AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-08-05, 17:35   Link #841
Awrya
U mad?

Vol. 7 would be good material for a movie.

If this show finishes with ALO, if they ever want to make a second season, GGO and some side stories would be left (unless they animate Vol. 7). If they won't animate Aincrad flashbacks (as in every SS not animated) and Vol. 7, it would be enough for 12/13 episodes?
Old 2012-08-05, 20:24   Link #842
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Vol. 7 would be good material for a movie.

If this show finishes with ALO, if they ever want to make a second season, GGO and some side stories would be left (unless they animate Vol. 7). If they won't animate Aincrad flashbacks (as in every SS not animated) and Vol. 7, it would be enough for 12/13 episodes?
GGO + Caliber would be about 12 episodes I think? GGO is kind of fast paced though so they might have to fill some bits in. I'd hesitate putting Mother's Rosario in too because that would definitely push it over and there's nothing else to use to fill out a second cour unless you started Alicization which would be a very bad idea.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 03:31   Link #843
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
GGO + Caliber would be about 12 episodes I think? GGO is kind of fast paced though so they might have to fill some bits in. I'd hesitate putting Mother's Rosario in too because that would definitely push it over and there's nothing else to use to fill out a second cour unless you started Alicization which would be a very bad idea.
Not if they decide to air it as OVA series, because in my knowledge OVA doesn't really binded to the rule of cour broadcasting. So instead of continuing to Alicization, they can leave it on GGO like that and could continue with a normal cour for Alicization if they decided to make it to anime later on for the next cour

Last edited by NoirX; 2012-08-06 at 04:02.
NoirX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 07:21   Link #844
Deltaray

Now hoping that they will keep PoH and others in next episode, atleast then it would give better explanation when we get to Cradil.
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 12:25   Link #845
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaray View Post
Now hoping that they will keep PoH and others in next episode, atleast then it would give better explanation when we get to Cradil.
i suspect if PoH appears, the anime will omit the LC stuff form cradil. It would no sense for the anime to raise the LC issue then 4 eps later tells the viewer the LC groups has been taken care of off screen. I expect ep6 to be the first and only time LC is mention until GGO.
Old 2012-08-06, 15:04   Link #846
Awrya
U mad?

We know that LC got taken down sometime between the 57th and 74th floor.
The studio could do it like episode 5, a short scene on 54th floor and after the OP the current time line advanced to 57th floor.
Assuming the crusade took place after Liz SS (June, not quite sure what floor the frontline was), they could show a short scene about red players, a motivational speech and players raising arms, indicating the crusade, then after the OP just continue with the main story.

Funny note, XaXa's sword, the Estoc, was the weapon he took from Yoruko&Caynz from A Murder. Since it has apparently become his main weapon by GGO, I wonder what his main weapon was before the 57th floor. He seemed to have collected weapons that he found interesting.
Old 2012-08-06, 16:48   Link #847
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i suspect if PoH appears, the anime will omit the LC stuff form cradil. It would no sense for the anime to raise the LC issue then 4 eps later tells the viewer the LC groups has been taken care of off screen. I expect ep6 to be the first and only time LC is mention until GGO.
But Cradil is one factor that made Kirito and Asuna's relation progress rapidly though(the one that he almost kills Kirito). If that were omitted creating the significance of the two's relationship would be hard and I personally can't think of anything that would replace those scene
Old 2012-08-06, 16:49   Link #848
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
But Cradil is one factor that made Kirito and Asuna's relation progress rapidly though(the one that he almost kills Kirito). If that were omitted creating the significance of the two's relationship would be hard and I personally can't think of anything that would replace those scene
i didn't say they should omit Cradil, just his association with LC. The anime could change the association form LC to Titan's Hand and it would make more sense.
Old 2012-08-06, 16:56   Link #849
Clarste
Human

Rereading the novel, it seems like the association with LC was pretty flimsy in the first place. He was never part of the guild, and didn't care at all about the crusade, he just learned some PK techniques from some LC friends. It'd be incredibly easy to omit the reference there. And yes, it kind of ruins the build-up of PoH and XaXa that Murder Case goes for.

Titan's Hand makes for an easy switch.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 17:07   Link #850
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

I don't think it's quite possible to have a normal member(Cradil) in Titan's Hand stronger than the red-haired spear wielder who is implied to be their leader. And as for the LC crusade, it could be just brought up as a sort of side information in episode 6 aftermath or before the continuation of the main plot of SAO arc
Old 2012-08-06, 17:10   Link #851
Clarste
Human

He doesn't have to be a member. Just to have connections. He was never a member of LC in the novel either. And the only connection he needs is the idea of using paralysis poisons. Although to be fair, that's really Johnny Black's trademark.
Old 2012-08-06, 17:15   Link #852
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I don't think it's quite possible to have a normal member(Cradil) in Titan's Hand stronger than the red-haired spear wielder who is implied to be their leader. And as for the LC crusade, it could be just brought up as a sort of side information in episode 6 aftermath or before the continuation of the main plot of SAO arc
and bring up the LC Crusade without actually show it is going to have the anime viewers frothing in the their mouth. it would be a lot better anime wise to omit the Cradil's LC connection and not bring up LC until GGO.
Old 2012-08-06, 17:17   Link #853
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
He doesn't have to be a member. Just to have connections. He was never a member of LC in the novel either. And the only connection he needs is the idea of using paralysis poisons. Although to be fair, that's really Johnny Black's trademark.
Titan's Hand didn't have that kind of PK skill though, they're just a bunch of low-leveled thugs which makes it quite unlikely to relate to them for the paralysis poisoning that Cradil use to disable Kirito and the other 2 KoB members
Old 2012-08-06, 17:20   Link #854
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Titan's Hand didn't have that kind of PK skill though, they're just a bunch of low-leveled thugs which makes it quite unlikely to relate to them for the paralysis poisoning that Cradil use to disable Kirito and the other 2 KoB members
I agree, which is why I mentioned Johnny Black. I think Xellos is right though, anime viewers would go crazy to know that they skipped over the defeat of the "main villains" that were just introduced.
Old 2012-08-06, 17:29   Link #855
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I agree, which is why I mentioned Johnny Black. I think Xellos is right though, anime viewers would go crazy to know that they skipped over the defeat of the "main villains" that were just introduced.
As I said earlier it could be a half-part of the last side-story episode(Episode 7 or half part of episode 6). Also I don't think the anime cares about the first-time viewers since they already omitted quite alot of fundamental information, omitting another one(LC crusade) which is in LN counted as a side info wouldn't matter to them in my opinion
Old 2012-08-07, 11:38   Link #856
willx
Nyaaan~~

Hey, speaking about PoH .. does the LN ever mention what happens to him? Cause Johnny Black, in his crazy rant when he stabs Kirito in real life says: "I'm the last of Laughing Coffin" or something to that extent..

Did PoH die?
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 11:40   Link #857
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Hey, speaking about PoH .. does the LN ever mention what happens to him? Cause Johnny Black, in his crazy rant when he stabs Kirito in real life says: "I'm the last of Laughing Coffin" or something to that extent..

Did PoH die?
No one knows although Kirito was sure PoH survive the crusade and wasn't capture. I am pretty sure the authorities can find him if they go over the logs SAO logs carefully.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2012-08-07 at 12:26.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 12:03   Link #858
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
No one knows although Kirito was sure PoH survive the crusade and wasn't capture. I am pretty sure the authorities can fine if they go over the logs SAO logs carefully.
Ahh.. I meant is it ever revealed in later volumes what happened to PoH or whether he's still around.. It'd be weird to have Xaxa and Johnny Black appear but no PoH..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 12:27   Link #859
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Ahh.. I meant is it ever revealed in later volumes what happened to PoH or whether he's still around.. It'd be weird to have Xaxa and Johnny Black appear but no PoH..
Not that i am aware of, I am reading vol10 in Chinese, about halfway through.
Old 2012-08-07, 14:51   Link #860
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
No one knows although Kirito was sure PoH survive the crusade and wasn't capture. I am pretty sure the authorities can find him if they go over the logs SAO logs carefully.
There is no such thing as the SAO logs, they were only able to access player/character name and their level while the server is live, and I'm guessing Kayaba's self-destruct program did a good job cleaning up after itself.

Quote:
No PoH as of Vol.10, I doubt he'll ever show up in the main series, he's simply not relevant to the story anymore.

On the other hand, he very well can have a more important role in Progressive.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote