AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-20, 13:01   Link #81
Akabane_Kun
The no ending cycle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shana View Post
I watch a bit of episode 7, only the before-slap and the slap scene.

When Makoto tells Kotonoha "Yes, I'll go with you." to something right now I don't remember what was, and she gets mad-sad, I see no reason, she's Makoto's lover, only, she can think and say she's Makoto's girlfriend, but she isn't. She have no reasons to get mad-sad, she's only Makoto's lover and she know she will have to pay to cheat Kotonoha with Makoto. The slap Kotonoha gived to Sekai was really good gaved!

That's all.
Would you like to be only a sex machine to a person you truly love? I wouldnt
Old 2007-08-20, 13:05   Link #82
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I watch a bit of episode 7, only the before-slap and the slap scene.

When Makoto tells Kotonoha "Yes, I'll go with you." to something right now I don't remember what was, and she gets mad-sad, I see no reason, she's Makoto's lover, only, she can think and say she's Makoto's girlfriend, but she isn't. She have no reasons to get mad-sad, she's only Makoto's lover and she know she will have to pay to cheat Kotonoha with Makoto. The slap Kotonoha gived to Sekai was really good gaved!

That's all.
that statement is again a bit weird.
Let's see the other way around.
Imagine you are hitting on a guy, and this one does it as well on you. But he is already with a girl. then, instead of breaking up with her, he just flirts with you, and doesn't care of the previous one. but, instead of beind decisive, he just "saves" the appearances. what do you do? being happy go lucky?

again, she doesn't deserve the right to be "his girlfriend".
but she HAS the RIGHT to be angry/sad, because the idiot in question doesn't fix anything, and even play double game.
And what happens if we switches the roles? If for example, Makoto pretends to be Kotonoha boyfriend, but still blatantly flirts Sekai. Kotonoha would have more right than sekai, just because of "being the official girlfriend"?

again, that DOES NOT make sense to stay with someone you don't care at all, or you just hang as pity or not being able to confront reality and conflict.

Cheating and deserving the slap has NOTHING to do with having the right to feel sad/angry at such situation.
Hack, i don't get why people think you need the "right" to feel something like this, especially in such case.

again, SEPARATE the different issues.
Old 2007-08-20, 13:06   Link #83
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akabane_Kun View Post
Would you like to be only a sex machine to a person you truly love? I wouldnt
I know, I wouldn't too. But is her fault, she leaves her to be a sex machine, don't ya see? she gets sadder (as you can see on ep.6) but she does not talk about that to Makoto! At least, that's what I see.

Edit: Didn't see Klash's post, well, you got me.
Old 2007-08-20, 13:18   Link #84
Akabane_Kun
The no ending cycle...

Quote:
I know, I wouldn't too. But is her fault, she leaves her to be a sex machine, don't ya see? she gets sadder (as you can see on ep.6) but she does not talk about that to Makoto! At least, that's what I see.

Edit: Didn't see Klash's post, well, you got me.
I was going to answer but klashikari said all in the previews post i think you should read it
Old 2007-08-20, 13:22   Link #85
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
that statement is again a bit weird.
Let's see the other way around.
Imagine you are hitting on a guy, and this one does it as well on you. But he is already with a girl. then, instead of breaking up with her, he just flirts with you, and doesn't care of the previous one. but, instead of beind decisive, he just "saves" the appearances. what do you do? being happy go lucky?

again, she doesn't deserve the right to be "his girlfriend".
but she HAS the RIGHT to be angry/sad, because the idiot in question doesn't fix anything, and even play double game.
And what happens if we switches the roles? If for example, Makoto pretends to be Kotonoha boyfriend, but still blatantly flirts Sekai. Kotonoha would have more right than sekai, just because of "being the official girlfriend"?

again, that DOES NOT make sense to stay with someone you don't care at all, or you just hang as pity or not being able to confront reality and conflict.

Cheating and deserving the slap has NOTHING to do with having the right to feel sad/angry at such situation.
Hack, i don't get why people think you need the "right" to feel something like this, especially in such case.

again, SEPARATE the different issues.
agreed no one needs the right to feel anything. Like i said emotions are emotions there is no right or wrong it just how you feel. Emotions most of the time are not logical. What happens from now between her Itou and Koto has nothing to do with the right to feel this way or that way or even the slap in general, they are seprarate.
Old 2007-08-20, 16:10   Link #86
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari
That's a really good question, actually. I do feel Kotonoha's worse off if that was the situation, so she has more of a right to act on her anger, perhaps, but they're both free to feel whatever they feel.
Old 2007-08-27, 17:05   Link #87
kayos
Banned

I kind of feel sorry for Sekai, she has good moral standard but she's too dependent on Makoto (aka the idiot) to make the decisions.

It's like having a blind person leading a group of people toward a cliff and everyone noticed it but no one is saying a thing. Cross that, they are bickering among each other, the blind person hears it but yet they are still en route to the cliff. Great job everyone.

A good way to end the series for me would be a confrontation between the three characters leading to a b!tch smack fest and of course it's not a b!tch fest without the b!tch club.
Old 2007-08-28, 10:18   Link #88
Echoes

Sekai is a person I could see getting a happy ending. She does have the morals and ethics in her, they're just overshadowed by her emotions for Makoto. If she were to get over him, or muster up the courage to end it herself, I could definitely see her becoming the sort of person who'd never do anything like this again.

Of course, should the ordeal leave her emotionally traumatized, she might very well not revert back to her cheerful self. Though she's not my favorite at the moment, I'm keeping my hopes up for her.
Old 2007-08-28, 19:15   Link #89
flashmagi

sekai gets a plus in eps9 cuz:
Spoiler for eps9:
Old 2007-08-28, 19:52   Link #90
Zeira

I still gravitate back to the tape.

If sekai is the one to see it.... what will happen. Maybe it wil be the last straw.. and she can leave him. However, Setsuna states that, basically, Sekai isn't as strong as she looks..

Will she turn in to the puddle that Koto is.. when she realizes she got cheated on..

will she get away with him, with negative affects on her personality.. leaving her to be less cheerful.

or...I dont know. o.o
Old 2007-08-28, 21:24   Link #91
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
I think Sekai's actually pretty strong, even if she's made mistakes. I hope she finds out and tells Makoto to gtfo.
Old 2007-08-29, 17:06   Link #92
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
I think Sekai's actually pretty strong, even if she's made mistakes. I hope she finds out and tells Makoto to gtfo.
As much i would like to hope for the gtfo scenario i dont think we are going to get it. Actually having Makoto end up alone in the end might actual save him from going down the wrong path later in life. If he had time to reflect by him self with no one around as why all these girls left him maybe finally it would click.

"Hey wow i finally get it im a f*ck nugget and have hurt people who were suppose to be important to me therefore leading to their mental breakdown and finacial hardhships due to a huge debt for years of mental therpy and anti-depressants drugs. No wonder they left me." Que cheesy music dim the lights fade to black as you hear the gun shot in the backround. END OF STORY
Old 2007-08-30, 04:02   Link #93
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Don't like Sekai's VA at all now. I get annoyed when I hear her talking.
Old 2007-09-02, 18:24   Link #94
Shana

In my brain, Sekai is getting badder and badder...

I'm really not liking her acts; I know she likes Makoto, I can't do nothing about that, but I think she should talk with Makoto and say he to talk with Kotonoha about their relathionship, or at least, think about how Kotonoha is feeling right now (I mean, in the series) knowing that things by seconds chracters (Taisuke, Setsuna, etc).

Anyways, we all have different tastes.
Old 2007-09-02, 19:35   Link #95
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
In my opinion Sekai is a character that you you isn't perfect, has some faults, but yet you feel sorry for her. Even though I don't think she "betrayed" Kotonoha, the fact that she was not straightforward with Kotonoha (she tried to) directed some faults towards her. Similar to Kotonoha (but not to that extreme), she is worried about Makoto's promiscuity while trying to force herself to think that she is not at fault for being with Makoto. She's not a bad person, trying to persuade Makoto to tell Konotoha the truth (but failed), and trying to stay away from their relationship as long as possible (Makoto was the one who initiated it, going to her house after the pool).

Therefore, I just can't bring myself to hate her, but I feel uneasy supporting her relationship with Makoto. In fact, I'm quite apathetic to most of the characters in this series because they don't have defining characteristics that makes me want to loyally support.

Of course the exception is Makoto, which right now I'm hating.
Old 2007-09-08, 22:18   Link #96
starry_sky45
Cherry Blossom~

Send a message via AIM to starry_sky45 Send a message via MSN to starry_sky45
At the beginning of the series I actually really liked her. But as it progressed, I started liking her less and less. By the end of ep 5 I hated her. Then by the end of ep 10 when she saw the video, I thought, "karma bitch."
Old 2007-09-12, 17:25   Link #97
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Sekai was okay at the start of the show, but I began to detest her as the show dragged on, by the end of ep 5 she reminds me of Mitsuki in KGNE which is nothing wrong with that in of itself ( I perfered Mitsuki over Haruaka), but the difference is, Mitsuki hit on Taka AFTER Haruka went into a comma for a year and a half, Sekai did it when Konnoha was in perfect health and fully conciences.

Lacan/Grahf
Old 2007-09-12, 18:04   Link #98
komichi

I also agree with those who has said something about Sekai received her just desert. Thinking a long way back... wasn't she the one who pampered Matoko enough that he became the current Makoto? She allowed him to do as he pleased with her justifying her action by calling it 'practice' and such, it seem this caused him to have funny ideas and began his quest on monopolizing all the girls.

And beside, if she would've asked him out instead of playing as a match-maker everything would've been well... but then there'd be no drama and this will just become another school romance.
Old 2007-09-12, 19:00   Link #99
Orin GA

Dont know if anyone has said it, but does Sekai remind anyone of Tomo?
Old 2007-09-12, 19:05   Link #100
GUTB_

Thing with Sekai is that she's not at all a strong willed character. She's easily pushed around and cowers down from confrontation. She's quite dependant in her relationship with Makoto. Her boyfriend will have to support her and make sure she's well taken care of, but Makoto, being a useless tool, fails in this role.

Sekai doesn't have a mean bone her body, she just needs the support of a decent guy. Makoto's abuse of her and abandonment is crime against men, he just needs to die.
Closed Thread