Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-18, 16:04   Link #141
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Thanks \o/ But that's okay, I'm not trying to impose my views on you or anything We've probably just got different interpretations of events and personalities, and I don't see the pairing as impossible. Actually, I like to imagine Kallen and Gino as friends in the future. And a romantic developement is possible in my mind; not necessary, but it's there.
Haha, no need to thank. I just expressed my opinion as well.
I say, that a lot of people think GinoxKallen as a possible future couple, cause of Gino's age as well. For me, her interactions with him are in the same wavelength as the one she had with Tamaki etc, Totally platonic, it is just the same age that gives a prop to the "fans" of this pairing, this is what i see around.
Like i said, for me, Guren would turn blue if Kallen and Gino had something more than just a friendly, casual talk but this is what i see. I can't actually completely reject future possibilities.
Old 2008-12-18, 16:05   Link #142
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Thanks \o/ But that's okay, I'm not trying to impose my views on you or anything We've probably just got different interpretations of events and personalities, and I don't see the pairing as impossible. Actually, I like to imagine Kallen and Gino as friends in the future. And a romantic developement is possible in my mind; not necessary, but it's there.
Then you should have no problem with people saying the same for Suzaku x C.C.. Right? Despite the fact that the show implies nothing to this end realistically and within character, just like Gino x Kallen.

Not really trying to argue, just trying to understand how you are thinking here, because you're focusing on very specific events and, from the looks of it, ignoring everything else. You said how they interacted in the last few episodes, but we know that at least on one side, the party was vehimately not interested at all. So how does this work as a basis when compared to how CG has handled any and all romance within the show.
Old 2008-12-18, 16:06   Link #143
Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Haha, no need to thank. I just expressed my opinion as well.
I say, that a lot of people think GinoxKallen as a possible future couple, cause of Gino's age as well. For me, her interactions with him are in the same wavelength as the one she had with Tamaki etc, Totally platonic, it is just the same age that gives a prop to the "fans" of this pairing, this is what i see around.
Like i said, for me, Guren would turn blue if Kallen and Gino had something more than just a friendly, casual talk but this is what i see. I can't actually completely reject future possibilities.
Gino is about two years younger, or a year and several months. He's 17 in R2, Kallen is heading towards 19. Its hard to say exactly but there is a good year+ in between them.
Old 2008-12-18, 16:07   Link #144
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Hmm, well i can't actually disagree with the way you stated your points. For me, this pairing even in the 'what if' is like 1% to happen cause of the events in the series, different personalities and whatever i stated above, but i guess, you can't actually argue a future possibility, that is true.
I know trying to predict what could happen in the future is pointless. Given what was shown during the show, epilogue and side materials(especially the character song). The staff just keeps pushing Kallen's feelings for Lelouch. Kallen seemed content with her life and just leave it at that. We don't even know what Gino's doing by the way. A very minor, unimportant character to me at least. Its ok to like the pairing because of the way they look. But to say in my opinion it can happen given everything about Kallen during the season and post season materials. It doesn't seem likely. If it was even one sided I would acknowledge the possibility.
Old 2008-12-18, 16:15   Link #145
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
I know trying to predict what could happen in the future is pointless. Given what was shown during the show, epilogue and side materials(especially the character song). The staff just keeps pushing Kallen's feelings for Lelouch. Kallen seemed content with her life and just leave it at that. We don't even know what Gino's doing by the way. A very minor, unimportant character to me at least. Its ok to like the pairing because of the way they look. But to say in my opinion it can happen given everything about Kallen during the season and post season materials. It doesn't seem likely. If it was even one sided I would acknowledge the possibility.

Well yeah, this is what i stated in one of my previous posts. For me, there is no chance between those two. But i guess i can understand, if for some other people, this seems kinda plausible in the future.

ETA: @Lie:: Yeah i know, it is still close though, this is what i meant.
Old 2008-12-18, 16:15   Link #146
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
Then you should have no problem with people saying the same for Suzaku x C.C.. Right? Despite the fact that the show implies nothing to this end realistically and within character, just like Gino x Kallen.

Not really trying to argue, just trying to understand how you are thinking here, because you're focusing on very specific events and, from the looks of it, ignoring everything else. You said how they interacted in the last few episodes, but we know that at least on one side, the party was vehimately not interested at all. So how does this work as a basis when compared to how CG has handled any and all romance within the show.
It doesn't, you're right. Sorry for being unrealistic and failing at understanding characters as well as you do. Heck, I shouldn't even be posting here at all what with my poor skills at grasping such things.

I'd have nothing against people saying SuzakuxC.C is possible, I even like the idea if you really want to know. I just think that GinoxKallen is not as illogical as some people make it out to be, that they would make a good match and that there were micro-instances towards the end that made it a possibly possible possibility in the long run.

Have a nice evening.
Old 2008-12-18, 16:17   Link #147
Xander

The way I see it, a relationship between Kallen and Gino is an open door...but nobody walked through it during the chronology of the show.

It can happen in the future in the eyes of the fans who like this pairing but this would stay outside the limits of canon. I admit that there are some wonderful Gino and Kallen fanfics and fanarts, which is something I can accept even if it goes against my personal preferences.

Gino and Kallen became friends, but a man and a woman can easily remain just that. You need some additional development to show us what happened later, to go from friends to lovers. If R2 had done this, and done it well, I would not mind.
Old 2008-12-18, 16:19   Link #148
Haku-Men
Banned

Location: depths of Kagutsuchi where the Sheol Gate is located
Quote:
you have to remember that Kallen sole development this season was centered around knowing Lelouch so of course her material are gonna be based soley on that.
Old 2008-12-18, 16:20   Link #149
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
The way I see it, a relationship between Kallen and Gino is an open door...but nobody walked through it during the chronology of the show.

It can happen in the future in the eyes of the fans who like this pairing but this is outside the limits of official materials. I admit that there are some wonderful Gino and Kallen fanfics and fanarts, which is something I can accept even if it goes against my personal preferences.

Gino and Kallen became friends, but a man and a woman can easily remain just that. You need some additional development to show us what happened later, to go from friends to lovers. If R2 had done this, and done it well, I would not mind.
You took the words out of my mouth. I don't even have to post anymore about that pairing, ain't even one sided romantically.

Edit- Of course her development was centered around Lelouch its obvious. That's why the pairing of Kallen and Gino doesn't seem likely to me given everything.
Old 2008-12-18, 16:28   Link #150
yvj
U Mad?

If I recall correctly Gino believes Lelouch to be an evil tyrant. He's likely the type to bring up how he helped save the world from the "monster" Lelouch.

I personally don't see how Kallen can spend much time with him.
Old 2008-12-18, 16:29   Link #151
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

*looks at the GinoxKallen discussion*
*tries to see the problem*
*fails*

...Oh well. I'll just agree with Eliarine. xD
Kallen and Gino getting together seems more likely to me than SuzakuxNunally, and even though I think both Kallen and Suzaku will never be in love with a living person again, I can understand people who believe otherwise.
And really, convincing Gino that Lelouch wasn't just an evil tyrant wouldn't be that hard for Kallen. He's not exactly the most judgmental guy, after all.
Old 2008-12-18, 16:29   Link #152
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
If I recall correctly Gino believes Lelouch to be an evil tyrant. He's likely the type to bring up how he helped save the world from the "monster" Lelouch.

Gino doesn't strike me as the egotistical type, really. Now Tamaki, he'd probably say things like that, being the Patrick he is.
Old 2008-12-18, 16:32   Link #153
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post

It can happen in the future in the eyes of the fans who like this pairing but this would stay outside the limits of canon. I admit that there are some wonderful Gino and Kallen fanfics and fanarts, which is something I can accept even if it goes against my personal preferences.

That's totally it

It's possible in the fanart and fanfiction world, but in a show view, it's not there. Or at the same level as Kallen x Tamaki. Even less.

The only pairing which could have been possible if Kallen was so much in love with Lelouch would have Been Kallen/Suzaku in my view (Crossed paths/ Relationship with Lelouch/They both lost the one they loved...)

But even this one isn't really possible.

Kallen/Lelouch >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kallen/Suzaku >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kallen/random Guy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kallen/Gino.

Old 2008-12-18, 16:33   Link #154
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
And really, convincing Gino that Lelouch wasn't just an evil tyrant wouldn't be that hard for Kallen. He's not exactly the most judgmental guy, after all.
Gino went through a crisis to figure out why he should fight. He decided to fight Lelouch and Suzaku after much strain on himself.

Now Kallen is supposed to convince him that Lelouch was a good guy? Why should he believe her? She has no proof.

And don't you wonder if Gino would think Kallen was nuts by trying to convince him the biggest dictator the world has ever seen actually died for their sins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Gino doesn't strike me as the egotistical type, really. Now Tamaki, he'd probably say things like that, being the Patrick he is.
Gino has always had pride. There's no way he wouldn't take pride in helping fight "Lelouch's regime"

He would be considered a hero. Kallen would probably avoid that limelight for her own self. Now she would have to deal with Gino by her side being constantly reminded of what occurred in the past.

KallenXSuzaku is much more probable at least there's an angsty kind of understanding there.
Old 2008-12-18, 16:34   Link #155
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
*looks at the GinoxKallen discussion*
*tries to see the problem*
*fails*

...Oh well. I'll just agree with Eliarine. xD
Kallen and Gino getting together seems more likely to me than SuzakuxNunally, and even though I think both Kallen and Suzaku will never be in love with a living person again, I can understand people who believe otherwise.
I don't think Kallen would try to tell anyone the truth about Lelouch. She'll more than likely keep that to herself since Lelouch wanted people to remember him as a tyrant and she realized that as well. Though that's my opinion on the matter.

@Loli

I agree Kallen/Suzaku has a much better chance of happening.
Old 2008-12-18, 16:34   Link #156
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post

Hahaha, good point. Imagine::

Gino: And man, Kallen, i was dah man in the fight with that shit Lelouch and yadda
Kallen: Uh-huh.
Gino: So, what is your ideal date?
Kallen: Watching you getting hit by a bus.
Old 2008-12-18, 16:36   Link #157
Lie

Quote:
Gino didn't want to understand Suzaku, his best friend. Why would he want to understand Lelouch?
Gino has been shown to be a closed minded character, not an open-minded one.
He wanted to purge the Japanese at the start of R2.
Old 2008-12-18, 16:44   Link #158
AceFlashheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
Well, he wanted to purge the terroists.

This is also the reason I don't like Gino x Karen (or Gino in general).

But Kallen x Anyone is > Eternal-widow Kallen.

It completely subverts the idea of dying for the sake of a world his sister + freinds could live in happily if everyone has to be miserable.

I also don't think it's very IC for Kallen.

Suzaku may be emo enough to pull off an lifetime of mourning.

But Kallen always struck me as the hard-headed pragmatic type.

*high fives lolipopo*

I'm glad i'm not the only one who likes Kallen/Suzaku.

Though I won't bother arguing it.
Old 2008-12-18, 16:45   Link #159
Haku-Men
Banned

Location: depths of Kagutsuchi where the Sheol Gate is located
Quote:
Gino didn't want to understand Suzaku, his best friend. Why would he want to understand Lelouch?
To be fair he did try for a "second" to convince but the fact that he couldn't get through his mind that Suzaku spared him two times you really have to question his mentality.
Luckily for the english dub he's voiced by one of my favorite VAs Dave Wittenberg
Old 2008-12-18, 16:46   Link #160
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
I don't think Kallen would try to tell anyone the truth about Lelouch. She'll more than likely keep that to herself since Lelouch wanted people to remember him as a tyrant and she realized that as well. Though that's my opinion on the matter.
And I agree.
But if Kallen decided that Gino is awesome - be it as a friend or a lover - I don't think she would let him go on "badmouthing" Lelouch.
Then again, it would probably depend greatly on the circumstances, so...

Quote:
Gino didn't want to understand Suzaku, his best friend.
No, he wanted to make him smile.
And then Sunrise decided that even that would take too much screen time.
But I don't think that's Gino's fault. xD

Quote:
Why would he want to understand Lelouch?
Well, if he wanted to be friends or "more" with Kallen, that would be a requirement, which could be a great motivations.

Quote:
Gino isn't perfect, and he isn't one to pry into other people's business, but I never saw him as someone overly narrow-minded.
Oh well. Interpretations.