AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-07-09, 12:38   Link #81
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I'm more disappointed in the lack of Phantom in the top 10. I personally would hardly call Asura Cryin a more "interesting/amusing" anime than the aforementioned Phantom (no offense to anyone who liked it).
Old 2009-07-09, 13:39   Link #82
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post

Dengeki Top 2009 Spring Anime Rankings

Source : Sankaku / Dengeki
no wonder why I didn't quite enjoy the Spring Season... :P
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 15:14   Link #83
Trans-Fat

Quote:

FMA and DBK isn't REALLY new is it? They are remakes but not quite "new". Personally, I am surprised that Saki made it so high (don't worry, I love that show too).
Trans-Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 05:05   Link #84
klare

wow, i never even watch Saki, FMA, DBK and Cross Game...

the best show in my opinion is Phantom but it is not in the list

this ranking only voted by Japanese?
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 08:32   Link #85
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Am I the only one who loves the fact that Cross Game was on this list? Eden of the East and Cross Game certainly deserve to be, though I wiched Cross Game would be ranked higher.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 08:37   Link #86
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Am I the only one who loves the fact that Cross Game was on this list? Eden of the East and Cross Game certainly deserve to be, though I wiched Cross Game would be ranked higher.
I'm glad Cross Game made the list.

It's the best anime this season.
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 09:29   Link #87
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
the best show in my opinion is Phantom but it is not in the list
Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
I'm more disappointed in the lack of Phantom in the top 10.
Phantom has not been performing all that well going by viewer ratings in Japan. It has been at the bottom in recent times .

Quote:
May 18-24 : *0.3% (*0.8%) 05/21 26:15-26:45 TX* Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~

May 25-31 : *0.5% (*0.3%) 05/28 26:15-26:45 TX* Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~

June 01-07 : *0.7% (*0.5%) 06/04 26:15-26:45 TX* Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~
Further details here <cliky>

Quote:
this ranking only voted by Japanese?
The Poll was conducted by ASCII Media Works (Dengeki) and the Poll was done, via there various publications . The poll audience was predominantly Japanese as its a Japanese publication. The poll results were published on Dengeki Online (DOL)
Old 2009-07-10, 10:58   Link #88
Rawr:3
Kabang. ★

Send a message via AIM to Rawr:3
Lol. K-On is first X3. Interesting. Phantom is not on it? DDD:
Rawr:3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 11:32   Link #89
Shadow Kira01

Quote:

K-ON! scored top spot.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 20:58   Link #90
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Hmm, didn't see K-ON! grabbing first place at all.
Old 2009-07-11, 03:07   Link #91
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

...K-ON! ranked ahead of Eden? Fail.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 08:28   Link #92
Echoes

K-On and Higashi no Eden were the two shows I most enjoyed this season, by far. I'm surprised that for once my sentiments seem to mirror that of the majority. Seems like the rest of y'all finally caught up. Just kidding, of course, but it's nice to see my two favorites on top of the list. Personally, I would put Eden above K-on, but both were tremendous shows; very successful at what they were aiming at, it's just that Higashi no Eden, in my opinion, set its sights a bit higher. But like I said, both fantastically enjoyable.

Since I'm already here, I'll rant a bit about the shows I finished this season.

Sengoku Basara. 5/10. It was fun. Yeah, fun. I'm not a Japanese history buff, nor am I enthralled by the screaming men, but it was enjoyable. There were a few too many names for me to keep on top of things, but the insanity hit home, most of the time. Not one of my favorites, but good enough to warrant a watch.

Queen's Blade. 3/10 Guilty pleasure. Well, the guilty part is correct, at least. I have to admit, I didn't entirely hate it, but it was horrible compared to anything you put it up against. Nice girls, though, the character designs were varied and aesthetically pleasing, which if of course what they were going for. Everything that sucks about it has already been said, so I might as well point out its few positive traits.

Natsu no Arashi. 6-7~/10. I thought I would hate this after seeing the main character, but boy was I wrong. The humor was just right, the artstyle was fantastic, as is to be expected of the creators. The characters were very endearing, and I thought they made great use of time travel, a concept which is overused in fiction, but rarely used well. I can't wait for more of this. Good, good stuff.

K-on.
8/10. Excellent moe-flick. Everything that a cute, funny anime should be. Even if I'm not always laughing watching this; I'm always smiling. Great characters, fantastic animations and lovely music. I got no complaints.

Hatsukoi Limited. 4/10. I found Hatsukoi to be a very inconsistent show. Some episodes were great, but unfortunately, most weren't. I felt that there were a few too many characters for just 12 episodes. I had my fun with this show, but it was horribly generic and much of the humor fell flat.

Higashi no Eden
. 9/10. The best anime I have seen in a long while. It was ambitious, and with a story that first seemed like it would be convoluted and difficult to resolve, but it all worked out perfectly, in a mere 11 episodes. The characters were believable and charismatic, and everything just came together perfectly. Best anime experience this year. Bravo!

Tayutama -Kiss on my Deity- 4/10. Cute girls, generic setting, generic everything, but alright for what it was. Nothing more to say about this one.
Old 2009-07-12, 01:57   Link #93
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
...K-ON! ranked ahead of Eden? Fail.
Considering that this is an Otaku poll I am amazed that Eden is even on there at all let alone that highly ranked. In my eyes I would have predicted it going:

#1: K-On
#2: Dragon Ball Kai
#3: Saki
#4: Fullmetal Alchemist
#5: Hayate No Gotoku 2
#6: Basquash!
#7: Sengoku Basara
#8: Valkyria Chronicles
#9: Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z-Hen
#10: Shangrila

or something like that. Anyway as always, while it's always interesting to see I have to wonder whether I should be bothered to care or taken into account someone else's list. What does it mean to me? Well......... [ ]
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 02:40   Link #94
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Why? because its entertaining? because it was fun to watch?

Oh I know... it doesn't grow your e-peen for watching it right? What will the mass of 10-year olds - with a misconception that watching boring psychological-political nonsense worse then a hollywood fic is smart adult-like - think of you! What?! you watched something because it was fun, oh my god that is so "not-mature"! how could you. Quickly go to the K-on! episode threads and preach your greater-then-all undisputed value! Don't worry there were enough trolls during its air time to ask "Why do you like this..." so you'll feel just at home.
Or maybe it's just because he enjoyed Eden of the East more than K-ON?
Old 2009-07-12, 05:43   Link #95
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Considering that this is an Otaku poll I am amazed that Eden is even on there at all let alone that highly ranked. In my eyes I would have predicted it going:
Maybe it's because most Otaku are NEETS?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 06:03   Link #96
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

And NEETS like watching themselves? do they even look at themselves in a mirror?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
#10: Shangrila
LOLwut? What is that a placeholder (given your premise).
Old 2009-07-12, 06:50   Link #97
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
And NEETS like watching themselves? do they even look at themselves in a mirror?
LOLwut? What is that a placeholder (given your premise).
Yep, placeholder.

Also might I just humbly recommend loosening up in this thread a little?

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2009-07-12 at 07:03.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 08:42   Link #98
Grif

Although i enjoyed K-ON! It only served as a relaxing simple thing to watch. While something like eden was actually very well put together and i found it to be much more interesting. So i dont think it deserves the number 1 spot, but i can see why it got it.

I guess it also helps that it had kyoani behind it, I doubt it would have got the same initial hype if it had been done by a different studio.

(I fail because although i think this, i have a K-ON avatar)
Grif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 11:04   Link #99
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Yes, yes I know... I am late with this review list. It took some time to write the reviews for most of the shows. Bellow is how I sorted the anime's I watched and the links will bring you to more detailed reviews done by me.

Dropped: Dragon Ball Kai
Censorship, dated out art and terrible voice acting choices are what made me drop this series, along with the fact that I read the Dragon Ball manga few days before Kai aired. I feel that a classic like Dragon Ball deserved better treatment then this.
However, this does not mean that this show shouldn't be watched... far from it! If you feel nostalgic about DBZ or just want to watch the DB anime, then Kai comes with my recommendations as the cut out filler and few color edits make DBK a better choice then DBZ.

8th Place: Shangri-La
A show that had a lot of potential, all wasted on terrible storytelling
Score: 3.5/5

7th Place: Naruto: Shippuden (Sanbi Filler Arc)
While this was probably the best Naruto Filler Arc, it was worse then almost all other Spring '09 Shows I watched.
Score: 3.5/5

6th Place: BLEACH: Invasion of Karakura Town (Round 1)
After a long time, BLEACH became interesting again, not to mention that animation and pacing in few episodes in this arc were awesome.
Score: 3.8/5

5th Place: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
FMA:B is the anime adaptation that is supposed to animate the material that was never animated by the first adaptation. That material has been reached in episode 14 and from episode 15 onwards the new material will get animated and the rating will increase. This season however was ruined by the fast pacing and the quantity of cut material and that hurt it a lot. Hopefully, the future episodes won't be so fast-paced.
Score: 4/5

4th Place: Guin Saga
One of the Sleeper Hits of Spring '09, Guin Saga is a must-watch for every Fantasy fan and a highly recommended watch for casual viewers. As for every other Spring '09 show, once you are past first few episodes you will find an anime that should stay remembered in the world of anime entertainment.
Score: 4.4/5

3rd Place: Eden of the East
Eden of the East is an ambitious and well done anime with a complex plot that centers on social issues and on human society itself. Good comedy, intriguing mystery and great protagonist make this one of the best shows of the season Spring '09
Score: 4.5/5

2nd Place: Pandora Hearts*
When I was deciding what Spring anime I will watch, Pandora Hearts was very low on my list. Bad art (at first glance), low airing quality (Widescreen versions of the episodes aired few weeks after first episode airing). And as you can see now, Pandora Hearts is very, very high on this list. Awesome setting, fascinating storyline, great characters, deep character development and many, many other things make this shounen anime a must-watch.
Score: 4.8/5

1st Place: Phantom: ~Requiem for the Phantom~*
An anime that I didn't even intend to watch at first, I decided to give it a try thinking that mafia's, assains and action would make this a good show. However, I put it on hold for two months as I wasn't impressed much by it at first. However, after watching 10 episodes of this anime, I can honestly say one thing: I became a fan.
Dark (but realistic) setting, deep character development, emotional factor, great and believeable characters, great (tough sometimes cliche) plot with more then few twists... there is ceartanly a lot of things to like about this anime and to those who read this and have not watched it, I can say only one thing: GO AND WATCH IT!
Score: 5+

Final Thoughts on Spring '09:
While this spring didn't throw a classic at us (tough Phantom might become just that), the sheer number of great shows make up for it. However, weak starts of most of the shows (not just the ones I reviewed here) will make it seem like the shows are bad, but believe me: once you are past 3 or 5 episodes, you will find out that there are a lot of jewels in this season.

*shows that I won't review until they are finished since I am biased by reading the source materials (amnga for PH and Visual Novel for Phantom)
Old 2009-10-01, 14:08   Link #100
kobejin

Full Metal Alchemist : Brotherhood (51 ep viewed) - 8.5/10

K-ON! (finished) - 8.5/10

Eden of the East (finished) - 8.5/10

Cross Game (finished) - 8.0/10

Tears to Tiara (finished) - 7.5/10

Guin Saga (finished) - 7.0/10

Hayate no Gotoku (finished) - 7.0/10

Valkyrie Chronicles (finished) - 6.5/10

Basquash! (finished) - 6.5/10

Phantom (finished) - 6.5/10

Pandora Hearts (finished) - 6.5/10

Sengoku BASARA (finished) - 6.5/10

Shangri-LA (finished) - 5.5/10

Natsu no Arashi (3 ep dropped) - 4/10

Asura Cryin' (4 ep dropped) - 4/10

Hatsukoi Gentei (3 ep dropped) - 4/10

Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica (3 ep dropped) - 4/10

Saki (3 ep dropped) - 3/10

07-Ghost (3 ep dropped) - 3/10

Queens Blade (2 ep dropped) - 2/10

Tayutama (1 ep dropped) - 1/10

Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan (1 ep dropped) - 1/10

Last edited by kobejin; 2010-04-07 at 07:03.
kobejin is offline   Reply With Quote