AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 39 44.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 25.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 19.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.15%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.15%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 3.45%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-15, 03:48   Link #521
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

'magic damage' Apparently it can blast through dozens of bulkheads, create giant craters etc. etc. but it doesn't neccisarely kill. Makes me shake my head, though.
Old 2007-11-15, 03:53   Link #522
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
'magic damage' Apparently it can blast through dozens of bulkheads, create giant craters etc. etc. but it doesn't neccisarely kill. Makes me shake my head, though.
I know >.< I mean c'mon, Signum kills Zest with a magical enhanced attack, while Nanoha threw almost everything she had, and she doesn't have a kill record yet?! That's BS! >.<
Old 2007-11-15, 04:21   Link #523
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I know, I hate it too. One can argue Signum vs Zest because Signum used a sword, hard to put a stun setting on a sharp piece of metal.

The biggest problem with magical damage is that it is supposed to whipe away the targets magical stamina. Hence it should do no damage to physical objects.
Old 2007-11-15, 05:44   Link #524
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
I have one beef though about the character deaths:

ONLY 5 PEOPLE DIED!!!! Precia, Alicia, Zest, Regius, and Due (by official sources).

I MEAN C'MON!!! HOW CAN QUATTRO SURVIVE A BLASTER 3 DIVINE BUSTER?!!! THAT SHOULDN'T BE POSSIBLE!!! For that matter...SHE SHOULD BE IN TINY LITTLE PIECES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! >.<

Am I the only one who's really complaining about this?!
I know, even I can't imagine that after all the damage that Nanoha has done to her enemies, they still have survived and lived to see another day.
Maybe its one of the biggest plot holes in the Nanoha world?
Though in the first season, I can see how Fate just fainted after getting hit by Nanoha's Starlight Breaker for the first time, she was shown just fainting and no physical damage...just out of magical power.
But soon after that, magical damage became somewhat physically damaging to the target getting hit by the magical power. I can understand the Wolkritters...they have close combat range weapons and they can do both magical and physical damage...though I'm not really sure but someone can correct me on this though.

But Starlight Breaker X5 and its target was Vivio and Vivio was shown with no physical damage whatsoever....now thats magical damage done to the linker core...Quattro getting hit by Divine buster and blasting through the walls and such....thats physical mixed with magical damage...I think I'm just confusing myself here.
Old 2007-11-15, 08:39   Link #525
arkhangelsk

Here's my rationalization - the walls of the Cradle are pseudomatter walls similar in nature to the Wolkenritter, barrier jackets and devices in combat mode. Thus, Nanoha was blasting through magic, not matter.
Old 2007-11-15, 17:54   Link #526
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
It still doesn't make sense to me...because even Barrier jackets can only take so much damage before poof they become useless! I mean c'mon, look at the first time Nanoha and Vita square off! A well placed hammer shot had shattered a layer of barrier jacket right off of Nanoha!

So the fact that Divine Buster at the very least didn't rend right through some of Quattro's armour had me going WTF!

That actually includes Vivio. I mean the poor girl should be out cold if it was all 'magical damage' that had been inflicted. There's no way the body could take that much pain and still stay conscious, even if they change forms >.<

It bothers me to no end.
Old 2007-11-15, 19:13   Link #527
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
It still doesn't make sense to me...because even Barrier jackets can only take so much damage before poof they become useless! I mean c'mon, look at the first time Nanoha and Vita square off! A well placed hammer shot had shattered a layer of barrier jacket right off of Nanoha!
That was actually, AFAIK, the reactive system firing off to blast Nanoha back, away from the deadly hammer.

Quote:
So the fact that Divine Buster at the very least didn't rend right through some of Quattro's armour had me going WTF!
The armor must be physical.
Old 2007-11-16, 07:14   Link #528
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Though that raises the question why it even hurt Quattro to begin with? Magical Damage targets the Magical Energy, Quattro does not have Magical Energy, being a sentoukijin (or at least she was never actively using such) so one has to wonder why she was affected at all?
Old 2007-11-16, 07:31   Link #529
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Though that raises the question why it even hurt Quattro to begin with? Magical Damage targets the Magical Energy, Quattro does not have Magical Energy, being a sentoukijin (or at least she was never actively using such) so one has to wonder why she was affected at all?
The energy has to go somewhere after it depletes the target, regardless of what it is supposed to be targeting. Sentoukijin energy source perhaps.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2007-11-16, 10:41   Link #530
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
The energy has to go somewhere after it depletes the target, regardless of what it is supposed to be targeting. Sentoukijin energy source perhaps.

Which then also proves Keroko's point that magic damage does affect targets with non-magical properties.
Old 2007-11-16, 11:13   Link #531
arkhangelsk

Not really. It is pretty darn obvious that despite all the hype, the only real difference b/w IS-energy and magical energy is that the latter gets blocked by AMF. Annoying and cheap but true.

In other things, they are exactly the same. You can do much the same things. And we learn in Ep26 that if you have a IS-drive, you can just use that to power your normal magic attacks with zero visible retraining or recalculation of the correct formula to use.

Thus, Nanoha's beam just has enough effect bandwidth to scrape the IS part of the spectrum.
Old 2009-05-19, 05:55   Link #532
xiaoamy
Magical Fan!

I don't like people dying but some of the numbers that was suppose to die didn't instead was knocked unconscious...especially when Nanoha blasted no. ?10 or 12? she didn't die, I mean the blast so powerful enough to vaporise her but she was knocked out instead
Old 2009-05-19, 14:52   Link #533
Iromaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoamy View Post
I don't like people dying but some of the numbers that was suppose to die didn't instead was knocked unconscious...especially when Nanoha blasted no. ?10 or 12? she didn't die, I mean the blast so powerful enough to vaporise her but she was knocked out instead
I always told myself that they can set their magic to stun mode, just like Star Trek weapons. And that they can program their attacks. For example to fly 100m in lethal mode destroying everything in the way and then switch to stun mode right before hitting the target. But it would be nice to hear something official on those matters.
Closed Thread