AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-12-31, 07:28   Link #1161
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Honestly, the DH was there for the " cool " factor to appeal to kids, being pirate themed and all, i do like the lance it has, but DB styled binders would've been cooler, you know, something to pack a punch instead of the pea shooter it had built in on the lance.

Instead they give Asemu a gimped machine to have him perform good in so his skills would look better
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 10:26   Link #1162
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Honestly, the DH was there for the " cool " factor to appeal to kids, being pirate themed and all, i do like the lance it has, but DB styled binders would've been cooler, you know, something to pack a punch instead of the pea shooter it had built in on the lance.

Instead they give Asemu a gimped machine to have him perform good in so his skills would look better

im cool you here, im cool with hyping asemu's skill but at the end of the day it would still be the mobile suit to get model kits etc. Come on give us an age 2 DH variation!

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 12:57   Link #1163
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamdrawer View Post
im cool you here, im cool with hyping asemu's skill but at the end of the day it would still be the mobile suit to get model kits etc. Come on give us an age 2 DH variation!
That's where the problem lies, the DH is counted as the " third " anime wear, and isnt a suit on its own (you know, they keep the base AGE-2 minus the redesigned head) and i mean, what could they alter on the DH to be honest? just make a pirate-colored DB?
Old 2013-01-01, 00:47   Link #1164
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I think the DH as a design is pretty cool as a kit, my problem with it is more in practicality with that weak gun. It doesn't need a super gun but something better than it currently has.

Is it possible to kitbash the Hyper DODS on the DH's Flight Mode and make it look practical and nice design wise? Because the Hyper DODS for all it's slowness has some power at least. The Hyper DODS also requires skill because it's firing rate isn't good.
Old 2013-01-01, 02:17   Link #1165
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I saw these at Gundam Wiki, they're most likely fake, but I figured they're good enough to be posted here anyway.

http://images.wikia.com/gundam/image...-_Line_Art.png

http://images.wikia.com/gundam/image...-_Line_Art.png

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/File:AG...-_Line_Art.png

I like that DODS rifle design for the Amterasu. Looks kinda like it'd be a carbine of some sort.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 08:33   Link #1166
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I recall seeing these somewhere, they're scans from a book but Ive forgotten the name. The scan I saw was a page of these all bundled and compressed together in a page.

I also know the guy who uploaded these to the Wiki. A very trustworthy editor, especially in AGE related matters. These aren't fake, all of them are linearts from video game Wears, the ones that haven't gotten a sidestory yet.

Amaterasu'a design reminds me of Harute's, on the shoulders and legs sections. The carbine of course is kickass. Honestly, visually I looks to be the most appealing of all the AGE-2's wears with the Harute inspirations and the rifle design, though the color is a bit weird. The Wikia article claims that the rifle's name is "Bry Riser", I'm guessing it was named in the game.

EDIT: They're from the MS Encyclopedia 2013 book. Here's a link to a scan posted by balofo from Mechatalk.

http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/85094e28gw1e09w5r34i2j.jpg

And this one from Homeless

http://i.imgur.com/1jOly.jpg

Last edited by SonicSP; 2013-01-01 at 09:07.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 10:39   Link #1167
Blazer-X

Holy shit. Got more scans of that book lying around?
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 13:46   Link #1168
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I think the section that focuses on AGE is pretty small, keep in mind that the book kinda covers the whole Gundam metaseries. I'll post anything in the thread if I find something else.
Old 2013-01-01, 15:13   Link #1169
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

That's pretty awesome. Nice to see that the Vagan MS from the game got linearts as well.
Old 2013-01-09, 10:37   Link #1170
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Some translation from the Prototype Clanche profile, by E08:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E08
Besides being the prototype for Clanche, Prototype Clanche also seems to be the 1st MS that EF developed for X-rounders. It was more well known for the problematic integration of numerous technologies that EF obtained from reverse engineering AGE-2. Large movable wings on the shoulders were attempts to replicate the main wings of AGE-2’s Strider mode, but it was troubled by output control failure from the beginning. A dedicated work system for these parts was created but the end product’s performance was far inferior than that of AGE-2’s, and this led to the halt in their production. Limits in EF’s production and processing technology also prevents the full replication of AGE-2 transformation mechanism in a mass production MS, forcing the developers to settle for a compromise.

Hyper DODS Rifle (Mass Production-Type) is created through reverse engineering AGE-2’s rifle. It has lower power than the original due to production problems like manufacturing precision/accuracy, etc.

The article did not say anything about the DODS cannons tho...
Gurruzine:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E08
From the story:

Danazine can be directly modified into Gurruzine. Gurruzine long cannon has slits near the barrel tip for generating a beam spike for close combat. By spinning the barrel a beam scraper is formed. Claw shaped large spikes within the hover skirts can be deployed to grip the ground, stabilising the MS as it fires the long cannon. Cold climate type Adele MKII is a major headache for Gurruzine.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2013-01-09 at 12:23.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 20:13   Link #1171
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Cold Climate Adele MkII?

I wonder if that will be the next AGE MS-V.
Old 2013-02-04, 21:21   Link #1172
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/0...e-project.html

so it seems that asemu and zeheart's story is confirmed to be explored in some way, what are your reactions about this?

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 00:25   Link #1173
monster

It will be more interesting if it's a TV/OVA series.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 05:43   Link #1174
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

It's really kinda too late in my opinion. I don't thing introducing a rivalry in AGE would do much good unless it involved two characters and over 3 generations. Desil and Flit would have been good candidates IMO, but they really dropped the ball on Desil in Gen 2. These type of things are better expired during the run of a show anyways, instead of after it. There's so many other aspects of AGE that are better explored anyways.

In any case, I would be extremely surprised if its an animated project considering how bad AGE ratings were. A manga or a novel seems to be the best option of expanding the story without costing much investment; and the risks associated with it.
Old 2013-02-05, 05:54   Link #1175
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I'd rather have a story be it manga or OVA about Flit's early adult life.
Old 2013-02-05, 13:49   Link #1176
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Full Gundam AGE panic: Fumoffu?
Old 2013-02-05, 14:36   Link #1177
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Perhaps the topic at hand could be moved to the General AGE discussion thread? It really doesn't have a place in this particular thread.
Old 2013-02-26, 01:10   Link #1178
solidvanz
Special Operative

Spoiler for Gafran Mars Father:

Spoiler for Rogue Bat:

Spoiler for G-Xiphos with Snake Sword:
Old 2013-02-26, 01:13   Link #1179
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
Spoiler for Gafran Mars Father:

Spoiler for Rogue Bat:
The Rogue Bat is giving me a 403 error.
Old 2013-02-26, 01:21   Link #1180
solidvanz
Special Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The Rogue Bat is giving me a 403 error.
Fine with me. I don't get any picture error from it. If you still get 403 error, I will upload it in imgur.