she survived because of the plot armor and nothing else.
Plot Shield is stronger than a kilometer-thick wall of depleted uranium armor.
Old 2010-09-24, 13:24   Link #2099
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Actually one thing i would point out is that Mirajane was not seen in the manga shooting down the temple of thunder. So whether or not she has full access to her power is really still up to debate since we don't know if the anime just made a continuity error

Well it's like others have said... it's not like anyone wanted her to die, just make her survival believable

Granted, i do think their might be some merit in the idea that the damage doesn't stack so whether you hit them all at once or just one doesn't matter...
You ruined my dream

I still would prefer to see her in light coma at least.
Old 2010-09-25, 00:49   Link #2100
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:

Voltage/Ohms = Amperes

Okay... even if Erza's armor acted as a faraday cage, others took out multiples as well, maybe not 200 but in the dozens. Damage cap seems more plausible.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen